groupwise 5.5 gwia out - gwia in issue #2

I've tested out 2 different e-mail clients our .bat one and outlook
express. i think our GWIA-Out is having a problem sending mail using
those clients.
Could there be something in the way it processes the mail that is coming
from an e-mail client that is not groupwise 5.5 mail client?

regards,

anthony
0
amoralezz
3/11/2004 9:28:55 PM
novell.groupwise.discontinued 4811 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Naw, but it's nearly impossible to safely set up 5.x in a way you don't
expose yourself for spam relay...

--
Michael J. Bell
Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)

PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!

All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless
specifically identified as such.

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

"You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"

Johnny Cash (RIP)

<amoralezz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've tested out 2 different e-mail clients our .bat one and outlook
> express. i think our GWIA-Out is having a problem sending mail using
> those clients.
> Could there be something in the way it processes the mail that is coming
> from an e-mail client that is not groupwise 5.5 mail client?
>
> regards,
>
> anthony

0
Michael

GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5 #2
I currently am using GroupWise 5.5e on a Novell 4.11 server . I want to go to GroupWise 6.5 on a Windows 2000 Server computer but I can not find any thing that tells me how to move or migrate the database.. Has anyone done this.. It's pretty much just a case of copying the domain and PO directories to Windows, running the Windows agent installs and changing paths in ConsoleOne - UNLESS you have external document storage locations for DMS -that needs some extra help. -- Danita Zanre Novell Volunteer Sysop www.caledonia.net/iris.html > It's pretty much just a cas...

Trying to migrate from Groupwise 5.2 to Groupwise 5.5
Dear all, My name is Pablo Vazquez. I am trying to migrate my client�s Groupwise 5.2 system to Groupwise 5.5 (thing that I have done a lot of times in different clients) but the domain database is so corrupt that I cannot migrate even when I have rebuilt the base. As they do not have any good backup of the wpdomain.db I think that my only chance to migrate is to install the Groupwise 5.5 system on the same NDS Tree, make the Groupwise 5.2 and 5.5 coexist and then start moving users from Groupwise 5.2 to Groupwise 5.5. The questiona are : Is that solution possible ? Could ...

GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5

Groupwise 5.5.5 showing X-Mailer 5.5.2
Hi, I applied Groupwise SP5 patch to Groupwise and its still listing the x- Mailer as 5.5.2. This is a problem because some organizations blacklist you if you don't have a fully patched Groupwise. Has anyone figured out the solution for this problem without reapplying the patch? Thanks, Mark Hahn Are you certain everything was patched? -- Danita Zanr� Novell Support Connection Sysop Planning a GW6.5 Upgrade? You need the GroupWise 6.5 Upgrade Guide http://www.caledonia.net/update65.html You didn't patch it correctly then. Definitely. Copy ...

GroupWise 5.5.5 client to GroupWise 6.5 System?
Will a GroupWise 5.5.5 client attach to a GroupWise 6.5 server okay for a temporary period of time? IT Staff will need time to update all of the clients manually. Want to make sure there will be no immediate loss of function after we upgrade GroupWise 5.5.5 to 6.5... THANKS! should be ok order of upgrade pri domain other domains/post offices clients gateways -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Nov...

GroupWise 5.5 to Exchange 5.5 Migration Issues
We are in the process of migrating from GW5.5 to Exchange 2003 (not my choice but it's my job to do the mailbox migrations). In the interim I have to migrate several mailboxes from GW to Exchange 5.5. We already have the GroupWise connector/API Gateway in place which syncs the address books etc. We also have a dedicated 'migration' pc where we use the exchange server migration wizard. Yesterday I migrated 2 mailboxes which seemed to go ok. The problem is it doesn't seem to have 'translated' the addresses of the messages that were migrated. Those message...

how to upgrade GroupWise 5.2 on Netware 4.11SB to GroupWise 6.5 on Netware6.5
Can anyone here tell me how to upgrade GroupWise 5.2 on Netware 4.11SB to GroupWise 6.5 on Netware6.5? Thanks. It's not too difficult, but probably too much for here. Take a look at the e-guide at www.valedonia.net. -- Barry Merchant NSC Volunteer SysOp *** no email unless requested please!! *** Or even www.caledonia.net Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ That one too I suppose<g>. Thanks:-) -- Barry Merchant NSC Volunteer SysOp *** no email unless reques...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 #3
I have two Servers,Data(Primary) and Groupwise. Data Server was Migrated to NSBS 6.5 from Netware 5.0. Groupwise server is Netware 5.0 with Groupwise 5.5. What would be the best course to Upgrade Groupwise server to NSBS 6.5 and then Upgrade Groupwise to 6.5? I know I can not upgrade to NSBS 6.5 from Netware 5.0 and I wish to keep Groupwise Data intact. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks Leo Admin, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been ...

Upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5
Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. Thanks Eric There is some reasonable documentation on how to do an upgrade at www.novell.com/documentation/lg/gw65 If you want the best and most comprehensive guide to how to upgrade and what might go wrong I would get the Upgrade guide from www.caledonia.net Tim On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:36:04 GMT, xeemxais@hotmail.com wrote: >Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise >6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. > >Th...

Migrate Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5
I wonder if someone has migrated Groupwise 5.5 to 6.5? The server runs today Groupwise 5.5 without sp. --Patrik Hi Patrik, >I wonder if someone has migrated Groupwise 5.5 to 6.5? If that's the only question you have, the answer is yes. ;-) If you want to know more, take a look at THE gw upgrade guide for all other answers: http://www.caledonia.net/update65.html regards -Frank Korpershoek- :Korpershoek Networking: :tel +31 15 2130034:mob +31 6 55730822:fax +31 15 2124278: ...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade
I am preparing for a Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade and am asking if there are any recommended procedures or best practices I should be following. I have not been able to find much information on 5.5 to 6.5 upgrades. Any input would be appreciated. Thank-you. --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This may be purest voodoo, but the only problems I have encountered are = those of the databases not updating to the latest version after the = install. If you have your post -office set to clie...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 migration
I have a bit of problem and not sure which way I should tackle this one. I have 2 x Netware 4.11 servers, which will be upgraded to Netware 6.5 and one of these servers have Groupwise 5.5 which will be upgraded to Groupwise 6.5. The one server is being used for Groupwise archiving and currently setup for UNC for archiving, i.e. p:\\ab_hp, on this server I was planning on using the migration wizard as this server also holds the user data. On the 2nd server which Groupwise is running and the clients are configured for tcp/ip connectivity to the groupwise system. This server onl...

GroupWise 6.5 WebAccess and GroupWise 5.5
Greetings, We are in the middle of upgrading our GroupWise from 5.5 to 6.5.1. The old version of the Webaccess will not access 6.5 databases so we have two versions on Webaccess installed on two different servers (one is a 4.11 and the new one is 5.1). 1. Is it possible to make the new version of Webaccess work with the 5.5 databases? I know it looks like you should be able to do this but has anyone actually done it? 2. Also could you run the Webaccess twice on the same server, one to access the 6.5 POAs and one for 5.5, if you use a different port? 3. If this will w...

groupwise 5.5 server groupwise 5.5 client multipule mails
i have a user that is getting the same e-mail from a cient she has. she's getting socres of the same e-mail. i made her logout of groupwise. i also see other mail disappear as this multipule e-mails come in. anyway i can stop this. this client's e-mail address is legit. I don't want her mailbox to crash please help regards, harry Harryste, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following opti...

Groupwise 5.5.5 client #2
when we run the Groupwise 5.5.5 client on a Windows XP Pro box, does the Groupwise client put anyting in the Documents and Settings directory of the computer, besides the links to the Notify.exe and to Grpwise.exe? Michael Gallo (e-mail address munged to confuse automatic address trawling) (remove the []) The Raymond Group O, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our...

Web resources about - groupwise 5.5 gwia out - gwia in issue #2 - novell.groupwise.discontinued

GroupWise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GroupWise is a messaging and collaboration platform from Novell that supports email , calendaring , personal information management , instant ...

BlackBerry Enterprise IM Clients (OCS, Sametime, GroupWise) Get v2.5 Update
Most of RIM's enterprise-specific BlackBerry instant messaging and collaboration clients have been updated to version 2.5, adding credence to ...

Los Angeles goes Google; dumps GroupWise; shuns Microsoft; ignores IBM
The City of Los Angeles has had it with GroupWise, and will replace it with Google Apps. It's a big win for la GOOG, especially as it beat Microsoft ...

Collaboration: Novell Releases GroupWise 2014
Novell has put the finishing touches on GroupWise 2014, marking the first time the company has updated the collaboration platform since 2012. ...

Novell GroupWise goes mobile with iPhone support
The company’s new mobile solution will work with any ActiveSync-enabled device Novell's messaging and collaboration platform, GroupWise, has ...

No One Cares That Novell Has A New Version of GroupWise
Today Novell released its 2012 version of its email software GroupWise , and the announcement was greeted by most with a big yawn. GroupWise? ...

Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook
Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook is a professional tool for the migration of GroupWise mailboxes to MS Outlook. Many GroupWise...

App Store - DejaOffice
Get DejaOffice on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Email - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electronic mail , commonly known as email or e-mail , is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. Modern ...

SBS looks to Cloud services - cloud computing, email, GroupWise, Klaus Schelp, Microsoft Office 365 ...
When Klaus Schelp started at SBS at the beginning of this year he focused on business outcomes ahead of technology operations. As the head of ...