client install error #2

When I install GW7SP2 client on an XP SP2 machine, I am getting error
"gxmim1.dll failed to register".

Do I have to be concern with the error message or I should reinstall?

Thanks
Gina

0
Gina
5/25/2007 5:22:59 PM
novell.groupwise.7x.clients 10530 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I get this all the time.  Wreaks havouc on the scripted install....
Actually there are a few .DLL's that don't register.

0
alyeska
5/25/2007 6:17:59 PM
Gina,

try registering it manually with regsvr32.

Uwe

--
Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.

0
Alyeska
5/25/2007 7:44:33 PM
* Alyeska,

if you can use a snapshot install, do that. The MSI is a complete mess.

Uwe

--
Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0
Uwe

Groupwise Client Install #2
Can I install the groupwise 7 client but not upgrade the backend that is groupwise 6.5 sp5? Thank you for this basic info that I could not find in the documentation for client requirmenets. Henry Nope, client has to be <= server for the major version number, 6.0, 6.5, 7.0. Service pack version client can be higher, a 6.5.4 client can get at a 6.5.1 server, but not a 7.0 server. Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ ...

Groupwise Client Install Error
I am trying to install GroupWise 7 Client on a user workstation that is an XP SP2 machine. As soon as I start the setup it gives me a "Error_Invalid_Handle" message. The client continues to install but when you try to run the client nothing happens. I am able to install the GroupWise 6.5 sp4 client without a problem and it functions. Tried un-installing , rebooting and re-installing the client and still have the same result. I checked in Process and nothig GroupWise related is running. Please advise. You must first run isscript1050.msi from the Win32 fol...

NW client causing Groupwise client install failure?
If GW software distribution folder is on NW server with traditional volume and WS is formatted with FAT32, install will fail with "cannot load packing.lst" error Server is NW 6 sp3 or NW 6.5 sp1 client is 4.83 sp2 or sp3 or 4.9 sp1 Workstation is Win XP sp1 Install will complete if either GW software distribution folder is moved to NSS volume, run off of CD, run through M$ share or WS is formatted NTFS. Any suggestions for client settings to resolve this situation? TIA, Russ Russ We ran into this same issue. Take a look at http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/s...

Groupwise silent client install. #2
Hi. (sorry for the double post) We've been having this problem to get the GW client 6.5.4 silent to the workstations. We created an application that silent install the ntwms with the /Q option, that works fine, but if we try to setup the GW client to the workstation with the -si option, setup want's to reboot after upgrading the workstation. Once the workstation reboots the installation goes further silent, but i don't want to reboot the workstation after installing groupwise ntwms installation. We also edit the setup.cfg file but it didn't make any diffrenc...

iPrint client install error #2
On one IBM laptop with NetWare client v4.91 installed. Tried to install the iPrint client v04.20, I got the following error message: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. Error Group=windows Code=997 I make sure all programs are closed but still get the above message. Has anyone encountered the same problem before? Thanks NWadmin Newgwadmin, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:...

GroupWise Client bug? Client shuts down with event log error
We may have found a bug, and I do not know where to report it, so I'll try here. Server: Netware 6.0 Agents: GroupWise 7.01 Client OS: Windows XP Pro SP2 Client: GroupWise 7.01 IR1 (Build 553) This error can be reproduced every time. The user has the GW client and Notify running. The user is opening and reviewing/modifying document profiles. While the user has a document profile (properties) open, Notify pops up with a new message. The user Clicks on "Read" and reads the message (the profile is still open). The user replies to the message and clicks on s...

GroupWise 5.2 Client error
I installed GroupWise 5.2 client on my workstation (windows XP) from the CD and this is the error i get: GroupWise is not properly installed. The GroupWise components can not be initialized. Please run GroupWise Setup, or contact your system administrator.. ----- What should i do? Is there a manual i can reffer to? please help! Download winntwms.exe from support.nvoell.com and install that. Reboot, and then retry Please realize the last operating system tested with GW 5.2 was Windows 98 -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (ht...

This is the error I get from a w2ksp3 all patched up workstation with NWclient 4.91sp2 and VPN client 3.8.9. NMAS is the auth method and the nmas client was install with the nwclient install. Attache
This is the error I get from a w2ksp3 all patched up workstation with NWclient 4.91sp2 and VPN client 3.8.9. NMAS is the auth method and the nmas client was install with the nwclient install. Attached are the error mesage and the vpnstat file. If i rmove and reinstall using the nmas from vpnclient, I am not able to chose nmas as a login method. This was a fresh blow away, reload of the workstation. In the past, I have installed nmas from the vpnclient on XP and this worked. Anyone else have this problem? thks Here is the exact error that comes up: An error was reported by...

