Error 500 Internal Server Error

I have recently upgraded from Netware 5.0 to Netware 6.5.  I was running
Groupwise 6.5 on Netware 5.0 and had a problem with webaccess not sending
messages. After running into reinstallation problems with directory
services because I was on netware 5, I upgraded to 5.1 and then to 6.5
netware.  Everything is loading and working fine now except that when I
click "Go" on the webaccess page I get a Server Error 500 instead of the
login page.  I have tried several things from various TIDs with no luck
inlcuding reinstallations of webaccess and the web server.  I've also
cleared my browser cache each time to make sure that wasn't the problem.
Any suggestions would be helpful.  I am running the latest service packs
for Groupwise and Netware with Apache2 as the web server.
0
mlb
5/2/2004 5:05:54 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.web-access 3846 articles. 0 followers. Follow

mlb@otsc.tamu.edu wrote:

Ok, the 500 internal server error most likely indicates that tomcat isn't
listening for requests and apache is trying to hand them off to it.

Are you on NW65 or 65SP1? I would highly recommend you go to sp1, *then*
re-install just the webaccess *application* portion and choose the apache2
on NetWare option (this also only appears in GroupWise 65Sp1 or later!)

Regarding your NW65 server... did you install the additional "apache &
tomcat" option? Without that, webaccess won't work. This is different than
the apache & tomcat that *already* run by default on a NW65 box. You need to
add the "optional" apache & tomcat instance as well.

--
Jim
NSC SYsop
>I am on SP1.  I did try reinstalling after my SP1 installation.  I will
try it again and then repost just to make sure.   Thanks for the reply
and I will repost ASAP.  Mark

mlb@otsc.tamu.edu wrote:

> Ok, the 500 internal server error most likely indicates that tomcat
isn't
> listening for requests and apache is trying to hand them off to it.
>
> Are you on NW65 or 65SP1? I would highly recommend you go to sp1, *then*
> re-install just the webaccess *application* portion and choose the
apache2
> on NetWare option (this also only appears in GroupWise 65Sp1 or later!)
>
> Regarding your NW65 server... did you install the additional "apache &
> tomcat" option? Without that, webaccess won't work. This is different
than
> the apache & tomcat that *already* run by default on a NW65 box. You
need to
> add the "optional" apache & tomcat instance as well.
>
> --
> Jim
> NSC SYsop

0
mlb
5/4/2004 6:50:00 PM
Okay,
  Reinstall didn't work.  I did have the apache option during install.  I
looked on the product screen and I do have both apache2 server and apache
admin installed.  I took out the loads in the autoexec.ncf for the apache
admin and tom cat admin just to make sure they were not causing a
problem.  My autoexec is calling AP2WEBUP and TOMCAT4.  My java -show is
showing:
com.novell.application.tomcat.util.tcccheck.ldapverifier..... 265

The bottom of my web page when I hit login and get the server 500 error
says: Apache 2.0.48 mod_jk/1.2.5

I am running Groupwise 6.5 SP1.

Here is my web.xml file:

<!DOCTYPE web-app
<web-app>

  <!-- ======================== Introduction
============================== -->
  <!-- This document defines default values for *all* web
applications      -->
  <!-- loaded into this instance of Tomcat.  As each application
is         -->
  <!-- deployed, this file is processed, followed by
the                    -->
  <!-- "/WEB-INF/web.xml" deployment descriptor from your
own               -->
  <!--
applications.                                                        -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!-- WARNING:  Do not configure application-specific resources
here!      -->
  <!-- They should go in the "/WEB-INF/web.xml" file in your
application.   -->

  <!-- ================== Built In Servlet Definitions
==================== -->

  <!-- The default servlet for all web applications, that serves
static     -->
  <!-- resources.  It processes all requests that are not mapped to
other   -->
  <!-- servlets with servlet mappings (defined either here or in your
own   -->
  <!-- web.xml file.  This servlet supports the following
initialization    -->
  <!-- parameters (default values are in square
brackets):                  -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   debug               Debugging detail level for messages
logged     -->
  <!--                       by this servlet.
[0]                          -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   input               Input buffer size (in bytes) when
reading      -->
  <!--                       resources to be served.
[2048]                -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   listings            Should directory listings be produced if
there -->
  <!--                       is no welcome file in this directory?
[true]  -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   output              Output buffer size (in bytes) when
writing     -->
  <!--                       resources to be served.
[2048]                -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   readonly            Is this context "read only", so
HTTP           -->
  <!--                       commands like PUT and DELETE
are               -->
  <!--                       rejected?
[true]                              -->

