GroupWise 6.5 WebAccess and GroupWise 5.5

Greetings,

We are in the middle of upgrading our GroupWise from 5.5 to 6.5.1.
The old
version of the Webaccess will not access 6.5 databases so we have two
versions on Webaccess installed on two different servers (one is a
4.11 and
the new one is 5.1).

1. Is it possible to make the new version of Webaccess work with the
5.5
databases?  I know it looks like you should be able to do this but has

anyone actually done it?

2. Also could you run the Webaccess twice on the same server, one to
access
the 6.5 POAs and one for 5.5, if you use a different port?

3.  If this will work what will the interface look like?

Thanks!
Jeff Beard

0
Jeff
1/26/2004 3:34:32 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.web-access 3846 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jeff,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response
to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated
reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the
following options:

- Check the knowledgebase and SolutionNet databases at
http://support.novell.com
- Check all of the other support tools and options available at
http://support.novell.com
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is
posted in the correct newsgroup.

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept
our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our
posting bot.

Your Novell Support Connection Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
2/1/2004 8:37:17 PM
I have the same problem

What I had to do (If I rememeber right) was to upgrade the WebAccess to
5.5EP (something or other) that would allow the WebAccess to read the 6.5
Database

Then once all the databases are 6.5 upgrade to webaccess 6.5

In my case I had a mixture of 5.5 and 6.0 which I needed to upgrade to 6.5.
I upgraded the WebAccess to 5.5EP, then once all the 5.5 Servers were
upgraded I upgraded to WebAccess 6.0 and then finally to 6.5 (It was a long
process!)

Good Luck, I know this post is rather late coming to you.

Bob

"Jeff Beard" <jpbeard@k12.carr.org> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> We are in the middle of upgrading our GroupWise from 5.5 to 6.5.1.
> The old
> version of the Webaccess will not access 6.5 databases so we have
twoversions on Webaccess installed on two different servers (one is a
> 4.11 and
> the new one is 5.1).
>
> 1. Is it possible to make the new version of Webaccess work with the
> 5.5
> databases?  I know it looks like you should be able to do this but has
>
> anyone actually done it?
>
> 2. Also could you run the Webaccess twice on the same server, one to
> access
> the 6.5 POAs and one for 5.5, if you use a different port?
>
> 3.  If this will work what will the interface look like?
>
> Thanks!
> Jeff Beard

0
Robert

Web resources about - GroupWise 6.5 WebAccess and GroupWise 5.5 - novell.groupwise.6x.web-access

GroupWise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GroupWise is a messaging and collaboration platform from Novell that supports email , calendaring , personal information management , instant ...

BlackBerry Enterprise IM Clients (OCS, Sametime, GroupWise) Get v2.5 Update
Most of RIM's enterprise-specific BlackBerry instant messaging and collaboration clients have been updated to version 2.5, adding credence to ...

Los Angeles goes Google; dumps GroupWise; shuns Microsoft; ignores IBM
The City of Los Angeles has had it with GroupWise, and will replace it with Google Apps. It's a big win for la GOOG, especially as it beat Microsoft ...

Collaboration: Novell Releases GroupWise 2014
Novell has put the finishing touches on GroupWise 2014, marking the first time the company has updated the collaboration platform since 2012. ...

Novell GroupWise goes mobile with iPhone support
The company’s new mobile solution will work with any ActiveSync-enabled device Novell's messaging and collaboration platform, GroupWise, has ...

No One Cares That Novell Has A New Version of GroupWise
Today Novell released its 2012 version of its email software GroupWise , and the announcement was greeted by most with a big yawn. GroupWise? ...

Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook
Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook is a professional tool for the migration of GroupWise mailboxes to MS Outlook. Many GroupWise...

App Store - DejaOffice
Get DejaOffice on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Email - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electronic mail , commonly known as email or e-mail , is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. Modern ...

SBS looks to Cloud services - cloud computing, email, GroupWise, Klaus Schelp, Microsoft Office 365 ...
When Klaus Schelp started at SBS at the beginning of this year he focused on business outcomes ahead of technology operations. As the head of ...