Groupwise 6.5 with groupwise 6

Hi,

I am currently setting up a test groupwise 6.5 server to evaluate the
product.  I would like to connect it to our current groupwise 6 server to
allow sending and recieving of email across our whole company.  I don't
want to impact on our live server (groupwise 6).  What would be the best
way to get the two running together with the lease impact on the live
system.  BTW - the 6.5 server is in its own test tree.

Cheers

Michael Penney
Serco Assurance
0
michael
2/6/2004 11:28:29 AM
novell.groupwise.6x.install 6728 articles. 0 followers. Follow

michael.penney@sercoassurance.com wrote:

> I am currently setting up a test groupwise 6.5 server to evaluate the
> product.  I would like to connect it to our current groupwise 6 server to
> allow sending and recieving of email across our whole company.  I don't
> want to impact on our live server (groupwise 6).  What would be the best
> way to get the two running together with the lease impact on the live
> system.  BTW - the 6.5 server is in its own test tree.

About the only thing you can do is set up a completely separate GW6.5 system
and send messages between them via external domain functionality. You cannot
simply add a 6.5 post office to the existing system, for example, because
the above all the *primary* domain must be upgraded to 6.5 before any 6.5
POs can exist within a system.
--
Jim
NSC SYsop

Groupwise 6 and Groupwise 6.5
About to add another location to a 6 server Groupwise 6 mail system. Currently all the servers are Groupwise 6, mostly running on SBS servers. The new server will be Netware SBS 6.5, which now comes with Groupwise 6.5 Will there any inter operability problems if I add the new system as a GW 6.5 post office ? Stuart. Yep, when upgrading versions you really need to the primary domain first. I'd put in a GW6 system for now, and upgrade when you ar eready to Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ Yes, you...

Migrating from GroupWise 6 on Netware 6 to GroupWise 6.5 on Linux
I have transfer data from GroupWise 6 on Netware to GroupWise 6.5 on Linux. The data is successfully copied using dbcopy and the mailbox is accessible from both Linux and Windows clients. Great so far, but the funny thing is whenever I try to create or modify any user DN in eDirectory on Linux or the GroupWise account information that the changes are completely ignored by GroupWise. This does not happen if I were to create a Post Office from scratch. Only when I migrate the data over. It seems to me that there is a local database within GroupWise that it is not accessing the eDirectory ...

Graft between Groupwise 6 and Groupwise 6.5
We have NW6 server with NDS crashed This server doesn't boot NW6 (error in stage 3 at startup.ncf) We can access data on sys: by mouting it into an other installation of Netware (volume renamed with portlock) On the crashed server we have a Groupwise6 installed We want install a new NW6.5 server with a new NDS with same names for TREE,CONTEXT,... And recreate the users with same names On this one, installing Groupwise 6.5 Can we retrieve data from the old mailboxes? If it is possible how do we proceed? Wich operation must we do? I think we can do that with grafting but can...

GroupWise 6.5 Sp1 to GroupWise 6.5 Sp2 upgrade
Do the .dc files need to be copied for the sp1 to sp2 upgrade? Or is loading of the newer nlm's sufficient? Thanks... I can't remember if the .dc files changed, but I'd copy the new ones over to be on the safe side Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ ...

GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5

Using Groupwise 6.0 and Groupwise 6.5
I have a user that can log into his email on Groupwise 6.0 and open his email. When he logs into Groupwise 6.5 he can see his email but he cannot open it. Is there a reason why he can't do this? If there is a way to fix this problem any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You Jason Roggentien Jroggen, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgeb...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 migration
I have a bit of problem and not sure which way I should tackle this one. I have 2 x Netware 4.11 servers, which will be upgraded to Netware 6.5 and one of these servers have Groupwise 5.5 which will be upgraded to Groupwise 6.5. The one server is being used for Groupwise archiving and currently setup for UNC for archiving, i.e. p:\\ab_hp, on this server I was planning on using the migration wizard as this server also holds the user data. On the 2nd server which Groupwise is running and the clients are configured for tcp/ip connectivity to the groupwise system. This server onl...

