do-send-email, do-send-email-from-template attach a new file...

I like to do toolkit rules that report or fix things, based on a trigger
attribute.  Like these articles:

http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6308/toolkit-rules-identity-manager-part-1
http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6310/toolkit-rules-identity-manager-part-2
http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6316/toolkit-rules-identity-manager-part-3
http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6440/toolkit-rules-identity-manager-part-4
http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6441/example-use-toolkit-rule-identity-manager
http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6514/another-toolkit-rule-use-example-bad-attribute-value-cleanup

Now I have an issue with an AD driver, where Groups in AD and eDir have
all sorts of screwed up membership lists.  And worse, the LDAP guys
decided to use Sec Equals on users, instead of Group Membership when
evaluating rights.  (They think that is better, and do not want to use
the new LDAP Control to get effective rights.  Personally I think they
are just being obstinate).

I have a rule that reads the eDir groups, then finds all the
differences, (590 groups, many groups are empty, but several have
hundreds or thousands of members) and with trace disabled on the rule,
but level 3 on the driver only takes 90 seconds.  Kick ass performance
in my mind!  (We have another  rule that fixes <instance> docs with
Assoc-refs because we have cross domain group memberships... Which slows
it down quite a bit, and I cannot disable).

anyway, I am generating CSV output in an email, but I have to copy paste
it out, into a file.  Wondering if I could generate the file in policy
and attach it as a file...  I know how to log it to disk on the server
box, (and thanks to David G, how to use syslogd) but I like the email
approach, since even when I am not connected or onsite, I can see the
results.   Also easy to share with a couple of people via the email.

I know we had a thread back when about how to include an attachment in
an email, like an image in a template, but there the file had to exist
in a very specific location, which I do not really want to manage the
filesystem via policy here.

I guess I could just set the local variable as a nodeset and send it out
ECMA and do everything there and send the email,  but I would prefer not
to have to do that.
0
Geoffrey
1/15/2010 2:56:20 PM
novell.id-manager.drivers 10360 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Geoff

I'm not sure its possible to do using DirXML script (Come back father we
need you !) It is possible via JAVA and thus should be possible via an ECMA
script using calls to MimeMessage and MimeBodyPart. Haven't tried it myself
yet thou. I detect an article writing opportunity ;-)

Rgds

Justin

"Geoffrey Carman" <geoffc@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
>I like to do toolkit rules that report or fix things, based on a trigger
>attribute.  Like these articles:
>
> http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6308/toolkit-rules-identity-manager-part-1
> http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6310/toolkit-rules-identity-manager-part-2
> http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6316/toolkit-rules-identity-manager-part-3
> http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6440/toolkit-rules-identity-manager-part-4
> http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6441/example-use-toolkit-rule-identity-manager
> http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6514/another-toolkit-rule-use-example-bad-attribute-value-cleanup
>

> Now I have an issue with an AD driver, where Groups in AD and eDir have
> all sorts of screwed up membership lists.  And worse, the LDAP guys
> decided to use Sec Equals on users, instead of Group Membership when
> evaluating rights.  (They think that is better, and do not want to use the
> new LDAP Control to get effective rights.  Personally I think they are
> just being obstinate).
>
> I have a rule that reads the eDir groups, then finds all the differences,
> (590 groups, many groups are empty, but several have hundreds or thousands
> of members) and with trace disabled on the rule, but level 3 on the driver
> only takes 90 seconds.  Kick ass performance in my mind!  (We have another
> rule that fixes <instance> docs with Assoc-refs because we have cross
> domain group memberships... Which slows it down quite a bit, and I cannot
> disable).
>
> anyway, I am generating CSV output in an email, but I have to copy paste
> it out, into a file.  Wondering if I could generate the file in policy and
> attach it as a file...  I know how to log it to disk on the server box,
> (and thanks to David G, how to use syslogd) but I like the email approach,
> since even when I am not connected or onsite, I can see the results.
> Also easy to share with a couple of people via the email.
>
> I know we had a thread back when about how to include an attachment in an
> email, like an image in a template, but there the file had to exist in a
> very specific location, which I do not really want to manage the
> filesystem via policy here.
>
> I guess I could just set the local variable as a nodeset and send it out
> ECMA and do everything there and send the email,  but I would prefer not
> to have to do that.

