Multiple GWIAs with Multiple IPs

I've read on these forums that GW7 should support the use of 2 GWIAs for
outbound use.  Is this actually the case?  If so, how would I go about
setting that up.  I didn't see an option in the PO addressing to select
a default gwia for outbound sends.  That option is only available on the
Domain for me.

What I would like is to have 1 domain, 2 post offices, 2 GWIAs.  One
GWIA should service PO1 and the other GWIA should service PO2 for all
outbound mail.  I would like all of the header information to be
accurate for the sending domain.
For example, if PO1 is abc.com and it's mx record is 192.192.192.192
then I want all of this domains email to have the header info that says
it comes from GWIA1, which will have the public IP of 192.192.192.192.
PO2 would have xyz.com and an mx record of 10.1.1.1, etc....

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Shawn
0
Shawn
1/27/2006 7:57:04 PM
novell.groupwise.7x.gwia 3041 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Shaw,

The GWIA is part of a Domain and therefore you can have two GWIA's which
can be configured in a way that they fail over. In the Post Office there
is no way to do this.

Here is the documentation how to setup an alternative GWIA for a domain:
http://www.novell.com/documentation/gw7/index.html?page=/documentation/gw7/gw7_admin/data/a7q50pq.html

Cheers

Uli Neumann
DevNet SysOp 27

Am Fri, 27 Jan 2006 19:57:04 +0000 schrieb Shawn Anderson:

> I've read on these forums that GW7 should support the use of 2 GWIAs for
> outbound use.  Is this actually the case?  If so, how would I go about
> setting that up.  I didn't see an option in the PO addressing to select
> a default gwia for outbound sends.  That option is only available on the
> Domain for me.
>
> What I would like is to have 1 domain, 2 post offices, 2 GWIAs.  One
> GWIA should service PO1 and the other GWIA should service PO2 for all
> outbound mail.  I would like all of the header information to be
> accurate for the sending domain.
> For example, if PO1 is abc.com and it's mx record is 192.192.192.192
> then I want all of this domains email to have the header info that says
> it comes from GWIA1, which will have the public IP of 192.192.192.192.
> PO2 would have xyz.com and an mx record of 10.1.1.1, etc....
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks,
> Shawn

0
Uli

Multiple GWIA IPs
I'm still struggling with SpamCop accusing my site of sending spam. (They are certain iChain is bundled with GroupWise and that it is a proxy issue but that is a different story...) In order to further troubleshoot and see what is causing the supposed spams, I'd like to bind a second IP to the server. (Either a second IP to the existing NIC or just use a second NIC.) I'd like to keep the GWIA receving e-mail on the same IP so I don't have to modify any MX records or disrupt inbound e-mail. I'd like to have all outgoing SMTP use the new IP address so I c...

Multiple GWIAs
--____NIDZAURHDWSSXDWGQASR____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I realize that this is a second posting - no one responded to first one. I'm looking to take some load off of our present GWIA. We run all of our = GroupWise stuff only on NetWare servers, the GWIA sits on a NetWare 6.5 = SP5a server (a ProLiant DL360 G3) and is dedicated on that server - = nothing else runs on that server except GWIA and McAfee's NetShield, with = the proper exceptions for virus scanning). We are currently running = GroupWise 6.5 SP6...

Multiple GWIA's on server with multiple nics
I would like to combine two lower traffic gwia's onto one Windows server that has 2 nics (ipa 10.1.1.1 and 10.1.1.2). Is it possible to run two gwia's and connect each one to it's own nic? Also if this is feasable, do you run one MTA or 2 MTA's for these gateways? Thanks. Tricky, as the first GWIA loaded will grab port 25 and listen on all cards on the server Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ Hi, jgrindley@hobbico.com wrote: > > I would like to combine two lower traffic gwia's ont...

Multiple GWIA's? Throttling GWIA on the server?
--____RGKQJBTPEHXPUDBWYIQD____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm looking to take some load off of our present GWIA. We run all of our = GroupWise stuff only on NetWare servers, the GWIA sits on a NetWare 6.5 = SP5a server (a ProLiant DL360 G3) and is dedicated on that server - = nothing else runs on that server except GWIA and McAfee's NetShield, with = the proper exceptions for virus scanning). We are currently running = GroupWise 6.5 SP6 on our GWIA (SP3 on the POAs until next month when they = will get pushed ...

Multiple Gwia
Can you have multiple Gwia's on a GroupWise system? Yes, you can have multiply GWIAs. If you nedd multiply GWIAs for incomming mail you need the GWIAs external IP in your MX record. For outgoing mail you can direct the messages to a specific GWIA by selecting the GWIA on the MTA. Uffe and if you were looking for redundant gwias you can, enable MTP for communication between the GWIA and the MTA, if the MTA cannot communicate with a GWIA over IP, MTA assumes that this GWIA is down, and switch to a secondary backup GWIA > Yes, you can have multiply GWIAs. ...

Multiple GWIA
I have a site that has multiple offices - each with its own domain name - the sites are connected via a VPN and part of hte same GW system. All works OK. MX record for company/domain 1 points to server 1 MX record for company/domain 2 points to server 2 with a backup MX pointing to server 1 I want all incoming mail to come into server 1 only (this is where all the anti-spam, etc software is). If I set up Access Control for the GWIA on Server 2 to 'Prevent Incoming Messages', will this force the sending mailer to lookup the backup mail server based on the second MX recor...

Multiple GWIA for Groupwise 5.5
Can i setup multiple GWIA(s) under Groupwsie 5.5? if so how? Our current mail system is getting a beating we send out 1000's of e-mail via our GWIA(NT based). regards/thanks sam > It is possible. Plenty of places have one gwia for inbound, one for outbound. I've never dealt with it, so I don't know any tid's for you, but it can be done. ...

