GroupWise Webaccess address book isn't the same as GroupWise Client address book

I am running GroupWise 6.0 sp3 along with GroupWise Webaccess sp3. I made
a new entry to my address book from an internet connection to my Webaccess
and when I went to review my entry through my GroupWise client it wasn't
there, but when I went back into Webaccess it was there.  Why wouldn't it
synchronize with my GroupWise client?  Everything else seems to
synchronize OK.

Just wondering,
Ken@rlmrlm.com
0
ken
2/16/2004 9:16:21 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.web-access 3846 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I think that stuff usually takes a minute to synchronize to the client
unless you launch ConsoleOne and right click on the domain or user and
choose GroupWise Utilities - Synchronize Now.

<ken@rlmrlm.com> wrote in message
> I am running GroupWise 6.0 sp3 along with GroupWise Webaccess sp3. I made
> a new entry to my address book from an internet connection to my Webaccess
> and when I went to review my entry through my GroupWise client it wasn't
> there, but when I went back into Webaccess it was there.  Why wouldn't it
> synchronize with my GroupWise client?  Everything else seems to
> synchronize OK.
>
> Just wondering,
> Ken@rlmrlm.com

0
FF
2/17/2004 3:03:37 PM
> I think that stuff usually takes a minute to synchronize to the client
> unless you launch ConsoleOne and right click on the domain or user and
> choose GroupWise Utilities - Synchronize Now.
>

> <ken@rlmrlm.com> wrote in message
> > I am running GroupWise 6.0 sp3 along with GroupWise Webaccess sp3. I
made
> > a new entry to my address book from an internet connection to my
Webaccess
> > and when I went to review my entry through my GroupWise client it
wasn't
> > there, but when I went back into Webaccess it was there.  Why
wouldn't it
> > synchronize with my GroupWise client?  Everything else seems to
> > synchronize OK.
> >
> > Just wondering,
> > Ken@rlmrlm.com

Actually, its been 2 days now and its still not there.  I notice that
when I added people into my address book through my client it
synchronizes pretty quick with the Webaccess, but my address I placed in
Webaccess on Sunday is still not showing up in the client address book.

Any ideas?
Ken@rlmrlm.com
0
ken
2/18/2004 12:08:34 AM
> I think that stuff usually takes a minute to synchronize to the client
> unless you launch ConsoleOne and right click on the domain or user and
> choose GroupWise Utilities - Synchronize Now.
>

> <ken@rlmrlm.com> wrote in message
> > I am running GroupWise 6.0 sp3 along with GroupWise Webaccess sp3. I
made
> > a new entry to my address book from an internet connection to my
Webaccess
> > and when I went to review my entry through my GroupWise client it
wasn't
> > there, but when I went back into Webaccess it was there.  Why wouldn't
it
> > synchronize with my GroupWise client?  Everything else seems to
> > synchronize OK.
> >
> > Just wondering,
> > Ken@rlmrlm.com

Well, my new contact finally showed up in my GroupWise clients address
book today.  Not to bad, it only took 3 days to get there. Does anyone
have any idea why this took so long?

Just wondering,
Ken@rlmrlm.com
0
ken

Accessing GroupWise Address Book Causing GroupWise 6.5 Client to Unload
Has anyone seen any problems with the GroupWise system address book causing the GroupWise Client to unload. After upgrading my GroupWise post office to version 6.5, a few of my user state that each time they access the GroupWise System Address Book, they get a GroupWise address book error, and then the Client unloads. ***Fred*** Fred, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: ...

GroupWise Clients that Cache do not update their GroupWise Address books
I am running GroupWise 6.0 Sp3 POA/MTA/GWIA/WEBACCESS and clients. Some of my employees are running their GroupWise in Cache mode and some are running in Online mode. I added a new employee to the GroupWise post office at noon yesterday and it now approx. 8:00 am the next day and the Cache clients do not see the new employees name in their contacts list. However the Online and Webaccess clients do. Why are the Cache clients so slow to update, they get mail OK? I noticed this when I added a contact in Webaccess and it took three days to get to my Cache address book. I have t...

