Instigating emails via SMTP alters the email address to - "SMTP:address@domain.com"

We have an application which uses mapi32.dll to send emails via SMTP.
I didn't write the software but am supporting it so please forgive me
for my ignorance about how it all works behind the scenes.

When using Outlook, our app sends the emails directly to the mail
server, ie. Outlook does not come into play.  When using Groupwise, it
detects a new mail message and opens up a compose message window.
This was fine with Groupwise 6 but now with Groupwise 7 it is
prefixing "SMTP:" to the email address.  This causes problems at the
mail server as it can't recognise the email address.

Eg. Groupwise converts email address to - "SMTP:email@domain.com"

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Thanks,

Steve

0
stevo1980
3/1/2007 1:28:50 AM
novell.groupwise.7x.clients 10530 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try this one

We have posted a BETA update to GroupWise Simple MAPI interfaces at
http://support.novell.com/filefinder/1557/beta.html listed as
bgwmapi7mlt2.exe. If you have GW7 installed and are experiencing trouble
sending mail through GroupWise from a web browser, Word, Excel, or any
application that relies on simple MAPI, we would encourage you to
participate.  This is beta code and should only be installed on a test
system. We greatly appreciate any feedback positive or negative.

Cheers Dave

--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

<stevo1980@gmail.com> wrote in message
> We have an application which uses mapi32.dll to send emails via SMTP.
> I didn't write the software but am supporting it so please forgive me
> for my ignorance about how it all works behind the scenes.
>
> When using Outlook, our app sends the emails directly to the mail
> server, ie. Outlook does not come into play.  When using Groupwise, it
> detects a new mail message and opens up a compose message window.
> This was fine with Groupwise 6 but now with Groupwise 7 it is
> prefixing "SMTP:" to the email address.  This causes problems at the
> mail server as it can't recognise the email address.
>
> Eg. Groupwise converts email address to - "SMTP:email@domain.com"
>
> Has anyone else come across this issue?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

0
Michael

Importing smtp email addresses into groupwise personal address book
Hi One of my users needs to import a list of 2000 names and smtp addresses from an XLS spreadsheet into her personal address book. Does anyone know of an easy way to do this other than manual entry? Thanks in advance. Do a file export from your current address book of a few entries Note the "schema" at the top. If you can arrange the fields like this and export them from export, you will then be able to import no problem -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me...

using SMTP localhost in the webconfig is it possibale to hide our outgoing email address and change it so that a message appears to have been sent from our members email address rather then what is in
Hi there Can any one help me. I am asking this question for our .net guy who is a little busy at the moment. We have a website which has two online forms which get sent direct but to us using localhost which work fine. We also allow members to create and send their profiles to companies to apply for jobs. The members profile is sent via the webconfig file (code below). <mailSettings> <smtp from="support@ourdomain.co.uk"> <network host="localhost"/> </smtp> </mailSettings>At the top of every profile...

hide email addresses from email after using smtp.send()
hello , I have some kind of subscribe feature , the emails are saved in database so am using a sqldatareader and a loop , inside loop am adding the emails with msg.to.add() , but what is happening that all the emails are being shown ( in the to place) when a subscriber receives an email , but I dont want that , cause the subscriber shall not know email addresses of other subscribers , how to fix this thing ?!? thanks alot place all the recipients on the BCC of the email. this prevents them from seeing the email of other BCC recipients  Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need...

Email has different SMTP TO: and MIME TO: fields in the email addresses
--____GMOXIFCWFOFOIQBSFIWX____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 29 Nov 2006 03:18:04 -0800" We created an External Domain PO and added users to the PO. We configured = each with a "Gateway Alias" (i.e., "gwia:username@domain.name"). Neither = the External Domain PO or our PO have an "Internet Addressing - Override" = setting. When I received a reply back from one of the Addressee from a Distribution = List message the reply message showed the following in the subject line of = the reply: Email has different SMTP TO: and MIME TO: fields in the email addresses What would cause this and how do I fix it. --____GMOXIFCWFOFOIQBSFIWX____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____FZVTKUGIFBZVTSVSHFID____" --____FZVTKUGIFBZVTSVSHFID____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 29 Nov 2006 03:18:04 -0800" <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-15= "> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1578" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD> <BODY style=3D"MARGIN: 4px 4px 1px; FONT: 12pt Times New Roman"> <DIV>We created an External Domain PO and added users to the PO.&nbsp; W...