0
Justin
1/15/2010 5:09:52 PM
Justin Birt wrote:
> Hi Geoff
>
> I'm not sure its possible to do using DirXML script (Come back father we
> need you !) It is possible via JAVA and thus should be possible via an ECMA
> script using calls to MimeMessage and MimeBodyPart. Haven't tried it myself
> yet thou. I detect an article writing opportunity ;-)

Hehe.  I figured.  I submitted an Enhancement request to add it.

To be fair, a request I added Jan 12, by Jan 15 had been updated to
Under Consideration, so that is nice to see.  Some kind of movement at
least!!

> Rgds
>
> Justin
>

> "Geoffrey Carman" <geoffc@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
>> I like to do toolkit rules that report or fix things, based on a trigger
>> attribute.  Like these articles:
>>
>> http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6308/toolkit-rules-identity-manager-part-1
>> http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6310/toolkit-rules-identity-manager-part-2
>> http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6316/toolkit-rules-identity-manager-part-3
>> http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6440/toolkit-rules-identity-manager-part-4
>> http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6441/example-use-toolkit-rule-identity-manager
>> http://www.novell.com/communities/node/6514/another-toolkit-rule-use-example-bad-attribute-value-cleanup
>>

>> Now I have an issue with an AD driver, where Groups in AD and eDir have
>> all sorts of screwed up membership lists.  And worse, the LDAP guys
>> decided to use Sec Equals on users, instead of Group Membership when
>> evaluating rights.  (They think that is better, and do not want to use the
>> new LDAP Control to get effective rights.  Personally I think they are
>> just being obstinate).
>>
>> I have a rule that reads the eDir groups, then finds all the differences,
>> (590 groups, many groups are empty, but several have hundreds or thousands
>> of members) and with trace disabled on the rule, but level 3 on the driver
>> only takes 90 seconds.  Kick ass performance in my mind!  (We have another
>> rule that fixes <instance> docs with Assoc-refs because we have cross
>> domain group memberships... Which slows it down quite a bit, and I cannot
>> disable).
>>
>> anyway, I am generating CSV output in an email, but I have to copy paste
>> it out, into a file.  Wondering if I could generate the file in policy and
>> attach it as a file...  I know how to log it to disk on the server box,
>> (and thanks to David G, how to use syslogd) but I like the email approach,
>> since even when I am not connected or onsite, I can see the results.
>> Also easy to share with a couple of people via the email.
>>
>> I know we had a thread back when about how to include an attachment in an
>> email, like an image in a template, but there the file had to exist in a
>> very specific location, which I do not really want to manage the
>> filesystem via policy here.
>>
>> I guess I could just set the local variable as a nodeset and send it out
>> ECMA and do everything there and send the email,  but I would prefer not
>> to have to do that.

0
Geoffrey

Send New Email Opens Another New Email
I just upgraded to Groupwise 8.1 on the server and about 5 clients. About 115 other clients are running 7.0, 7.1 or 7.2 clients. After the install, whenever anyone creates a new email message and clicks the send button, another window pops up. The window is another blank email as if you are sending another new email. This also happens on a reply, so if you sit down and do 5-6 replies at a time, you get anothe 5-6 blank email windows. My users and myself find this feature annoying and would like to turn it off. Some users think the first email did not send and actually re-typ...

Mass Email sending or Bulk sending email
  i have a Problem regarding Email sending ie : Bulk sending mails --> let me explain Clearly i have an excel sheet in that there are around 3000 Records and in that each and ever record has a unique email id( it can be either gmail , yahoo. or hotmail )so , now i need a soluction for how to send a Bulk email at a timeas i told earlier  , each record contain Unique email id , so i need to send email for individual recodes in excel with appropriate record data  for the above probm , i have writen a program with foreach loop --> it is like, i have taken a co...

Sending Email with multiple email attachments
I can send regular emails out with it and I can send emails with one attachment and it works fine. Why cant I Attach multiple attachments to an email. I already checked to be sure the files exist and they do and it local to the disk so its not over a network. Code for creating multiple attachments: ' Build an IList of mail attachments. If sAttach<>"" Then Dim delim As Char = CChar(",") Dim sSubstr As String For Each sSubstr in sAttach.Split(delim) Dim myAttachment As MailAttachment = ...

Rule to send email on startup sends multiple emails
On client 6.5.7, creating a rule to send an email upon startup results in sending a continuous stream of emails until the rule is disabled and the client is restarted. I've found TID 3325376 referring to GW7, but nothing on 6.5.x. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks as always. Len Bonk Network Analyst Community Unit School District 200 Len Bonk wrote: > 3325376 That bug was marked as "invalid". This is the explanaition from development about that particular bug: "This is working as designed. each time the client starts up it will process th...

