GWIA Config - No answer on GWIA Forum

We are being forced to use a "centralized" message relay host due to
State mandates.  So . . . most everything is working except messages
sent to comcast.net.  For some reason the GWIA is trying to communicate
directly with comcast.net (76.96.62.116).  Here is my configuration
(all my GW systems are GW 7.0.3 lastest service patch, NW6.5SP8 server):

PO - on its own server
PO MTA - on its own server
GWIA MTA and GWIA - on their own server

GWIA is configured to use "Relay Host for outbound messages:" -
domain.com

The following is from my GWIA Log showing where I sent a message to my
comcast and hotmail e-mail accounts.  For some reason, the GWIA is
trying to send my comcast.net addressed message directly to comcast
server instead of relaying thourgh my relay host.  Is there some
setting or config file I need to look at to see how this is
happening?????

14:24:21 3EA MSG 626 File:
GWIA/VOL1:\MBCWEB\WPGATE\GWIA\wpcsout\gwi2e63\4\4C2DF695.000 Message
Id: (4C2DF68F.1FC:166:8140) Size: 0
14:24:21 3EA MSG 626 Sender: Myname.Name@mbc.ca.gov
14:24:21 3EA MSG 626 Converting message to MIME:
MEDBD06/VOL1:\MBCWEB\WPGATE\GWIA\send\xc2df695.141
14:24:21 3EA MSG 626 Recipient: user@comcast.net
14:24:21 3EA MSG 626 Queuing message to daemon:
GWIA/VOL1:\MBCWEB\WPGATE\GWIA\send\sc2df695.141
14:24:21 3EA MSG 626 Converting message to MIME:
GWIA/VOL1:\MBCWEB\WPGATE\GWIA\send\xc2df695.142
14:24:21 3EA MSG 626 Recipient: user@hotmail.com
14:24:21 3EA MSG 626 Queuing message to daemon:
GWIA/VOL1:\MBCWEB\WPGATE\GWIA\send\sc2df695.142
14:24:21 3E0 DMN: MSG 627 Sending file:
GWIA/VOL1:\MBCWEB\WPGATE\GWIA\send\pc2df695.141
14:24:21 3E0 DMN: MSG 627 Attempting to connect to 76.96.62.116
14:24:22 3FC DMN: MSG 628 Sending file:
GWIA/VOL1:\MBCWEB\WPGATE\GWIA\send\pc2df695.142
14:24:22 3FC DMN: MSG 628 Attempting to connect to domain.com
14:24:22 3FC DMN: MSG 628 Connected to XXX.XX.XXX.XX
14:24:22 3FC DMN: MSG 628 Transferred
14:24:22 3FC DMN: MSG 628 SMTP session ended: [XXX.XX.XXX.XX]
(domain.com)

Chris
7/7/2010 9:28:23 PM
novell.groupwise.7x.install 6353 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Chris Premo wrote:

> We are being forced to use a "centralized" message relay host due to
> State mandates.  So . . . most everything is working except messages
> sent to comcast.net.  For some reason the GWIA is trying to
> communicate directly with comcast.net (76.96.62.116).  Here is my
> configuration (all my GW systems are GW 7.0.3 lastest service patch,
> NW6.5SP8 server):
>
> PO - on its own server
> PO MTA - on its own server
> GWIA MTA and GWIA - on their own server
>
> GWIA is configured to use "Relay Host for outbound messages:" -
> domain.com

Do you have a route.cfg configured by chance ?

--
Cheers,
Edward
Edward van der Maas wrote:

> Do you have a route.cfg configured by chance ?

Doh - That was it!  THANK YOU!!!

Chris
7/8/2010 2:31:07 PM
Chris Premo wrote:

> Edward van der Maas wrote:
>
> > Do you have a route.cfg configured by chance ?
>
> Doh - That was it!  THANK YOU!!!

Thanks for the feedback :)

--
Cheers,
Edward

To Gwia or not to Gwia
Hi everyone. I have 6.5.7 that is on a 10+ years box. It's time to put it to rest - I said but the boss does not want to spend the money - heard that before! It a suite using on GW and Gwava no other products. There are worried about email failure. So I'm trying GWAVA's Reload product. It works fine for the backup and the disaster recovery BUT you have no Gwia. Can I set up another Netware box with just the Gwia on it and disable the main box Gwia so that when the system fails ( and it will) we will have a email running service? Also is there a license issue here...

