GW5.5 MTA - Maximum number of inbound connections reached

Hi

We have a Primary MTA which constantly reaches its maximum number of
inbound connections ONLY when a particular secondary MTA and its post

office are open.  When this happens all email traffic through the
primary
MTA ceases.

We have rebuilt the Primary MTA database, Secondary MTA database and
post
office database with no effect.

We have also tried everything on TID10010967 except swapping out the
server memory.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Nigel

0
nigel
2/12/2003 12:49:34 PM
novell.groupwise.discontinued 4811 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Sounds like a comms problem to me. Might be worth looking at the TIDs

on TCP trouble shooting, specifically those on MTU size.

--
Barry Merchant
NSC Volunteer SysOp

0
Barry
2/13/2003 8:35:47 PM
Thanks, Barry.

We have been advised that MTU size is the same on both servers and
routers.

However we discovered around 3,000 files in the folder <secondary
dom>\MSLOCAL\MSHOLD\<primary dom>\5.

Since renaming this MSLOCAL folder and letting the MTA create a new
one,
things have been back to normal.

Still not convinced the problem has gone for good, though.

Thanks again.

Nigel

> Sounds like a comms problem to me. Might be worth looking at the
TIDs
> on TCP trouble shooting, specifically those on MTU size.
>

> --
> Barry Merchant
> NSC Volunteer SysOp
> *** no email unless requested please!! ***

0
nigel
2/14/2003 12:25:53 PM
Well those are status messages, ir read, deleted etc, coming back.
Maybe a bad message in the front of the queue held the rest up. Try
dragging them all back apart from the oldest.

--
Barry Merchant
NSC Volunteer SysOp
*** no email unless requested please!! ***

0
Barry
2/14/2003 7:03:51 PM
Well those are status messages, ir read, deleted etc, coming back.
Maybe a bad message in the front of the queue held the rest up. Try
dragging them all back apart from the oldest.

--
Barry Merchant
NSC Volunteer SysOp
*** no email unless requested please!! ***

0
Barry

Groupwise 5.5 client connectivity with Groupwise 7 server?
Anyone know if a Groupwise 5.5 client can connect with a Groupwise 7 server? Thanks Yeah it should work fine. It may keep asking you if you want to update the client though. That can be disabled in a config file though -- Dave Wiseman, ...The One And Only...:cool: Sydney, NSW, Australia ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dwiseman2's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=14607 View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=342193 Any idea which config file that is? Thanks! "dwiseman2&q...

GroupWise 5.5.5 PO & MTA
Is there any reason (aside from inherant stability issues) not to run the POA & MTA on a Windoze 2000 server? We need to move from the existing mail server and the best (read cheapest) option is to move to a W2K box that will also run the backup software for our MS network. What steps would be involved, the old server would be removed from the tree so I can steal the IP address if that would make it any better. -- Blinky Bill I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it. Speed will be about half. Keep in mind you still need the eDirectory installed on the Win2K server...

Connecting 5.5 PO to 6.5 MTA
Ok, I have completely confused myself and don't even know which way is up. Here is what I am trying to accomplish: EXISTING SYSTEM - Netware 5.1 tree - GW 5.5 - At main office MTA, GWIA, WebAccess, and one POA installed on single server - There are two remote office, at each there is one POA installed on local server connecting back to MTA at main office NEW SYSTEM - Netware 6.5 tree - GW 6.5 - Groupwise configuration will be exactly the same. Ok, so I am running a test environment to simulate this before I actually do it. What I need to figure out how to do is connect a ...

How to access your GW5.5 archive without connecting to a GW5.5 Post Office
Hi All, I had a TID for this subject regarding accessing my archive without connecting to a GW server. Can anyone point me to this TID? Thanks in advance.. Sorry, but you must have been mistaken Access to an archive does req. access to either online GW, or cache or remote -- Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen IT Quality A/S Denmark Novell Support Forums SYSOP Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB Cesar Esteban wrote: > Hi All, > ...

GroupWise 5.5.5 PO & MTA #2
Is there any reason (aside from inherant stability issues) not to run the POA & MTA on a Windoze 2000 server? We need to move from the existing mail server and the best (read cheapest) option is to move to a W2K box that will also run the backup software for our MS network. What steps would be involved, the old server would be removed from the tree so I can steal the IP address if that would make it any better. -- Blinky Bill I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it. ...

