Active Directory user home directory

Hi all.

I have a question, how to sync home directorires of users from Identity
Vault to Active Directory?

Into AD there are 2 LDAP attributes calleds homeDrive (the network drive
letter) and homeDirectory that is the network path used to map during user
login.

My doubt is about the eDirectory volume information. The volume will be not
sync to the AD because AD does not recognize this information, right? So,
how to sync? I was thinking about create 2 eDirectory attributes where I
can write theese informations.

What do you think about this?
Anyone can help me?

Best regards,
Alan Cota.
0
alan
2/8/2006 4:43:07 PM
novell.id-manager.drivers 10360 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Assuming you are synchronizing the one homeDirectory attribute across with
both the server and directory components (I think they're stored separately
in eDirectory as well, though I'm having too much fun to verify it to
bother with that check right now) and assuming you have worked out a
mapping that matches the server name and volume to a drive letter, and
assuming you have worked out rights to that CIFS volume (or however you're
doing it) so that all is well there once the driver is mapped, the last bit
of splitting the attribute into its constituent parts should be fairly simple.

servername\volume:sub\directories\go\here\username

Your exact syntax may vary but there's the pattern.  Chop it up with a
regular expression. Everything up to the colon is server/volume and the
rest is path.  Assuming you have the rest worked out that should be simple
enough.  You could synchronize one-way (eDir to AD) and just have it do
servername straight across (depending on your rules), strip out volume name
and use what you want to (you have that managed, we are assuming) and use
the path properly.  Replace after or before the colon.  In a regular
expression you could do something like the following

/(.+):(.+)/

$1 would be server/volume and $2 would be path.  Voila.  The rest will be
the hard part, in my opinion, but I don't use AD enough to know really.

Good luck.

> Hi all.
>
> I have a question, how to sync home directorires of users from Identity
> Vault to Active Directory?
>
> Into AD there are 2 LDAP attributes calleds homeDrive (the network drive
> letter) and homeDirectory that is the network path used to map during user
> login.
>
> My doubt is about the eDirectory volume information. The volume will be not
> sync to the AD because AD does not recognize this information, right? So,
> how to sync? I was thinking about create 2 eDirectory attributes where I
> can write theese informations.
>
> What do you think about this?
> Anyone can help me?
>
> Best regards,
> Alan Cota.

0
ab

Active Directory & SQL list of users with managers and managers with users
I have been tasked with some authentication/access items and know there is an easy way to do this within AD but don't know where to start.  What I have set up is a OU called Test Users within an OU called Sales within our main domain.  Within the OU=Test Users there are several security groups having as many as 100 or as little as one person in them.  The goup names are Manager, Regional Mgr, Sales Reps.  A Sales Rep can have a Regional Mgr and a Regional Mgr has a Manager.  There are some cases where a Sales Rep does not have a Regional Mgr and then is associate...

Is there a way to authenticate Active Directory users from multiple Active Directory Domains
Is there a way to authenticate Active Directory users from multiple Active Directory Domains in ASP.NET Application using C# or VB.NET?Suppose I have a LoginId "user1" from one of the three Active Directory Domains how can I authenticate it?I have two Active Directory domains. I can authenticate from the Active Directory Domain where my current system Account is logged in. But I can not authenticate from other Active Directory Domains. Actually I have 2 Active Directory domains in my LAN.Kamran ShahidSr. Software Engineer(MCP,MCAD.net,MCSD.net,MCTS,MCPD.net[web])Netprosys Inc.ww...

How to check the username with active directory and fetch the user details from the active directory?
I have a textbox with a submit button.When the admin types the username in the textbox and submits it has to check with active directory and fetch the firstname and last name of the user entered inthe textbox.How will i do this one.Code is appreciated. you will find lot of samples if you search for "ActiveDirectory using .NET" but here is a verysimple code and it works too:-) strLANID = "ADDomainName\user"           Dim dservices As New System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry        ...

Create Directory in Users Home Directory
Hello I was wondering if there was an easy way of creating a directory and coping a file to it in each users home directory, using the login script? Could I just run a batch file like this: @echo off dir F:\homedir\test\test.file 1>2> nul if errorlevel=1 goto test goto end :test mkdir f:\homedir\test xcopy f:\test\test.file f:\homedir\test goto end :end Or is there an easier way? Thanks Jtk, > Or is there an easier way? > ZEN for Desktops... But you can do it with a batch file. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (...

Creating a user directory other than home directory
Hey there, I have a two-fold problem. I have JRB utilities but I can not see how to make this work. We created a directory in the users home directory. We want to move all these directories out into another main directory and have the same file rights. Plus, when we add new users, we want this directory to be created automatically. Each teacher has a directory called GQWIN in their home directory. This is their gradebook. We want to move all of the teachers gradebooks into one central "Gradebook" directory, then their username, then the GQWIN directory. Curren...

Reading active directory user id for a user group
I need to write a function that accepts active directory user group and return all the users belong to that group. My function so far returns user fist name, last name and so on except userid. I am not sure how to retreive that.  Dim path As String = "LDAP://asd.dev.com"        Dim entry As DirectoryEntry = New DirectoryEntry(path)        Try            'Dim native As Object = entry.NativeObject             ...