Multiple GWIAs
--____NIDZAURHDWSSXDWGQASR____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I realize that this is a second posting - no one responded to first one. I'm looking to take some load off of our present GWIA. We run all of our = GroupWise stuff only on NetWare servers, the GWIA sits on a NetWare 6.5 = SP5a server (a ProLiant DL360 G3) and is dedicated on that server - = nothing else runs on that server except GWIA and McAfee's NetShield, with = the proper exceptions for virus scanning). We are currently running = GroupWise 6.5 SP6...

groupwise 5.5 GWIA out
i'm getting this message "Mailer-Daemon@gwiaout.mycompanydomain.com" The message that you sent was undeliverable to the following: amoralezz@yahoo.com (access denied) Possibly truncated original message follows: when we use other email clients to send e-mails out. if anyone knows what is wrong please help me. we run Groupwise 5.5 regards, anthony Look at GWIA Access Control -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I...

gwia install /copyonly upgrade gwia to gw701
--____WVRFZEAZNLICJARYOAWV____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Wed, 25 Jul 2006 06:44:48 -0500" Can I use this switch to upgrade gw656 gwia or do i need to run install = without the switch? David Brown, Network Engineer Libbey Inc. browndn@libbey.com 3186210336 --____WVRFZEAZNLICJARYOAWV____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____KBGVHYFDXAQOQXNZWFTB____" --____KBGVHYFDXAQOQXNZWFTB____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-15 Conten...

groupwise 5.5 gwia out
I've tested out 2 different e-mail clients our .bat one and outlook express. i think our GWIA-Out is having a problem sending mail using those clients. Could there be something in the way it processes the mail that is coming from an e-mail client that is not groupwise 5.5 mail client? regards, anthony Naw, but it's nearly impossible to safely set up 5.x in a way you don't expose yourself for spam relay... -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless ...

gwia install-config video
I'm seting up a GWIA 7.03 under linux (OES, migrating from NW). Installing O.K. During the configure install-process i have a problem: The dialog where i setup a forwarder is to small programmed, the forward Icon a the button is not visible. So i can't go ahead to next dialog. I haven't foud the key-stroke command do go ahead. Video: KDE, Video-resoltion 1200 * 1024 (i can change this, old analog Monitor). I can't migrate if i can not setup/configure GWIA... Beat Brunner -- bbrunner ---------------------------------------------------------------------...

Lost GWIA Config after SP4 Install
We installed SP4 for GW 6.0 last night and today I noticed a few changes on the GWIA config. Such as POP and IMAP enabled, thread count changed, web console not active. Based on this I assume I lost my configuration somehow. The SP4 install went fine and all agents started fine. Does anyone know why this happens? Since I am relying on NDS to maintain this info should I switch to using a config file or just try and restore it from tape perhaps? Thanks, Greg Greg, Well, ConsoleOne writes your configuration to GWIA.CFG, so if you can restore that from tape you shoul...

GWIA on GroupWise
Is is OK to have GWIA on the same server as Groupwise? Is it recommended against having both on the same machine? gvaray@consultant.com wrote: > Is is OK to have GWIA on the same server as Groupwise? Is it recommended > against having both on the same machine? What do you mean by "GroupWise"? GWIA is one agent in the groupwise system. It can peacefully coexist with the other agents (POA, MTA, gwinter, etc) just fine on the same box. -- Jim NSC Sysop It is just fine to have the gwia running on the same server. In fact, its just fine to have _everything_ ...

Instalation of GWIA
hi, i'm instalated groupwise 6.5 sp 4 in a RHES 3. When i try to configure GWIA i can't pass the LDAP verification. I try to telnet the port 389 and its respond. i use the autentication cn=admin, o=organitation, if i don't put the password i'm going to the other pass, but i can't install (anonymuos allowed). I don't know that i do bad. Can somebody help me??? Maschino, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, ...

