Client login slow on 7 client

In the last few days, we have experienced slow login to Groupwise using th
7.0 client.  The web access works fine and 6.5 clients seem to login
fine.  It is only the 7.0 client.  We installed SP1 for the client and it
did not reslove the problem.  The server had not changed and the poa/mta
etc had not changed.  Disk space on the server is fine.  It can take up to
6 minutes for the client to login.  We are on a LAN that is all local.
subnet does not matter (same subnet as the mail server or different).
Systems are running XP and 2000.  Server has been restarted.
0
jwm
7/31/2006 2:26:40 PM
novell.groupwise.7x.clients 10530 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Do you have a restore area set that is no longer accessible to the
clients/POA ?, that seems to slow it right down

Cheers Dave

--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

> Do you have a restore area set that is no longer accessible to the
> clients/POA ?, that seems to slow it right down
>
> Cheers Dave
>

> --
> Dave Parkes [NSCS]
> Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

0
jwm
7/31/2006 5:31:16 PM
Thanks Also Dave, you helped me solve a simular problem.  The restore area
was set the path was correct, but the users did not have access to the tree
or server holding the restore point (We always had to initiate the restore.
Removed the Restore Area paths and hey presto a 20-30 second speed up!!!

Jayne

<xn0epds7p4wf15000@support-forums.novell.com>, Dave
Parkes<Dave@Norgren.co.uk> wrote:
> Do you have a restore area set that is no longer accessible to the
> clients/POA ?, that seems to slow it right down
>
> Cheers Dave

0
Jayne