Can't access groupwise address book from MS Word
I am trying to print some labels. Have found that it much easier to us MS Word. I have upgraded to Groupwise 7 and am getting an error message " MAPI spooler could not be started MAPI 1.0 (000004c7)". Next error message is " Logon failed. You must log onto Microsoft Exchange to access address book". Thanks, Adam Adam, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: ...

edir addresses to groupwise address book addresses
Hello all, I know I am way off here but, here goes. GW 7.0.2 hp? Netware 6.5.sp6 I spent a few days putting in addresses for people who are in our system, in the edir address part in their account. I assumed that the address would be mapped somehow into Groupwise Address book. Nope. I am looking for a way to map those addresses to the Groupwise address book. Sincerely, Tom -- Tom Hafemann TB Midwest Technologies 920 Madison Ave. Howards Grove, WI 53083 920-626-4310 (Skype) 920-565-6333 (Home Office) tom@tbmidwesttechnologies.com These are people with Grou...

Groupwise 7.02HP client for Windows XP doesn't show address books for user (but does show when administrator logs in)
Client has a bunch of Windows XP PC clients with very usual applications installed, including Office 2003. Of these, a few are exhibiting a confusing behavior. When the main user of the PC is logged in as herself, there are no address books that show in the Groupwise 7.02HP address book client. We cannot add services (address books-- no error messages, but when I click on add-service, nothing happens. These PCs are members of a Microsoft Active Directory domain and do not have a Netware client loaded on the PC (although others in the office do load the Netware client and have had s...

How to Create GroupWise External users to add into GroupWise Address Book
How to Create GroupWise External users to add into GroupWise Address Book. Are there any cool solutions or examples. Has anyone done it before, i need help to add external to user into groupwise address book. I appreciate your time and response. http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tip/17537.html --PERRY >>> On 10/4/2006 at 9:28 AM, in message <nqQUg.6424$0h7.3372@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, <kvnsk@yahoo.com> wrote: > How to Create GroupWise External users to add into GroupWise Address > Book. > Are there any cool solutions or examples....

accessing groupwise address book
Would anybody be able to help me to access a groupwise address book using microsoft outlook? Nope. Only you can help you. :-) Export the address book (in NAB format. This is effectively a CSV in a format that the GW address book will see. Then play with it in a spreadsheet and then you should be able to import with OL. On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 20:12:22 GMT, "Michael Lichtenstein" <mike@prudentialrealty.com> wrote: >Would anybody be able to help me to access a groupwise address book using >microsoft outlook? > Tim ___________________ Tim...

Office 'Send To' and Groupwise Address Book
I'm faced with a serious problem. If I install "Office > Groupwise". Then the WMS is the incorrect version and the Groupwise Address Book does not synchronize with the Windows Address Book. However if I uninstall Outlook, install Groupwise and install Outlook again the address book issue is resolved. But If I do that I'm breaking the 'Send to' feature in Word and Excel because when installing Outlook it changes this it to Outlook, even if my default mail application is Groupwise. Can anyone tell me how to make these two features work on the sam...

GroupWise 8 client Address Book
I have a user who deleted the Address book from their folder listing. I cannot seem to find a way to get it back in the folder listing. The user can access the address book from the button at the top of the client. Any ideas? Thanks -- krobertsjr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 3/15/2012 6:16 AM, krobertsjr wrote: > > I have a user who deleted the Address book from their folder listing. I > cannot seem to find a way to get it back in the folder listing. The user > can access the address book from the button at the t...

Groupwise Address book is not replicated on clients.
Hello, I thought I may ask this question here, we are still using GW 5.5. About a year ago we have updated it to 5.5.5 and now all new clients with client version of 5.5.5 experience the following problem, my observations shows that the problem does not appear on old 5.5.2 client. Any ideas would be appreciated. Here is the problem details: When any changes are done in the server address book some of people cannot send e-mail to some people on the same postoffice. Names picked up from the address book when they are typed. But when "send" button is hit some names a...

