Best way to remove values

I have extended our schema to include sendmail objects and I'm linking them
to users via the loopback driver & several queries.  I've got the aliases
linked to the users & groups, but the problem I have now is when I a user
gets termed I want to remove the aliases or remove their entry on an alias
that might have multiple entries.  The catch being, I'd need to query &
search multiple attributes on the user as well as reformat the value it's
searching for.  For example:

User would have an alias link attribute:
\VAULT\system\aliases\exchange\john.smith
\VAULT\system\aliases\name\jsmith
\VAULT\system\aliases\generic\alerts
\VAULT\system\aliases\generic\helpdesk
\VAULT\system\aliases\pagers\page.john.smith
\VAULT\system\aliases\pagers\911

The Exchange alias isn't a problem since it's typically a 1:1 relationship,
but the others could have multiple users tied to it and I only want to
remove the one value for the user who's being termed.  The other catch
being, it might have created the link based on uniqueID, CN or mobile phone

Generic\alerts
--john.smith
--bob.smith
--dave.smith

pagers\page.john.smith
--5551234567@txt.att.com

pagers\911
--page.john.smith
--page.bob.smith

Sorry for the long question, but it's hard to give all the facts since this
is a complicated scenario.

Any help is much appreciated!!

JK

0
Joey
7/22/2010 9:34:55 AM
novell.id-manager.drivers 10360 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 09:34:55 +0000, Joey Kinney wrote:

> I have extended our schema to include sendmail objects and I'm linking
> them to users via the loopback driver & several queries.  I've got the
> aliases linked to the users & groups, but the problem I have now is when
> I a user gets termed I want to remove the aliases or remove their entry
> on an alias that might have multiple entries.

If you can add them successfully, then removing them is just an inversion
of the logic you're already using, isn't it?

> The Exchange alias isn't a problem since it's typically a 1:1
> relationship, but the others could have multiple users tied to it and I
> only want to remove the one value for the user who's being termed.

Find it, then remove-destination-attribute-value should remove it.

 David Gersic                                            dgersic_@_niu.edu
 Novell Knowledge Partner                         http://forums.novell.com

 Please post questions in the newsgroups.   No support provided via email.

0
David
7/22/2010 2:29:47 PM
The link that I have is to the DN of the object, not necessarily the values
of the object, which is what I need.  If it's just removing the alias,
that's not a problem but for the ones that have multiple values, I don't
want to delete the alias, just remove the termed users attribute value on
the alias and the catch to that being the match for the user to the alias
might have been made based on email, uniqueID, mobile number, etc.

Thanks for the feedback and keep the ideas flowing!!

JK

"David Gersic" <dgersic@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 09:34:55 +0000, Joey Kinney wrote:
>
>> I have extended our schema to include sendmail objects and I'm linking
>> them to users via the loopback driver & several queries.  I've got the
>> aliases linked to the users & groups, but the problem I have now is when
>> I a user gets termed I want to remove the aliases or remove their entry
>> on an alias that might have multiple entries.
>
> If you can add them successfully, then removing them is just an inversion
> of the logic you're already using, isn't it?
>

>> The Exchange alias isn't a problem since it's typically a 1:1
>> relationship, but the others could have multiple users tied to it and I
>> only want to remove the one value for the user who's being termed.
>
> Find it, then remove-destination-attribute-value should remove it.
>

> --
> David Gersic                                            dgersic_@_niu.edu
> Novell Knowledge Partner                         http://forums.novell.com
>
> Please post questions in the newsgroups.   No support provided via email.

0
Joey

ID-Provider Driver
Novell Identity Manager 3.6 Windows Server 2003 R2 eDirectoy 8.8. SP3 Hi I want to develop a ID-policy based on followin rules: Prefix-GivenName[1]Surname[1]-AutoIcremnetNumber And these policies will be consumed by ID-Client(Identity Manager). So long , I have created ID Provider-driver, and configured it to be run as a RMI server (without ID Generation-Map) and Without defining Attributes in the ID-provider driver Filter. And I have created a NULL driver with some policies which invokes id:getNextID() method to get a Unique ID for newly created users. But my...

