Move users from GW6.5 System to New GW 7 Sytem on new server

We have a Tree (CBM) with a GW 6.0 System,1 Domain, 1 Po.
We hace set a new server with a new NDs Tree (MU) and have loaded a fresh
copy of GW 7 with a newsystem name (cbmmail) and 1 Domain and 1 PO.
What is the best way of imorting the Gw 6.0 users and resources into the
new system. I haven't been able to find any reference for this.

office
12/30/2005 2:46:30 PM
novell.groupwise.7x.install 6353 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Merge the two systems and then move the users.   You would have been
much MUCH better off just upgrading the system you had.

The best way of all is to stop GW.  copy the domain and PO structures
to the new server, and then do an in-place upgrade at that location.
Very easy and simple.

If you need a complete cook book on this get the book from
www.caledonia.net

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 14:46:30 GMT, office@appliedcomputersllc.com
wrote:

>We have a Tree (CBM) with a GW 6.0 System,1 Domain, 1 Po.
>We hace set a new server with a new NDs Tree (MU) and have loaded a fresh
>copy of GW 7 with a newsystem name (cbmmail) and 1 Domain and 1 PO.
>What is the best way of imorting the Gw 6.0 users and resources into the
>new system. I haven't been able to find any reference for this.
>Thanks

Tim
___________________
Tim Heywood (SYSOP)
NDS8
Scotland
(God's Country)
www.nds8.co.uk
___________________

In theory, practice and theory are the same
In Practice, they are different
0
Tim
12/31/2005 12:06:02 PM
office@appliedcomputersllc.com wrote:

> We have a Tree (CBM) with a GW 6.0 System,1 Domain, 1 Po.
> We hace set a new server with a new NDs Tree (MU) and have loaded a
> fresh copy of GW 7 with a newsystem name (cbmmail) and 1 Domain and 1
> PO.  What is the best way of imorting the Gw 6.0 users and resources
> into the new system. I haven't been able to find any reference for
> this.  Thanks

Go with Tim's suggestion. Loose the new system, move the old one to the
new tree and graft it. Then upgrade it to 7. Lots easier.

--
Cheers,
Edward

> Merge the two systems and then move the users.   You would have been
> much MUCH better off just upgrading the system you had.
>
> The best way of all is to stop GW.  copy the domain and PO structures
> to the new server, and then do an in-place upgrade at that location.
> Very easy and simple.
>
> If you need a complete cook book on this get the book from
> www.caledonia.net
>

> On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 14:46:30 GMT, office@appliedcomputersllc.com
> wrote:
>
> >We have a Tree (CBM) with a GW 6.0 System,1 Domain, 1 Po.
> >We hace set a new server with a new NDs Tree (MU) and have loaded a fresh
> >copy of GW 7 with a newsystem name (cbmmail) and 1 Domain and 1 PO.
> >What is the best way of imorting the Gw 6.0 users and resources into the
> >new system. I haven't been able to find any reference for this.
> >Thanks
> >
> Tim
> ___________________
> Tim Heywood (SYSOP)
> NDS8
> Scotland
> (God's Country)
> www.nds8.co.uk
> ___________________
>
> In theory, practice and theory are the same
> In Practice, they are different

0
office

Move GW 6.5 users to new GW 7 server
I currently have an incident open with Novell, but I'd like to get a second opinion. We have encountered problems moving users from our GW 6.5.4 server (running on NW 6) to our GW 7 server (running on OES Linux, one node of a two-node cluster). At some point in the move process the Primary (GW 7) domain corrupts and we have to do a Recover, Rebuild, or Replace Primary with Secondary (we have a Secondary GW 7 domain, thank goodness! That's one lesson that was pounded into my head at the GW Advisor conference) to fix it. Novell support jumped me through some hoops and has no...

Move USERS to NEW Groupwise System (new Tree/Server)
Hello, I'm currently running a GW6.0sp3 on NW4.11sp9 on a low end hardware. I have new hardware on which I have installed GW6.5sp2 on NW6.5SP2. Both servers have different tree,server,context names and Groupwise system name. How to move users? TID's have explained between move to different domains, po's, nds tree but not Groupwise System. Please help me. Thanks Kris You can't. Not without TREMENDOUS work. Don't do this unless you have a good reason. Just UPGRADE the copy of the gw system and graft into the new tree. -- Michael J. Bell Nov...