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
          org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet
        </servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>debug</param-name>
            <param-value>0</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>listings</param-name>
            <param-value>true</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

  <!-- The "invoker" servlet, which executes anonymous servlet
classes      -->
  <!-- that have not been defined in a web.xml file.  Traditionally,
this   -->
  <!-- servlet is mapped to URL pattern "/servlet/*", but you can map
it    -->
  <!-- to other patterns as well.  The extra path info portion of such
a    -->
  <!-- request must be the fully qualified class name of a Java class
that  -->
  <!-- implements Servlet (or extends HttpServlet), or the servlet
name     -->
  <!-- of an existing servlet definition.     This servlet supports
the     -->
  <!-- following initialization parameters (default values are in
square    -->
  <!--
brackets):                                                           -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   debug               Debugging detail level for messages
logged     -->
  <!--                       by this servlet.
[0]                          -->

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
          org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet
        </servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>debug</param-name>
            <param-value>0</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

  <!-- The JSP page compiler and execution servlet, which is the
mechanism  -->
  <!-- used by Tomcat to support JSP pages.  Traditionally, this
servlet    -->
  <!-- is mapped to URL patterh "*.jsp".  This servlet supports
the         -->
  <!-- following initialization parameters (default values are in
square    -->
  <!--
brackets):                                                           -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   checkInterval       If development is false and reloading is
true, -->
  <!--                       background compiles are enabled.
checkInterval -->
  <!--                       is the time in seconds between checks to
see   -->
  <!--                       if a JSP page needs to be recompiled.
[300]    -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   compiler            Which compiler Ant should use to compile
JSP   -->
  <!--                       pages.  See the Ant documenation for
more      -->
  <!--                       information.
[javac]                           -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   classdebuginfo      Should the class file be compiled
with         -->
  <!--                       debugging information?
[true]                 -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   classpath           What class path should I use while
compiling   -->
  <!--                       generated servlets?  [Created
dynamically      -->
  <!--                       based on the current web
application]          -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   development         Is Jasper used in development mode (will
check -->
  <!--                       for JSP modification on every access)?
[true] -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   enablePooling       Determines whether tag handler pooling
is      -->
  <!--                       enabled
[true]                                -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   ieClassId           The class-id value to be sent to
Internet      -->
  <!--                       Explorer when using <jsp:plugin>
tags.         -->
  <!--                       [clsid:8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-
00805F499D93]   -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   fork                Tell Ant to fork compiles of JSP pages so
that -->
  <!--                       a separate JVM is used for JSP page
compiles   -->
  <!--                       from the one Tomcat is running in.
[true]      -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   javaEncoding        Java file encoding to use for generating
java  -->
  <!--                       source files.
[UTF8]                           -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   keepgenerated       Should we keep the generated Java source
code  -->
  <!--                       for each page instead of deleting it?
[true]   -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   largefile           Should we store the static content of
JSP      -->
  <!--                       pages in external data files, to reduce
the    -->
  <!--                       size of the generated servlets?
[false]       -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   logVerbosityLevel   The level of detailed messages to be
produced  -->
  <!--                       by this servlet.  Increasing levels cause
the  -->
  <!--                       generation of more messages.  Valid values
are -->
  <!--                       FATAL, ERROR, WARNING, INFORMATION, and
DEBUG. -->
  <!--
[WARNING]                                      -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   mappedfile          Should we generate static content with
one     -->
  <!--                       print statement per input line, to
ease        -->
  <!--                       debugging?
[false]                            -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   reloading           Should Jasper check for modified JSPs?
[true] -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   scratchdir          What scratch directory should we use
when      -->
  <!--                       compiling JSP pages?  [default work
directory  -->
  <!--                       for the current web
application]               -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!-- If you wish to use Jikes to compile JSP
pages:                       -->
  <!--   Set the init parameter "compiler" to "jikes".
Define              -->
  <!--   the property "-Dbuild.compiler.emacs=true" when starting
Tomcat    -->
  <!--   by adding the above to your CATALINA_OPTS environment
variable.    -->
  <!--   If you get an error reporting that jikes can't use UTF8
encoding,  -->
  <!--   try setting the init parameter "javaEncoding" to "ISO-8859-
1".     -->