Address book crashes groupwise client
Hi all. This one's weird. This happens to all users (well the two i've tested; reason says it will happen to all). If we click on the address book and scroll more than halfway through it shuts the address book and crashes the client. then we have to restart the groupwise client. Any ideas on how to fix this would be awesome. following is stats: Groupwise 6.5, no sp getting C00E and C00B errors have rebuilt PO, trouble rebuilding domain successfully rebuilt indexes. at a loss. thanks! Definitely put the latest SPs on there, the base 6.5 is pretty old Cheers Dav...

groupwise address book will not update email address
I have an existing user that I would like to change the address book entry of. The address book had his Groupwise email address as the listed email address. I want to change this email address to the user's personal email address which is provided by his home ISP. However, when I make the change using either ConsoleOne of iManager the changes do not get updated in the address book. The user's groupwise email address is still listed for the user. When I make the change using ConsoleOne I am presented with a warning that states: ------------------------------------------...

I want to get rid of GroupWise Addressing in Address books
I am an IT manager for a mid-sized Engineering company in western Canada. I am having trouble sorting out GroupWise Internet Addressing. Specifically, the system address books in our various offices show "groupwise" formated addresses (domain.po.user.domain etc.). The problem is when users send out an internet message and cc someone in a another of our offices, the unusable GroupWise formatted address is used in the message to the outside client. When the outside client "replies all", the user's message from the other office gets bounced because it's...

Groupwise Address Book AutoComplete not adding new addresses
GroupWise 8.0.2 running on Netware 6.5 sp8. All computers are Win XP sp 3. Not sure when this started happening, but any new addresses added to frequent contacts won't auto complete. Existing addresses will autocomplete. This is happening with all users on the system. 1 domain, 1 post office. I can take one of the exisiting e-mail address that works, delete, and then add back and it no longer works. I'm wondering if this didn't start after upgrading to sp2. Before was on 8.0.1. Anyone else having this issue? -- lerrins -------------------------------------...

Web resources about - GroupWise Webaccess address book isn't the same as GroupWise Client address book - novell.groupwise.6x.web-access

GroupWise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GroupWise is a messaging and collaboration platform from Novell that supports email , calendaring , personal information management , instant ...

BlackBerry Enterprise IM Clients (OCS, Sametime, GroupWise) Get v2.5 Update
Most of RIM's enterprise-specific BlackBerry instant messaging and collaboration clients have been updated to version 2.5, adding credence to ...

Los Angeles goes Google; dumps GroupWise; shuns Microsoft; ignores IBM
The City of Los Angeles has had it with GroupWise, and will replace it with Google Apps. It's a big win for la GOOG, especially as it beat Microsoft ...

Collaboration: Novell Releases GroupWise 2014
Novell has put the finishing touches on GroupWise 2014, marking the first time the company has updated the collaboration platform since 2012. ...

Novell GroupWise goes mobile with iPhone support
The company’s new mobile solution will work with any ActiveSync-enabled device Novell's messaging and collaboration platform, GroupWise, has ...

No One Cares That Novell Has A New Version of GroupWise
Today Novell released its 2012 version of its email software GroupWise , and the announcement was greeted by most with a big yawn. GroupWise? ...

Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook
Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook is a professional tool for the migration of GroupWise mailboxes to MS Outlook. Many GroupWise...

App Store - DejaOffice
Get DejaOffice on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Email - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electronic mail , commonly known as email or e-mail , is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. Modern ...

SBS looks to Cloud services - cloud computing, email, GroupWise, Klaus Schelp, Microsoft Office 365 ...
When Klaus Schelp started at SBS at the beginning of this year he focused on business outcomes ahead of technology operations. As the head of ...