error sending internet email GroupWise 5.2

GWIA has issues sending internet email. Outgoing messages build up in the
GWIA\Send & GWIA\Defer directories. Shutting down the GWIA, renaming the
Send & Defer directories, then restarting the GWIA will solve the problem
for a time. After a few days the same problem reappears...
0
johna
3/1/2004 8:33:18 PM
novell.groupwise.discontinued 4811 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Johna,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in the "free product support" drop down box.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

Unfortunately your product is no longer officially supported by Novell.  If all else fails, you may want to consider an upgrade (http://www.novell.com/products)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

Unable to send internet email in Groupwise 6.5 on 4.2 SB server
Sirs: I upgrade to Groupwise 6.5 SP1 on a SB 4.2 SP9 server. It is set up to replace OUTLOOK. Groupwise is not the MX server. All incoming email is from the internet provider's email server. Email can be received fine in Groupwise. But a 450 error in GWIA at the server console when sending to outside Internet email addresses. After hours in knowledge base I am more lost then when I started. I know I am missing something but can't remember what it is. I figure the problem is routes or resolv.cfg file or something like that... When I load PING.nlm at the server I...

GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5 #2
I currently am using GroupWise 5.5e on a Novell 4.11 server . I want to go to GroupWise 6.5 on a Windows 2000 Server computer but I can not find any thing that tells me how to move or migrate the database.. Has anyone done this.. It's pretty much just a case of copying the domain and PO directories to Windows, running the Windows agent installs and changing paths in ConsoleOne - UNLESS you have external document storage locations for DMS -that needs some extra help. -- Danita Zanre Novell Volunteer Sysop www.caledonia.net/iris.html > It's pretty much just a cas...

Trying to migrate from Groupwise 5.2 to Groupwise 5.5
Dear all, My name is Pablo Vazquez. I am trying to migrate my client�s Groupwise 5.2 system to Groupwise 5.5 (thing that I have done a lot of times in different clients) but the domain database is so corrupt that I cannot migrate even when I have rebuilt the base. As they do not have any good backup of the wpdomain.db I think that my only chance to migrate is to install the Groupwise 5.5 system on the same NDS Tree, make the Groupwise 5.2 and 5.5 coexist and then start moving users from Groupwise 5.2 to Groupwise 5.5. The questiona are : Is that solution possible ? Could ...

groupwise 5.2 error sending mail
user is trying ot sent mail to info@newbornnews.biz, after clicking the send botton she get the error "Some addresses are undeliverable and have been crossed out. Would you like to go to address book to resolve them?" I added .biz to addressing rules but it still does not work. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance! Tomasz make sure the new rule is enabled at the domain level too. -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a vo...

Problem Sending Email to a GroupWise 5.2 server
Ok. We have a AS400. When it is configured to use our GroupWise 5.2.6 email server as a relay. Making DNS requests on port 80. We get email on the GroupWise system and at external emails ending in .com but not at .net addresses. When we change the as400 to make its DNS requests on port 53 (as it should) we get email at .com and .net external email addresses but we do not get email on the GroupWise system. Even if we still point the AS400 to the Guinevere server for a relay it doesn't show up. Guinevere never gets an email to archive. There is no message in the GroupWise logs...

how to upgrade GroupWise 5.2 on Netware 4.11SB to GroupWise 6.5 on Netware6.5
Can anyone here tell me how to upgrade GroupWise 5.2 on Netware 4.11SB to GroupWise 6.5 on Netware6.5? Thanks. It's not too difficult, but probably too much for here. Take a look at the e-guide at www.valedonia.net. -- Barry Merchant NSC Volunteer SysOp *** no email unless requested please!! *** Or even www.caledonia.net Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ That one too I suppose<g>. Thanks:-) -- Barry Merchant NSC Volunteer SysOp *** no email unless reques...

Restoring Groupwise 6.5.2 backup on NW 6.5.2. TSAFS error
Hello - backing up a GW 6.5.2 cluster with Syncsort backup Express 2.1.5D. We're using the GWTSA. Backup runs fine. Restore is not going as well though. I have created a cluster resource called "restore" and am trying to make this our restore area.. except when I try to restore files here, the TSAFS yells at me (via the BEX logs) that I am trying to restore to an invalid path.. BEX support is confident that the data backed up and that BEX is trying to send the data, but TSAFS is not cooperating. So I own it.. There is a TID #10094692 which refers an issue like this to NW6...

forwarding emails groupwise 5.5 #2
we want to stop our user from forwarding mails for our company domain to there external accts yahoo, msn, aol etc. how does one go abuot that on Groupwise 5.5 if at all? regards jasmin Jasmin, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http:...

