SSL to no SSL

Hi

I have install GW6.0.4 webaccess with SSL  and my question is.
Can I turn off SSL and use port 80?

/matts

0
Matts
6/9/2004 9:56:28 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.web-access 3846 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Matts Sehlberg wrote:

> I have install GW6.0.4 webaccess with SSL  and my question is.
> Can I turn off SSL and use port 80?

SSL or the lack thereof has nothing to do with webaccess itself, and
everything to do with the web server you're running it on. You should just
be able to point the browser at http://<server>/servlet/webacc instead of
https://<server>/servlet/webacc
--
Jim
NSC SYsop

I try that on Friday

/Matts

"Jim Michael" <jkmichael@myrealbox.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Matts Sehlberg wrote:
>
> > I have install GW6.0.4 webaccess with SSL  and my question is.
> > Can I turn off SSL and use port 80?
>
> SSL or the lack thereof has nothing to do with webaccess itself, and
> everything to do with the web server you're running it on. You should just
> be able to point the browser at http://<server>/servlet/webacc instead of
> https://<server>/servlet/webacc
> --
> Jim
> NSC SYsop

0
Matts
6/9/2004 10:18:09 PM
Matts,

Remember that you'll be sending passwords and data unencrypted that way though.

--
Danita Zanre
Novell Volunteer Sysop

0
Danita

NO SSL to SSL
I have a system with webaccess. I have followed the following TID 10016636 but when I click on the .../servlet/webacc link, I get a bad gateway. When I comment out the solution from the TID and restart APACHE, I'm back up and running. What am I doing wrong? I am using APACHE for my webserver. Is there a step by step for setting up SSL for webaccess? I have tried and tried but cannot seem to get it working with SSL. I have also tried to enable it on the webaccess agent within ConsoleOne but that hasn't worked either. Other info: NW6.0sp3 GW6.5sp1 (web access is ...

SSL or Not SSL
Hi, I currenty am in the middle of developing a web application that is run under https. What I want to do is as follows: 1) Login page to run under HTTPS. 2) Once logged in redirect to main site running under HTTP. The problem I feel am going to encounter is that due to the fact Im using 2 sites is how to get the authentication details between the 2 sites Is there a recognised technique for doing this and if this is the case can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial to do this? Best wishes Stuart Unless you designate a site can't be accessed withou...

Help with NetWare 6.5, GroupWise 6.5 and SSL web access
Greetings, I am in need of some assistance with a project that I have been tasked with. I haven't worked with NetWare for at least four years... have been doing the UNIX thing. The company that I work for is using Novell NetWare 6.5 and GroupWise 6.5 for their email needs. The issue that I'm trying to address is related to SSL encryption between remote users and our email WebAccess server, which is Apache 2.x running on a Novell NetWare 6.5 Server in our DMZ. Our server is configured to use SSL, but it's a self signed certificate. I have been asked to install a C...

Web access with SSL
I'm trying to setup web access to use ssl so external users will be on a secure connection. I followed the instructions per document # 10016636 but it doesn't work. I can get the first page up but when I hit the go button it comes back with Page cannot be found. I doesn't look like the rewrite rule is working. Anyone? curt@lortondata.com wrote: > I'm trying to setup web access to use ssl so external users will be on a > secure connection. I followed the instructions per document # 10016636 > but it doesn't work. I can get the first page up bu...

Web Access and SSL
We are running GroupWise 6.5 SP6. For SSL and Web Access do we need a SSL Secure Certificate from a 3rd party vendor such as Verisign? -- nkerr nkerr wrote: > We are running GroupWise 6.5 SP6. For SSL and Web Access do we need a > SSL Secure Certificate from a 3rd party vendor such as Verisign? You can use a self-singed certificate that provides the exact same level of "security" as a commercial certificate. The problem with self-signed certs is that you must import them into the browsers manually, OR the browser will pop up a warning saying that the ce...

redirect to SSL web access
GW 6.0.2 webaccess running on Apache, NW6. SSL is working, but I want to force users to use SSL, so that when they go to http://www.[ourdomain.com] or http://www.[ourdomain.com]/servlet/webacc it will automatically re-route them to https://. How can I do this? Thanks. Tim Judy wrote: > GW 6.0.2 webaccess running on Apache, NW6. SSL is working, but I want > to force users to use SSL, so that when they go to > http://www.[ourdomain.com] or http://www.[ourdomain.com]/servlet/webacc > it will automatically re-route them to https://. How can I do this? > Than...

NetWare Web Access and GroupWise Web Access Interaction
NetWare Web Access is set up with NetStorage, GroupWise Mail, and Change Password gadgets. The GroupWise Mail gadget link brings up GroupWise Web Access (version 6) fine. When I click the Exit button in GroupWise Web Access within the NetWare Web Access frame, I am brought back to the GroupWise Web Access login page. How can I make the exit process close GroupWise Web Access and return me to the NetWare Web Access Home Page? : > How can I make the exit process close > GroupWise Web Access and return me to the NetWare Web Access Home Page? > I don't think y...

