Viewing MS Word Docs in Web Access

When I recieve an email with a MS Word document attached and try to view
it it comes out garbled. Where can I get the latest viewer files?
 Thanks Mike
0
mohmann
11/30/2004 7:03:23 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.web-access 3846 articles. 0 followers. Follow

mohmann@isd742.org wrote:
> When I recieve an email with a MS Word document attached and try to view
> it it comes out garbled. Where can I get the latest viewer files?

I doubt its your viewer files. First, on the server running gwinter.nlm,
try deleteing sys:sccopt.bin and sccfilt.bin, then restart gwinter. If
that doesn't work, tell me what you have in sys:system\cache on the same
server.

--
Jim
NSC SYsop

> mohmann@isd742.org wrote:
> > When I recieve an email with a MS Word document attached and try to
view
> > it it comes out garbled. Where can I get the latest viewer files?
>
> I doubt its your viewer files. First, on the server running gwinter.nlm,
> try deleteing sys:sccopt.bin and sccfilt.bin, then restart gwinter. If
> that doesn't work, tell me what you have in sys:system\cache on the same
> server.
>

> --
> Jim
> NSC SYsop

0
mohmann
11/30/2004 10:29:30 PM
SYS:Novell\WebAccess\users  ????

--
Best Regards

Tommy Mikkelsen

IT Quality A/S
Denmark

Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn
0
Tommy
11/30/2004 10:39:44 PM
mohmann@isd742.org wrote:
>  This did not solve the problem. The viewing MS Word files are still
> garbled. I could not find sys:\system\cache directory on the same server.

Hmm... definitely not normal. Assuming this *is* the server running
gwinter.nlm, you should have a sys:system\cache directory, but more
importantly, underneath that a \template directory containing
default.tpt, and perhaps a lanugage directory with a couple more.

Try creating sys:system\cache, then go to your GroupWise SDD and copy
the entire \internet\webacces\publish\template directory to
sys:system\cache, then restart gwinter.nlm.

> I noticed that sccopt.bin and sccfilt.bin were recreated when I restarted
> the server.

That's the expected result... sometimes they can get corrupted and need
to be recreated.

--
Jim
NSC SYsop

> mohmann@isd742.org wrote:
> >  This did not solve the problem. The viewing MS Word files are still
> > garbled. I could not find sys:\system\cache directory on the same
server.

> Hmm... definitely not normal. Assuming this *is* the server running
> gwinter.nlm, you should have a sys:system\cache directory, but more
> importantly, underneath that a \template directory containing
> default.tpt, and perhaps a lanugage directory with a couple more.
>
> Try creating sys:system\cache, then go to your GroupWise SDD and copy
> the entire \internet\webacces\publish\template directory to
> sys:system\cache, then restart gwinter.nlm.
>
> > I noticed that sccopt.bin and sccfilt.bin were recreated when I
restarted
> > the server.
>
> That's the expected result... sometimes they can get corrupted and need
> to be recreated.
>
> --
> Jim
> NSC SYsop

0
mohmann
12/1/2004 3:56:32 PM
mohmann@isd742.org wrote:
> We are not using document management. The problem is only when trying
> to "view" MS Word documents when using the Webaccess interface.

Yes, but they both use the exact same engine to do it...

 >I have
> created the sys:\system\cache directory and copied the entire /template
> directory from the Groupwise SDD to this directory. Restarted gwinter.nlm.
> This did not solve the problem. The viewing of MS Word files is still
> garbled.

Hmm... I'm at a loss, then.

--
Jim
NSC SYsop

> mohmann@isd742.org wrote:
> > We are not using document management. The problem is only when trying
> > to "view" MS Word documents when using the Webaccess interface.
>
> Yes, but they both use the exact same engine to do it...
>
>  >I have
> > created the sys:\system\cache directory and copied the
entire /template
> > directory from the Groupwise SDD to this directory. Restarted
gwinter.nlm.
> > This did not solve the problem. The viewing of MS Word files is still
> > garbled.
>
> Hmm... I'm at a loss, then.
>

> --
> Jim
> NSC SYsop

0
mohmann
12/1/2004 9:05:18 PM
mohmann@isd742.org wrote:
> Where can I obtain the latest viewer (scc* vs*) files?

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2968954.htm

But I would be shocked if they solved your problem. The problem you're
seeing is that the viewers aren't even being called to render... you're
seeing the bindary data of the word doc.

--
Jim
NSC SYsop

> mohmann@isd742.org wrote:
> > Where can I obtain the latest viewer (scc* vs*) files?
>
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2968954.htm
>
> But I would be shocked if they solved your problem. The problem you're
> seeing is that the viewers aren't even being called to render... you're
> seeing the bindary data of the word doc.
>

> --
> Jim
> NSC SYsop

0
mohmann
12/1/2004 10:25:36 PM
mohmann@isd742.org wrote:
> Any suggestions on the lock-ups?

