GW8 Linux Client - very slow font size change

Enlarging the font size (+) in the GW8 LC (Linux Client) works so slow
that it looks that the client hangs a minute or so afterwords.

Can GW8 LC fontsizes and it's whole window be customized through
preference settings somewhere?

--
terjejh

terjejh
3/7/2009 1:46:01 PM
novell.groupwise.8x.clients 2659 articles. 0 followers. Follow

terjejh,

correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

Slow login into Windows GroupWise Client without Netware Client installed
Hi, Customers GroupWise version is GroupWise 7.02HP1a with GroupWise 702 Agent Hot Patch 2 Rev 1 SP2 installed on a Netware 6.5 SP6 Server. The users don't have access to the Netware filesystem (no Netware cient, cifs or anything else). The login needs nearly a minute after entering the login credentials. I tried to remove the sdd - same problem. Although I know GroupWise 7 supports a restore area without direct file access I removed the postoffice from the member list of the restore area - same problem. Maybe I have to reboot the poa after doing that? I cross-checked wi...

GroupWise Clients mailbox size wont change
I am running GW 7.02 and have an employees mailbox that I wanted to increase in size. So I increased the size and sychronized. 2 days later his mailbox size has not changed. So I ran GWcheck against the whole Post Office with the option of check user space. Still nothing. I just recently raised another employees mailbox size with no problems. What could be the problem with this persons mailbox? Just wondering, Ken@rlmrlm.com -- RLMILLIES ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tried GWCheck reset client options ? Cheers Dave...

Linux client not supporting Font Resolution Changes
Hi All On SLED, I can adjust the overall Font resolution, rather than the individual fonts. (this seems to be the preferred/recommended way to make the dialogs/ windows visable. Im not talking about the message content, but the font size used for menus, folder contents etc. The Groupwise 8 client does not seem to take any notice of this parameter. Is there a way to activate it ? Thanks in advance Mark Casey Mark, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has yo...

How to set font size to all Groupwise Client application
I am not talking about change a particulary email text font size which is simply. I wondering if there is a way to set font size to all groupwise client. In my case i have user that think that the default font of the Groupwise 6.5 client is to small and the only way that we found to grow it is changing the monitor resolution. Any suggestions ? Thanks a lot. nb@nospam.com wrote in news:5x1wd.2575$Ei5.2104@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com: > Any suggestions ? Groupwise integrates in the Windows scheme, so changing whatever Windows uses will change the default Groupwise font....

Changing Font size of the web page on client side
 Hi, i am desigining a website with senior citizens as prospects. so i want to make my site more accessible to them.as a part of this i want to facilitate changing of the text appearance to the end users on a click event. could anyone put on the right direction of achieving this. Take a look at the feature in this site :           http://www.wrd.state.or.us/it has three image buttons on the top A+, A-, and A...each one has a on click method. i would like to replicate this property.  can anyone one guide on this issue.thanks a lot in advance. ...

Groupwise Client 6.5.6 and Font Size
After installing GroupWise Client 6.5.6, the font size is very small when printing. Any help would be appreciated :) Lisa, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "...

Default font in GroupWise 6.5.1 Client for Linux
How can I change the default font in the Linux client? Jbigelow, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxes. - You could also ...

default font size in html view in GW6.5.4 Linux client
Hi all, Is there a way to increase the default font size in html view (read or create) in the Groupwise 6.5.4 client for Linux? Anytime I look at an html message in html view (either using quickviewer or 'open'), the font is unreadably tiny. And I can't find anywhere to set the default font size for the message body. I'm using NLD and KDE. Jim, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the ...

