Maximum number of inbound connections (40) reached.

Is there any reason I wouldn't want to increase the Maximum number of
inbound connections to 60 or 80? Quite often my MTA displays this
message. The server is a dual P4 3 Ghz machine and has 1197MB of
available memory. It's CPU utilization is often below 10%. I would think
I'd be safe to increase that number but for some reason I remember
reading that 40 is set as the Max for a good reason.
0
jfmoots
3/8/2007 12:53:46 PM
novell.groupwise.7x.agents 2468 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Go ahead and bump it.

<jfmoots@marysville.k12.oh.us> wrote in message
> Is there any reason I wouldn't want to increase the Maximum number of
> inbound connections to 60 or 80? Quite often my MTA displays this
> message. The server is a dual P4 3 Ghz machine and has 1197MB of
> available memory. It's CPU utilization is often below 10%. I would think
> I'd be safe to increase that number but for some reason I remember
> reading that 40 is set as the Max for a good reason.

0
Michael
3/8/2007 6:57:57 PM
That sounds like a dare. :)