Yeah, disable attachment viewing <g>. Seriously, the viewers are not
written by Novell but are licensed from a third party. The sad fact is
that the WIndows viewers are far more stable (and accurate) vs. their
NLM conterparts. So, if you *really* need realtime rendering (viewing)
(instead of doing what everyone else does and simply let the users
download the attachment), then put the gwinter on a windows box.

--
Jim
NSC SYsop

> mohmann@isd742.org wrote:
> > Any suggestions on the lock-ups?
>
> Yeah, disable attachment viewing <g>. Seriously, the viewers are not
> written by Novell but are licensed from a third party. The sad fact is
> that the WIndows viewers are far more stable (and accurate) vs. their
> NLM conterparts. So, if you *really* need realtime rendering (viewing)
> (instead of doing what everyone else does and simply let the users
> download the attachment), then put the gwinter on a windows box.
>

> --
> Jim
> NSC SYsop

0
mohmann

NetWare Web Access and GroupWise Web Access Interaction
NetWare Web Access is set up with NetStorage, GroupWise Mail, and Change Password gadgets. The GroupWise Mail gadget link brings up GroupWise Web Access (version 6) fine. When I click the Exit button in GroupWise Web Access within the NetWare Web Access frame, I am brought back to the GroupWise Web Access login page. How can I make the exit process close GroupWise Web Access and return me to the NetWare Web Access Home Page? : > How can I make the exit process close > GroupWise Web Access and return me to the NetWare Web Access Home Page? > I don't think y...

View WORD/.DOC attachments in web access
We just migrated our GroupWise server from NW51 to NW65 and new hardware. We are using GW 6.0.4. We had problems with Web Access so it had to be reinstalled. Now that we have it working users are unable to view .DOC attachments from WebAccess and what that means is when they view the attachment it will not open Word but rather just the GroupWise view window. I do more back end support so I am not sure this worked before but just trying to help find the client side answer. With so many complaints I am assuming this was fine before though. Thanks, Greg Greg, It appear...

Anonymous access to GroupWise Web Access for share calendar
Hi folks, Is there any reasonable secure way to use GroupWise Web Access (??or some other tool??) to post a shared calendar to the web for all anonymous users to view? -- Thanks, John jhansknecht <no spam> at hanstech .com --____LVVVNIVXMKDZWDZGVCPR____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Wed, 15 Aug 2006 04:36:34 -0500" GWExtranet from Messaging Architects. Not free. But very nice. >>> John<jhansknecht@hanstech.com> 08/15/2006 9:23 A...

Viewing an MS Access DB via the web
I have a site hosted on a Windows 2003 web server edition server using IIS 6.0 and on one of my pages i have a link to a MS Access database actually its linked to a MS Access data access page. When the page comes up the page is viewable but i get an error saying " Data Provider Could Not Be Initialized" once the errors are ok none of the query fields are usable. Im unsure what could be causing this but im pretty sure it has to do with ODBC. Please advise Phil    Do you actually have the provider (Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;) installed? Does the requesting user have NTFS...

Can GroupWise Web Access run without Enterprise web Server?
I have been battling Enterprise web server ever since I switched it to an internal server. I used to have Enterprise web server running on my Border Manager server now its on an internal web server running with IFolder and GroupWise access. Ifolder and GroupWise web access run fine but my web site shuts down all the time and I want to place it back onto my Border Manager server but do not want to move Web access or Ifolder. Can this be done and not affect Web access or IFolder? Very frustrated, ken@rlmrlm.com HAve you seen the TID's or threads in this group...

web web web

web access but no mail access
I al somewhat puzzled by my Internet access : with my Win Vista Home pc I only get page load errors but my email access works. However, with my XP pc bith work. Any idea where to look (or where to ask his kind of question ?) TIA Frank In <news:5pqdnZeQ8Pbq6CjUnZ2dnUVZ_j6WnZ2d@mozilla.org>, ftr <noname@invalid.org> wrote: > I al somewhat puzzled by my Internet access : with my Win Vista Home > pc I only get page load errors but my email access works. However, > with my XP pc bith work. Any idea where to look (or where to ask his > kind of question ?)...

Web Access and Desktop Access
Is it ok to access the same SQL Server Express database with a desktop app and a web app at the same time?  I believe it should be OK, though I've seen here some strange reports about some problems. IMHO it should be OK.Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. (Donald Knuth) Hi we can access both at the same time. But we have to create a two package because when it comes to desktop we will be usind windows authentication and when it comes to web app we will be cross checking the user access. Thanks Venky Hi, If the databas...