HMC Domain SMTP Email Address
We have setup HMC3.5 primarily for Hosted Exchange.  When using the provisioning web site and deploying a new reseller / company, enabling Hosted Exchange for the company and creating a mail box for a user, that user is also given a SMTP email address for the default hosting domain name HMC was setup under.E.g. user1@company.com also has a SMTP email address of User1.company.com@HOSTEDCOMPANY.COM. Two questions:1) Are these SMTP email addresses that are automatically created  required. If we delete one of the SMTP email addresses from Active Directory will it break anything e....

sending to email addresses @email.com
Hello, I am experiencing strange errors.. but only on one particular email suffix i can email any address but as soon as i get xxxxx@email.com i get an error any one had the same error ? Thanks When do you get the error? What does the error say?-- Mike PopeASP.NET User EducationThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Is it possible that you are banned or on some kind of spammer list for them?...

getting domain address from email address
I need to get the domain only portion of the email address in a textbox.  How do you trim all from the left of a specified character, john@yahoo.com to result in yahoo.com? Thank you Dim domainName As String = "john@yahoo.com"domainName = Right(domainName, Len(domainName) - InStr(domainName, "@")) Response.Write(domainName)--------------------------------------------------------Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post(s) that helped you.NHibernate with ASP.net Problem-Design-Solution sample applicationScott ASP.net blog...

GroupWise Munges INET email address? -- was Re: External foreign domain & internet addressing questions
** REPOSTING AS NEW THREAD ** [Additional note: I'm not sure if this bug fix is referring to this same issue - any comments? "fgwia64f.exe 4/10/2003 1) GWIA changes host name of some internet email addresses. (333236)" and the referenced bug is listed at http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10081003.htm . Sorry to skip back in on an old thread; it gets more curious/serious. The more serious problem is that, after a third-generation reply (see below for explanation), GroupWise munges the internet email address - *but* - the GWIA can still d...

Insert Email Address as a Link When Composing and Email Address
I see how to insert links to url's when I composw emails in Mozilla 1.6. I can't figure out how to insert an email address which will allow the recipient the option of composing a message to the inserted address without copying and pasting. Is it possible? Thanks, John John Baum wrote: >I see how to insert links to url's when I composw emails in Mozilla 1.6. I can't figure out how to insert an email address which will allow the recipient the option of composing a message to the inserted address without copying and pasting. Is it possible? > > I thoug...

A problem to send email using Smtp
I have a proble to send an email from asp.net I do the following code to send an email: MailMessage mail=new MailMessage(); mail.From="test@server.com"; mail.To="myemailaddress@server.com"; mail.BodyFormat=MailFormat.Html; mail.Subject="testing..."; mail.Body="cool"; SmtpMail.SmtpServer="localhost"; SmtpMail.Send(mail); But I dont' receive an email when I use this method. Why is that? How can I send an email? Thanks in advance! check and see if.. -your client-side code has no errors -you imported the S...

replying to email
Netware 6 sp 5 Groupwise 6.5.6 Hi, I have a user that sent out a group email that was sent out to a Groupwise user and some external accounts. One of the outside recipients replied to the message using a 'reply all' on their (non Groupwise) email client. The cc: field used the username.domain.postoffice@orgname.org format instead of the usual username@orgname.org format. Error message: > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. > > Subject: RE: Our next meeting > Sent: 7/10/2006 5:50 PM > > The followin...

DNN only sending email to Domain email addresses
My DNN seems to be only sending email to email addresses within my domain name. i.e. support@mydomain.com etc... I've added the admin email account to my domain, my admin account uses this email account. Only bulk email to the domain name email addresses are getting email, only password reminders are being sent to domain name email addresses. I am using the Portal Store 6.4 and If I create a customer with a email address using my domain name this customer receives confirmation of his order. However if I create a customer with an email address such as someone@yahoo.com (using a rea...

SMTP? IMAP? Email address?
I'm moving from Netscape to Seamonkey, What's the seamonkey address? Do I use mozilla.org as my email address? Where do I sign up for a seamonkey email? What do I put in the SMTP? What about IMAP? How do I get my Netscape mail to download in seamonkey? Right now, Netscape has us using AOL in the SMTP/IMAP, but I want my mail to download in seamonkey. What do I put? FancyOne wrote: > I'm moving from Netscape to Seamonkey, What's the seamonkey address? Do > I use mozilla.org as my email address? Where do I sign up for a > seamonkey email? > Se...

