thank you!
0
april
11/3/2009 4:03:40 PM
novell.groupwise.7x.install 6353 articles. 0 followers. Follow

april <april@123.com> wrote:
> Can one domain have two gwia installed?
>
> Please advise!
>
> thank you!

Yes - that's not a problem at all.

--
Danita - www.caledonia.net/gwmove.html
0
Danita Zanrè wrote:
> april <april@123.com> wrote:
>> Can one domain have two gwia installed?
>>
>> Please advise!
>>
>> thank you!
>
> Yes - that's not a problem at all.

Thanks a lot!
Then after I configured the alternate gwia through gwia software
installation, I can no longer start the first one. It seems the
alternate one overwrites the first one.

Please advise!

0
april
11/3/2009 4:35:58 PM
april <april@123.com> wrote:
> Danita Zanrè wrote:
> > april <april@123.com> wrote:
> >> Can one domain have two gwia installed?
> >>
> >> Please advise!
> >>
> >> thank you!
> >
> > Yes - that's not a problem at all.
> >

> Thanks a lot!
> Then after I configured the alternate gwia through gwia software
> installation, I can no longer start the first one. It seems the
> alternate one overwrites the first one.
>
> Please advise!

Well of course you can't really run them on the same server!  And they
have to have different names and directories of course.

--
Danita - www.caledonia.net/gwmove.html
0
UTF
11/3/2009 4:41:31 PM
Danita Zanrè wrote:
> april <april@123.com> wrote:
>> Danita Zanrè wrote:

>>> Yes - that's not a problem at all.
>>>
>> Thanks a lot!
>> Then after I configured the alternate gwia through gwia software
>> installation, I can no longer start the first one. It seems the
>> alternate one overwrites the first one.
>>
>> Please advise!
>
> Well of course you can't really run them on the same server!  And they
> have to have different names and directories of course.

Thank you again for your response.

We are running GroupWise 8.0.1 on Linux server and only have one domain
and one post office. We would like to set up alternate gwia to just
handle imap connection. I am trying to set it up in the test network. I
configured it by giving a different name like gwia2. I do not remember
that I have an option where I want to put gwia2 during the
configuration. It only ask you to specify the GW domain directory and
name the GWIA subdirectory. After configuration, it creates gwia2
directory at domain\wpgate. But I can no longer start the first gwia.
What happened? I did specify Message transfer port at properties of
gwia\GroupWise\network address. Shall I have to give a different message
transfer port when configuring alternate gwia (or I say gwia2)?

Please advise! Thanks a lot!
0
april
11/3/2009 5:07:06 PM
Are you trying to do this on on server?  While it's probably not
impossible to do so (few things are absolutely impossible), it is not
supported that I'm aware of, and certainly not recommended. Other than
separating out the logs, there is little benefit to having a separate
gwia on the same server for imap.

That said though, you need to turn off smtp on the second gwia and you
must have separate mtp ports defined for each gwia. In fact, if I were
to attempt this I'd make the mtp port 0 on both of them, turning off
this functionality.

Also, I would load both Gwias in testing with the GUI to better see
what's happening - so:

/opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin/gwia --show @gwia.cfg &

opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin/gwia --show @gwia2.cfg &

This will allow you to better see what the conflict is.

All that said, I'd still put them on separate servers.

--
Danita - www.caledonia.net/gwmove.html
0
UTF
11/3/2009 5:24:14 PM
april wrote:

> We are running GroupWise 8.0.1 on Linux server and only have one
> domain and one post office. We would like to set up alternate gwia to
> just handle imap connection. I am trying to set it up in the test
> network. I configured it by giving a different name like gwia2.

Whats the point if it runs on the same server to have a seperate GWIA
for it ? It still uses the same resources. I could understand if you
want to run it on a seperate server

--
Cheers,
Edward
Edward van der Maas wrote:
> april wrote:
>

>> We are running GroupWise 8.0.1 on Linux server and only have one
>> domain and one post office. We would like to set up alternate gwia to
>> just handle imap connection. I am trying to set it up in the test
>> network. I configured it by giving a different name like gwia2.
>
> Whats the point if it runs on the same server to have a seperate GWIA
> for it ? It still uses the same resources. I could understand if you
> want to run it on a seperate server

For security reason. We want to set up alternate gwia only to handle
imap connection. We are trying to make iphone working with GroupWise
email through imap.

