GWIA keeps giving 450 Host down

We have a groupwise 7.x system that is installed on windows 2000. The
former tech had installed two NICS on a windows 2000 system one with a
private ip address and the other NIC with a public ip address which was
the registered IP for our domain. We have decided to move our server
inside of a firewall. Now the public ip address is actually the
Sonicwall firewall public ip address and we are port forwarding port 25
and port 110. The mail server now has only one NIC which is the private
internal ip address. Internal mail works fine and we can receive
external email too. GWIA just will not send mail outside, we see 450
host down on almost any domains we try to send mail to.

From this windows 2000 computer we can get on the internet just fine,
so it seems like the DNS on the NIC works. But somehow it seems like
GWIA is getting its DNS information from somewhere else. I have read
that sometimes you can use RESOLV.cfg but I have no idea where this file
would be saved in a windows environment. I got a novell article that
said you can manually add the DNS to a registry key, I did this but we
are still getting the 450 error. It almost sounds like the former tech
had put a DNS setting somewhere else we are just not seeing and it is
overriding anything that we are putting on the Computer NIC.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Austin

--
aamuok

aamuok
5/20/2009 4:16:01 PM
novell.groupwise.7x.gwia 3041 articles. 0 followers. Follow

aamuok,

correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
5/26/2009 6:11:12 PM
The 450 error is not related to DNS.  That comes after a successful DNS
lookup has already occured.  If DNS were failing, you would be getting
an MX Lookup Failure.  450 essentially means that the GWIA is unable to
communicate with the other gateway.  Basically it cannot connect with
other smtp gateways on port 25.

Have you tried telnetting to some of the sites from the 2000 server
(port 25)?

--
Jeff Grubbs
Novell Technical Support Engineer II

0
jgrubbs

To Gwia or not to Gwia
Hi everyone. I have 6.5.7 that is on a 10+ years box. It's time to put it to rest - I said but the boss does not want to spend the money - heard that before! It a suite using on GW and Gwava no other products. There are worried about email failure. So I'm trying GWAVA's Reload product. It works fine for the backup and the disaster recovery BUT you have no Gwia. Can I set up another Netware box with just the Gwia on it and disable the main box Gwia so that when the system fails ( and it will) we will have a email running service? Also is there a license issue here...

GWIA: 450 host down...on a host that is NOT down
Hi all. i'm getting an annoying 450 host down error on my GWIA. We sent some important emails and we didn't notice they were not going out until way later. Then we checked and we were having 450 host down on that host. Some time ago we used to experience this very same problem, but then it stopped (couldn't say exactly what we did, since I was not in charge of communications back then) Obviously, I did a telnet on port 25 to the mail exchanger of the problematic domain. It was up and running. What could be causing this behaviour? How can I solve this probl...

GWIA
new to groupwise GW 6.5 (SP3) I can receive mail from the outside world however I cannot send out any message to the outside world.. I always get a 450 Host down error here is my gwia.cfg file Any ideas ?? Thanks in advance Doug ;====================================================================== ; GroupWise 6 GWIA ; Startup File ;---------------------------------------------------------------------- ; This contains the configuation options for GroupWise Internet Agent. ; Use ConsoleOne to modify this file with Advan...

GWIA
Hi Recently I noticed a lot of Host Down instances according to the stats on the GWIA web interface. With 3 days of uptime the numbers were 216 "sent" email and 560 "host down". Further checks revealed this sort of error in the logs: MSG 6201 Analyzing result file: MAIL/DATA:\GRPWISE\MAILINT\WPGATE\GWIA\result\r99589a6.040 02-17-09 00:08:07 0 MSG 6201 Detected error on SMTP command 02-17-09 00:08:07 0 MSG 6201 Command: domain.com.au 02-17-09 00:08:07 0 MSG 6201 Response: 450 Host down (domain.com.au) 02-17-09 00:08:07 0 MSG 6202 Analyzing result file: ...

Gwia 450 host down
Hello, I'm getting 450 host down errors from one particular site. I've used the gwip and tested the mx connectivity and it does connect, but very slowly. I can alos connect froma workstation, again, the response time back from the foreign server is slow. Is there a GWIA setting/timeout that controls how long the GWIA should wait before declaring the host down with a 450 error? thanks ConsoleOne, GWIA object, SMTP/MIME, Timeouts. >>> Guinevere<Guinevere@ftj.com> 3/9/2005 11:07 AM >>> Hello, I'm getting 450 host down errors from one part...

groupwise 5.5 GWIA out
i'm getting this message "Mailer-Daemon@gwiaout.mycompanydomain.com" The message that you sent was undeliverable to the following: amoralezz@yahoo.com (access denied) Possibly truncated original message follows: when we use other email clients to send e-mails out. if anyone knows what is wrong please help me. we run Groupwise 5.5 regards, anthony Look at GWIA Access Control -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I...

450 Host down error on the GWIA
Do you have a e-mail firewall system such as Proofpoint in place? We have this happen when our firewall is having problems such as rebooting for the coninuous updates that it receives from the vendor or an influx of spam. Ususally the GroupWise "Agents/gwia/defer" directory will start collecting items in it and that tells us that the mail is not going through the firewall system. We then check our firewall box and 95% of the time it is having a problem. I hope this helps in your case. Hi, rtolbert@ccisd.net wrote: > > Do you have a e-mail firewall system ...

Error 450 Host Down on GWIA
Greetings, We are experiencing errors on the GWIA agent, when sending emails to some domains. Apparently, the problem is related to higher priority Mail Exchange (MX) hosts not responding to requests of the GWIA as explained in Novell's support TID number 100534469 (http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10053469.htm ). It says: "This problem has been reported to development. Customer can either install the non-enhancement pack GW 5.5.2 GWIA or create a ROUTE.CFG in the domain\WPGATE\gwia directory with the hostname they are having problems reaching ...