Groupwise 5.5 and delayed sending of email
Hello all, I have a client who I saw in her sent items folder that she sent out the email on the 4th of this month. She had one person outside of our organization and everyone else in the email were internal. What I saw is that the email was sent out right away to the person outside of our organization - but for everyone else (internal staff) - the email didn't get sent out til the 14th of this month. Client did not use the delay of sending email feature - so I'm stumped here. After seeing this issue - I've decided to upgrade her to GroupWise 7 and having the...

GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5

Adding a GroupWise 6.5 domain in a 5.2 GroupWise System
Hello, We are using GW5.2.6 on Nw 4.2 (Ds 6.21). We have 3 servers/ 2 domains and 2 PO on 2 servers, 1 GWIA on the last server. We are not using Document Management. Is it possible : 1/ Setup a new 5.2 domain on a new server in the actual GW 5.2 system. 2/ Convert it to Primary domain. 3/ Create une new PO in 5.2 version in this domain. 4/ Move some users from others PO to the new one in 5.2 version. 5/ Migrate the Primary domain to 6.5.2 version (with all the needed modifications). 6/ Migrate the new PO to 6.5.2. version (with all the needed modifications). 7/ Install the n...

Groupwise 5.5.2 email export capability
Is it possible to export Groupwise 5.5.2 email? If so what format can the email be exported into? Also is it possible to export contacts? -- kmigration ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Nativly..... ABooks are exported into NAB files, which are CSV files Mails are exported into GW Archives.... Please state your purpose first, so we can help you better -- Tommy Mikkelsen IT Quality A/S, Denmark Novell Support Forums SYSOP / NKP Sorry, but no support through email Please join http://www.open-horizons.net My custo...

GroupWise 5.5.5 client to GroupWise 6.5 System?
Will a GroupWise 5.5.5 client attach to a GroupWise 6.5 server okay for a temporary period of time? IT Staff will need time to update all of the clients manually. Want to make sure there will be no immediate loss of function after we upgrade GroupWise 5.5.5 to 6.5... THANKS! should be ok order of upgrade pri domain other domains/post offices clients gateways -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Nov...

Unable to send email to hotmail (using Groupwise 5.5)
Hello, I'm not sure if I'm even in the right forum, but here goes...maybe someone may be able to help and redirect me to a proper resource. It was brought to my attention that we are unable to send email from our Groupwise 5.5 email systems to any hotmail accounts. However hotmail is able to be recieved. I've tracked the attempted sent email and it doesnt actually tell me if its delivered or not. Where can I go to rectify this problem? My level of expertise with Novell and Groupwise is limited as I'm in a new position. Thanks for your time If your...

Web resources about - error sending internet email GroupWise 5.2 - novell.groupwise.discontinued

GroupWise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GroupWise is a messaging and collaboration platform from Novell that supports email , calendaring , personal information management , instant ...

BlackBerry Enterprise IM Clients (OCS, Sametime, GroupWise) Get v2.5 Update
Most of RIM's enterprise-specific BlackBerry instant messaging and collaboration clients have been updated to version 2.5, adding credence to ...

Los Angeles goes Google; dumps GroupWise; shuns Microsoft; ignores IBM
The City of Los Angeles has had it with GroupWise, and will replace it with Google Apps. It's a big win for la GOOG, especially as it beat Microsoft ...

Collaboration: Novell Releases GroupWise 2014
Novell has put the finishing touches on GroupWise 2014, marking the first time the company has updated the collaboration platform since 2012. ...

Novell GroupWise goes mobile with iPhone support
The company’s new mobile solution will work with any ActiveSync-enabled device Novell's messaging and collaboration platform, GroupWise, has ...

No One Cares That Novell Has A New Version of GroupWise
Today Novell released its 2012 version of its email software GroupWise , and the announcement was greeted by most with a big yawn. GroupWise? ...

Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook
Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook is a professional tool for the migration of GroupWise mailboxes to MS Outlook. Many GroupWise...

App Store - DejaOffice
Get DejaOffice on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Email - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electronic mail , commonly known as email or e-mail , is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. Modern ...

SBS looks to Cloud services - cloud computing, email, GroupWise, Klaus Schelp, Microsoft Office 365 ...
When Klaus Schelp started at SBS at the beginning of this year he focused on business outcomes ahead of technology operations. As the head of ...