GWIA Install
Do you need to have access to the Internet to install GWIA using GW5.5 or can this be done prior to activating the DSL line? Phil Smith Hi, Phil Smith wrote: > > Do you need to have access to the Internet to install GWIA using GW5.5 or > can this be done prior to activating the DSL line? It can be done whenever you want. Just ignore the message during install that it can't reach the internet, and check the "fix later" box. CU, -- Massimo Rosen Novell Support Connection Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de To Phil S...

Installing GWIA
Greetings, We are currently using an outside provider for e-mail, but are going to host our own shortly. We have Groupwise 6 running our inside mail, configured with a POA and an MTA. I imagine that after installing the GWIA that I'll have to restart the server, correct? Any reason I can't install this during shop hours and restart after hours? No need to reboot. Just install away and load it--make sure you change your autoexec.ncf and eventually you'll want to reboot to make sure everything boots up fine--but no major reason to reboot when you install. Ted ...

installing gwia
We were at 6.5.4 and have started upgrading our system to 7. The primary domain is now v.7 (DOM-1), and so is one of our secondary domain (DOM-2). There is only a GWIA on DOM-2 and it is used specifically by only one PO (PO-1) on DOM-1. PO-1 is version 7 now, but there are still a few POs that are still at 6.5.4 on DOM-1. Would it be a problem upgrading the GWIA on DOM-2 to v.7 before we finish upgrading all the POs on DOM-1? In the past we were always able to upgrade all our domains and all our POs before upgrading the gateways, but this time there are a couple of POs we cannot up...

GWIA Config
Where can i find a simple documentation that helps me configuring SMTP, POP3 in GWIA (GW 6.0.4) ? Thanks in advance Hi, Rico wrote: > > Where can i find a simple documentation that helps me configuring SMTP, POP3 > in GWIA (GW 6.0.4) ? http://www.novell.com/documentation/lg/gw65/gw65_admin/data/a7q50pq.html maybe? CU, -- Massimo Rosen Novell Product Support Forum Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de ...

GWIA Installation
Hi, Can I setup GWIA if I have not registered any Domain Name with the NIC. Thank you. Yes, but you're not likely to get any email unless it's addressed like: user@[92.17.287.45] (287 is, of course, fictional) oceanner wrote: > Hi, > > Can I setup GWIA if I have not registered any Domain Name with the NIC. > Thank you. > > ...

Web resources about - GWIA Config - No answer on GWIA Forum - novell.groupwise.7x.install

Proxy auto-config - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Computer operating systems (e.g., Microsoft Windows , Mac OS X , Linux ) require a number of settings to communicate over the Internet . These ...

Platform Updates: New Industry Pages, Refreshed Services Status Page, and New Parse Config Dashboard
Platform Updates: New Industry Pages, Refreshed Services Status Page, and New Parse Config Dashboard

App Config for Android - YouTube
Free version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fi.aarosoft.appconfig.free Full version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ...

HP unveils cloud config manager
HP this week unveiled a network virtualization system for large enterprise and cloud providers designed to simplify network configuration.

China configs 'firewall' against official meddling in judicial cases
China configs 'firewall' against official meddling in judicial cases

Group criticizes Apple’s removal of IPv6 in Airport config tool
Back in January of this year Apple released AirPort Utility 6.0 , an updated version of the configuration tool for setting up home networks and ...

System Software: Configs for Mac 128K, XL, 512, & 512KE (7/94)
Macintosh 128K Currently ships with: Product no longer available. Supports: System 2.0 and Finder 4.1. Recommended: System 2.0 and Finder 4.1. ...

Deals: dozens of new MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Retina configs at lowest prices anywhere
As promised, AppleInsider's Mac Price Guides were expanded over this past week to include 19 configurations of Apple's new MacBook Air (both ...

Dell releases updated XPS-13 Developer Edition in wide variety of configs
... is available immediately in North America and Europe. According to Dell’s announcement blog post , there is a wide variety of possible configurations ...

Config error at Boston-area hosting company takes down Reddit, others
... hosting provider briefly knocked several large services and websites dependent on Amazon and AWS offline on Tuesday night, thanks to a configuration ...