Active Directory
Could somebody please point me in the right direction?  I'm attempting to make a website pulling information from active directory.  I am able to pull specific user information using VBS but am very lost as to how to port this type of stuff over to a website.  Could somebody please post some examples or websites showing how to display maybe just all users from AD? Thanks so much. ...

Reading active directory user id
I have a requirement to retreive all the active directory users when a specific user group isentered. And I have the following code that does that. But my problem is it retreives everything but the user id.How do I get only the user id? Please help.     Public Function GetADGroupUsers(ByVal groupName As String) As ArrayList         Dim result As SearchResult         Dim search As DirectorySearcher = New DirectorySearcher()        search.Filter = String.Format("(cn={0})",...

Get a User ID from Active Directory
Hello,  I have been searching through the forums and came across this code..  All i want to do is to find who is loggin when when the open my company's intranet.  Only problem is that we use a thin desktop client.  We do have windows login, but they might not be the person logging onto the intranet.  Since they have to log in to Citrix before then can access the intranet.  Can this code be edited for Citrix??  Rich 1    /// <summary>2    /// Gets the windows login for the currently logged in user in the client com...

Identity Manager Driver for Active Directory
Hi, we have configured the AD driver, what we need now is to make the subscription and publication from IDM 4.0 to Microsoft Active Directory, How can we achieve this? This image for reference here 'Venkizmet Peru SAC' (http://formsservices.webcindario.com/question9.html) thanks -- eden_silva ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 01/14/2011 04:06 PM, eden silva wrote: > > Hi, > > we have configured the AD driver, what we need now is to make the > subscription and publication from IDM 4.0 to Micr...

Automatically make directories in user's home directory
How can I do this? Basically I want the equivalent of /etc/skel on linux to happen on my netware box. Specifically what I am wanting is a Favorites folder and a Desktop folder made in their home directory so I can use folder redirection to point those portions of their profiles to there. I do not want to hand make these folders in every new user's home directory. Thanks! Adam I see that those mirectories are made automatically. Although I would still be interested to know if there is some way to do an equivalent to /etc/skel because I can see that being usefull. T...

Active Directory Driver Not Creating Users
Hi All I have a really weird problem here. My AD driver is setup to do a mirror sync of Edirectory one way. All changes to existing objects (passwords etc) are syncing perfectly but when a new user is created they never appear in AD. Here is the weird bit. When I look at the trace it looks like all has worked. The user gets an association and the trace says in bright green SUCCESS. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Magteq -- Magteq ------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----BEGIN PGP ...

Identity Manager Driver for Active Directory
hi, where I can download the driver for Identity Manager 4.0 for Active Directory? thanks -- eden_silva ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > where I can download the driver for Identity Manager 4.0 for Active > Directory? download.novell.com on the IDM 4 download page, and it is on the base DVD ISO. Try the identity-Manager.engine-drivers forum if you need more help, since this is the Novell Access Manager forum. thanks friend -- eden_silva ---------------------------------------------------------------...

Usering Active directory for role management
Greetings,Following some walkthroughs, I was able to get my login control to authenticate logins through Active Directory.   I am now trying to get it to also manage roles through active directory, and haven't been successful.I followed the walkthrough here:http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/paght000018.aspAfter doing that, I appear to have a working role management system.   I can add roles, and add active directory members to roles.   These roles are working fine with <allow> and <deny> tags etc.  ...

Web resources about - Active Directory user home directory - novell.id-manager.drivers

Wikipedia:Quick directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page is a handy directory to various locations of interest in Wikipedia. Only dynamic pages should be listed here, no policy pages etc. ...

Wikipedia:WikiProject Council/Directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Business Directory Listings: Eight Smart Tips for You to Get Started
If you are considering a business directory listing for your small business, congratulations – you are on the right track. Local SEO, local customers, ...

LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory
... continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "LinkedIn Lookup iOS app aims to replace your company’s awful intranet employee directory" ...

Atlas Partner Directory Launched
... just for Facebook and Instagram –advertising platform Atlas has one, as well. On that note, Atlas Tuesday introduced the Atlas Partner Directory ...

Slack announces App Directory store
... create more apps for the store, and a new framework called Botkit which should simplify the process of creating apps. The Slack App Directory, ...

The British Library’s ‘Save Our Sounds’ Program Creates Directory of UK Sound Collections
The long-feared deterioration of the world's sound collections is a coming to a head with the British Library's last-ditch initiative called ...

Researchers show how to steal Windows Active Directory credentials from the Internet
... showed at the Black Hat security conference. The attack, called an SMB relay, causes a Windows computer that's part of an Active Directory ...

Researchers find way to steal Windows Active Directory credentials from the Internet
The technique could enable attackers to attack Windows servers hosted in the cloud

Slack's App Directory proves it's more than just a chatroom
... are about to get a little easier to find and integrate within your team and over 160 of them live within the company's new Slack App Directory. ...