Groupwise 5.5.5 MTA loading error 0xD11D
When starting GRPWISE.NCF folowing error occurs: GWMTA: DIS: Domain database open failed: 0xD11D and MTA is unloaded. I've checked the configuration files and the error occurs after an ABEND on the server in another application (Faxserve 5). Groupwise 5.5.5 Netware 5.1 SP7 Anyone got any ideas how to connect to the database? Thnx >Anyone got any ideas how to connect to the database?< restart the server to clear the recovered abend condition. Suzanne Miles Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection http://support.novell.com/forums/ ...

GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5

GroupWise 5.5.5 client to GroupWise 6.5 System?
Will a GroupWise 5.5.5 client attach to a GroupWise 6.5 server okay for a temporary period of time? IT Staff will need time to update all of the clients manually. Want to make sure there will be no immediate loss of function after we upgrade GroupWise 5.5.5 to 6.5... THANKS! should be ok order of upgrade pri domain other domains/post offices clients gateways -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Nov...

Groupwise 5.5 inbound emails
When reply from an outside source sends in an email, the body of the email does not have any information typed in. Seems as if the entire email just returned to the user without text in it. Although when speaking with the person at the other end that sent a reply to a reply, states that text should be there. Seems as if the email was stripped before it showed up on our side. Can anyone offer us some assistance? Catalano, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has you...

Upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5
Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. Thanks Eric There is some reasonable documentation on how to do an upgrade at www.novell.com/documentation/lg/gw65 If you want the best and most comprehensive guide to how to upgrade and what might go wrong I would get the Upgrade guide from www.caledonia.net Tim On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:36:04 GMT, xeemxais@hotmail.com wrote: >Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise >6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. > >Th...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 migration
I have a bit of problem and not sure which way I should tackle this one. I have 2 x Netware 4.11 servers, which will be upgraded to Netware 6.5 and one of these servers have Groupwise 5.5 which will be upgraded to Groupwise 6.5. The one server is being used for Groupwise archiving and currently setup for UNC for archiving, i.e. p:\\ab_hp, on this server I was planning on using the migration wizard as this server also holds the user data. On the 2nd server which Groupwise is running and the clients are configured for tcp/ip connectivity to the groupwise system. This server onl...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade
I am preparing for a Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade and am asking if there are any recommended procedures or best practices I should be following. I have not been able to find much information on 5.5 to 6.5 upgrades. Any input would be appreciated. Thank-you. --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This may be purest voodoo, but the only problems I have encountered are = those of the databases not updating to the latest version after the = install. If you have your post -office set to clie...

Migrate Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5
I wonder if someone has migrated Groupwise 5.5 to 6.5? The server runs today Groupwise 5.5 without sp. --Patrik Hi Patrik, >I wonder if someone has migrated Groupwise 5.5 to 6.5? If that's the only question you have, the answer is yes. ;-) If you want to know more, take a look at THE gw upgrade guide for all other answers: http://www.caledonia.net/update65.html regards -Frank Korpershoek- :Korpershoek Networking: :tel +31 15 2130034:mob +31 6 55730822:fax +31 15 2124278: ...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 #3
I have two Servers,Data(Primary) and Groupwise. Data Server was Migrated to NSBS 6.5 from Netware 5.0. Groupwise server is Netware 5.0 with Groupwise 5.5. What would be the best course to Upgrade Groupwise server to NSBS 6.5 and then Upgrade Groupwise to 6.5? I know I can not upgrade to NSBS 6.5 from Netware 5.0 and I wish to keep Groupwise Data intact. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks Leo Admin, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been ...

GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5 #2
I currently am using GroupWise 5.5e on a Novell 4.11 server . I want to go to GroupWise 6.5 on a Windows 2000 Server computer but I can not find any thing that tells me how to move or migrate the database.. Has anyone done this.. It's pretty much just a case of copying the domain and PO directories to Windows, running the Windows agent installs and changing paths in ConsoleOne - UNLESS you have external document storage locations for DMS -that needs some extra help. -- Danita Zanre Novell Volunteer Sysop www.caledonia.net/iris.html > It's pretty much just a cas...

Web resources about - GW5.5 MTA - Maximum number of inbound connections reached - novell.groupwise.discontinued

The Direct Connection

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...

CNN: Investigators Find ISIS Connection In San Bernardino Shooting
As the San Bernardino attack was happening, the female shooter, Tashfeen Malik posted on Facebook, pledging allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr ...

Connection And Collaboration In the Cloud
Forbes technology editor Bruce Upbin deconstructs the cloud and maps its potential to your life.

Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack
Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack

Get ready for live-streamed extreme sports: Seattle startup Sioeye adds 4G connection to action cam
The history of people doing crazy stunts on camera is full of notable achievements. Motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel jumped over whatever he ...