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet</servlet-
class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>logVerbosityLevel</param-name>
            <param-value>WARNING</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>fork</param-name>
            <param-value>false</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>3</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

  <!-- Server Side Includes processing servlet, which processes
SSI         -->
  <!-- directives in HTML pages consistent with similar support in
web      -->
  <!-- servers like Apache.  Traditionally, this servlet is mapped
to       -->
  <!-- URL pattern "*.shtml".  This servlet supports the
following          -->
  <!-- initialization parameters (default values are in square
brackets):   -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   buffered            Should output from this servlet be
buffered?   -->
  <!--                       (0=false, 1=true)
[0]                         -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   debug               Debugging detail level for messages
logged     -->
  <!--                       by this servlet.
[0]                          -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   expires             The number of seconds before a page with
SSI   -->
  <!--                       directives will expire.  [No
default]          -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--
isVirtualWebappRelative                                            -->
  <!--                       Should "virtual" paths be interpreted
as       -->
  <!--                       relative to the context root, instead
of       -->
  <!--                       the server root?  (0=false, 1=true)
[0]        -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!-- IMPORTANT: To use the SSI servlet, you also need to rename
the       -->
  <!--            $CATALINA_HOME/server/lib/servlets-ssi.renametojar
file   -->
  <!--            to $CATALINA_HOME/server/lib/servlets-
ssi.jar             -->

<!--
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>ssi</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
          org.apache.catalina.ssi.SSIServlet
        </servlet-class>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>buffered</param-name>
          <param-value>1</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>debug</param-name>
          <param-value>0</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>expires</param-name>
          <param-value>666</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>isVirtualWebappRelative</param-name>
          <param-value>0</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>4</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>
-->

  <!-- Common Gateway Includes (CGI) processing servlet, which
supports     -->
  <!-- execution of external applications that conform to the CGI
spec      -->
  <!-- requirements.  Typically, this servlet is mapped to the URL
pattern  -->
  <!-- "/cgi-bin/*", which means that any CGI applications that
are         -->
  <!-- executed must be present within the web application.  This
servlet   -->
  <!-- supports the following initialization parameters (default
values     -->
  <!-- are in square
brackets):                                             -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   cgiPathPrefix       The CGI search path will start
at              -->
  <!--                       webAppRootDir + File.separator + this
prefix.  -->
  <!--                       [WEB-
INF/cgi]                                  -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   clientInputTimeout  The time (in milliseconds) to wait for
input   -->
  <!--                       from the browser before assuming that
there    -->
  <!--                       is none.
[100]                                -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!--   debug               Debugging detail level for messages
logged     -->
  <!--                       by this servlet.
[0]                          -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!-- IMPORTANT: To use the CGI servlet, you also need to rename
the       -->
  <!--            $CATALINA_HOME/server/lib/servlets-cgi.renametojar
file   -->
  <!--            to $CATALINA_HOME/server/lib/servlets-
cgi.jar             -->

<!--
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>cgi</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.CGIServlet</servlet-
class>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>clientInputTimeout</param-name>
          <param-value>100</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>debug</param-name>
          <param-value>6</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
          <param-name>cgiPathPrefix</param-name>
          <param-value>WEB-INF/cgi</param-value>
        </init-param>
         <load-on-startup>5</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>
-->

  <!-- ================ Built In Servlet Mappings
========================= -->

  <!-- The servlet mappings for the built in servlets defined above.
Note  -->
  <!-- that, by default, the CGI and SSI servlets are *not* mapped.
You    -->
  <!-- must uncomment these mappings (or add them to your application's
own -->
  <!-- web.xml deployment descriptor) to enable these
services              -->

    <!-- The mapping for the default servlet -->
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <!-- The mapping for the invoker servlet -->
<!--
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/servlet/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
-->

    <!-- The mapping for the JSP servlet -->
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <!-- The mapping for the SSI servlet -->
<!--
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>ssi</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>*.shtml</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
-->

    <!-- The mapping for the CGI Gateway servlet -->
<!--
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>cgi</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/cgi-bin/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
-->

