Deleted items not deleting

We are running GW 7.0.1 W2K3 server agents and 7.0.1 workstation clients.
Some users have thousands of items in their trash and other folders within
their account.

The problem is when you select all the messages and delete them, they don't
actually delete.  They stay in the users client.  An expire/reduce doesn't
do anything either.  We also tried setting up in consoleone under
groupwise>client>environment>cleanup -- the clients to automatically delete
items and that didnt' work either.  Does anyone have any suggestions???
0
Will
9/18/2006 2:15:35 PM
novell.groupwise.7x.clients 10530 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Will,

i will try to run a GW check repair/maintenance, but it could also just
be a "view" issue.
If you right click in the folder and select properties/View, do you have
selected the "received items" only?
--
Cat
NSC Volunteer Sysop

We will also want to check your 'Smart Purge' setting.

This option makes sure that email has been 'backed up' or 'archived' =
before we allow it to be deleted.   Meaning that even though the user has =
'purged' or emptied their trash, the item will stay in their trash until =
the administrator has successfully backed this item up or archived it.

Then the item will automatically be removed/purged.

Dean Lythgoe
GroupWise Engineering

>>> Caterina Luppi<cat@not-here.com> 9/18/2006 11:46 AM >>>
Will,

i will try to run a GW check repair/maintenance, but it could also just=20
be a "view" issue.
If you right click in the folder and select properties/View, do you =
have=20
selected the "received items" only?
--=20
Cat