SSL not working on Web Access
I've installed the certificate into edir as specified in Tay Kratzers documents. I can validate the cert in edir. However, when I go into httpd.conf and change SecureListen 443 "edirobject" to the object name of the the certificate, I can't log into the server. If I change the "'s back to "SSL CertificateIP" I can access the server just fine. What am I doing wrong. This is Apache2 NW & GW 6.5. edbob@nospam.com wrote: > I've installed the certificate into edir as specified in Tay Kratzers > documents. I can validate the c...

Accessing a web service over SSL
Hows does one access a web service over SSL? Since the URL is embedded in the proxy do you have to set the URL to include https when generating the proxy? In the book ASP.NET by Stephen Walther he talks about having a secure login method i.e. over https which returns a session cookie which is then passed to all future methods over http. This then provides an OK level of security without incurring the SSL overhead for every method. However I can't work our how to access 1 method of a web service by https and another by http - is it in fact even possible? Hope this makes some kind of sense....

5.1 NES web server running GW web access SSL certificate change
Running NW 5.1 SP7 NES with GW 6.5.4 Webaccess. Currently going to the web site of http://webaccess.company.com, automatically redirects you to the SSL site using the index file of META http-equiv="Refresh" content="0" verbage. Which works perfectly at the moment. The problem is that certificate (Verisign) is about to expire. A new Verisign key was purchased (easier than renewing the old), and imported via Console One and TID 10089761. I then simply tried to edit the mangnus.conf file for the https- servername in the config directory. Where it referenc...

Web Access using SSL
--____CMBXKQEDLISKWDGXCOFI____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Wed, 16 Sep 2008 07:22:31 -0700" I'd like to have my web server use SSL without getting the security = warnings. I know that I need to issue a csr and get it from an authority = but am unsure of the steps required to implement this. Can anyone point me = to a document that gives instructions. GW 7.02 running on NW 6.5 SP 5. --____CMBXKQEDLISKWDGXCOFI____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary=...

ASP.Net SSL calling SSL Web Service
I have a VB - ASP.net app calling a web service, both use SSL and I cam getting the following message. System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Access Forbidden. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) I am not using client side certificates. Orginal development was done on my computer non-ssl. When I move to production I added SSL and I get the 403. Orginal production was as follows intranet.net\webapp intranet.net\webservice this ...

I installed the Linux version of 1.1.18 and cannot access any SSL (https) site at all. The browser displays an alert that the "SSL protocol has been disabled". SSL protocol disabled in 1.1.18 Linux
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I installed the Linux version of 1.1.18 and cannot access any SSL (https) sites at all. The browser displays an alert that the "SSL protocol has been disabled". Worked fine in 1.1.17. Bug report filed (using Firefox...): 514838 On 9/5/2009 6:07 AM PT, None typed: > I installed the Linux version of 1.1.18 and cannot access any SSL > (https) sites at all. The browser displays an alert that the "SSL > protocol has been disabled". > > Worked...

SSL LDAP Server in web access
Is it possible to configure an LDAP server which requires SSL connection in GW 6.5.5 web access? From TID10025647 I found the correct section in the documentation and added the LDAP server with port 636 to the LDAPProvider for webaccess but searches return no results - "Sorry, no matches were found". The same search in the GW client does return results. I can configure the GW client without problem (once I have the Trusted Root Certificate somewhere the GW client can find it), and would now like to add the facility to the webaccess. Is this possible? Anthony Antho...

Web resources about - SSL to no SSL - novell.groupwise.6x.web-access

SSL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SSL Certificates by Trusted SSL Certificate Provider - 70% Discount Price - ClickSSL
Buy / Renew SSL certificate from Symantec™, GeoTrust®, Thawte® & RapidSSL® authorized SSL certificates Provider ClickSSL. Get up to 70% discount ...

SSL Certificates Instantssl Cheap SSL Certificate With High Assurance
Cheap SSL Certificates & 2048 bit Industry Standard SSL Certificate Authority. Full business validated SSL Certificates, secure server certificates ...

SL-Advisors
Home About Us Philosophy Individuals Investment Strategies Newsletter Contact Us INVESTMENT STRATEGIES Hedged Dividend Capture Deep Value Master ...

SSL Comparison and Reviews for Finding the Best SSL Certificate
Find the best SSL Certificate using our SSL Comparison charts and reviews. Learn about SSL, read reviews, and compare SSL certificates.

OpenSSL: The Open Source toolkit for SSL/TLS
The OpenSSL Project is a collaborative effort to develop a robust,commercial-grade, full-featured, and OpenSource toolkit implementing the Secure ...

Space Physics Research Group at UCB/SSL
Space Physics Research Group University of California, Berkeley Space Sciences Laboratory 7 Gauss Way Berkeley, CA 94720-7450 Phone. (510) ...

IEA 4E - Solid State Lighting Annex - SSL
The SSL Annex draft performance tiers The International Energy Agency Efficient Electrical End-Use Equipment Solid State Lighting (IEA 4E SSL) ...

Windows SSL Interception Gone Wild
This week researchers found that newer Lenovo laptops shipped with pre-installed software made by Superfish. The discovery is the latest reminder ...

Following Security Problem, Facebook Moves to OAuth 2.0, HTTPS and SSL Certificates
Facebook is telling developers today to plan to migrate to newer security standards on the platform — a mostly-planned migration whose roadmap ...