  <!-- ==================== Default Session Configuration
================= -->
  <!-- You can set the default session timeout (in minutes) for all
newly   -->
  <!-- created sessions by modifying the value
below.                       -->

    <session-config>
        <session-timeout>30</session-timeout>
    </session-config>

  <!-- ===================== Default MIME Type Mappings
=================== -->
  <!-- When serving static resources, Tomcat will automatically
generate    -->
  <!-- a "Content-Type" header based on the resource's filename
extension,  -->
  <!-- based on these mappings.  Additional mappings can be added here
(to  -->
  <!-- apply to all web applications), or in your own application's
web.xml -->
  <!-- deployment
descriptor.                                               -->

    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>abs</extension>
        <mime-type>audio/x-mpeg</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>ai</extension>
        <mime-type>application/postscript</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>aif</extension>
        <mime-type>audio/x-aiff</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>aifc</extension>
        <mime-type>audio/x-aiff</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>aiff</extension>
        <mime-type>audio/x-aiff</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>aim</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-aim</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>art</extension>
        <mime-type>image/x-jg</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>asf</extension>
        <mime-type>video/x-ms-asf</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>asx</extension>
        <mime-type>video/x-ms-asf</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>au</extension>
        <mime-type>audio/basic</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>avi</extension>
        <mime-type>video/x-msvideo</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>avx</extension>
        <mime-type>video/x-rad-screenplay</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>bcpio</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-bcpio</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>bin</extension>
        <mime-type>application/octet-stream</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>bmp</extension>
        <mime-type>image/bmp</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>body</extension>
        <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>cdf</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-cdf</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>cer</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-x509-ca-cert</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>class</extension>
        <mime-type>application/java</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>cpio</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-cpio</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>csh</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-csh</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>css</extension>
        <mime-type>text/css</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>dib</extension>
        <mime-type>image/bmp</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>doc</extension>
        <mime-type>application/msword</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>dtd</extension>
        <mime-type>text/plain</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>dv</extension>
        <mime-type>video/x-dv</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>dvi</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-dvi</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>eps</extension>
        <mime-type>application/postscript</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>etx</extension>
        <mime-type>text/x-setext</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>exe</extension>
        <mime-type>application/octet-stream</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>gif</extension>
        <mime-type>image/gif</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>gtar</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-gtar</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>gz</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-gzip</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>hdf</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-hdf</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>hqx</extension>
        <mime-type>application/mac-binhex40</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>htc</extension>
        <mime-type>text/x-component</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>htm</extension>
        <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>html</extension>
        <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>hqx</extension>
        <mime-type>application/mac-binhex40</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>ief</extension>
        <mime-type>image/ief</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>jad</extension>
        <mime-type>text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>jar</extension>
        <mime-type>application/java-archive</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>java</extension>
        <mime-type>text/plain</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>jnlp</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-java-jnlp-file</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>jpe</extension>
        <mime-type>image/jpeg</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>jpeg</extension>
        <mime-type>image/jpeg</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>jpg</extension>
        <mime-type>image/jpeg</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>js</extension>
        <mime-type>text/javascript</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>jsf</extension>
        <mime-type>text/plain</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>jspf</extension>
        <mime-type>text/plain</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>kar</extension>
        <mime-type>audio/x-midi</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>latex</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-latex</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>m3u</extension>
        <mime-type>audio/x-mpegurl</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>mac</extension>
        <mime-type>image/x-macpaint</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>man</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-troff-man</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>me</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-troff-me</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>mid</extension>
        <mime-type>audio/x-midi</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>midi</extension>
        <mime-type>audio/x-midi</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>mif</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-mif</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>mov</extension>
        <mime-type>video/quicktime</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>movie</extension>
        <mime-type>video/x-sgi-movie</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>mp1</extension>
        <mime-type>audio/x-mpeg</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>mp2</extension>
        <mime-type>audio/x-mpeg</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>mp3</extension>
        <mime-type>audio/x-mpeg</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>mpa</extension>
        <mime-type>audio/x-mpeg</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>mpe</extension>
        <mime-type>video/mpeg</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>mpeg</extension>
        <mime-type>video/mpeg</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>mpega</extension>
        <mime-type>audio/x-mpeg</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>mpg</extension>
        <mime-type>video/mpeg</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>mpv2</extension>
