Error trying to get a ID from the ID Driver with IDM4

I call the ID Driver to get an ID from the loopback driver and I get the
error message :

11:12:19 604 Drvrs: Loopback services ST:
DirXML Log Event -------------------
Driver: \ECA-META\eca\services\DriverSet1\Loopback services
Channel: Subscriber
Message: Code(-9131) Error in
vnd.nds.stream://ECA-META/eca/services/DriverSet1/Loopback+services/Subscriber/sub-event-idsa-15juil-2010#XmlData:80
: Error evaluating XPATH expression
'token-xpath("id:getNextID($RMIServer,$RMIPort,$UIDRule,$IDClient,$Tracelevel)")'
: com.novell.xml.xpath.XPathEvaluationException: function 'id:getNextID'
not found.

The rule calling the ID is :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE policy PUBLIC
"policy-builder-dtd" "C:\Program
Files\Novell\Designer4\plugins\com.novell.idm.policybuilder_4.0.0.201009290717\DTD\dirxmlscript4.0.dtd"><policy
xmlns:id="http://www.novell.com/nxsl/java/com.novell.idm.idprovider.IDClient
">

	<rule>
		<description>Update ECA_Index1 for External Users - test 1 april
2011</description>
		<conditions>
			<and>
				<if-class-name mode="nocase" op="equal">User</if-class-name>
				<if-op-attr mode="nocase" name="Description"
op="changing-to">testid</if-op-attr>
			</and>
		</conditions>
		<actions>
			<do-set-local-variable name="NextID" scope="policy">
				<arg-string>
					<token-xpath
expression="id:getNextID($RMIServer,$RMIPort,$UIDRule,$IDClient,$Tracelevel)"/>
				</arg-string>
			</do-set-local-variable>
		</actions>
	</rule>
	<rule>

It seems the getNextID function is not found.

I installed the driver on IDM 4 wih the configuration file, as the base
package installed a incomplete driver.

Any idea ?

sma

sma
4/5/2011 9:36:02 AM
novell.id-manager.drivers 10360 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I'm not sure whether it is possible to call getNextID withing DirXML
policy. You should create XSLT policy and specify ID Provider's
parameters according to the 'documentation'
(http://www.novell.com/documentation/idm40drivers/idprovider/?page=/documentation/idm40drivers/idprovider/data/bookinfo.html).

Stanley

--
sbocinec
sbocinec's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=62989

0
sbocinec
4/5/2011 11:36:01 AM
sorry, this is the 'correct link'
(http://www.novell.com/documentation/idm40drivers/idprovider/data/bccgotd.html)
to the doc.

--

On 4/5/2011 7:36 AM, sbocinec wrote:

> I'm not sure whether it is possible to call getNextID withing DirXML
> policy. You should create XSLT policy and specify ID Provider's
> parameters according to the 'documentation'
> (http://www.novell.com/documentation/idm40drivers/idprovider/?page=/documentation/idm40drivers/idprovider/data/bookinfo.html).

He correctly called it via Policy.  He has the namespace defined in the
<policy> node.

<policy
xmlns:id="http://www.novell.com/nxsl/java/com.novell.idm.idprovider.IDClient">

He has the XPATH call of
id:getNextID($RMIServer,$RMIPort,$UIDRule,$IDClient,$Tracelevel)

Yet it is not working.  Sorry, I do not know the IDClient interface at
all.  I would make sure the variable have the right data in them of
course...
0
Geoffrey

Thanks for your reply, but eventually I found my error, there was a
mistake in the URI and PREFIX for the java class in the policy. ( so I
can confirm that it works with a policy rule)

Here is the policy : (variables are set at the driver level)

	<rule>
		<description>Update TEST_Index1 for External Users - test  1 april
2011</description>
		<conditions>
			<and>
				<if-src-dn op="in-container">eca\externes</if-src-dn>
				<if-class-name mode="nocase" op="equal">User</if-class-name>
				<if-op-attr mode="nocase" name="Description"
op="changing-to">testid</if-op-attr>
			</and>
		</conditions>
		<actions>
			<do-set-local-variable name="NextID" scope="policy">
				<arg-string>
					<token-xpath
expression="id:getNextID($RMIServer,$RMIPort,$UIDRule,$IDClient,$Tracelevel)"/>
				</arg-string>
			</do-set-local-variable>
			<do-veto/>
		</actions>
	</rule>
	<rule>

AND here is the java class PREFIX and URI declaration : (at the
beginning of the policy)

sma's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=22076
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=436248

0
sma
4/5/2011 2:06:02 PM
Hi sma,

it's really interesting :) I'm just curious where in the this policy do
you specify ID Provider's policy ($UIDRule) which is used to generate
ID? How ID provider knows which policy to use to generate new ID?