Best ways to manage datawindows?
Hi, I am new to PB. Looking at best way or ways to manage datawindows. PB tutorial uses user events to insert, update & delete. The datawindow allows command buttons with actions to insert, update and delete. Are these actions commonly used. Seems not to be the case? I am considering building a separate window and datawindow for each table to be used. Appears to be time-consuming. Is this the usual method used? Are there better ways? Where to find them? Samples? All suggestions welcome. Thanks Ken Wagner St Croix Systems You are asking for a very ...

Best way to Remove Roles
I am at a site where roles are removed by clearing the source attribute nrfAssignedRoles. This is only the case for terminated users who are losing all their roles. I am questioning this. My reaction is that roles should be removed using a workflow or the remove role verb in a driver. Will clearing the attribute nrfAssignedRoles cause any problems? -- Peggy Townsend Novacoast ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 01/11/2011 11:36 AM, ptown wrote: > > I am at a site where roles are removed by clearing the source attribute...

Best way to remove Cedega
Hey all, I would like to know how to properly remove cedega application from my 64bit machine. It was a standalone trial install. I tried "zypper remove cedega" from terminal to no effect. Thanks Heeter -- 'HCCTECH.CA' (http://hcctech.ca) LINUX1: O-SUSE 11.0(32Bit), KDE3.5 AMD XP2600+, 2 x 1GIG DDR400, 160Gig PATA HD, XFX7950GT LINUX2: O-SUSE 11.0(64Bit), KDE3.5, AMD64X2 4400+, 4 x 1GIG DDR2(667), 36GIG RAPTOR HD, EVGA8600GT ------------------------------------------------------------------------ How did you install it? -- Linux 2.6.2...

Best way to configure driver -
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0058_01C535DB.A2AB4350 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Soooo... theres a few options nowadays, the HP Driver Configurator, iPrint Profiles, Printer Properties Pro, I = think id like to get PPP out of the picture, cause all that stuff is = done after the fact that the printer is installed... but anyone have an = opinion on the other two? --=20 #novell on efnet http://www.abend.org ------=_NextPart_000_0058_01C535DB.A2AB4350 Content-Type: t...

Best way to manage images
I wan to store image against every user and I need to know what the best approach to manage the images is.   1- File System Or 2- Database."Hope its your Solution so Mark it as Answer"Ahmad SheikhMicrosoft Valuable Geekhttp://sharpcontents.blogspot.com File system is always better from a caching perspective. But then you need to assure unique naming, something which you don't have to worry about in the database.I rarely use database for storing images. Unless I am building a CMS system or similar.If this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer. Tha...

removing attribute values -any driver
Hi all, Hope you may have found solution already. I needed to remove attribute values for some event using wild card in the attribute values. When a user's title changed.. then i need to remove attribute values from a multi-valued attribute. Example: When Title changed from manager: remove attribute's values that have "*manager*" value from a attribute name called "OrgEntitle" your time and response appreciated. On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 18:50:02 GMT, kvnsk@hotmail.com wrote: >Example: When Title changed from manager: > >remove attri...

Best ways to manage datawindows?
Hi, I am new to PB. Looking at best way or ways to manage datawindows. PB tutorial uses user events to insert, update & delete. The datawindow allows command buttons with actions to insert, update and delete. I am considering building a separate window and datawindow for each table to be used. Seems to be time-consuming. Is this the usual method used? Are there better ways? Where to find them? Samples? All suggestion welcome. Thanks Ken Wagner St Croix Systems There is more then one way handle DW in PowerBuilder... describe the task (final result) you ...

Best way to upgrade Drivers
What's the best way to install the latest version of the disk controller and NIC or LAN drivers? We have Netware 6.5 SP7 and we want to upgrade the drivers for our HP ML370 and DL380 G4. I have an HP CD-ROM showing than the version are newer than the ones I have on my network. Thank you. Hi, Ana wrote: > > What's the best way to install the latest version of the disk controller and > NIC or LAN drivers? We have Netware 6.5 SP7 and we want to upgrade the > drivers for our HP ML370 and DL380 G4. With HP servers, you donwload the latest HP Support ...

Best way to Manage State
Hi Everyone I have been reading up on Mangaing State and storing variables on cross page postbacks. I'm having a little trouble deciding on which is the best option for me. I have a set of data collection forms with about 50 variables on each (vary types of data collected from text boxes, radio buttons, strings, integers etc) and there are about 5 pages. There will only be a maximum of 5-10 concurrent users and there will be no need to share any data between the users. I need the data that has been entered in all 5 forms to be visible at all times. For example, if the person completes...