        <mime-type>video/mpeg2</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>ms</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-wais-source</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>nc</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-netcdf</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>oda</extension>
        <mime-type>application/oda</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>pbm</extension>
        <mime-type>image/x-portable-bitmap</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>pct</extension>
        <mime-type>image/pict</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>pdf</extension>
        <mime-type>application/pdf</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>pgm</extension>
        <mime-type>image/x-portable-graymap</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>pic</extension>
        <mime-type>image/pict</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>pict</extension>
        <mime-type>image/pict</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>pls</extension>
        <mime-type>audio/x-scpls</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>png</extension>
        <mime-type>image/png</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>pnm</extension>
        <mime-type>image/x-portable-anymap</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>pnt</extension>
        <mime-type>image/x-macpaint</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>ppm</extension>
        <mime-type>image/x-portable-pixmap</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>ps</extension>
        <mime-type>application/postscript</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>psd</extension>
        <mime-type>image/x-photoshop</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>qt</extension>
        <mime-type>video/quicktime</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>qti</extension>
        <mime-type>image/x-quicktime</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>qtif</extension>
        <mime-type>image/x-quicktime</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>ras</extension>
        <mime-type>image/x-cmu-raster</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>rgb</extension>
        <mime-type>image/x-rgb</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>rm</extension>
        <mime-type>application/vnd.rn-realmedia</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>roff</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-troff</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>rtf</extension>
        <mime-type>application/rtf</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>rtx</extension>
        <mime-type>text/richtext</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>sh</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-sh</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>shar</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-shar</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>sit</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-stuffit</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>smf</extension>
        <mime-type>audio/x-midi</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>snd</extension>
        <mime-type>audio/basic</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>src</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-wais-source</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>sv4cpio</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-sv4cpio</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>sv4crc</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-sv4crc</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>swf</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-shockwave-flash</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>t</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-troff</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>tar</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-tar</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>tcl</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-tcl</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>tex</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-tex</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>texi</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-texinfo</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>texinfo</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-texinfo</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>tif</extension>
        <mime-type>image/tiff</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>tiff</extension>
        <mime-type>image/tiff</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>tr</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-troff</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>tsv</extension>
        <mime-type>text/tab-separated-values</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>txt</extension>
        <mime-type>text/plain</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>ulw</extension>
        <mime-type>audio/basic</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>ustar</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-ustar</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>xbm</extension>
        <mime-type>image/x-xbitmap</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>xml</extension>
        <mime-type>text/xml</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>xpm</extension>
        <mime-type>image/x-xpixmap</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>xsl</extension>
        <mime-type>text/xml</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>xwd</extension>
        <mime-type>image/x-xwindowdump</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>wav</extension>
        <mime-type>audio/x-wav</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>svg</extension>
        <mime-type>image/svg+xml</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>svgz</extension>
        <mime-type>image/svg+xml</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <!-- Wireless Bitmap -->
        <extension>wbmp</extension>
        <mime-type>image/vnd.wap.wbmp</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <!-- WML Source -->
        <extension>wml</extension>
        <mime-type>text/vnd.wap.wml</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <!-- Compiled WML -->
        <extension>wmlc</extension>
        <mime-type>application/vnd.wap.wmlc</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <!-- WML Script Source -->
        <extension>wmls</extension>
        <mime-type>text/vnd.wap.wmlscript</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <!-- Compiled WML Script -->
        <extension>wmlscriptc</extension>
        <mime-type>application/vnd.wap.wmlscriptc</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>wrl</extension>
        <mime-type>x-world/x-vrml</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>Z</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-compress</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>z</extension>
        <mime-type>application/x-compress</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>
    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>zip</extension>
        <mime-type>application/zip</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>

  <!-- ==================== Default Welcome File List
===================== -->
  <!-- When a request URI refers to a directory, the default servlet
looks  -->
  <!-- for a "welcome file" within that directory and, if
present,          -->
  <!-- to the corresponding resource URI for display.  If no welcome
file   -->
  <!-- is present, the default servlet either serves a directory
listing,   -->
  <!-- or returns a 404 status, depending on how it is
configured.          -->
  <!--
                                                                      -->
  <!-- If you define welcome files in your own application's
web.xml        -->
  <!-- deployment descriptor, that list *replaces* the list
configured      -->
  <!-- here, so be sure that you include any of the default values
that     -->
  <!-- you wish to
include.                                                 -->

