Groupwise 5.5 client connectivity with Groupwise 7 server?

Anyone know if a Groupwise 5.5 client can connect with a Groupwise 7 server?

John
9/3/2008 1:13:13 AM
novell.groupwise.7x.clients 10530 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yeah it should work fine. It may keep asking you if you want to update
the client though. That can be disabled in a config file though

--
Dave Wiseman,
...The One And Only...:cool:

0
dwiseman2
9/3/2008 1:46:02 AM
Any idea which config file that is?

Thanks!

"dwiseman2" <dwiseman2@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message

> Yeah it should work fine. It may keep asking you if you want to update
> the client though. That can be disabled in a config file though
>

> --
> Dave Wiseman,
> ..The One And Only...:cool:
> Sydney, NSW, Australia
> dwiseman2's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=14607
> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=342193

0
John
9/3/2008 1:55:23 AM
In the software distribution directory>client>win32>software.inf

You need to modify the build number to 0. This tricks it into thinking
you have a newer client then you really have. The PO needs to be pointed
to that software distribution directory though.

Dave

--
Dave Wiseman,
...The One And Only...:cool:
Sydney, NSW, Australia
dwiseman2's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=14607
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=342193

0
dwiseman2

groupwise 5.5 server groupwise 5.5 client multipule mails
i have a user that is getting the same e-mail from a cient she has. she's getting socres of the same e-mail. i made her logout of groupwise. i also see other mail disappear as this multipule e-mails come in. anyway i can stop this. this client's e-mail address is legit. I don't want her mailbox to crash please help regards, harry Harryste, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following opti...

Groupwise 6.5 client with Groupwise 5.5 server?
Is it possible to run Groupwise 6.5 clients with Groupwise 5.5 server? Reason why I'm asking is that there are 160 clients and I'd rather install Groupwise 6.5 client first then upgrade the Groupwise 5.5 server to Groupwise 6.5. Thanks Sorry, but no. It does however works the other way around -- Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen IT Quality A/S Denmark Novell Support Forums SYSOP Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB Be a GroupWiseR...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 server clients
I have a bit of problem and not sure which way I should tackle this one. I have 2 x Netware 4.11 servers, which will be upgraded to Netware 6.5 and one of these servers have Groupwise 5.5 which will be upgraded to Groupwise 6.5. The one server is being used for Groupwise archiving and currently setup for UNC for archiving, i.e. p:\\ab_hp, on this server I was planning on using the migration wizard as this server also holds the user data. On the 2nd server which Groupwise is running and the clients are configured for tcp/ip connectivity to the groupwise system. This server only hold...

groupwise client 5.5 and groupwise 7
Hi, One of out customer has Novell Groupwise 5.5 and groupwise clients 5.5. We would like to do an upgrade to groupwise 7.0 SP1. Is it possible to connect to groupwise 7.01 post office with groupwise client 5.5 ? Any other ideas and tips ? Best regards Roman Lenarsic Roman, yep, see http://www.novell.com/documentation/gw7/gw7_install/data/a4dx2sf.html Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so. ...

GroupWise 5.5.5 client to GroupWise 6.5 System?
Will a GroupWise 5.5.5 client attach to a GroupWise 6.5 server okay for a temporary period of time? IT Staff will need time to update all of the clients manually. Want to make sure there will be no immediate loss of function after we upgrade GroupWise 5.5.5 to 6.5... THANKS! should be ok order of upgrade pri domain other domains/post offices clients gateways -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Nov...

groupwise 7 client working with groupwise server 6.5 ?
Hi all, Can anyone tell me if its possible to use the Groupwise 7 client with groupwise 6.5 backend? If someone could point me to an article which outlines the issues that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, MrB Hi, a newer client will never talk to a old system! Walter >>> On Sunday, 14. May 2006 at 08:04, in message <3Mz9g.1448$3j4.1183@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, <Mrbrown66@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > Can anyone tell me if its possible to use the Groupwise 7 client with > groupwise 6.5 backend? If someone could point me...

Groupwise client 5.5.5
I run a call centre and all telephonists have a GroupWise account. We use Client 5.5.5 on Windows95 relB When some telephonists open GroupWise they are prompted for the IP address of the server and once that is entered they are prompted for the Mail Profile. It works something like this UserA logs onto computerA and is prompted UserA logs onto computerB and is not prompted UserB logs onto computerA and is not prompted UserB logs onto computerB and is not prompted The problem will occur each time UserA logs onto computerA, but not when they log onto other computers. Any su...

GroupWise 5.5.5 Client
We have just had a user report that they are getting another users sent mail showing in their sent mail items. This is of course of great concern to all who know about this. The user getting the extra sent mail is using the 5.5.5 client on W2K, the other user is using the 5.5.5 client on Win95. Neither user has used the others computer. Any ideas? -- Blinky Bill I don't Suffer from insanity, I enjoy it Hi, Blinky Bill wrote: > > We have just had a user report that they are getting another users sent > mail showing in their sent mail items. Check t...

