Prime user database of a deleted user

I have several prime user databases on our Post Offices that are owned
by user's who have been deleted from GroupWise.  Is there a way I can
force GroupWise to delete or drop these databases from the system?  I am
seeing a lot of D101 user not found errors on the POA's, and I think it
is related to these left over PU databases.  Can I just delete the PU
files?

If there is no way to drop these databases from the system, at the very
least is there a way for me to determine the sharee(s) of the PU?

Any help would be appreciated.

piggotl

piggotl
8/16/2010 4:36:01 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.install 6728 articles. 0 followers. Follow

That is caused by deleting the edir object first before deleting the GW
user database. Make a edir user the same name and associate it with the
GW user in the GW system.  Then delete both of them and the same time.

--El

--
El LaGrew
elbert.lagrew#katun.com

0
elagrew
8/16/2010 7:06:01 PM
elagrew;2011183 Wrote:
> That is caused by deleting the edir object first before deleting the GW
> user database. Make a edir user the same name and associate it with the
> GW user in the GW system.  Then delete both of them and the same time.
>
> --El

Actually, I have the reverse situtation.  I deleted the GW object, but
the edir object remains.  I cleaned up several inactive mailboxes a few
months ago.  When I did that, I went into the user object from the
GroupWise View, and under the GroupWise tab selected "delete GroupWise
account".

I found this TID7006236 on how to drop a user database from the guard.
Will that get rid of these databases and any references to them?

--
piggotl
piggotl's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=37665
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=418480

0
piggotl
8/16/2010 7:06:01 PM
When you run a GWCheck with the deldupfolders option against the entire
post office, that should clear any pu*.db files that are no longer
referenced. That might help

Cheers Dave

--
Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

These should disappear automatically after time and maybe a top/down
rebuild.  But the TID should work if you want to get rid of these more
quickly.

--El

piggotl;2011191 Wrote:
> Actually, I have the reverse situtation.  I deleted the GW object, but
> the edir object remains.  I cleaned up several inactive mailboxes a few
> months ago.  When I did that, I went into the user object from the
> GroupWise View, and under the GroupWise tab selected "delete GroupWise
> account".
>
> I found this TID7006236 on how to drop a user database from the guard.
> Will that get rid of these databases and any references to them?

--
El LaGrew
elbert.lagrew#katun.com
elagrew on twitter
elagrew's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=10240
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=418480

0
elagrew

Delete user from a grid while deleting user information from another database table
I have created a seperate table for user information for my users. I would like to be able to delete the user and their role at the same time I delete the information from the grid view. Here is what I have so far.  This give me a No Object error: The username label is a templated field in the girdviewProtected Sub GridView1_RowDeleting(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewDeleteEventArgs) Handles GridView1.RowDeleting Try Dim Grid As GridView = GridView1 Dim Username As String = CType(Grid.SelectedRow.FindControl(...

Each user as database user
Good day! I'm trying to implement my own MemebershipProvider. Problem is, that different users should be different database users. Not each user. Any idea, how to solve this? Because only way how to use some database user I know it is to change connection string...  Why dont you use Windows Authentication and let the Active Directory take care of your memberships. Is this an internal application?  It is not. I already wrote one post about it and I will tell it again. Application is based on classicla win application. The same database. Problem is, that usual dat...

Deleting a user deletes all authorizations that user granted.
SQL Anywhere 11.0.1 I have a situation where I deleted a user who previously granted rights. All rights where were granted by that user were removed. example: UserA grants UserB rights to TableA. UserA is deleted UserB no longer has rights to TableA This is very undesirable. Is this by design or a bug? This is by design. See Revoke statement for more details but here is the relevant section: REVOKE CONNECT removes a user ID from a database, and also destroys any objects (tables, views, procedures, and so on) owned by that user and *any permissions granted by that user*. Y...

Deleting a post office with prime user databases
I have a post office which I've moved all the users out of and I'm preparing to delete but there are still prime user databases in the mail folder. Is it safe to delete the post office or is there something that needs to be done with these databases? ...

Deleting a post office with prime user databases #2
I have a post office which I've moved all the users out of and I'm preparing to delete but there are still prime user databases in the mail folder. Is it safe to delete the post office or is there something that needs to be done with these databases? Not really, they are just the databases used to keep copies of folders shared with users in that PO, and as they've all gone, the pu files are no longer required. Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ ...

Unsharing an address book
If you share an address book to say, 3 people in a remote PO, it makes a puXXXXXXX.db When you remove those three people from the sharing, when does that puXXXXXXX.db get deleted? Is that automatic, or a nightly gwcheck or can it be manually deleted after that? The usual GWChecks should get rid of it after about 14 days, same as any other files no longer required by the system. Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ In article <xn0fbnuoi2zqunz00k@forums.novell.com>, Dave@Norgren.co.uk says... > The...