    <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
        <welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
        <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

</web-app>

> >I am on SP1.  I did try reinstalling after my SP1 installation.  I
will
> try it again and then repost just to make sure.   Thanks for the reply
> and I will repost ASAP.  Mark
>
> mlb@otsc.tamu.edu wrote:
> >
> > Ok, the 500 internal server error most likely indicates that tomcat
> isn't
> > listening for requests and apache is trying to hand them off to it.
> >
> > Are you on NW65 or 65SP1? I would highly recommend you go to sp1,
*then*
> > re-install just the webaccess *application* portion and choose the
> apache2
> > on NetWare option (this also only appears in GroupWise 65Sp1 or
later!)

> > Regarding your NW65 server... did you install the additional "apache &
> > tomcat" option? Without that, webaccess won't work. This is different
> than
> > the apache & tomcat that *already* run by default on a NW65 box. You
> need to
> > add the "optional" apache & tomcat instance as well.
> >
> > --
> > Jim
> > NSC SYsop

0
mlb
5/5/2004 1:50:22 PM
Jim,
  I also just added the lines from TID:10087602 to my web.xml and
rebooted the server.  I'm still getting the same error 500.
Thanks for all of your help.

Mark

mlb@otsc.tamu.edu wrote:

> Ok, the 500 internal server error most likely indicates that tomcat
isn't
> listening for requests and apache is trying to hand them off to it.
>
> Are you on NW65 or 65SP1? I would highly recommend you go to sp1, *then*
> re-install just the webaccess *application* portion and choose the
apache2
> on NetWare option (this also only appears in GroupWise 65Sp1 or later!)
>
> Regarding your NW65 server... did you install the additional "apache &
> tomcat" option? Without that, webaccess won't work. This is different
than
> the apache & tomcat that *already* run by default on a NW65 box. You
need to
> add the "optional" apache & tomcat instance as well.
>
> --
> Jim
> NSC SYsop

0
mlb
5/5/2004 2:20:39 PM
Jim,
  I sent you my web.xml file from the conf folder.  Here is the one from
the root\web-inf folder:

<!DOCTYPE web-app

<web-app>
  <display-name>Welcome to Tomcat</display-name>
  <description>
     Welcome to Tomcat
  </description>
    <!-- WebAccessServlet -->
    <servlet>
		<servlet-name>webacc</servlet-name>
		<servlet-
class>com.novell.webaccess.WebAccessServlet</servlet-class>
		<init-param>
			<param-name>Config</param-name>
			<param-
value>SYS:/Novell/WebAccess/webacc.cfg</param-value>
		</init-param>
		<load-on-startup> </load-on-startup>
	</servlet>

    <!-- SpellServlet -->
    <servlet>
		<servlet-name>spellchk</servlet-name>
		<servlet-
class>com.novell.collexion.spell.servlet.SpellServlet</servlet-class>
		<init-param>
			<param-name>Config</param-name>
			<param-
value>SYS:/Novell/WebAccess/spellchk.cfg</param-value>
		</init-param>
		<load-on-startup> </load-on-startup>
	</servlet>

    <!-- WebAccessServlet -->
    	<servlet>
		<servlet-name>webpub</servlet-name>
		<servlet-
class>com.novell.webpublisher.WebPublisherServlet</servlet-class>
		<init-param>
			<param-name>Config</param-name>
			<param-
value>SYS:/Novell/WebPublisher/webpub.cfg</param-value>
		</init-param>
		<load-on-startup> </load-on-startup>
	</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
		<servlet-name>webacc</servlet-name>
		<url-pattern>/servlet/webacc/*</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>

    <!-- SpellServlet -->
    <servlet-mapping>
		<servlet-name>spellchk</servlet-name>
		<url-pattern>/servlet/spellchk/*</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>

	<servlet-mapping>
		<servlet-name>webpub</servlet-name>
		<url-pattern>/servlet/webpub/*</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

> >I am on SP1.  I did try reinstalling after my SP1 installation.  I
will
> try it again and then repost just to make sure.   Thanks for the reply
> and I will repost ASAP.  Mark
>
> mlb@otsc.tamu.edu wrote:
> >
> > Ok, the 500 internal server error most likely indicates that tomcat
> isn't
> > listening for requests and apache is trying to hand them off to it.
> >
> > Are you on NW65 or 65SP1? I would highly recommend you go to sp1,
*then*
> > re-install just the webaccess *application* portion and choose the
> apache2
> > on NetWare option (this also only appears in GroupWise 65Sp1 or
later!)