How to connect MS Access Database on Web Server with ASP.NET web site?
Hi,  I am creating an ASP.NET web site to get data from Access Database on web server for showing on the web page. How can I connect to the Database on the web server using web.config or .aspx file? Thank you and have a nice day.   Take a look at http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/default.aspxSelect your preferred language from the top right corner and then click on "Start the ASP.NET QuickStart Tutorial" When you're there, along the right side is a menu, in the middle section "Preview of ASP.NET 2.0" the sec...

Access GroupWise 6.5.1 Post Office through 6.0 Web Access?
Is this possible? thanks! I assume you are talking about GroupWise 6.0sp? WebAccess. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Sysop GroupWise 6.0, No service pack... "Timothy Leerhoff" <tleerhoffNO@SPAMqwest.net> wrote in message news:amS%b.5377$Mw6.2307@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > I assume you are talking about GroupWise 6.0sp? WebAccess. > > -- > Timothy Leerhoff > Principal Consultant > Independant Experts > Novell Support Forums Sysop Yes, it's like the client/age...

GroupWise Web Access
We have our own GW Webaccess server that can be accessed by our users from internally or externally without any problem. Unfortunately, I have a few users that are trying to access a GW WA server for a local university. The users always get the "Login not current" message when trying to login. The site is not being blocked by BM and all of the default ports for GW WA are open. We are running BM 3.8 SP3. ariggins@wcboe.org wrote: > Unfortunately, I have > a few users that are trying to access a GW WA server for a local > university. The users always ge...

Groupwise Web Access
Hi, I was having a problem with groupwise web access on my Open Enterprise server (netware 6.5), i installed web access and every time i try to access it on the defult port i cant get in Internet Exploder gives me a Page Not displayed thing. groupwise traditional access works fine also having a similar problem with netmail its a small internal server that im using for school, no outside IP address, DNS or internet access for that matter, just messing around for school trying different things can anyone help thx Ian Thomson Computer Security Student Fleming...

Groupwise Web Access
Been a while since I have done anything with Groupwise and I am at a loss. I had to reinstall the Groupwise Internet Agent and since then I have been unable to access Groupwise via the browser from anywhere outside of my network. We are connecting via nat and none of the firewall rules or ip addresses have changed. I do see one entry in the log files when a client from the outside tries to connect it shows the IP address and the following message. HTTP/1.1" 206 6182 any assistance would be appreciated. Scott --____CABRZIYGYVRPYOIDELCC____ Content-Type: text/plain; ch...

Accessing the PC database using a web-page and PowerBuilder 5.0 front-end and MS Access Database
I am trying to connect my web page, which is the standard HTML Explorier applet to my MS Access Database by way of PowerBuilder 5.0. I would like the steps and PowerBuilder Script to make this work. I was told that this is possible, but I don't know where to start, where to place the needed Script, and how to get the link on the web page to call up Powerbuilder to access the MS Access database. Help! You create a PB user object that has methods that do the access. You deploy that as a distributed PB component and then access it using Web.PB. Read more on distributed PB and...

Web resources about - Viewing MS Word Docs in Web Access - novell.groupwise.6x.web-access

Viewing (funeral) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A viewing may take place at the funeral parlor, in a family home or at a church or chapel prior to the actual funeral service. Some cultures, ...

Facebook Ads Manager Users Can Manually Select Dates When Viewing Potential Campaign Audiences
Users of Facebook’s Ads Manager can now manually select the dates when viewing their potential campaign audiences, rather than being restricted ...

New Facebook Messages Only Provides an Online Attachment Viewing Feature for Microsoft Docs
In another move highlighting Facebook’s strategic relationship with investor Microsoft, the company has given the established office software ...

Updates for viewing photos and videos
Today, we’re rolling out several enhancements that make it easier to view photos and videos on Twitter — in particular, on profiles and in search ...

AnnotDoc Lite, viewing MS Office doc and PDF with annotations for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about AnnotDoc Lite, viewing MS Office doc and PDF with annotations on the ...

Aurigid Meteor Shower Viewing - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
A 23-minute exposure. Tthe ghost-like images of other meteor gazers in the shot were not expected. A magical moment. :)

Jim Marrs - Remote Viewing Aliens and UFOs [BRILLIANT] - YouTube
Jim Marrs - Remote Viewing Aliens and UFOs. Remote viewing (RV) is the practice of seeking impressions about a distant or unseen target using ...

Nine wins as sport dominates Wednesday night TV viewing
Queensland's massacre of NSW in the State of Origin decider helped the Nine Network win metropolitan ratings on Wednesday night with 2.2 million ...

Fox's ticket to a closer Time Warner viewing?
The cash released from 21st Century Fox’s BSkyB deal will help any further efforts for a Time Warner bid, enabling measures to support Fox’s ...

Smart TVs provide new ways of viewing photography
The key to a ''smart'' TV is its ability to easily connect to the many forms of media pouring into our homes.