A problem to send email using Smtp
I have a proble to send an email from asp.net I do the following code to send an email: MailMessage mail=new MailMessage(); mail.From="test@server.com"; mail.To="myemailaddress@server.com"; mail.BodyFormat=MailFormat.Html; mail.Subject="testing..."; mail.Body="cool"; SmtpMail.SmtpServer="localhost"; SmtpMail.Send(mail); But I dont' receive an email when I use this method. Why is that? How can I send an email? Thanks in advance! check and see if.. -your client-side code has no errors -you imported the S...

sending email attachments through the Bugzilla email interface
Does anyone know if you can send email attachments when you send an email to the Bugzilla email interface? I am able to send emails to my Bugzilla email interface, but the attachments I send don't show up in the attachments area of the bug. I know this is controlled by bug_email.pl, but I don't know where Bugzilla is outputing the logs from this script, so I can see where it's failing. I'm using Bugzilla v.2.16.1. If anyone has any clue on how to make this work, please let me know. Email me at ken.gerdes@cirrus.com. ...

Designer Email Templates fails to send Email
Hi Im using latest milestone build of Designer M51. The default notification template "Provisioning Notification.Default Notification Collection" is failing to send Emails. The log at UserApplication shows only this text: <b>"ERROR [NotificationThread] Notification email server username unspecified. Check edir setup."</b> Our SMTP server doest not authenticate users for outgoing mails. Is there any help that i can get of you guys?. Is there any Log in the user application portal that i can enable to see more information on it? Maqsood. ...

How to attach a file while sending an email
Hi I have a senario where I have an email button and online attachments to attach the files or document into the data base. So now on click of this email button I need to grab this attached file and send using DB mail.I know I can do that in asp.net mail system but I neeed to send email through db mail so is there any way I can get what the file is being attached and attach them to the DB mail to send it     Thanks, Sandeep Hi, Here are some information that you can refer to:- http://www.developer.com/net/asp/article.php/3287361 http://www.dotnetjohn.com/articles.aspx?art...

Sending an email with file attachment
Hi Guys,I've created a contact form using the following, but I'm not sure on how to make my file upload control attach a file to the email, i've read a few tutorials on it, but the ones i've tried I keep having problems with, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is the current code i'm using VB.NETSub doEmail(ByVal Source As Object, ByVal E As EventArgs) Dim sMsg As String sMsg += "Name : " & Name.Text & vbCrLf sMsg += "Address : " & Address.Text & vbCrLf sMsg += "Phone : &quo...

Compress a .csv file using GZipStream and send the zipped file as an attachment via email
Hi there,             I have a webform where the user enters parameters which then at the end generates a sql select query. I take that query, get the result and store that in a datatable. Then, i take the datatable and generates a .csv file. Now, when I just send that .csv file as an attachment via email, that gets sent fine and i can see all the data in that csv file. Sometimes, the csv files can be too big, so I was trying to compress the file and send a zipped file as an attachment. I found this GZipStream to convert to the zipped f...

Upload file and send email as attachement
I am trying to set up a web page so the visitor can upload a file and the file is then emailed to the webmaster. I have it working using the uploadfile object and system.net.mail Is there an easy way to email the file directly from the visitors computer to the webmaster so that the file is never saved on the server?   Thanks, Sam  There is no way to send an email attachment with out having the file located physically on the server, as the email code runs on the server.. You can simply delete the file after sending the email though..I am sure you do not need an...

How to send email with attachment files in Application.
Hi, One of the function in my application is to transfer files by email with attachment data-files. I don't know how to add those file to email. Plese help! ...

Send Email with HTML File (attached )
hi  friends i have generated dynamically HTML file  now i have to attach this html file then sending email Note : without saving html file without saving html i need send email with attached html how do i ? please any help really appreciate . urgent Vino  You can try    string html = "YOUR HTML"; System.Net.Mail.MailMessage mm = new System.Net.Mail.MailMessage(); System.IO.MemoryStream memStream = new System.IO.MemoryStream(); byte[] data = System.Text.Encoding.Unicode.GetBytes(html); memStr...

problems attaching files to send email
When using the online access account I can't attach files. Instead when I try to attach any file to send an email, the attachment fails to become attached. Benjamin, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com. -...

Web resources about - do-send-email, do-send-email-from-template attach a new file... - novell.id-manager.drivers