Migrate Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5
I wonder if someone has migrated Groupwise 5.5 to 6.5? The server runs today Groupwise 5.5 without sp. --Patrik Hi Patrik, >I wonder if someone has migrated Groupwise 5.5 to 6.5? If that's the only question you have, the answer is yes. ;-) If you want to know more, take a look at THE gw upgrade guide for all other answers: http://www.caledonia.net/update65.html regards -Frank Korpershoek- :Korpershoek Networking: :tel +31 15 2130034:mob +31 6 55730822:fax +31 15 2124278: ...

GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5 #2
I currently am using GroupWise 5.5e on a Novell 4.11 server . I want to go to GroupWise 6.5 on a Windows 2000 Server computer but I can not find any thing that tells me how to move or migrate the database.. Has anyone done this.. It's pretty much just a case of copying the domain and PO directories to Windows, running the Windows agent installs and changing paths in ConsoleOne - UNLESS you have external document storage locations for DMS -that needs some extra help. -- Danita Zanre Novell Volunteer Sysop www.caledonia.net/iris.html > It's pretty much just a cas...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade
I am preparing for a Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade and am asking if there are any recommended procedures or best practices I should be following. I have not been able to find much information on 5.5 to 6.5 upgrades. Any input would be appreciated. Thank-you. --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This may be purest voodoo, but the only problems I have encountered are = those of the databases not updating to the latest version after the = install. If you have your post -office set to clie...

GroupWise 6.5 WebAccess and GroupWise 5.5
Greetings, We are in the middle of upgrading our GroupWise from 5.5 to 6.5.1. The old version of the Webaccess will not access 6.5 databases so we have two versions on Webaccess installed on two different servers (one is a 4.11 and the new one is 5.1). 1. Is it possible to make the new version of Webaccess work with the 5.5 databases? I know it looks like you should be able to do this but has anyone actually done it? 2. Also could you run the Webaccess twice on the same server, one to access the 6.5 POAs and one for 5.5, if you use a different port? 3. If this will w...

Upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5
Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. Thanks Eric There is some reasonable documentation on how to do an upgrade at www.novell.com/documentation/lg/gw65 If you want the best and most comprehensive guide to how to upgrade and what might go wrong I would get the Upgrade guide from www.caledonia.net Tim On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:36:04 GMT, xeemxais@hotmail.com wrote: >Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise >6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. > >Th...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 #3
I have two Servers,Data(Primary) and Groupwise. Data Server was Migrated to NSBS 6.5 from Netware 5.0. Groupwise server is Netware 5.0 with Groupwise 5.5. What would be the best course to Upgrade Groupwise server to NSBS 6.5 and then Upgrade Groupwise to 6.5? I know I can not upgrade to NSBS 6.5 from Netware 5.0 and I wish to keep Groupwise Data intact. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks Leo Admin, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been ...

Web resources about - Groupwise 6.5 with groupwise 6 - novell.groupwise.6x.install

GroupWise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GroupWise is a messaging and collaboration platform from Novell that supports email , calendaring , personal information management , instant ...

BlackBerry Enterprise IM Clients (OCS, Sametime, GroupWise) Get v2.5 Update
Most of RIM's enterprise-specific BlackBerry instant messaging and collaboration clients have been updated to version 2.5, adding credence to ...

Los Angeles goes Google; dumps GroupWise; shuns Microsoft; ignores IBM
The City of Los Angeles has had it with GroupWise, and will replace it with Google Apps. It's a big win for la GOOG, especially as it beat Microsoft ...

Collaboration: Novell Releases GroupWise 2014
Novell has put the finishing touches on GroupWise 2014, marking the first time the company has updated the collaboration platform since 2012. ...

Novell GroupWise goes mobile with iPhone support
The company’s new mobile solution will work with any ActiveSync-enabled device Novell's messaging and collaboration platform, GroupWise, has ...

No One Cares That Novell Has A New Version of GroupWise
Today Novell released its 2012 version of its email software GroupWise , and the announcement was greeted by most with a big yawn. GroupWise? ...

Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook
Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook is a professional tool for the migration of GroupWise mailboxes to MS Outlook. Many GroupWise...

App Store - DejaOffice
Get DejaOffice on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Email - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electronic mail , commonly known as email or e-mail , is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. Modern ...

SBS looks to Cloud services - cloud computing, email, GroupWise, Klaus Schelp, Microsoft Office 365 ...
When Klaus Schelp started at SBS at the beginning of this year he focused on business outcomes ahead of technology operations. As the head of ...