> > Regarding your NW65 server... did you install the additional "apache &
> > tomcat" option? Without that, webaccess won't work. This is different
> than
> > the apache & tomcat that *already* run by default on a NW65 box. You
> need to
> > add the "optional" apache & tomcat instance as well.
> >
> > --
> > Jim
> > NSC SYsop

0
mlb
5/5/2004 3:21:49 PM
mlb@otsc.tamu.edu wrote:

> Okay,
>   Reinstall didn't work.  I did have the apache option during install.  I
> looked on the product screen and I do have both apache2 server and apache
> admin installed.  I took out the loads in the autoexec.ncf for the apache
> admin and tom cat admin just to make sure they were not causing a
> problem.  My autoexec is calling AP2WEBUP and TOMCAT4.  My java -show is
> showing:
> com.novell.application.tomcat.util.tcccheck.ldapverifier..... 265
>
> The bottom of my web page when I hit login and get the server 500 error
> says: Apache 2.0.48 mod_jk/1.2.5

Ok, the fact that you don't see tomcat in the JAVA -SHOW command *proves*
that Tomcat isn't running. At the server, just run TOMCAT4.NCF manually, the
toggle over to the logger screen and watch what happens. It is likely
throwing an error and then aborting the load. Tell me what error you see...

--
Jim
NSC SYsop

Web Service Error : The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error
Hi i am getting an error when trying a simple web service. if i run both the web service and the client .aspx page on the same server it works fine, But when i put it on a different server it doesnt work at all and gives me this error"System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at HttpUtils.HttpPost(String URI, String Parameters) in e:\Websites\C#\Live\CMS\Trunk\App_Code\siteFunctions\HttpUtils.cs:line 35"UserApi.asmx  [WebMethod] public string HelloName(string name) { ...

Server Error: HTTP Error 500.19
I got the following error while trying to make a test WCF project on VistaServer Error HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server ErrorDescription: The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid. Error Code: 0x80070005 Notification: BeginRequest Module: IIS Web Core Requested URL: http://localhost:80/ProductsService/ProductsService.svc Physical Path: C:\Test\ProductsService\ProductsService\ProductsService.svc Logon User: Not yet determined Logon Method: Not yet determined Handler: Not yet determined Config Error: Cannot read configura...

The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error
I have a VB.Net application where I am posting to an HTTP server that has a classic asp page and I am getting the following exception (it's throwing the exception on line 13).  Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this?  thanks  : <EXCEPTION> The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error </EXCEPTION> 1                            PostData = "externalID=" ID2 Dim strPath As ...

The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
When I remote access in website by application on window to extract data I have error : The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. This is my code : Dim PostData As String = _ "__VIEWSTATE=" & tmpvs & _ "&txtUserName=" & UserID & _ "&txtPassword=" & PWord & _ "&chkPersistant=1" & _ "&btnSignIn=SignIn" '& _ Dim Data() As Byte = encoding.GetBytes(PostData) Dim LoginReq As Net.HttpWebRequest = Net.WebRequest.Create(loginURL) With LoginReq .KeepAlive = Fals...

The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
 System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.     i implemented the search functionality in the website searchdotnet some application i got ,i inegrated it ,it works fine localhost but on server i created some problemMark As Answer If my reply helped you. It means that an exception occured , you can specify in the web.config to show the exact exception to remote hosts.what is the <customErrors> configuration in your web.config ?   J.W.Please click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helps you...

The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error
Hi  String strUrl = "http://catalogues.cataloguecentral.com.au/global/search/search.aspx?";              // Create a request using a URL that can receive a post.         WebRequest request = WebRequest.Create(strUrl);        // Set the Method property of the request to POST.        request.Method = "POST";        // Create POST data and convert it to a byte array. &...

he remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

500 internal server error when trying to access a web service
Hi,  I am trying to access a web service from an aspx page. It works fine when I do it on local host. But when I deploy the page to iis and try to access a web service, it is not working. When I debugged it using firebug, it is giving the following message.You have attempted to execute a CGI, ISAPI, or other executable program from a directory that does not allow programs to be executed.I am not sure what we should do to resolve this. can some one please guide us?Thanks,sridhar.     I haven't worked with Web Service deployment much, but it sounds like you just need ...

