Webaccess 5.5 to 6.5 Speed

Has anyone seen an increase in speed of Webaccess after upgrading from
5.5
to 6.5 over dial up?  Our 5.5. webaccess is too slow and unfortunately

recommendations from the TID's didn't help.  We are looking to upgrade
our
mail system and I want to get feedback

Thanks in advance.

Chris

0
Chris
10/16/2003 2:32:21 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.web-access 3846 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Chris wrote:

> Has anyone seen an increase in speed of Webaccess after upgrading
from 5.5
> to 6.5 over dial up?  Our 5.5. webaccess is too slow and
unfortunately
> recommendations from the TID's didn't help.  We are looking to
upgrade our
> mail system and I want to get feedback

If you are referring to 5.5 and not the 5.5 *Enhancement Pack*, then
YES,
you should see significant performance improvemnet with 6.0 and 6.5
webaccess.

The old 5.5 version is CGI-based and quite horrible over dialup. From
5.5 EP
onward it became Java servlet-based, and while Java sometimes gets a
bad rap
as a poor performer in client GUI apps, WebAccess really performs well
with
it.

--
Jim
NSC Sysop

0
Jim
10/16/2003 4:44:43 PM
Thanks Jim,

Appreciate the feedback.

Chris

"Jim Michael" <jkmichael@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> Chris wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone seen an increase in speed of Webaccess after upgrading
from
5.5
> > to 6.5 over dial up?  Our 5.5. webaccess is too slow and
unfortunately
> > recommendations from the TID's didn't help.  We are looking to
upgrade
our
> > mail system and I want to get feedback
>
> If you are referring to 5.5 and not the 5.5 *Enhancement Pack*, then
YES,
> you should see significant performance improvemnet with 6.0 and 6.5
> webaccess.
>
> The old 5.5 version is CGI-based and quite horrible over dialup.
From 5.5
EP
> onward it became Java servlet-based, and while Java sometimes gets a
bad
rap
> as a poor performer in client GUI apps, WebAccess really performs
well
with
> it.
>
> --
> Jim
> NSC Sysop

0
Chris

GroupWise 6.5 WebAccess and GroupWise 5.5
Greetings, We are in the middle of upgrading our GroupWise from 5.5 to 6.5.1. The old version of the Webaccess will not access 6.5 databases so we have two versions on Webaccess installed on two different servers (one is a 4.11 and the new one is 5.1). 1. Is it possible to make the new version of Webaccess work with the 5.5 databases? I know it looks like you should be able to do this but has anyone actually done it? 2. Also could you run the Webaccess twice on the same server, one to access the 6.5 POAs and one for 5.5, if you use a different port? 3. If this will w...

Webaccess 6.5 with GroupWise 5.5?
Is it possible to install Webaccess 6.5 but still use GroupWise 5.5 PO/MTA ? Thank you. Supposedly it is possible. Why would you want to? Feel free to email me anytime, Chris ...

Groupwise webaccess (6.5) and Groupwise 5.5.4
Dear All, We still using GW 5.5.4 and hoping to upgrade to GW 6.5 early next year. One of the first things we have been asked to do (by the MAnagers) is to get Webaccess working. Will 6.5 Webaccess work with the GW 5.5.4 MTA/POA's - i.e Can we get away with installing Webaccess first and then migrating the MTA/POAs ? Will there be a client functionality difference between 5.5. webaccess and 6.5. I know there was no proxy in 5.5 ?? Many Thanks for any help. Varuni CNE6 varuniw@hotmail.com wrote: > Will 6.5 Webaccess work with the GW 5.5.4 MTA/POA's - i....

GroupWise 5.5.5 under Netware 6.5
I have not been able to get my Groupwise snapins back since I upgraded my Groupwise server to Netware 6.5. Is there any way to do this? Recopy the snapins from the SDD Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ I got an error before, but this time it worked. Thanks. "Dave Parkes" <Dave@Norgren.co.uk> wrote in message news:MPG.1a495f6d48d9516ce6@support-forums.novell.com... > Recopy the snapins from the SDD > > Cheers Dave > > > -- > > Dave Parkes [NSCS] ...

Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5
I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any gotcha's or have any advice? LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of > any gotcha's or have any advice? Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or do at least a validate of the databases. If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia upgrade guide. -- Cheers, Edward ...

GroupWise 5.5.5 client to GroupWise 6.5 System?
Will a GroupWise 5.5.5 client attach to a GroupWise 6.5 server okay for a temporary period of time? IT Staff will need time to update all of the clients manually. Want to make sure there will be no immediate loss of function after we upgrade GroupWise 5.5.5 to 6.5... THANKS! should be ok order of upgrade pri domain other domains/post offices clients gateways -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Nov...

GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5

GroupWise 5.5, WebAccess and Netware 6.5
We are upgrading our servers from Netware 4.11 to 6.5. We are trying to get webaccess 5 to work under Netware 6.5 with Apache2 and Tomcat. We have the server set up, apache2 and tomcat seem to work fine (we can get to the netware 6.5 page from internet explorer). We install webaccess 5 with no errors and it loads up on our server with no problems. We then tried webaccess and the main page is still the netware 6.5 page, the webaccess page is not displaying. We copied and moved some files around and are able to get to a page where we select the language, we select English (only opti...

GroupWise 5.5 to 6.5
I have had a recent problem trying to upgrade a clients groupwise system (simple single domain and post office) from GroupWise 5.5 to 6. The post office refuses to upgrade to version 6 in Console1 etc. I've tried the upgrade 3 times and have has to revert the system back to 5.5 using backups). I've been through just about every TID possible and have decided to perhaps try approaching this from another direction. The client is willing to go straight to 6.5, so what I wanted to do, in simple terms, is move all their current users mailboxes and all their associated mail...

sccimg.nlm Abends with Groupwise webaccess 6.5.5 and 6.5.6 field release A
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040003000909050006000107 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Im experience some problems with Groupwise webaccess 6.5 SP5 & 6.5 SP6 Field test A. Sometimes de server abends on nlm sccimg.nlm (see abend.log). The server is a DL380G3 with hp agents and latest bios. Netware 6.0 SP5, eDirectory 8.7.3.3, apache webserver and tomcat 3.3. Does someone know how to resolve this problem? I think the nlm works better on netware 6.5. But Tomcat 4 and Groupwise...

Upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5
Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. Thanks Eric There is some reasonable documentation on how to do an upgrade at www.novell.com/documentation/lg/gw65 If you want the best and most comprehensive guide to how to upgrade and what might go wrong I would get the Upgrade guide from www.caledonia.net Tim On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:36:04 GMT, xeemxais@hotmail.com wrote: >Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise >6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. > >Th...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 #3
I have two Servers,Data(Primary) and Groupwise. Data Server was Migrated to NSBS 6.5 from Netware 5.0. Groupwise server is Netware 5.0 with Groupwise 5.5. What would be the best course to Upgrade Groupwise server to NSBS 6.5 and then Upgrade Groupwise to 6.5? I know I can not upgrade to NSBS 6.5 from Netware 5.0 and I wish to keep Groupwise Data intact. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks Leo Admin, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been ...

GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5 #2
I currently am using GroupWise 5.5e on a Novell 4.11 server . I want to go to GroupWise 6.5 on a Windows 2000 Server computer but I can not find any thing that tells me how to move or migrate the database.. Has anyone done this.. It's pretty much just a case of copying the domain and PO directories to Windows, running the Windows agent installs and changing paths in ConsoleOne - UNLESS you have external document storage locations for DMS -that needs some extra help. -- Danita Zanre Novell Volunteer Sysop www.caledonia.net/iris.html > It's pretty much just a cas...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade
I am preparing for a Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade and am asking if there are any recommended procedures or best practices I should be following. I have not been able to find much information on 5.5 to 6.5 upgrades. Any input would be appreciated. Thank-you. --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This may be purest voodoo, but the only problems I have encountered are = those of the databases not updating to the latest version after the = install. If you have your post -office set to clie...

Web resources about - Webaccess 5.5 to 6.5 Speed - novell.groupwise.6x.web-access

WebAccess i HD for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get WebAccess i HD on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Researcher Discloses Zero-Day Flaws in Advantech WebAccess
A researcher has published proof-of-concept (PoC) code for a total of seven zero-day vulnerabilities affecting Advantech’s WebAccess software. ...

A - Z Directory - Douglas College
The Communications and Marketing Office (CMO) is responsible for all Douglas College marketing and publicity campaigns, media relations, special ...

Saint Paul University
Saint Paul University

Wilfrid Laurier University
Founded in 1911, Laurier is a premier university and renowned for attracting students who want to succeed. Our Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Science, ...

Bshary Redouan
Université de Neuchâtel Faculté des sciences Institut de biologie Laboratoire d'éco-éthologie Personnel Bachelors Masters Faculté des sciences ...

Products & Services - Advantech
Advantech, with its Trusted ePlatform Services, provides solutions in the e-world computing and web-based automation fields. It has 450 plus ...

Watching Netflix Could Lead to Higher Cable Bills
Time Warner Cable Inc. and U.S. pay- TV companies, weighing how to profit from surging Internet demand spurred by Netflix Inc. and Hulu, are ...

BrainShare 2011
BrainShareTechnical Developer Conference

Buffalo - Resource Center - Performance Matters
Product Finder Downloads Forum Join The Herd Email Signup Change Region USA Buffalo Technology Search Buffalo Store Contact Partner Center About ...