Windows Client Install, Error installing NICI. Error Code: -3
This is a Windows 2003 server. I was just trying to re-install the Novell Client and can't seem to get past this NICI issue. I tried Client 4.91 SP5 and Client 4.91 SP5 IR1. No success searching TIDs, any ideas? Thanks, Marc Resolved by un-installing Client, then deleting files in: C:\WINDOWS\system32\novell\nici Solved error by deleting folders: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\novell\nici\" To do so: 0- Login as domain user "Administrator" with no Novell login. 1- Right-click "nici\SUBFOLDER1" folder and select Properties 2- Choose "Sec...

Slow login into Windows GroupWise Client without Netware Client installed
Hi, Customers GroupWise version is GroupWise 7.02HP1a with GroupWise 702 Agent Hot Patch 2 Rev 1 SP2 installed on a Netware 6.5 SP6 Server. The users don't have access to the Netware filesystem (no Netware cient, cifs or anything else). The login needs nearly a minute after entering the login credentials. I tried to remove the sdd - same problem. Although I know GroupWise 7 supports a restore area without direct file access I removed the postoffice from the member list of the restore area - same problem. Maybe I have to reboot the poa after doing that? I cross-checked wi...

Another Groupwise Windows Client installation error
I am trying to install the GW 7 client on an XP SP2 desktop that previously had Microsoft Outlook 2003 as its primary email client. If I install Groupwise on this machine, it installs fine but the Address Book does not function properly. On another machine this problem was fixed by uninstalling Groupwise, uninstalling Outlook, rebooting, and reinstalling Groupwise. In this case however, if Outlook is missing I cannot install GW 7, it keeps showing a bunch of dll errors and I also see this message: failed to extract file 'NewBinary19' from the binary table. How can I fix ...

Installing 11.9.2 client error..
when I try to install the 11.9.2 client, I get this fatal error: "Could not load the 3D dialog DLL." I can't find any reference to this is the support section. If anyone has an idea please reply, or email me directly at erics@arconsultinginc.com. Thanks... ~Eric this is on Winnt 4.0 SP 5. If I should put this in a different newsgroup, please tell me. Thanks, ~Eric Yep, you guessed it. This is the wrong newgroup. Try one of the ASE newsgroups insetad. Jonathan -- Jonathan Baker Internet Applications Division Sybase, Inc. <Eric_Str...

Error 1935 when installing GroupWise 7 Client
I downloaded GroupWise 7 Client and I got an error when installing. The error message says : Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly. Thanks, Martin --____FXFIZVXQBFXEONSXDFRI____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 29 Jun 2006 06:10:56 -0600" I have seen this error on machines with spyware blockers that conflict = with the install. Do you have any other programs running that might cause = a problem? Corey Sellers GroupWise D...

Citrix Server GroupWise 7 Client Install Error
--____CXQLWGPVGBPJWOZVZCRH____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Tue, 6 Mar 2006 05:29:27 -0600" When attempting to install the GroupWise 7 Client on a Citrix server keep = getting an "Invalid Drive C:\" error. On this server I don't have a C: = drive early on it was converted to M: by the Citrix server install. =20 I have tried several listed resolutions from Install Shield but none have = worked. I am able to install the GroupWise 6.5.4 client witho...

Web resources about - client install error #2 - novell.groupwise.7x.clients

Can Facebook Advertisers Test Mobile App Install Ads On Their Devices?
Some Facebook advertisers are now able to preview their mobile application install ads directly on their mobile devices, complete with active ...

New Features to Mobile App Install Ads
Today we are happy to announce some updates to mobile app install ads to improve the experience people and developers have when viewing and creating ...

Facebook tries new designs for mobile page-Like and app install ads
Facebook began testing new designs for its mobile app install ads and page post ads this weekend. Following an update for Facebook for iOS, ...

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Drives Installs of Star Wars Apps
... Wars: The Force Awakens in theaters on downloads of Star Wars-themed apps on iOS and Android. AppsFlyer analyzed over one million app installs ...

Google is enabling Android app installs from search results
Google may be simplifying the way Android users install apps on their devices. Some users have reportedly been able to install new apps directly ...

How to install iOS 9.3 and get Night Shift on your iPhone without a developer account
... as earth-shattering either, but there's little question that they have users excited. And as has been the case in the past, you can install ...

Atelier 37.2 installs wooden bathroom inside Paris apartment
Paris studio Atelier 37.2 has added a multifaceted wooden volume to an apartment in the French capital to house two shower rooms

Android users will be able to install apps directly from search
... for apps on their respective mobile platforms, the main results appear on top inside their own panels. That makes them easy enough to install, ...