When I tried to install gwia on a separate server or the same server and
gave the name as gwia2, gwia2 never show up in ConsoleOne. Therefore,
when I want to enable alternate gwia at properties of
doman>GroupWise>Internet Addressing, gwia2 does not show up as available
at Alternate Internet agent for outbound smtp/mime messages.

Please advise! Thank you very much.
0
april
11/4/2009 6:00:17 PM
Him

april wrote:

> Edward van der Maas wrote:
> >
> > Whats the point if it runs on the same server to have a seperate GWIA
> > for it ? It still uses the same resources. I could understand if you
> > want to run it on a seperate server
> >

> For security reason. We want to set up alternate gwia only to handle
> imap connection. We are trying to make iphone working with GroupWise
> email through imap.

Well, that's what Edward was aiming at. There is absoultely no
whatsoever security difference between one and two gwias when they run
on one and the same server. What makes you believe it is any more secure
just because you use a seperate instance?

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
april wrote:

> For security reason. We want to set up alternate gwia only to handle
> imap connection. We are trying to make iphone working with GroupWise
> email through imap.

As Massimo says, if you are worried about someone compromising your
GWIA you are using for IMAP they'll still end up on the same server as
the rest of your GroupWise system. If you want it truelly secure you
build a seperate server and run a secondary domain on it with a GWIA,
otherwise there isn't any point in going through this pain.

> When I tried to install gwia on a separate server or the same server
> and gave the name as gwia2, gwia2 never show up in ConsoleOne.

It sounds like the install didn't do its job properly. I'd run it again
I'd say.

--
Cheers,
Edward

I was going to do this but I saw an unanswered post that mentioned an
issue where C1 always looks for "gwia.cfg" so it will cause problems
with two GWIAs on same box.

Thoughts?

Jeff

On 2009-11-03 09:24:14 -0800, Danita Zanr�
<dzanre@no-mx.forums.novell.com> said:

> Are you trying to do this on on server?  While it's probably not
> impossible to do so (few things are absolutely impossible), it is not
> supported that I'm aware of, and certainly not recommended. Other than
> separating out the logs, there is little benefit to having a separate
> gwia on the same server for imap.
>
> That said though, you need to turn off smtp on the second gwia and you
> must have separate mtp ports defined for each gwia. In fact, if I were
> to attempt this I'd make the mtp port 0 on both of them, turning off
> this functionality.
>
> Also, I would load both Gwias in testing with the GUI to better see
> what's happening - so:
>
> /opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin/gwia --show @gwia.cfg &
>
> opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin/gwia --show @gwia2.cfg &
>
> This will allow you to better see what the conflict is.
>
> All that said, I'd still put them on separate servers.

0
Jeffrey
11/14/2009 4:36:30 AM
Jeffrey Sessler wrote:
> I've got a case for this... GWIA (even 8sp1) does not allow SMTP to be
> bound to multiple ports at the same time. I've now run into an issue
> where Verizon is now blocking end-user outbound port 25. That's resulted
> in some of my users not being able to send email. Simple fix would be to
> enable port 587 for this task, but one instance of GWIA won't support
> this _and_ port 25 at the same time. Thus, I need to install a second
> instance of GWIA on the same OES2 Sp1 box with just SMTP on port 587
> enabled.
>
> I was going to do this but I saw an unanswered post that mentioned an
> issue where C1 always looks for "gwia.cfg" so it will cause problems
> with two GWIAs on same box.
>
> Thoughts?

