Have Groupwise 5.5 on Netware 5.1 going to Netware 6.5

HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to
6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade
going to cause a problem.  And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware
6.5 ?

thanks

Dave
0
dw
3/1/2004 3:53:57 PM
novell.groupwise.discontinued 4811 articles. 0 followers. Follow

HI,

dw@dymaxion.ca wrote:

> HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to
> 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade
> going to cause a problem.

MOst likely not, however...

> And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware
> 6.5 ?

Not officially. It will most likely work, but if you run into problems,
you're officially on your own, as GW5.5 is completely unsupported by
now, and especially so has never been tested on NW6.5. That said, I
strongly advice to update GW too.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Support Connection Sysop

Brian Simpson, The Grove Park Inn

Massimo Rosen wrote:

> HI,
>
> dw@dymaxion.ca wrote:
> >
> > HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to
> > 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade
> > going to cause a problem.
>
> MOst likely not, however...
>
> > And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware
> > 6.5 ?
>
> Not officially. It will most likely work, but if you run into problems,
> you're officially on your own, as GW5.5 is completely unsupported by
> now, and especially so has never been tested on NW6.5. That said, I
> strongly advice to update GW too.
>
> CU,
> --
> Massimo Rosen
> Novell Support Connection Sysop
> No emails please!
> http://www.cfc-it.de

0
Brian
3/3/2004 6:00:22 PM
--____UWLGUJXWEYFHGWYEZIVK____

Your best bet with web access is to delete the web access object, remove =
webaccess from your server, and install GW 6.5 WebAccess from scratch. =
That method worked well for me last weekend.
Ted

Ted Miller
Sr. Systems Engineer
Berean Business Services