TSAFSGW - Fixed with gw701ahp2 hot fix???

NW 6.5 sp4.... upgraded this weekend from Groupwise 7.0 to Groupwise
7.01. Running Backup Exec 10d and now getting the following error
backing up the Groupwise on Backup Exec:
e0009442 - Novell NetWare SMS errors were encountered
I see that the Novell hot patch gw701ahp2 is supposed to fix this. I
also see that people have just rev'd back TSAFSGW.NLM to the 7.0
version.
Which is best to do and does the "hot patch" fix this???

--
dwheaton
0

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 19:59:11 +0000, dwheaton wrote:

> NW 6.5 sp4.... upgraded this weekend from Groupwise 7.0 to Groupwise 7.01.
> Running Backup Exec 10d and now getting the following error backing up the
> Groupwise on Backup Exec: e0009442 - Novell NetWare SMS errors were
> encountered I see that the Novell hot patch gw701ahp2 is supposed to fix
> this. I also see that people have just rev'd back TSAFSGW.NLM to the 7.0
> version.
> Which is best to do and does the "hot patch" fix this???

I haven't tried the hot patch version, but using the version of
TSAFSGW.NLM from 7.0 while everything else is 7.0.1 works just fine.  This
was recommened by Symantec following the release of SP1, not sure if
they've tested the hot patch (probably not).  They also recommended using
the version of SMDR.NLM from TSAUP18.

Joe
0
Joseph

GroupWise error! GroupWise is not correctly installed.
This message appers after new installation on Win2000 client laptop. Novell 6.5 and GroupWise 6.5.4 is running on the server. -------------------------------------------------------------------- GroupWise error! GroupWise is not correctly installed. GroupWise-components can�t initz.. Run GroupWise intall or contact your admin. OK -------------------------------------------------------------------- Tryed to install again but no good. Tryed to delete some client registry and it works ONCE. After restart of GroupWise the same message appers. Also tryed to clean out all of the registry a...

Feeling HOT HOT HOT
Remember that popular calypso that made it into some American movies? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGBXhDZXTqY Well the Calypsonian that wrote it, Arrow, has died. Apropos for today's climate shift. To make you feel better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztgn_ZQc6B0&feature=related MH ...

Groupwise install
Keith, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxes. - You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in...

Groupwise Installation
Hi, I have one question, can we install groupwise on windows or Linux without eDirectory and install the eDirectory on a separate server. Thanks & Regards -- arfhan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ arfhan, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all the ...

GroupWise install
Hello, I'm a new adminstrator in a small company after many years of retirement. I'd like to install and test GroupWise. After some looking, I can't seem to find GW on 3.5" floppy. If the latest version is not available on floppy, I can still do my tests version 6.x. Thanks in advance. Floppy? If you want to down load a trial version of GroupWise you need to go to http://download.novell.com This will allow you to download 2 ISO images that you can burn onto a pair of CDs These you can use to install a GW system on a NW or a Windows server. Have a goo...

Groupwise installation
I recently installed groupwise but for some reason i cannot log into it using the imanager. I dont know whats wrong. Also if you could give me a link that shows step by step on how to install the groupwise i would apprieciate it. Adrian 1. GW doesn't use iManager yet. 2. Step by step? www.novell.com/documentation -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee! All opinions and advice provided are...

install a server at a remote site or just install the groupwise client
I am going to have a few users (5 to 10) at site that will be remote from our current site. I am proposing that they still keep using our groupwise email and am wondering if I should have them access their email via the regular groupwise client attaching to the groupwise server from a remote site or if I should set up a secondary domain and postoffice on that site and have it communicate with the primary domain accross the internet via ip. I am anticipating that there will be a DSL line or a cable modem line for the remote site to access the internet. We have some remote use...

To install or not to install?

Installation of Groupwise
We are a small firm of 11 users (mostly remote) and are planning to install Groupwise 7 with Netware 6.5 most recent service release. We are using an outside vendor to install it. They estimated that it would take 100 hours to do the job. This includes installing GWAVA AND WASP. I have nothing by which to measure whether their estimate of hours it will take seems reasonable or not. I would appreciate any feedback as to what your experience has been. I assume that this is a small biz setup from scratch. Installing the server afresh with all the twists etc. and unpacking...

Install Groupwise
Having terrible trouble installing Groupwise. I use it at work on a network and download it for use at home. This was quite successful with Win98 but I upgraded to XP to make it happier. Since then every time I attempt download the setup is unable to install properly and I end up with no Address Book, no ability to reply to messages and some kind of conflict with Outlook which wants to be the default mail handler. Now I have an incomplete download installed which I cannot uninstall due to a corrupt .dll file vital for uninstallation. What to do? Honestly? Rebuild the machine from s...

How hot is too hot?
My system is over 5 and a half years old so I don't have any paperwork for it. I built it myself. I checked the temperature in the BIOS and it said 38 for the system, 40 for the CPU (Celsius) Not sure what the difference is between the system temp and the CPU temp, but my real question is: what's the range of acceptable temperatures for a single-core Athlon 2200+ (1.5 ghz) system? middletree wrote: > My system is over 5 and a half years old so I don't have any paperwork for > it. I built it myself. I checked the temperature in the BIOS and it said 38 &g...

groupwise 6.5 windows client the views for your installation are not installed c
HI, I try to use the same Windows GW 6.5 client to connect to 2 PO in the same system. The client work fine with the first PO on port 1677 but I receive the error message below with the second: The views for your installation are not installed correctly Can you help me please ? Thanks in advance. Regards, Stany. Stany wrote: > HI, > > I try to use the same Windows GW 6.5 client to connect to 2 PO in the > same system. > > The client work fine with the first PO on port 1677 but I receive the > error message below with the second: >...

silent install groupwise client with multiple languages ignores default and fails to install two languages
Hi, I made a silent distro of the gw 7.0.3 client. I enabled the english, dutch, german and french languages and set the english to default. After distributing only english and dutch are installed and the dutch language is put to default. How to modify the distribution to force to change to the english default and much more important (because of grammar & spelling checking), how do I get the german and french language installed? regards, John Will help a little, if you tell us how you install the clients ;-) Setup.exe with Setup.cfg ? SetupIP ? GroupWise.msi ? ...

Unable to set GroupWise timestamp for user database USERxxx.DB 0x8209 / SMDR / TSAFSGW / Groupwise 7 SP2 / Backup Exec 9.20.1401
Hello group. I have a Netware 6.5 SP6 running with Backup Exec 9.20.1401 and Groupwise 7 SP2. I am using TSAFSGW for backup of the groupwise system, but getting following warning: R##Novell SMS errors were encountered. ##ERR##Begin Novell SMS errors: ##ERR##Tue Aug 28 22:15:03 2007 ##ERR##Warning: Unable to set GroupWise timestamp for user database USER2VY.DB. ##ERR## ##ERR##Error code: 0x8209. I have tried SMDR.NLM dated 16th november 2005 with TSAFSGW.NLM dated 13th july 2006. Another installation with GW 7 SP1 is running successfully with SMDR.NLM dated 17th may 20...

Groupwise 7 Install
We will be pushing the GW 7.0.1 client to user workstations (XP) using a Microsoft SMS package push. With the military and the fed govt, I would say 99% are using Exchange/Outlook with the exception of us and I hear it everyday from users. Outlook 2003 is installed on many machines (don't know which ones) and some have groupwise 6.5 also. Users configure both pop/smtp and the connector method using Outlook to connect to groupwise. Some people just hate groupwise because they don't have access to the DOD global catalog using GW. If we push the GW7 client on machines...