Thanks for explanation,

Stanley

--
sbocinec
sbocinec's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=62989
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=436248

0
sbocinec

sorry, forget the previous #$@%^ question, it's so clear...

--
sbocinec
sbocinec's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=62989
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=436248

0
sbocinec

ID-Provider Driver
Novell Identity Manager 3.6 Windows Server 2003 R2 eDirectoy 8.8. SP3 Hi I want to develop a ID-policy based on followin rules: Prefix-GivenName[1]Surname[1]-AutoIcremnetNumber And these policies will be consumed by ID-Client(Identity Manager). So long , I have created ID Provider-driver, and configured it to be run as a RMI server (without ID Generation-Map) and Without defining Attributes in the ID-provider driver Filter. And I have created a NULL driver with some policies which invokes id:getNextID() method to get a Unique ID for newly created users. But my...

POA error WpeAddAttachRecords disk id mismatch. Passed ID [2] pUser ID [16]
Hi, I receive a lot of these errors on the POA _WpeAddAttachRecords disk id mismatch. Passed ID [2] pUser ID [16] What does it mean? Netware 6 SP3 running GroupWise 6.0.4 Kind regards, Arjan Jack, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options availa...

Diffrent (ID) By ID
Hi!  I Have Know Diffrent (ID)  in Properties windows By ID. Please help Me!   Hi, and welcome to the ASP.NET forums. shsecretz:I Have Know Diffrent (ID)  in Properties windows By ID.  Can you please describe this a bit more please as it doesn't make a lot of sense to me at this moment. What exactly are you after? What is the Diffrent(ID) for you? Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons....

How to get the ID of the trigger contol ID?
i have a page with 4 buttons. All these buttons are triggers of an updatepanel. After updation, i want to display a message specific to each button.I have attached an endrequest handler. how to get the id of the button that triggered the postback in the endrequest handler?thanks  this.ClientIDCheersAlMy BlogMapStats.NETPlease click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question!...

how to get module id by tab id
Hello, i have to redirect the page to the edit module of some page. its very simple to redirect page to the view control of a tab by getting tabinfo from the method getTabByName of tabcontroller class and redirege to that but i want to redirect the page to the edit module loaded on that page... for that i need the module id as well Thanks in advance Adil Hussain...

Driver Id and Driver Version not coming while creating the U
Hi, I have got a few Novell Products on my machine. some of them are running on VMPlayer( windows 2003 server) . The products on VMPLayer are : eDirectory 8.8 Identity Manager 3.5.1, iManager The products on my local machine are: Identity Manager User Application Novell designer. When I create a User Provisioning driver in the Identiy Manager using iManager, the driver gets created succssfully. It comes to the running state. But I do not get the driver id and driver version( it says, "atrribute not found") in the driver's detail information. This means the dri...

Getting Session ID and Session ID CHanging
I am building a cart, and when the user first accesses the site, I want to grab their SessionID. For some reason, I cannot get that Session ID when the site first pops up. I have a Session_Start() and Application_Start() function in the global.asax file. My other question is that everytime a page is loaded, a different session ID is grabbed and I am not sure why that would happen. Shouldn;t the Session ID always be the same while the user is on the site or the session timesout? Thanks If you don't use/store something in Session state during a user's Session, it will use a different ...

Error that i am getting :Your server command (family id #0, process id #9) encountered a deadlock situation. Please re-run your command.
if anyone has seen an error like this.... please give me a shout... i'd greatly appreciate it..... Your server command (family id #0, process id #9) encountered a deadlock situation. Please re-run your command. GetNextSequenceNumberUpd ERROR: Unexpected select exception : com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: Your server command (family id #0, process id #9) encountered a deadlock situation. Please re-run your command. , sqlstate = 40001, sqlStrUpdate=update sequence_number set sequence_number=1267, last_mod_method='GetNextSeqNumUpd', last_mod_datetime='...

i am sending mail on our company id send successfully send but if i am sending any gmail and yahoo id i get error in asp.net 1.1
i am sending mail on our company id successfully send but if i am sending email any gmail and yahoo id i get bello error: in asp.net 1.1       Server Error in '/WebApplication1' Application. The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x80040217. The server response was not available Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServ...

error while trying to get user id from membership
 I got this error while trying to get user id from membeship in asp.net I write the code as follow  MembershipUser myuser = Membership.GetUser(); but the error happens in this line of code above "Specified cast is not valid." although it was working before but stopped suddenly Life is about trusting our feelings and taking chances, losing, finding happiness, appreciating the memories, learning from the past.....  Hi, It was perfectly works for me. any way just try to restart the database where membership stores.Check above lines of the code. You know some...

error while trying to get user id from membership
 I got this error while trying to get user id from membeship in asp.net I write the code as follow  MembershipUser myuser = Membership.GetUser(); but the error happens in this line of code above "Specified cast is not valid." although it was working before but stopped suddenlyLife is about trusting our feelings and taking chances, losing, finding happiness, appreciating the memories, learning from the past........

Delphi XE3 FireDAC TADConnection: Firebird driver not in Driver ID list
Delphi XE3 Enterprise FireDAC TADConnection Firebird driver not in Driver ID list Hi to all, I use Delphi XE3 Enterprise and have just installed FireDAC 7.0.1, but trying the sample "getting started" application, I can't find Firebird in the Driver ID list. I can see ADS, ASA, DataSnap, etc but no Firebird. By the way, all the DBExpress applications are running fine with Firebird. Is something I have missed? Hernando. Hello Hernando 'FB' driver ID was introduced in FireDAC v 9.0.1 (XE5). Before that existed only 'IB' driver ID. To workaround ...

"no association ID" error with Notes Driver
I've just setup a Lotus Notes driver to a custom databaes in Notes. In other words it isn't the name.nsf database. Everything seems to be working fine. I can migrate entries to the database from the join engine and get changes back. But on the add-association event I keep getting a "Modify entry failed: no association ID!" error message. If I view the entry's associations, the association has been set. Any idea what the issue might be? Below is the status documents from the remote loader. [03/06/06 13:09:03.266]: DHTS_Notes ST: Remote Interface Driver: Do...

error while trying to get user id from membership #2
 I got this error while trying to get user id from membeship in asp.net I write the code as follow  MembershipUser myuser = Membership.GetUser(); but the error happens in this line of code above "Specified cast is not valid." although it was working before but stopped suddenlyLife is about trusting our feelings and taking chances, losing, finding happiness, appreciating the memories, learning from the past..... Duplicated thread, please focus on one of them:http://forums.asp.net/t/1385366.aspxRegards Andrew ZhuMicrosoft online ASP.NET supportPlease remember to click “Ma...

Web resources about - Error trying to get a ID from the ID Driver with IDM4 - novell.id-manager.drivers

East coast blizzard buries eastern US and New York bans travel – as it happeend
Weather service predicts storm could bring snowfall to rival the biggest blizzards on record and residents warned to stay indoors as winds intensify ...

Steven Tyler stumbles upon live CNN broadcast, gives sage snowstorm advice
Anything can happen on live TV. Including running into Steven Tyler The sage wizard of rock 'n' roll band Aerosmith was out in New York City ...

Saskatchewan grieves after school shooting as conflicting accounts emerge - World news - The Guardian ...
‘It’s not something you ever imagine happening here,’ says Indian Nations chief of attack in La Loche, a town of fewer than 3,000 people

Rand Paul Says Michael Bloomberg Wouldn’t Get Many Votes As Independent Because He ‘Doesn’t Have Much ...
With less than a year left in President Barack Obama’s second presidential term, the running to become the 45th President of the United States ...

Danny DeVito On Oscars Diversity Controversy: “We Are A Bunch Of Racists”
While on the scene at the Sundance Film Festival this weekend, Danny DeVito took a moment to comment on the still-hot controversy over diversity ...

Here's a Video of Hillary Clinton Laughing in the Face of Transparency
Presidential candidate and professional evader Hillary Clinton has truly perfected the smile-and-turn, a political maneuver often used, but seldom ...

Blue Origin Executes First Successful Relaunch And Landing Of Reusable Rocket
The private sector space race is heating up, and Amazon.com co-founder Jeff Bezos’ Blue Origin is back out in front with the first successful ...

Head of Apple’s secret car project to leave the company
According to a recent report from the Wall Street Journal , Apple's ongoing effort to design an electric car hit a significant snag with word ...

Woman Questions Husband's Shooting by Phoenix-Area Police
A Texas woman is questioning what led Phoenix-area police to fatally shoot her unarmed husband at a hotel

Google will pay the UK $185 million in back taxes
Like other tech giants, Google has been accused of using legal loopholes to avoid paying many of the taxes it owes... and it's now tackling some ...