Lie to your users, and tell them verizon monitors all their ports and
won't let them send email anymore and the only solution is for them to
drop verizon? :)

> Jeff
>
> On 2009-11-03 09:24:14 -0800, Danita Zanr�
> <dzanre@no-mx.forums.novell.com> said:
>
>> Are you trying to do this on on server?  While it's probably not
>> impossible to do so (few things are absolutely impossible), it is not
>> supported that I'm aware of, and certainly not recommended. Other than
>> separating out the logs, there is little benefit to having a separate
>> gwia on the same server for imap.
>>
>> That said though, you need to turn off smtp on the second gwia and you
>> must have separate mtp ports defined for each gwia. In fact, if I were
>> to attempt this I'd make the mtp port 0 on both of them, turning off
>> this functionality.
>>
>> Also, I would load both Gwias in testing with the GUI to better see
>> what's happening - so:
>>
>> /opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin/gwia --show @gwia.cfg &
>>
>> opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin/gwia --show @gwia2.cfg &
>>
>> This will allow you to better see what the conflict is.
>>
>> All that said, I'd still put them on separate servers.

0
Michael
11/14/2009 6:03:54 AM
Mike, I can always count on you to be the smarty pants!

I figured out how to make this happen but it's not pretty (install-wise). A
bug report is probably in order for the GW 8 (Sp1) installer.

When installing a second GWIA (linux) to the same domain, the install
routine purges the existing one out of the GWHA.conf, and makes the
assumption that the /opt/novell/groupwise/agents/share/gwia.cfg is also open
to alteration (doesn't ask for a new name).

The moral of the story is to backup GWHA.conf, and then re-add the original
GWIA information from the backup file to the now modified GWHA.conf.

Additionally, prior to installing the 2nd GWIA, copy the original gwia.cfg
to another name e.g. gwiafirst.cfg, and then modify the GWHA.conf so that
the first installed GWIA now points to it for its configuration.

Jeff

"Michael Bell" <mikebell90@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
> Jeffrey Sessler wrote:
>> I've got a case for this... GWIA (even 8sp1) does not allow SMTP to be
>> bound to multiple ports at the same time. I've now run into an issue
>> where Verizon is now blocking end-user outbound port 25. That's resulted
>> in some of my users not being able to send email. Simple fix would be to
>> enable port 587 for this task, but one instance of GWIA won't support
>> this _and_ port 25 at the same time. Thus, I need to install a second
>> instance of GWIA on the same OES2 Sp1 box with just SMTP on port 587
>> enabled.
>>
>> I was going to do this but I saw an unanswered post that mentioned an
>> issue where C1 always looks for "gwia.cfg" so it will cause problems with
>> two GWIAs on same box.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> Lie to your users, and tell them verizon monitors all their ports and
> won't let them send email anymore and the only solution is for them to
> drop verizon? :)
>

>> Jeff
>>
>> On 2009-11-03 09:24:14 -0800, Danita Zanr�
>> <dzanre@no-mx.forums.novell.com> said:
>>
>>> Are you trying to do this on on server?  While it's probably not
>>> impossible to do so (few things are absolutely impossible), it is not
>>> supported that I'm aware of, and certainly not recommended. Other than
>>> separating out the logs, there is little benefit to having a separate
>>> gwia on the same server for imap.
>>>
>>> That said though, you need to turn off smtp on the second gwia and you
>>> must have separate mtp ports defined for each gwia. In fact, if I were
>>> to attempt this I'd make the mtp port 0 on both of them, turning off
>>> this functionality.
>>>
>>> Also, I would load both Gwias in testing with the GUI to better see
>>> what's happening - so:
>>>
>>> /opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin/gwia --show @gwia.cfg &
>>>
>>> opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin/gwia --show @gwia2.cfg &
>>>
>>> This will allow you to better see what the conflict is.
>>>
>>> All that said, I'd still put them on separate servers.