Best way to manage patches
I have a software package (Adobe CS2) that is deployed using a simple AO that just runs the setup.exe with the proper parameters to run silently as per Adobe's instructions. Adobe CS2 is really just a package of their regular apps such as photoshop, acrobat, etc. There are patches for these applications that need to be deployed after the application has installed. Is there a way to do this from within the Adobe CS2 AO or will this require additional AOs ? I would really like to have the program install and then the patches automatically install as soon as the suite has finished ...

Remove driver from NDPS Resource Manager
Saw the description how to do it (involving deletion of the cryptic ..zip files) but can not remember in full Any TID on it (that I could not find) Thanks Seb Seb, http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10020603.htm That�s all I can find. Joerg Remove ANY reference to the printer from SYS:\ndps\resdir\ENGLISH\PRNDRV\win2000\NDPSTOC.INI then delete the directories (and the files within) mentioned in removed lines ie.3D64B640 from "HP LaserJet 2200 Series PS"="PostScript","Hewlett-PackardHP_LaC27D&quo...

best way to generate a user id
I am working on a shopping cart and I wanted to know what is the best way to genereate a user id for registration puposes. I am using an access database? Leap and the net will appear --Anonymous Hello, why dont you use the email address as a user ID, is there any problem with that ? regards.Bilal Hadiar, MCP, MCTS, MCPD, MCTMicrosoft MVP - Telerik MVP I guess there isn't a problem with that. Is that a standard practice in shopping carts??? I only ask because I am trying to learn best practices as I go.Leap and the net will appear --Anonymous IMO you should *never* use an e...

Best way to remove folders tree.
Could anybody explain to me why not function MyRemoveDir(sDir: string): Boolean; var iIndex: Integer; SearchRec: TSearchRec; sFileName: string; begin Result := False; sDir := sDir + '\*.*'; iIndex := FindFirst(sDir, faAnyFile, SearchRec); showmessage('iIndex:='+inttostr(iIndex)); while iIndex = 0 do begin sFileName := ExtractFileDir(sDir) + '\' + SearchRec.Name; if SearchRec.Attr = faDirectory then begin if (SearchRec.Name <> '') and (SearchRec.Name <> '.') and...

Web resources about - Best way to remove values - novell.id-manager.drivers

ADL To Facebook: Remove Jewish Ritual Murder Page
... again found itself in the “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” conundrum caused by controversial subject matter , being pressured to remove ...

Platform Updates: New User Object fields, Edge.remove Event and More
New User Object fields, Edge.remove event, and more

Now Users Can Remove Contacts Automatically Saved by Facebook’s Friend Finder
Two weeks ago, many Facebook users began asking questions about curiously good recommendations suddenly appearing in Facebook’s “People You May ...

Mac App Store - Focus • Remove Distractions and Get More Done
Get Focus • Remove Distractions and Get More Done on the Mac App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Hockey ACT applies to remove concessional leases to build childcare centres
Planning Minister Mick Gentleman has given the green light to the application by Hockey ACT to deconcessionalise its leases in Lyneham and Tuggeranong ...

Tony Abbott warns Oxford University not to remove Cecil Rhodes statue
FORMER Prime Minister Tony Abbott has enraged students at Oxford University by warning the institution would “damage its standing” if it removed ...

Man plays saxophone during surgery to remove brain tumour
... Spanish doctors direct their patient, a saxophonist, to play a few bars of a jazz classic while he undergoes a 12-hour operation to remove a ...

New York Times Removes Reference to President Obama and Cable News
... (@NoahCRothman) December 18, 2015 The Times story was published Thursday, but by Friday morning, the reference to cable news was quietly removed, ...

A not-so-modest proposal to remove atmospheric carbon dioxide
Enlarge / You're gonna need more basalt than that. (credit: Winam ) "The sooner you start socking away part of your paycheck for retirement, ...

How to securely remove your personal data before getting rid of your Mac
It's risky to give away or recycle an old computer. It may fall into the wrong hands: those of a hacker. Follow these steps to encrypt and erase ...