Client send a new email that can't be replied to

I've got a client that is send a new email that looks like the box you
get when you are replying to an email.

All of the icons are on the right side.  If you click reply, it opens a
box that now will let you actually reply.

I've reset the client on the machine, I've reset the client options,
I've rebuilt the indexes, but it doesn't seem to fix the problem.

This also effects the full text search.  The user can only search
several years ago in full text.  Searching on a name yields all the
results that the full text search doesn't.

I've attached a capture.

Any thoughts?

John

|Filename: ivyemail.pdf                                                |
|Download: http://forums.novell.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4305   |

jwozniak818

jwozniak818
4/21/2010 8:46:01 PM
novell.groupwise.7x.clients 10530 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 20:46:01 +0000, jwozniak818 wrote:

> I've got a client that is send a new email that looks like the box you
> get when you are replying to an email.
>
> All of the icons are on the right side.  If you click reply, it opens a
> box that now will let you actually reply.

Is this user in online or caching mode?  If caching, try recopying the
views to his/her machine.

If online, does the client have any custom views defined?  If so, get rid
of them.

--
Joe Marton
Novell Knowledge Partner

--
bdup
bdup's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=49917

0
bdup
4/22/2010 6:06:02 PM
bdup;1965653 Wrote:
> I know this is going to sound strange, but I have seen this with some of
> my users. It all has to do with the size of the window. Check to see if
> the GW window box is maximized. If so, un-maximize the window, and put
> the arrow on either the top or bottom where you can drag it and make the
> box larger.  Hope this make sense.
> Bud

Didn't sound strange at all and it was something I looked at.  The
client was running in Online mode by the way.

I ended up removing the client from the workstation, making sure that
all the files were removed and then went through and deleted any
registry entries.  I then reinstalled the client.  That was this morning
and so far so good.

--
jwozniak818
jwozniak818's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=83831
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=408387

0
jwozniak818
4/22/2010 8:36:01 PM
Not sure if you have heard of Cleanit or not, but it's a great tool for
cleaning the registry of GroupWise after a uninstall. You can get it
here: 'CleanIt | Messaging Architects'
(http://www.messagingarchitects.com/products/free-gw-tools/email-essentials/cleanit/cleanit-free-download.html).

Saves you time from manually going through the registy and removing GW
entries.

Bud