Groupwise 5.5 SP4 password only for groupwise client, not POP3 or IMAP
L.S. In a Netware 4.2 SP9, Groupwise 5.5 SP4 system, the need for IMAP access has appeared. Users have a groupwise password set up and this password works from a Groupwise client. (Logged in (Novell) as Admin, starting groupwise with the /@U-? switch I can log in to the mailbox of thomas with his password). Using POP3 of IMAP, login fails. My IMAP session: A001 LOGIN user password A001 NO LOGIN ffff Invalid Password The GWIA logs a succesfull login to the POA (Client/Server) The GWPOA logs a "728 Error: general failure (FFFF)" I've seen a lot of posts, bu...

Can you use the Groupwise 5.5 client against a 6.5 Server?
Yes. Of course you'll lose all the new functionality of 6.5 . . . Ted Kumsher >>> <jdrawert@tsrh.org> 1/14/2004 1:31:47 PM >>> --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Yes...but... you will get error messages on the client. As far as I remember, these = are cosmetic. >>> <jdrawert@tsrh.org> 1/14/2004 11:31:47 AM >>> --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGES...

Groupwise 5.5 to groupwise 6.5 migration on new server
I have an existing Netware 4.11 / Groupwise 5.5 server that I wish to move to a new server. I'm planning on running the novell migration utility that will migrate all user data to the new server along with the groupwise data files. But do I simply install Groupwise 6.5 and the install will upgrade the 5.5 database to 6.5 or do I need to move the groupwise data then install 5.5 on the new server and finally install 6.5 on the new server? Thanks Upgrade first, make sure it is all good and then do the move. This way your not fighting 2 fires when things go wrong. Ch...

GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5

groupwise 5.5 mail issue gwia out using non groupwise client
It's me again can anyone recommend a groupwise guru. that can help me. I'll even pay a fee. regards, anthony Well you can go for the best....www.caledonia.net -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee! All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless specifically identified as such. Novell does not officially monitor these forums. Enhancement requests f...

Groupwise 7 SP1 client, dutch. Groupwise 7 SP1 backend running on netware 5.1 SP8
Groupwise 7 SP1 client, dutch. Groupwise 7 SP1 backend running on netware 5.1 SP8 When I create a posted appointment which is an all day event, and select bezet (busy) it does not show as busy (grey) in the calendar. It shows as white. When I try to change the posted appointment to free (vrij), tentative (voorlopig) or out of office (niet op kantoor) and repost the message the changes are not applied and the appointment remains busy. When I change the posted message to a sent appointment the display is correct. There seems to be an issue with posted appointments (and dutch clients ?...

Web resources about - Groupwise 5.5 client connectivity with Groupwise 7 server? - novell.groupwise.7x.clients

TE Connectivity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TE Connectivity Ltd. designs and manufactures connectivity and sensor solutions for a variety of industries including automotive, industrial ...

Mark Zuckerberg Goes Into Detail On Facebook Connectivity Lab, Internet.org
Perhaps Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is just a wee bit excited about the Connectivity Lab , the initiative aimed at using high-altitude ...

The power of connectivity
By Keven McCammon, site data center manager, Facebook Forest City Data Center Today we announced that we’re partnering with the Town of Forest ...

Facebook, Internet.org launch Connectivity Lab
... CEO Mark Zuckerberg shed some light on the company’s acquisition of drone-maker Titan Aerospace, announcing the launch of Facebook’s Connectivity ...

Samsung Galaxy S3: Connectivity demo - USB OTG, MHL, bluetooth keyboards/mice, games controllers - YouTube ...
AndroidNZ.net - the best source for Galaxy S3 content! For navigation in the video use these links: USB Pendrive @0:55, 500GB portable drive ...

Mid-2012 MacBook Airs offer improved performance and connectivity
Believe it or not, it's been nearly four and a half years since Apple released the original MacBook Air. At the time, it was revolutionary in ...

Connectivity is key in society
They’re billing it as the place where Lewisham meets Summer Hill meets the city – and with good reason.

BMW to launch new connectivity service
Soon your car will notify the dealer when it’s due for a service. BMW Australia will introduce a new suite of in-car connectivity apps in its ...

The key to a successful hybrid cloud infrastructure? Flexible connectivity
It's becoming increasingly clear that - for most organisations - taking a 'hybrid' approach to cloud adoption makes sound business sense.

Facebook Connectivity Lab promotes access to Internet in remote areas - CTV News
Facebook is giving more details about its effort to connect remote parts of the world to the Internet - and it involves drones, lasers and satellites. ...