uninstall gw7 client while cached, install new GW8 client

Are there any gotchas if you uninstall the GW7 client for a user that is
caching, and then install the GW8.0.1 client?

After reading many of the forum posts, I got the impression that we
would have fewer issues with the GW 8.0.1 client if we uninstalled the
GW 7 client first.  We have a Zen deployment that uninstalls the GW7
client, reboots the machine, and then when the user logs back in, the
GW8.0.1 client is distributed to the default path.  So far so good.  But
all of my "upgrades"  so far have been for users in online mode.  I have
a handful of users that are in caching mode, and they are heavy mail
users.  I don't want to cause them, or myself, any headaches.

Would it make sense to put these caching users into online mode before
uninstalling the GW7 client?

Thanks in advanse.
-Corey

--
ctaarch

ctaarch
12/18/2009 3:56:02 PM
novell.groupwise.8x.clients 2659 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I have had done both upgrade with keeping user in caching mode and putting
online first, deleting the caching mailbox and then after the upgrade
recreate the caching mailbox.

The only issue I had was with a user that was updating across WAN and he
disconnected himself in the middle and corrupted his caching mailbox (along
with more than that)

The install takes a long time no matter what.  So...if the caching mailbox
is not problematic before hand, I have had zero issues.

<ctaarch.43edbb@no-mx.forums.novell.com>,
ctaarch<ctaarch@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

> Are there any gotchas if you uninstall the GW7 client for a user that is
> caching, and then install the GW8.0.1 client?
>
> After reading many of the forum posts, I got the impression that we
> would have fewer issues with the GW 8.0.1 client if we uninstalled the
> GW 7 client first.  We have a Zen deployment that uninstalls the GW7
> client, reboots the machine, and then when the user logs back in, the
> GW8.0.1 client is distributed to the default path.  So far so good.  But
> all of my "upgrades"  so far have been for users in online mode.  I have
> a handful of users that are in caching mode, and they are heavy mail
> users.  I don't want to cause them, or myself, any headaches.
>
> Would it make sense to put these caching users into online mode before
> uninstalling the GW7 client?
>
> Thanks in advanse.
> -Corey
0
Jenny
12/18/2009 4:22:14 PM
Were those standard software upgrades, or did you uninstall the previous
client first, and then install the new client?

Part of my concern is the fact that the new version 8 client installs
to a different default path.  It installs to c:\program
files\novell\groupwise,  instead of c:\novell\groupwise.

--
ctaarch

ctaarch

Web resources about - uninstall gw7 client while cached, install new GW8 client - novell.groupwise.8x.clients

Developers See Surge of Negative Reviews with New App Uninstall Flow
... made a small but significant tweak to the way applications are reviewed: now, Facebook is prompting users to review applications in the uninstall ...

Why you should uninstall Adobe Flash Player
Comment: Security holes, major or minor, pop up in Flash all the time. Adobe should finally retire it for good.

Microsoft tells Windows 10 users to uninstall Office
Microsoft today took the unusual step of telling users running Windows 10's Technical Preview to uninstall Office before applying one of December's ...

Microsoft urges customers to uninstall 'Blue Screen of Death' update
Microsoft is quietly recommending that customers uninstall one of last week's security updates after users reported that it crippled their computers ...

VIDEO: John McAfee teaches you how to uninstall Antivirus
... salts’ and taking his clothes off Antivirus software pioneer and mentalist John McAfee has released a new YouTube video entitled ‘How To Uninstall ...

Apple releases new Java update, uninstalls Apple-provided Java applet plug-ins
... improved security, reliability, and compatibility for Java SE 6″. The update is available in the Mac App Store. Of note, the updates “uninstalls ...

AppJolt Releases Solution for Monetizing App Uninstalls
... and create additional revenue opportunities, has announced the release of its new SDK, which allows Android developers to monetize their uninstall ...

Uninstall Real Player NOW
What a piece of crap that software is. It just took over my computer tonight. Ate up 100% of my processor, all on its won, without warning. I ...

New Android apps worth downloading: Uninstall Master (Uninstaller), avast! Mobile Backup, Re-Mission ...
Take care of your Android device with a great pair of apps leading today’s Apps Worth Downloading column. Up first is Uninstall Master, which ...

Diving into M: Launcher lets you uninstall from homescreen, lockscreen gets minor change too
... happened through the app drawer, but no longer. Now dragging on icons on the home screen gives you the option of simply removing them or uninstalling ...