Move 5.5 to 6.5 , new server, new tree, new everything
Hi, Running GW 5.5.5 on NW 5.1, single PO and Domain, about 108 users. I have read all the posts in here going back a few months regarding the upgrade/migration/graft of 5.5 to 6.5, one thing I did not come across though was the problem of having a new Tree/IP address and such, during the process. Is this possible? I already have the new tree setup ( 2 servers clustered) running NW6.5 if I follow the procedures mentioned beforehand about moving the directory structure from 5.5 to 6.5 and then startup 6.5 to upgrade the .db's to 6.5 will this also allow me to do any PO na...

moving gw5.5.5 from old server to gw6.5 new server
We have a new SBS6.5 server with GW6.5 installed. Would like to know the procedure to get the data, address books, etc from the old server into the new servers system. Thanks Jon This new server in the same tree as the existing setup ? If so, delete the GW system you've installed so far on the new server, move the old GW directories across, reinstall the 5.5 agents, and get the system working, then do an inplace upgrade to GW6.5 Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ Why would you reinstall the 5.5 age...

Copy gw 5.5 data to a new edirectory server (new tree, and gw 6.5)
I was told to move a GroupWise data base to a new edirectory environment. All I had to do is copy the data DOMAIN and PO from the old server to the new server, and then merge and graph Three quick QUESTIONS ? 1. Does the edirectory structure have to be exactly the same as the old? (tree name, container names, etc..) 2. Do I have to have all the groupwise users all ready into the regular nds tree, before i merge and graph? 3. Is there a good TID or TIDS someone can recommend to perform this job .. Not sure on how to graph... > 1. Does the edirectory structur...

Upgrade to GW 7 on a new server from GW 6.5 on an old server
Hello, I would like to upgrade my GW6.5 to GW7. The old (current) box has NetWare 6.0 sp5 and is running GW 6.5.2. I am hoping to setup a new server with NetWare 6.5 sp7 and install GW 7 on it and transfer over all of the mailboxes. The webaccess will be upgraded as well. What is the best/recommended way to do this? Is it possible to keep the old server live, transfer over mailboxes, disable gw on the old server, enable it on the new sever, and transfer over the mailboxes again adding in any messages that were missed after the first transfer? Thanks! -- singhvecon...

Move Groupwise Postoffice to New Server (GW 6.5)
What is the best way to move the Groupwise Postoffice to a new server? Running GW6.5 on Netware sbs6.0, purchased new hardware and will install Netware 6.5 on it. Would prefer not to do a server migration if possible, tried that in the past and right at the point the migration was copying over the nds information, it had problems and failed and left a new server with no nds and an old server with a fried nds (fortunately I did a backup prior) but I would rather not go that route again and just see if we can do a copy over to the new server and graft using console one. What steps are ...

Moving Groupwise to a new system with a new Groupwise domain name
Hi, I am in the process of moving an existing GW system to a new Groupwise server. The client did not like the existing GW domain name so a new one has been created on the new server. The server name, IP address and GW domain will have different names. I have created the new GW domain in a new context (both old and new are in the same tree) with the MTA and POA and everything comes up on the new server. I have configured link configuration on each server to see each other. One problem I have is that either MTA sees the other domain as closed. I think I just need to change the I...

Moving 5.5 system to new server
I believeI understand the posts and TIDs explaining moving a 5.5 post office to a new server in the same tree by copying the necessary files and basically changing the needed references on the original server to simply point to the address/location of the new server. If I am correct this process leaves the actual groupwise program files (nlms etc) on the original server and Groupwise is actually still running on the original server and simpy pointing to the new location of the data. If this is true how much more work is it to get groupwise loading and running from the new server s...

Moving Groupwise 5.5 to new server
I'm in the process of doing a migration from Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 using the migration wizard to new hardware that will be running Netware 6.5. The new server will have the same server name and ip address as the old system. My question is, I'll be copying the groupwise system to a new volume name, from the existing server. And I noticed on the Novell support section it said to use consoleone, but consoleone isn't used on a Groupwise 5.5 system. Do I simply install consoleone with the groupwise admin files then change the volume name in consoleone or do I u...