Non existing email address cancels sending to other email addresses
Hello ppl.. My WebApp sends emails to a series of email addresses without any problem... the problem is that when i send a email to a series of email addresses which contains a non existing email account... the email doesn't go at all.. Do you know what's the problem and what can be the resolution? Thanks in advance Bracoute How are you running the email process? Is it running in multiple threads so that more than 1 is sending at a time? If not, this should take care of that. Perhaps checking the email addresses for validation before allowing them to be entered into the databas...

how to get smtp email address
Hi All, I use the AddressEntries property of outlook to get the Global distribution list details of MS Outlook, ole_namespace = ole_outlook.GetNameSpace("MAPI") ole_folder = ole_namespace.AddressLists ole_subfolder = ole_folder.Item("Global Address List") ole1 = ole_subfolder.AddressEntries ////Get the number of items in the folder ll_limit = ole1.Count For li_loop = 1 To ll_limit ole2 = ole1.Item(li_loop) ls_name = String(ole2.Name) ls_address = String(ole2.Type) //Display the subject and body of the mail message MessageBox(&q...

new data type: email address. validating email addresses at the database
Recently we had a problem where a bunch of email communications were not sent by our application because one email address, in the group, was not a valid email address. We develop in PB. The email message and email addresses are sent in batch to a black box which handles the details. In this instance, the message did not go out to any recepients because one email address was not valid. I was wondering if we might need a new email address data type? We would then not be able to save invalid email addresses to the database. Also, until we see the email address data type, an...

Changing email address
I have read this: A.8.1. How do I change my user name (email address) in Bugzilla? New in 2.16 - go to the Account section of the Preferences. You will be emailed at both addresses for confirmation. ref: http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/2.20/html/faq.html#faq-use-changeaddress To anyone who has done this, do ALL bug entries with old email address get changed to new email address in the cc-list field when you change account email details? To put it another way cc-list displays email addresses but internally is it actually a pointer to my account identity that is shown? ...

EMail address removed from address book remains when I send EMail to a list
I don't understand why I can't remove an EMail address from a mailing list. An address I removed from a mailing list remains when I send EMail to a list. Consequently unwanted mail is sent and I receive bounce messages in return - - since it is no longer valid. What is required to remove an entry from a mailing list and rely that it won't be included as if I had not removed it? -- Regards, TOM BLACKWELL TOM BLACKWELL wrote: > > I don't understand why I can't remove an EMail address from a mailing list. > > An ad...

Email pointer to forward all email to another email address
Microsoft Exchange calls it a Email pointer when you want to automatically re-route emails from one email address to another email address (maintaining all received/sent from/to contact information). How is this done in GroupWise? WITHOUT using a RULE that does not maintain received from information. Wendy, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebas...

setting outgoing email format by email address not domain
TB 2.0.0.16 Win XP Pro SP2 Linux Mandriva 2008 Hi, Some of my contacts use 2 email addresses (don't ask me why.) I have set the format to "html" inside of their Contact card in Address book, but that only picks up the primary email address of that person. (Surely, a bug in TB that I should file as soon as I can.) In the meantime, since I cannot use the domain name of this person (would be too large an exception) are there any workarounds being that there seems to be no pattern as to which is his primary and secondary? (i.e. a workaround that would recogniz...

groupwise address book will not update email address
I have an existing user that I would like to change the address book entry of. The address book had his Groupwise email address as the listed email address. I want to change this email address to the user's personal email address which is provided by his home ISP. However, when I make the change using either ConsoleOne of iManager the changes do not get updated in the address book. The user's groupwise email address is still listed for the user. When I make the change using ConsoleOne I am presented with a warning that states: ------------------------------------------...

Feedback form
------=_NextPart_000_0040_01C33B64.FEE08040 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable All, I am new to Perl, and as such has only started to look at some simple = commands, such as a guestbook email document. When on on page, I ask the user to complete an email field, when the = email is received, the email address is changed to say :- matty@hosting.123-reg.co.uk=20 instead of matty@xyz.co.uk for instance (not a real email account). The perl coded is :- #!/usr/bin/perl if ($ENV{'REQUEST_METHOD'} eq...

How to get failure Email address from SMTP.
Hello sir  I am using  smtpServer to Email. I  am sending Email to Multiple recipient.  Given below some sample of code.                    fMailMessage.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver", "smtp.gmail.com");                                     &...

SMTP being Added in front of email addresses
Hello, When some locations click on an email address, the groupwise client opens and adds a SMTP in front of the persons email address. The email then will not send. This only happens at some locations. Any idea what may cause this? Thanks, Neil Is Internet Addressing turned on at those locations? >>> <neilg@oilersfan.com> 11/17/2004 10:24:04 AM >>> Hello, When some locations click on an email address, the groupwise client opens and adds a SMTP in front of the persons email address. The email then will not send. This only happens at some loca...

SMTP problem with mutlitple email addresses
Hello, Did a test and found that when an user sends an email to multiple users, that if there is one bad address, that the email is rejected and none of the other users receive the mail. All or nothing problem. Only happens when you use the SMTP service. Thanks, Randy Sounds correct to me. -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee! All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Nov...

Web resources about - Instigating emails via SMTP alters the email address to - "SMTP:address@domain.com" - novell.groupwise.7x.clients