Deleting groupwise account does not delete user files?
Dear experts: I had to delete a user's groupwise account due to thousands of messages in mailbox due to a rule loop. I recreated the user's account with the same Mailbox ID, and Groupwise created a new file id for that user. The problem is that I still see the huge files: msg22.db and userhal.db belonging to the old file id of the user. Can I safely delete these files? Why Groupwise does not delete this files since I have deleted the GroupWise account? Thank you very much, Gerardo. Garlotto, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a res...

Groupwise 5.5 Deleting Groupwise user only
Can you tell me how I can delete a groupwise user that was created thur Novell 4.11. For some reason the addressed name of the created user was 1 character short in the address book only. I deleted the user but because the addressed name was different I can't seem to delete it. And when you look at the information on this user it shows the correct name. any thoughts on this. thanks wcampkin@royaldoulton.ca, > Can you tell me how I can delete a groupwise user that was created > thur Novell 4.11. For some reason the addressed name of the created > user was 1 chara...

When you delete a user from one portal, users with same username on other portals are also deleted!
Actually when you delete a user from one portal, SPC deletes the user from users table, all portal instances from userportals table and only one user from aspbet_users which belongs to that portal. When you want to access users from other portal admins you get an error. And the only way to recover is to delete the other users in other portals from aspnet_user tables.This seems to be a terrible bug.- DNN allows us to create the user with the same username on an other portal but does not allow to delete only one.We of course override this by changing the SPC but must be changed by DNN Team.I t...

Groupwise User Files without a User
Hi, I've inherited a system that has some "rogue" files. There are no user accounts in a post office, just libraries. In the file system for the PO are PU database files, msg databases and user databases. There is a history in this post office regarding a failed or aborted (take your pick) user move before I came on the scene. I'm attempting to find out what and who owns these files and/or what's in them before I go deleting something important. I know who owns the PU databases. I am now attempting to access the user and message databases. So far I'v...

User comments on user database catalogs
Hi all. How best do I include comments on the purpose / meaning of columns and tables within a Sybase user database? Is it 'safe' for instance to add a column for comments to table 'syscolumns' in database 'model' and existing user databases? My ultimate aim is to have these comments included within DataArchitect / PowerDesignor PDM files created using the reverse engineering function. Thanks for any response. Steven - Notes RDMS: Sybase ASE v11.5 Server OS: NT Server Enterprise v4 (SvP 5) Steven, Its not possible to alter system tables, you may...

eMail to deleted User from User Accounts
As a user account is deleted I would like to automatically send them an email telling them that they have been removed from the system. This is done when someone wants to opt out of our portal system. The language editor has fields named EMAIL_USER_UNREGISTER_BODY.Text and EMAIL_USER_UNREGISTER_SUBJECT.Text but I can not figure out how they get sent. Any suggestions? Thanks, Matthew The fields you mention apply only to the case when a user clicks on the unregister link in the User Accounts page for his own account. The link is not visible by admins.Do you know the truth when ...

Script/Procedure to Users in User Databases
Hi Folks, I am running the below script/procedure to find the "sysusers" from each USER DATABASE, but somehow the script doesn't recognize the @<variable>..sysusers and it throws error "Incorrect syntax near '@DBSName'." Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks ! ========================== CREATE PROC getsysusers AS BEGIN CREATE TABLE #Results (Instance_Name varchar (50), Database_Name varchar (50), name varchar (20), suid int, uid int) SET NOCOUNT ON declare @DBSName varchar(50) select @DBSName = '' wh...

I have two schema in user database, How can i dump the user database schema name?
Respected, gurus I'm working on ASE 15.0.2 DB. I have two separate user schema in my ACUTE database 1. EASY_BANK :It store normal master and treansaction table 2. EASY_BANK_LOB :It store images and photos when i dump the acute database then dump file contain all the object(two schema easy_bank and easy_bank_lob) in the acute database My problem : I want to dump the ACUTE db which is contain object resides only in EASY_BANK_LOB. I also want to dump the ACUTE db which is contain object resides only in EASY_BANK. same way , can i restore the data which is onl...

Web resources about - Prime user database of a deleted user - novell.groupwise.6x.install

Ben Carson calls for a database on 'every foreigner'
Boston Herald Ben Carson calls for a database on 'every foreigner' Boston Herald Republican presidential candidate, Dr, Ben Carson, center, ...

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

Donald Trump walks back Muslim database comments - Videos - CBS News
Republican candidate Donald Trump stepped back from comments that appear to suggest that he wants to register all of the Muslims in the United ...

Trump: ‘I Didn’t Suggest A Database’ For Registering Muslims
Trump: ‘I Didn’t Suggest A Database’ For Registering Muslims

Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database
Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database

Presidential Candidates Condemn Donald Trump's 'Database' Comment
... and Democratic presidential candidates have condemned Donald Trump for his recent statements suggesting the United States should start a database ...

Donald Trump is Under Media Assault for Suggesting ‘Muslim Database,’ But Here’s What He Says About It ...
"Donald Trump's plan for a Muslim database draws comparison to Nazi Germany"...