HPPT Error 500.19
I am getting  HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid. when I have redefined a secion in web.config like                 <!-- redefine an equivalent section -->                   6:             <section name="compilation" type="System.Web.Confi...

Internal Server Error (Error 500)
Hello We are using BM 3.8.4 and Netware 6.5 sp5. We are a school, and after rolling out a new student information system, the Bordermanager proxy is (almost daily now), reporting an Internal Server Error (Error 500) that locks the teachers out of the system. We have had this problem sporadically in the past, but it is almost daily now that I have to restart the Bordermanager server. I am planning today to use the proxy.cfg file as posted from Craig Johnson, mainly to change the lines of PassContentLength=1, IgnoreContentLength=1, and IgnoreContenetLengthCheck=1 as those seem to...

The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. #3
I am trying to access a web site using below snippet HttpWebRequest httpWebRequest = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(url); HttpWebResponse webResponse = (HttpWebResponse)httpWebRequest.GetResponse(); This is occuring for particular web site and rest of the web site working fine.  Error:  The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() -532459699...  Also, i tried with below options 1. Adding Credential likeNetworkCredential networkCredential = new NetworkCredential("user name", "pwd", &qu...

The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. #2
I am testing a utility program that loops through my localhost and pulls out all of the meta tag information and page titles.   After I do a recursive directory search and have all of the pages i convert the directory path's to urls and call the pages using the following code WebClient wc = new WebClient(uri); string page = wc.DownloadString(uri); This seems to work fine for the first few sites, however at a certain point i start getting (The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.).  Nothing is wrong with the URI however it just seems to st...

The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error #2
Hello, I'm trying to send the request from site A to site B in localhost but get an error "The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error" in programatically.  The code below used to work for me and all of a certain it fails to send the request to site B (order site). The order site by itself is still up and running but when I try to send the request to this site in the code, it fails because of (500) Internal Server Error.  I also tried to restart the IIS but still doesn't work.  Does anyone knows why?  mReqUrl =...

Web resources about - Error 500 Internal Server Error - novell.groupwise.6x.web-access

Empire of Japan (internal politics 1914–1944) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Since the Meiji period, Japan had been a nominal constitutional monarchy , but the name did not obscure the fact that Japan’s form of government ...

ACT Policing called to federal police union office in Griffith over internal row
ACT Policing was called&nbsp;to the Australian Federal Police Association offices in Canberra on Wednesday amid ongoing tensions within the organisation's ...

Paris attacks: Immigration Minister Peter Dutton rejects internal call from state MP Andrew Fraser to ...
Peter Dutton shuts down a call from New South Wales MP Andrew Fraser for Australia to stop accepting Middle Eastern refugees.

iPad Pro teardown shows tweaks to internals in Apple’s new larger tablet
... of Apple’s new iPad Pro. The new device features a larger 12.9-inch display, the 3rd generation 64-bit A9X chip, and other upgraded internals, ...

Tomatoes taste good because we slowed down their internal clocks
Domestication accidentally created a plant that thrives in long summer days.

Autoblog Minute: VW finds CO2 'irregularities' after internal investigation
Filed under: Videos , Volkswagen , Emissions , Autoblog Minute The Volkswagen emissions scandal expands in scope, likely including gas cars in ...

Amazon Sale offers big savings on internal and external Samsung SSD drives
... to ensure lightning-fast access to all of your files. And as is the case with anything else, brands matter. When buy an external or internal ...

What Apple employees say about the company's secretive internal corporate culture
... not be responding to this question, nor would I feel wronged for not being able to." Apple makes grammar and punctuation changes in its internal ...

Apple employees have a LOT to say about the company's secretive internal culture
... not be responding to this question, nor would I feel wronged for not being able to." Apple makes grammar and punctuation changes in its internal ...

Mobile Apps: The Next Big Thing for Internal Communications
Internal communications is on the brink of the next big movement for employee engagement and interaction: mobile apps. Straight from the app ...