0
Jeffrey

GroupWise error! GroupWise is not correctly installed.
This message appers after new installation on Win2000 client laptop. Novell 6.5 and GroupWise 6.5.4 is running on the server. -------------------------------------------------------------------- GroupWise error! GroupWise is not correctly installed. GroupWise-components can�t initz.. Run GroupWise intall or contact your admin. OK -------------------------------------------------------------------- Tryed to install again but no good. Tryed to delete some client registry and it works ONCE. After restart of GroupWise the same message appers. Also tryed to clean out all of the registry a...

groupwise 5.5 GWIA out
i'm getting this message "Mailer-Daemon@gwiaout.mycompanydomain.com" The message that you sent was undeliverable to the following: amoralezz@yahoo.com (access denied) Possibly truncated original message follows: when we use other email clients to send e-mails out. if anyone knows what is wrong please help me. we run Groupwise 5.5 regards, anthony Look at GWIA Access Control -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I...

gwia install /copyonly upgrade gwia to gw701
--____WVRFZEAZNLICJARYOAWV____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Wed, 25 Jul 2006 06:44:48 -0500" Can I use this switch to upgrade gw656 gwia or do i need to run install = without the switch? David Brown, Network Engineer Libbey Inc. browndn@libbey.com 3186210336 --____WVRFZEAZNLICJARYOAWV____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____KBGVHYFDXAQOQXNZWFTB____" --____KBGVHYFDXAQOQXNZWFTB____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-15 Conten...

groupwise 5.5 gwia out
I've tested out 2 different e-mail clients our .bat one and outlook express. i think our GWIA-Out is having a problem sending mail using those clients. Could there be something in the way it processes the mail that is coming from an e-mail client that is not groupwise 5.5 mail client? regards, anthony Naw, but it's nearly impossible to safely set up 5.x in a way you don't expose yourself for spam relay... -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless ...

Installing GWIA
Greetings, We are currently using an outside provider for e-mail, but are going to host our own shortly. We have Groupwise 6 running our inside mail, configured with a POA and an MTA. I imagine that after installing the GWIA that I'll have to restart the server, correct? Any reason I can't install this during shop hours and restart after hours? No need to reboot. Just install away and load it--make sure you change your autoexec.ncf and eventually you'll want to reboot to make sure everything boots up fine--but no major reason to reboot when you install. Ted ...

installing gwia
We were at 6.5.4 and have started upgrading our system to 7. The primary domain is now v.7 (DOM-1), and so is one of our secondary domain (DOM-2). There is only a GWIA on DOM-2 and it is used specifically by only one PO (PO-1) on DOM-1. PO-1 is version 7 now, but there are still a few POs that are still at 6.5.4 on DOM-1. Would it be a problem upgrading the GWIA on DOM-2 to v.7 before we finish upgrading all the POs on DOM-1? In the past we were always able to upgrade all our domains and all our POs before upgrading the gateways, but this time there are a couple of POs we cannot up...

GWIA Install
Do you need to have access to the Internet to install GWIA using GW5.5 or can this be done prior to activating the DSL line? Phil Smith Hi, Phil Smith wrote: > > Do you need to have access to the Internet to install GWIA using GW5.5 or > can this be done prior to activating the DSL line? It can be done whenever you want. Just ignore the message during install that it can't reach the internet, and check the "fix later" box. CU, -- Massimo Rosen Novell Support Connection Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de To Phil S...

Installing gwia
I have moved my GroupWise 5.5EP system from one server to another. I stopped all agents, copied domain and post office files to the new server, then tried to reinstall the GWIA. I run through the install and everything looks fine, but the Internet Agent nds object is not being created. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot? Thanks, Bart OK, I've got it installed, but I don't have any messages inbound or outbound. I think it's a link configuration issue, but I can't seem to be able to nail it down and now my brain hurts and I need to sleep. Any ideas? ...

To Gwia or not to Gwia
Hi everyone. I have 6.5.7 that is on a 10+ years box. It's time to put it to rest - I said but the boss does not want to spend the money - heard that before! It a suite using on GW and Gwava no other products. There are worried about email failure. So I'm trying GWAVA's Reload product. It works fine for the backup and the disaster recovery BUT you have no Gwia. Can I set up another Netware box with just the Gwia on it and disable the main box Gwia so that when the system fails ( and it will) we will have a email running service? Also is there a license issue here...

GWIA on GroupWise
Is is OK to have GWIA on the same server as Groupwise? Is it recommended against having both on the same machine? gvaray@consultant.com wrote: > Is is OK to have GWIA on the same server as Groupwise? Is it recommended > against having both on the same machine? What do you mean by "GroupWise"? GWIA is one agent in the groupwise system. It can peacefully coexist with the other agents (POA, MTA, gwinter, etc) just fine on the same box. -- Jim NSC Sysop It is just fine to have the gwia running on the same server. In fact, its just fine to have _everything_ ...

Instalation of GWIA
hi, i'm instalated groupwise 6.5 sp 4 in a RHES 3. When i try to configure GWIA i can't pass the LDAP verification. I try to telnet the port 389 and its respond. i use the autentication cn=admin, o=organitation, if i don't put the password i'm going to the other pass, but i can't install (anonymuos allowed). I don't know that i do bad. Can somebody help me??? Maschino, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, ...

GroupWise install
Hello, I'm a new adminstrator in a small company after many years of retirement. I'd like to install and test GroupWise. After some looking, I can't seem to find GW on 3.5" floppy. If the latest version is not available on floppy, I can still do my tests version 6.x. Thanks in advance. Floppy? If you want to down load a trial version of GroupWise you need to go to http://download.novell.com This will allow you to download 2 ISO images that you can burn onto a pair of CDs These you can use to install a GW system on a NW or a Windows server. Have a goo...

Install Groupwise
Having terrible trouble installing Groupwise. I use it at work on a network and download it for use at home. This was quite successful with Win98 but I upgraded to XP to make it happier. Since then every time I attempt download the setup is unable to install properly and I end up with no Address Book, no ability to reply to messages and some kind of conflict with Outlook which wants to be the default mail handler. Now I have an incomplete download installed which I cannot uninstall due to a corrupt .dll file vital for uninstallation. What to do? Honestly? Rebuild the machine from s...

GWIA Installation
Hi, Can I setup GWIA if I have not registered any Domain Name with the NIC. Thank you. Yes, but you're not likely to get any email unless it's addressed like: user@[92.17.287.45] (287 is, of course, fictional) oceanner wrote: > Hi, > > Can I setup GWIA if I have not registered any Domain Name with the NIC. > Thank you. > > ...

gwia install
I have a test GW 6.5 system not connected to the internet. I have done this so that I may test an upgrade to GW 7.0. I installed gwia 6.5 and when it ran, all I see is a blank blue gwia screen. what am I doing wrong? That can be a DNS problem as the gWIA tries to resolve its own name I think Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ ...

Web resources about - gwia - novell.groupwise.7x.install

Is Peace Possible? (@IsPeacePossible) on Twitter

Moving a GroupWise System from NetWare to a Windows Server
Need to move your GroupWise system from NetWare to a Windows server? This tip from Jim Michael should help ... +read more

Some important evidence of negative white birth rate
List of countries and territories by fertility rate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_territories_by_fertility_rate White people ...

INTERSNP - Genome-wide Interaction Analysis Software
INTERSNP is a software for genome-wide interaction analysis (GWIA) of case-control SNP data and quantitative traits.

Events at SFS - School of Foreign Service
Skip to main content Georgetown University Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service SFS Admissions SFS Academics SFS Research SFS Today Search: ...

Global Urban Development Magazine
METROPOLITAN ECONOMIC STRATEGY Eliminating Poverty Through Market-Based Social Entrepreneurship Muhammad Yunus I have chosen to discuss the ...

Group-wide Internal Audit Charter – Prudential plc
1. Mandate The primary objective of Group-wide Internal Audit (GwIA) is ‘to assist the Board, Group Executive Committee, Group Audit Committee ...

Part time jobs, full time jobs, working from home & flexible jobs - Working Mums - WorkingMums.co.uk
Work from home and find part time jobs, full time jobs and flexible jobs here at Working Mums. We offer flexible jobs for mums wanting a new ...

Support - Novell
Novell's technical support site with up-to-date patches and files, Knowledgebase, and forums.

Moving a GroupWise System from NetWare to a Windows Server - Cool Solutions - Novell