Multiple GWIAs
Is there any reason not to setup multiple GWIAs on the same box? I've always assumed, probably incorrectly, that you're only supposed to have 1 GWIA per box. We would like to be able to setup different blacklist settings (1 more restrictive than the other) on the two domains serviced by the box. If there's no problem with more than one co-existing, are there any setup "tips" to keep in mind? Thanks in advance. rgaines_65203@yahoo.com Wrote: > Is there any reason not to setup multiple GWIAs on the same box? I've > always assumed, probably incorre...

multiple GWIAs?
I have one PO, a GWIA and Webaccess at my main office and one PO at a satellite office that is connected via a slowish WAN. My users at the satellite office can access their email via Webaccess OK but when they try to POP (for Blackberries) through the GWIA and into their PO it times out. My question is can I have a second GWIA at the satellite office strictly for downloading the POP mail directly rather than having to have the mail pull through the WAN into the main office? On 04/19/2006 Don Powell wrote: > My users at the > satellite office can access their email...

To Gwia or not to Gwia
Hi everyone. I have 6.5.7 that is on a 10+ years box. It's time to put it to rest - I said but the boss does not want to spend the money - heard that before! It a suite using on GW and Gwava no other products. There are worried about email failure. So I'm trying GWAVA's Reload product. It works fine for the backup and the disaster recovery BUT you have no Gwia. Can I set up another Netware box with just the Gwia on it and disable the main box Gwia so that when the system fails ( and it will) we will have a email running service? Also is there a license issue here...

multiple websites with multiple ip
Hi, I'm trying to config multiple websites with multiple ip (each website with one ip) with IIS6, which I guess should be easy if there's possible to config multiple websites with one ip, altough like this I can have one ftp server for each site using the standard port. anyway, when I try to start a website with another ip then the first one already runnig, it says it can't because it's using the same port as the first one. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to share the same port (80) with multiple websites and ips, and how to configure? thank you in advance Jordi ...

7.0.1 Beta GWIA outbound mail scrambling html content of multiple messages and adding multiple disclaimers
I've back-rev'ed my gwia to ftf g for now and the problem has gone away, so this is more of a bug report than asking for an actual solution at this time. Outbound messages from the gwia were jumbling together various html portions of in- and out- bound messages to/from multiple users. Best way to describe it would be to show an example, so here is a test message I sent to my gmail account. Note down in the original content section that the plain text appears correctly. Thanks; Ron Collings Lan Administrator Crescent School Toronto, Ontario Canada Original from my...

multiple abends in GWIA
I have NW65 sp2 with post sp6 and I've applied post sp6 iprntnw65sp6e patch. Also BM3.8 sp5 runs on this. Early this morning there were multiple abends in the GWIA. Any idea what's causing this? cheers and thanks Tom Novell Open Enterprise Server, NetWare 6.5 PVER: 6.50.06 Server BMSRVR halted Monday, 5 March 2007 19:25:31.479 Abend 2 on P01: Server-5.70.06: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000) Registers: CS = 0060 DS = 007B ES = 007B FS = 007B GS = 007B SS = 0068 EAX = 9EB85260 EBX = 9EFE63A0 ECX = 00AAB263 EDX = 9AADEF5C ES...

multiple gwia on same domain
Hi, I have a 2 netware server network with one doing all of the internet connection type services including groupwise agents, etc. Our dsl connection has been down for 2 days now and I'm looking at a quick fix that can also become a long term fault tolerance solution with our local ISP connection. Q: Can I setup a second gwia (IE. GWIA2) on the remote server(#2) that has an internet connection. This connection may be from the same ISP on a different line or maybe from a different ISP. A secondary mx record would be created. Many thanks in advance for info on this. GGJR. ...

Web resources about - Multiple GWIAs with Multiple IPs - novell.groupwise.7x.gwia

Multiple sequence alignment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A multiple sequence alignment (MSA) is a sequence alignment of three or more biological sequences , generally protein , DNA , or RNA . In many ...

Man charged with murder of 21yo found on road in Tewantin with multiple stab wounds
Police charge a man with the murder of a 21-year-old man found lying on a road with multiple stab wounds to his chest.

Multiple shots fired at Atlanta mall - abc13.com
Multiple shots were fired Saturday evening in a suburban Atlanta mall, prompting a frantic rush by shoppers to evacuate.

Nigeria: Over 70 Feared Killed in Borno, Adamawa Multiple Blasts
More than 70 people were feared killed in multiple bomb attacks believed to have been carried out by Boko Haram militants and their agents in ...

Facebook is testing multiple topic-based News Feeds for mobile devices
... the information you want to see at the appropriate times. According to the screenshots taken by Jason Stein, Facebook looks to be testing multiple, ...

An insanely high percentage of people — about 42% — are seeing "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" multiple ...
With the enormous box office sales "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" is generating, it's a good bet that many people are going back numerous times ...

Miami teen shot multiple times at grandma's home
The victim reportedly remains in the hospital as police continue to search for the suspect

Gov. Jerry Brown pardoned Robert Downey Jr. for his multiple crimes in the ’90s
I’m old enough to remember when Robert Downey Jr. was an utter mess. Back in the ‘90s, I lost count of how many times he was arrested, how many ...

Gas tank explodes at plant in Nigeria; multiple fatalities reported
CNN Gas tank explodes at plant in Nigeria; multiple fatalities reported CNN Kano, Nigeria (CNN) An industrial gas tank exploded in southern ...

Draymond explains how multiple Warriors lead in their own way
... Search 42° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch Draymond explains how multiple ...