Moving users from existing 6.X to new Groupwise 7 system
What's the easiest way to move users from an existing system to a new 7.X system in the same tree? GrandmasterChump wrote: > What's the easiest way to move users from an existing system to a new > 7.X system in the same tree? You can't move users across systems. All you can do is archive everything. Create a new user, use the FID editor on the archive to match the new FID and unarchive everything. -- Cheers, Edward So, with a thousand acounts, it would be problematic, to say the least, to do this in this manner, right? If you are creating the new GW7 ...

Upgrading GW 6 to GW 6.5 in new server and new tree
What is the best way to upgrade GW6 to GW6.5 to a new server in a new tree? Move GW6 to the new server, get it working, then do the GW upgrade See TID 10062848, be careful if there are any libraries involved Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ > Move GW6 to the new server, get it working, then do the GW upgrade > > See TID 10062848, be careful if there are any libraries involved > > Cheers Dave > > > -- > > Dave Parkes [NSCS] > Occasionally resident at http://support-...

How to move GW 5.5 to new server different tree.
I am migrating a NW 5.0 server to NW 5.1 manually. The NW 5.0 server is running GW 5.5, only about 15 users. What is the most efficient way to move/recreate the old GW 5.5 to the new server while preserving the old mail boxes, calendars, etc? 1.. This GW 5.5 server has connectors to two other GW 5.5 servers through a vpn connection to the branch offices. 2.. Each branch office has it's own tree and GW 5.5 server. 3.. The GWIA is located at a remote site. 4.. I am creating a new new tree for the new NW 5.1 server, as the old NW 5.0 server is being retired. ...

Move Groupwise 5.5 database to new identical server.
Dear friends, We have a corrupt NDS in our internal production server here! Lots of problems we cannot place and solve 123. We have decided to install a fresh clean server and create the NDS from scratch. Same configuration as the old server just installed by hand. We do not want to restore anything from the old NDS. Now I'm at the point that I have a standard fresh and clean server that is identical to the old one. Everything is working well. Even the clean Groupwise is ok! Now I have to get the old Groupwise database running on the new server. Is there a way of doing th...

Web resources about - Move users from GW6.5 System to New GW 7 Sytem on new server - novell.groupwise.7x.install

List of areas in the United States National Park System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The National Park System of the United States is the collection of physical properties owned or administered by the National Park Service . This ...

Turnbull government unveils new five-tier terror alert system
Australia has a new five-tier terror alert system but the actual threat of an attack on home soil has not changed, the government said on Thursday. ...

Apple invents active shutter system to protect iPhones from liquid, contaminants
An Apple patent application published Thursday details methods of implementing a powered shutter system that automatically blocks access to speaker, ...

Ars System Guide November 2015: Bargain Box
(credit: Illustration by Aurich Lawson) Since the early 2000s , the Ars System Guides have been helping DIYers to become system-building tweakmeisters. ...

ENTERPRISE HARDWARE VCE Taps Cisco ACI for New Vblock System, More Secure Data ...
CIO Today ENTERPRISE HARDWARE VCE Taps Cisco ACI for New Vblock System, More Secure Data ... CIO Today The next evolution of VCE's Vblock ...

Crown Estate Launches Interactive Map Of UK’s Offshore Wind System
One of the UK’s largest property owners, the Crown Estate, has launched an interactive map of the country’s offshore wind system. The interactive ...

Lenovo patches serious flaws in PC system update tool
... issues have forced Lenovo to update one of the tools preloaded on its PCs. Last week, the company released version 5.07.0019 of Lenovo System ...

Jeremy Clarkson shows off Amazon’s drone delivery system
It’s been a hot minute or two since Amazon last released any information about its proposed drone-based delivery system, Amazon Prime Air, which ...

IRS’s Outdated Fraud Prevention System Could Cost Taxpayers Millions
'The EFDS is vulnerable to structural failure and potentially the inability to detect up to $1.

Cisco Systems Sees Large Decrease in Short Interest
Cisco Systems Sees Large Decrease in Short Interest (CSCO) Dakota Financial News Cisco Systems logo Cisco Systems (NASDAQ:CSCO) was the recipient ...