450 host down (mydomain) on GWIA
Can somebody explain how I am getting these. Everything seems to be working. Mail is entering and exiting. I only have one PO, which is on another machine, so I'm not sure why I am getting these at the GWIA. I am assuming that internal mail should not make it to the GWIA. I am getting mail from the internet in my mailbox so how can it say the host is down. What host is it talking about? Mike McCarron Do you have the entries for both servers in the HOSTS file? This is important to GWIA. "Michael P. McCarron" <mccarron@osfphila.org> wrote in mess...

groupwise 5.5 gwia out
I've tested out 2 different e-mail clients our .bat one and outlook express. i think our GWIA-Out is having a problem sending mail using those clients. Could there be something in the way it processes the mail that is coming from an e-mail client that is not groupwise 5.5 mail client? regards, anthony Naw, but it's nearly impossible to safely set up 5.x in a way you don't expose yourself for spam relay... -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless ...

gwia and 450 Host down for own domain
Suddenly have a spate of this going on, no apparent reason. 450 Host Down stmarks.pp.catholic.edu.au (Which is the name of our domain) Defer is filling up with messages that are being sent by gwia to (itself?) mostly dealing with failed deliveries of emails for one (real) reason or another (typos in address etc) Most of these are from <> ie null sender. Inbound mail from other domains (ie the internet at large) seems ok. Outbound mail to other domains is likewise ok. Caveat: AOHell and now Hotmail, but that's not GWIA's fault - they have decided we are on a dial...

GWIA not sending mail(450 Host down)
We had a series of NS go do and made the change to a another provider. I've changed the DNS records to reflect the change. I've changed the resolve.cfg file to reflect the changes. When I run GWIA every outgoing mail has on it 450 Host down (destination domain) ex: 01-21-10 00:47:15 0 Queuing deferred message: NWFS1/MAIL:\GWDOM\WPGATE\GWIA\send\sb56eb93.009 01-21-10 00:47:15 10 DMN: MSG 397 Sending file: NWFS1/MAIL:\GWDOM\WPGATE\GWIA\send\pb56eb93.009 01-21-10 00:47:15 10 DMN: MSG 397 Send Failure: 450 Host down (gmail.com) 01-21-10 00:47:25 0 MSG 398 Analyzing result f...

450 host down on GWIA 6.5
We are struggling with a DNS related issue..... GWIA can't ping outside of our firewall or our outside DNS. We can resolve gmail.com and others from a ping. We can ping other servers inside our firewall. Tried several TIDs and resolv.cfg is fine, there is no /mh switch on GWIA. Tired some other suggestions that actually made me register on this site. Are you having outbound only problems? Is it all email or just some email? Can't ping sounds like your firewall is blocking ICMP traffic--doesn't necessarily mean anything's wrong. If you can resolve anyth...

GWIA 450 Host Down on 1 domain
I'm getting a 450 Host Down message on GWIA only when sending to 1 specific domain. I can telnet to port 25 and do an NSLookup to the MX record and it responds ok. I tried creating a Route.cfg with the ip address up the remote domain and still got the same condition. GWIA 6.5.4 Hi, dhoffrogge@comcast.net wrote: > > I'm getting a 450 Host Down message on GWIA only when sending to 1 > specific domain. I can telnet to port 25 Directly from your GWIA server? This is exactly what a 450 host down says. YOur gwia can not connect to port 25 of the resolved ...

Web resources about - GWIA keeps giving 450 Host down - novell.groupwise.7x.gwia

US Christmas Eve shootout: 'One dead' in shooting at North Carolina shopping mall
A gunman is dead following a shooting at mall packed with Christmas shoppers.

You Can Celebrate Christmas In These Video Games
Christmas is all about spending time with family and friends. But when you get bored of those family and friends, why not play some video games? ...

‘Star Wars: Battlefront’ DLC Won’t Include ‘Force Awakens’
The huge success of Star Wars: The Force Awakens won’t necessarily translate over to Star Wars: Battlefront for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, ...

Fox Panelists: If Trump Goes After Bill Clinton to Attack Hillary, It Will Backfire
For days now, Donald Trump has been hinting attacks on Hillary Clinton over her husband’s past, but two of the panelists on Fox’s Special Report ...

Death Toll Rises to 11 After Tornadoes, Storms Ravage South
NBCNews.com Death Toll Rises to 11 After Tornadoes, Storms Ravage South NBCNews.com At least 11 people were killed, including a young boy, ...

Bradley Cooper Has a Sweaty Butt, According to Jennifer Lawrence!
Bradley Cooper meets up with a group of pals for lunch on Wednesday (December 23) in Pacific Palisades, Calif. The 40-year-old actor’s frequent ...

Central American Migrants Deported by U.S. Sent to Their Deaths
Since January 2014, as many as 83 undocumented immigrants, having fled violence in their homes countries (only to be deported by the United States), ...

Robert Downey Jr. Pardoned for '90s Drug and Weapon Offenses by California ...
E! Online Robert Downey Jr. Pardoned for '90s Drug and Weapon Offenses by California ... E! Online It'll be a very happy holiday for Robert ...

Spain: King Felipe decries Paris attacks in Christmas speech
MADRID (AP) — Spain's King Felipe VI, in his annual Christmas Eve speech, has decried the Paris attacks that killed 130 people and left hundreds ...

Lunch Lady Unleashes Fire Vocals During Cafeteria Karaoke
A cafeteria worker in Pennsylvania surprised a room full of normally unimpressed teens this week with her stirring rendition of “Have Yourself ...