Client login slow on 7 client
In the last few days, we have experienced slow login to Groupwise using th 7.0 client. The web access works fine and 6.5 clients seem to login fine. It is only the 7.0 client. We installed SP1 for the client and it did not reslove the problem. The server had not changed and the poa/mta etc had not changed. Disk space on the server is fine. It can take up to 6 minutes for the client to login. We are on a LAN that is all local. subnet does not matter (same subnet as the mail server or different). Systems are running XP and 2000. Server has been restarted. Do you have a r...

linux client interface same as windows client
Can anybody tell me when de interface of de Groupwise client for linux gets the same interface as the Groupwise client for Windows? Thanx. Michael michael@wilmsen.demon.nl wrote: > Can anybody tell me when de interface of de Groupwise client for linux gets > the same interface as the Groupwise client for Windows? To my knowledge there are no plans to bring the XPlat client look-and-feel up to par with the Win32 client. Of course, I don't know what's actually happening internal to Novell. -- Jim NSC SYsop technically speaking, this probably won't ha...

Linux Client Fonts
Is there a way to change the default font type or size in the linux client? I changed the system fonts in Kcontrol but that didn't seem to have any effect on the groupwise fonts. Thanks Dennis, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at ...

Linux GroupWise client
I've just begun using the GroupWise Linux client 6.5.7 and find it is missing some of the functionality of the Windows client. Is there a more capable client available? -- whitek ------------------------------------------------------------------------ whitek wrote: > I've just begun using the GroupWise Linux client 6.5.7 and find it is > missing some of the functionality of the Windows client. Is there a > more capable client available? > > Yes, the GW 7 client has more. But you have to run GW 7 POAs. That's not free. GW 8 has even mo...

Linux Groupwise Client
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We are running Groupwise 6.5 SP2 on a Netware server. We have some linux = clients installed so the Linux guys can connect. They mentioned that in = the Groupwise Linux Client that there is no Spell Checker. Does anyone = know where I can find the GW Linux Client with Spell checking ability or = when they will come out with one. Thanks Cynthia Nakagawa EDFUND Network Administrator 916-526-8262 Excellence~Commitment~Integrity~Teamwork --____LPHMX...

Linux Client
Hello, Just in the process of switching my main computer to Linux, and as such I'm starting to use the Linuc GroupWise client. Am I missing the place to change an e-mail to an appointment? Or is GroupWise? This was a task I did a lot in Windows, and really hope I just haven't found how to do it in the Linux client. -- ----------------------------------------------------------------- Timothy M. Musa Community Consolidated School District 93 Carol Stream, IL http://www.ccsd93.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------- Tim, no, it i...

Web resources about - GW8 Linux Client - very slow font size change - novell.groupwise.8x.clients

MUD client - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A MUD client is a computer application used to connect to a MUD , a type of multiplayer online game . Generally, a MUD client is a very basic ...

3Q Digital Offers Peek At 3Q Facebook Ad Performance By Its Largest Clients
With Facebook set to report its third-quarter earnings Wednesday , digital marketing agency 3Q Digital offered some insight on how the social ...

Gallop Labs hires former Facebook Client Partner as Director of Sales
Gallop Labs , a social marketing and analytics firm, announced that it has hired former Facebook Client Partner Andrew Peebles as the company’s ...

Sydney builder Bill Issa convicted of attacking clients who complained about his work
... to fix up rundown family homes and transform them into something flashy and new. "It will feel like a new home," he promised one client. "It ...

Client’s “Great Thanksgiving Listen” Campaign Featured on Google Homepage
We love when our clients are successful, and StoryCorps and their amazing Thanksgiving Listen campaign being featured on Google’s homepage certainly ...

In Search Of Client Portals: Rocket Matter
Technology columnist Sean Doherty continues his search for client portals in practice management software-as-a-service offerings, this time checking ...

Agencies Should Follow Clients' Lead on Diversity
A few weeks ago, PepsiCo's Brad Jakeman called out advertising agencies for not evolving with the times. Most important, he criticized them for ...

Dropbox is shutting down Mailbox, the popular email client
Dropbox acquired Mailbox, the extremely popular email client, way back in 2013, and unfortunately it's now time to say goodbye. That's right, ...

Guggenheim Securities' clients - Business Insider Deutschland
The 16-year-old firm has been an adviser on 5 massive transactions in what has been one of the busiest years for mergers and acquisitions on ...

Lawyer defends cop who shot teen 16 times, says client feared for life
The lawyer for the Chicago police officer who fatally shot 17-year-old Laquan McDonald defended his client Friday, saying the officer feared ...