user in limbo - user id not found

Hello:  I moved a user from one PO to another but something went wrong
during the move.  Now the user cannot login to her groupwise account
getting an error "User ID "her id" not found".  I have tried syncing
her account with nds.  I have also tried launching the client with the
/u and /ph options to force the client to look in the correct database.

I am now thinking it just might be easier to just delete her account
and create a new one.  The user has agreed to this altough it would be
an inconvience.

I have never lost one datum in GW and would like to keep my record
clean.  Can you help me out???

Thanks in advance, Chris.

-- 

0
Chris
3/20/2006 12:58:05 PM
novell.groupwise.7x.install 6353 articles. 0 followers. Follow

6 Replies
477 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 8

Chris Mosentine wrote:

 
> I have never lost one datum in GW and would like to keep my record
> clean.  Can you help me out???

Launch C1 | Tools| GroupWise System Operations | User move status.

What does that say ? Highlight the user in that window and try doing a
restart of the move.


-- 
Cheers,
Edward
0
Edward
3/20/2006 1:56:12 PM
Edward van der Maas wrote:

> 
> Launch C1 | Tools| GroupWise System Operations | User move status.
> 
> What does that say ? Highlight the user in that window and try doing a
> restart of the move.

Ed:  Can't seem to find the User move status command.????

-- 

0
Chris
3/20/2006 4:27:49 PM
Its under Tools > GroupWise Utilities
-- 



Chris Mosentine wrote:

> Edward van der Maas wrote:
> 
> > 
> > Launch C1 | Tools| GroupWise System Operations | User move status.
> > 
> > What does that say ? Highlight the user in that window and try
> > doing a restart of the move.
> 
> Ed:  Can't seem to find the User move status command.????
0
Joe
3/20/2006 5:56:01 PM
Chris Mosentine wrote:

> Ed:  Can't seem to find the User move status command.????

Sorry, was wrong with where it was. See Joe's reply.

-- 
Cheers,
Edward
0
Edward
3/21/2006 6:11:07 PM
Edward van der Maas wrote:

> Chris Mosentine wrote:
> 
> > Ed:  Can't seem to find the User move status command.????
> 
> Sorry, was wrong with where it was. See Joe's reply.

It would have helped if I wasn't using version 6.x snapins.  Sorry for
the bother, definitely a lack of brain power on this end.

Chris.

-- 

0
Chris
3/23/2006 3:17:38 PM
Chris Mosentine wrote:

> It would have helped if I wasn't using version 6.x snapins.  Sorry for
> the bother, definitely a lack of brain power on this end.

<bg>
It's ok, thanks for the feedback.

-- 
Cheers,
Edward
0
Edward
3/23/2006 5:53:47 PM
Reply: