Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5

I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any
gotcha's or have any advice?
0
LauraB
1/6/2006 12:13:03 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.install 6728 articles. 0 followers. Follow

LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote:

> I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of
> any gotcha's or have any advice?

Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or
do at least a validate of the databases.

If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia
upgrade guide.

--
Cheers,
Edward

Upgrade 5.5.5 to 6.5
I'm wondering if I can upgrade my whole backend (MTA & POA's) and then gradually (pick and choose) which clients I want to switch over to the new 6.5 client. Can I do this ? Caledonia's "GW 6.5 Upgrade Guide" says yes, but to watch out for 1) the renamed Sent Items folder and 2) D109 errors opening mail. Has anyone got the #2) error and is it very prominent ? David Schryer SOLGEN You can. The D109 error can happen from time to time. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts Novell Support Forums Volenteer Sys...

GroupWise 5.5.5 under Netware 6.5
I have not been able to get my Groupwise snapins back since I upgraded my Groupwise server to Netware 6.5. Is there any way to do this? Recopy the snapins from the SDD Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ I got an error before, but this time it worked. Thanks. "Dave Parkes" <Dave@Norgren.co.uk> wrote in message news:MPG.1a495f6d48d9516ce6@support-forums.novell.com... > Recopy the snapins from the SDD > > Cheers Dave > > > -- > > Dave Parkes [NSCS] ...

Upgrade to 5.4.5 or 5.5
Hi, Currently we are running eBiz version 5.4.2.5 under Winodw2000. We are having cluster died issue since the beginning. Now we are planning to move to 5.4.6 or 5.5. Would someone help me to share if there are any serious issues with new versions (for windows)? Should we go with Win2000 or Win2003. Thanks Aftab Aftab,.. Our advise for this moment is to run impact 5.4.6. under Win2003. (See also your earlier replay on Carl's post) We do have some problems with startin a cluster from a earlier ersion of impact. The cluster won't start always correct or won't...

Upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5
Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. Thanks Eric There is some reasonable documentation on how to do an upgrade at www.novell.com/documentation/lg/gw65 If you want the best and most comprehensive guide to how to upgrade and what might go wrong I would get the Upgrade guide from www.caledonia.net Tim On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:36:04 GMT, xeemxais@hotmail.com wrote: >Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise >6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. > >Th...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade
I am preparing for a Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade and am asking if there are any recommended procedures or best practices I should be following. I have not been able to find much information on 5.5 to 6.5 upgrades. Any input would be appreciated. Thank-you. --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This may be purest voodoo, but the only problems I have encountered are = those of the databases not updating to the latest version after the = install. If you have your post -office set to clie...

Groupwise upgrade from 5.5 to 6.5
I upgraded my Netware server from 4.11 to netware 6.5.This server was also running my groupwise 5.5 enhancement pack with service pack 5. I actually created a duplicate nds on new server and grafted groupwise nds objects to the new tree,all of this worked except for Web access is down.What should I do at this point?I tried unsucessfully to get Webaccess going.Although I did go ahead and purchase an upgrade to groupwise 6.5.Should I try to get the webaccess up and running before I do the Webaccess upgrade or should I just proceed forward with the upgrade the after maybe webaccess w...

Groupwise 5.5 to 6.5 Upgrade
We are running a Novell 4.11 server currently with GW 5.5. We do not have any other use for the Novell server. I understand that eDirectory can be installed on a Win2k Server. Is there any documentation available that can explain how to migrate the NDS to eDirectory and GW 5.5 to 6.5? Thanks Tim, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgeb...

groupwise 5.5 #5
any real world configs out there that i can read about and use for my setup? thanks z Zemi, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in the "free product support" drop down box. - You could also try po...

So are we 5.5
We are not doing a new install but an upgrade. an things that will impact an upgrade. or Box is a Netware 5.1 SP6 thanks Tomi Don't understand a word you are saying but recommend Danita's book....www.caledonia.net -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee! All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless specifically identified as such. Novell does not...

5.5 to 6.5
I used to use GW 5.5, stopped for awhile and have just upgraded to 6.5, prompting several preliminary questions: 1. I previously used a blind forwarder to get pop3 email from the provider and then feed it to GW. Is this still necessary or can GW connect directly to an internet email source? 2. i intend to set up a BorderManager server. I want to implement WebAccess, though know nothing about it as of yet. Should I postpone setting up GW until after the BM server is up? GW has always liked a permanent link, and in these days of DSL this is thankfully no longer a problem and ...

GroupWise 5.5.5 client to GroupWise 6.5 System?
Will a GroupWise 5.5.5 client attach to a GroupWise 6.5 server okay for a temporary period of time? IT Staff will need time to update all of the clients manually. Want to make sure there will be no immediate loss of function after we upgrade GroupWise 5.5.5 to 6.5... THANKS! should be ok order of upgrade pri domain other domains/post offices clients gateways -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Nov...

Upgrade 5.5 to 6.5
We are currently running GroupWise 5.5 on one server (NW5.1) with all components on that server with one primary domain - 1 x MTA, 2 x Post Office's and GWIA with the webaccess runing on a Windows 2000 box. We are planning an upgrade to GroupWise 6.5 into a 2 server system (NW5.1) with secondary domains - one for the GWIA, one for WEBACCESS and one for the second post office. Is there a preferred order to do this - modify the system and then do the upgrade - that is the method we have in mind, or would it be best to upgrade to 6.5 and then modify the system into a 2 ser...

Upgrading 5.5 to 6.5
I am planning on upgrading our network (NW5.0, GW5.5) to SBS6.5 including a new server earmarked (initially) for email. I do not want my users to lose email during the upgrade and want to know the best way to move them from the old server to the new server. My plan is to install the new (SBS) server onto the existing 5.0 network and include GW6.5 on it as a second post office. The new PO will include GWIA and all of the agents. Since there are only 20 mailboxes, I was going to move them manually to the new PO. Are they any pitfalls to doing this? I have seen some traffic about prob...

Web resources about - Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5 - novell.groupwise.6x.install

Upgrading From Windows 1.0 to Windows 8 On Actual Hardware - YouTube
If you're watching this video, you've probably seen the other videos that prove it is possible to upgrade from Windows 1.0 all the way to Windows ...

Nuclear states still upgrading stocks

Apple users face issues upgrading to iOS 9
Apple customers were facing issues while upgrading to iOS 9, which was released this morning in Australia, technology blog 9to5Mac reported. ...

Upgrading IOIO to Bluetooth - YouTube