450 Host down error on the GWIA

Do you have a e-mail firewall system such as Proofpoint in place? We have
this happen when our firewall is having problems such as rebooting for
the coninuous updates that it receives from the vendor or an influx of
spam. Ususally the GroupWise "Agents/gwia/defer" directory will start
collecting items in it and that tells us that the mail is not going
through the firewall system. We then check our firewall box and 95% of
the time it is having a problem.

I hope this helps in your case.
0
rtolbert
3/26/2007 7:52:12 PM
novell.groupwise.7x.gwia 3041 articles. 0 followers. Follow

rtolbert@ccisd.net wrote:

> Do you have a e-mail firewall system such as Proofpoint in place? We have
> this happen when our firewall is having problems such as rebooting for
> the coninuous updates that it receives from the vendor or an influx of
> spam. Ususally the GroupWise "Agents/gwia/defer" directory will start
> collecting items in it and that tells us that the mail is not going
> through the firewall system. We then check our firewall box and 95% of
> the time it is having a problem.
>
> I hope this helps in your case.

Note you posted this as a new root message. I don't know what thread you
intended this to post in, but likely the intended receipient will never
see this.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen