GroupWise 6.5 Sp1 to GroupWise 6.5 Sp2 upgrade

Do the .dc files need to be copied for the sp1 to sp2 upgrade?  Or is
wmader
11/23/2004 4:53:15 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.install 6728 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I can't remember if the .dc files changed, but I'd copy the new ones
over to be on the safe side

Cheers Dave

--

Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade
I am preparing for a Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade and am asking if there are any recommended procedures or best practices I should be following. I have not been able to find much information on 5.5 to 6.5 upgrades. Any input would be appreciated. Thank-you. --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This may be purest voodoo, but the only problems I have encountered are = those of the databases not updating to the latest version after the = install. If you have your post -office set to clie...

Upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5
Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. Thanks Eric There is some reasonable documentation on how to do an upgrade at www.novell.com/documentation/lg/gw65 If you want the best and most comprehensive guide to how to upgrade and what might go wrong I would get the Upgrade guide from www.caledonia.net Tim On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:36:04 GMT, xeemxais@hotmail.com wrote: >Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise >6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. > >Th...

GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5

Upgrade Netware6.5.6 to 6.5.7 with GroupWise 6.5
Is there any problems that I need to know about before I apply the sp7 patch to this GroupWise server. At the present this GW server is a stand alone server, and after a week it unloads tomcat4 which shuts down webacc module and the users can not connect with Webacc. I have worked on this problem for a while now, upgraded java and several others things. I hope there won't be any problems with this patch and sp7. Thanks, Tim Support-forums.novell.com, > Is there any problems that I need to know about before I apply the sp7 > patch to this GroupWise server. At the p...

GroupWise 6.5 sp1 to 6.5 sp2
After upgrading GroupWise Service Pack 2 on Netware 6, It showed that the agents are running GroupWise 6.5.2, but when I unloaded the agents and reloaded the agents, POA/ MTA are showing GroupWise 6.5.1 What is wrong?. Any one experienced this?. Eric Iluv2000@yahoo.com, > After upgrading GroupWise Service Pack 2 on Netware 6, It showed that > the agents are running GroupWise 6.5.2, but when I unloaded the > agents and reloaded the agents, POA/ MTA are showing GroupWise 6.5.1 > > What is wrong?. Any one experienced this?. What does your grpwise.ncf, post...

GroupWise 6.5.6 upgrade from 6.5.5 ABENDS server HARD
Last night around 9pm we upgraded our Netware SBS 6.5sp4a server from GroupWise 6.5.5 to GroupWise 6.5.6. This morning at about 10:15am (the server starts experiencing heavy user load around 6am) the server locked hard and had to be manually powered off and restarted... here's the abend. The only things I've changed between the 6.5.5 config and 6.5.6 are: * I chose the installation option to run the POA and MTA in protected mode. * I enabled two blacklist sites in the POA's Access List * I enabled Mailbox Protection in the POA * I enabled sender validation / verif...

GroupWise 5.5.5 client to GroupWise 6.5 System?
Will a GroupWise 5.5.5 client attach to a GroupWise 6.5 server okay for a temporary period of time? IT Staff will need time to update all of the clients manually. Want to make sure there will be no immediate loss of function after we upgrade GroupWise 5.5.5 to 6.5... THANKS! should be ok order of upgrade pri domain other domains/post offices clients gateways -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Nov...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 migration
I have a bit of problem and not sure which way I should tackle this one. I have 2 x Netware 4.11 servers, which will be upgraded to Netware 6.5 and one of these servers have Groupwise 5.5 which will be upgraded to Groupwise 6.5. The one server is being used for Groupwise archiving and currently setup for UNC for archiving, i.e. p:\\ab_hp, on this server I was planning on using the migration wizard as this server also holds the user data. On the 2nd server which Groupwise is running and the clients are configured for tcp/ip connectivity to the groupwise system. This server onl...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 #3
I have two Servers,Data(Primary) and Groupwise. Data Server was Migrated to NSBS 6.5 from Netware 5.0. Groupwise server is Netware 5.0 with Groupwise 5.5. What would be the best course to Upgrade Groupwise server to NSBS 6.5 and then Upgrade Groupwise to 6.5? I know I can not upgrade to NSBS 6.5 from Netware 5.0 and I wish to keep Groupwise Data intact. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks Leo Admin, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been ...

Migrate Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5
I wonder if someone has migrated Groupwise 5.5 to 6.5? The server runs today Groupwise 5.5 without sp. --Patrik Hi Patrik, >I wonder if someone has migrated Groupwise 5.5 to 6.5? If that's the only question you have, the answer is yes. ;-) If you want to know more, take a look at THE gw upgrade guide for all other answers: http://www.caledonia.net/update65.html regards -Frank Korpershoek- :Korpershoek Networking: :tel +31 15 2130034:mob +31 6 55730822:fax +31 15 2124278: ...

GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5 #2
I currently am using GroupWise 5.5e on a Novell 4.11 server . I want to go to GroupWise 6.5 on a Windows 2000 Server computer but I can not find any thing that tells me how to move or migrate the database.. Has anyone done this.. It's pretty much just a case of copying the domain and PO directories to Windows, running the Windows agent installs and changing paths in ConsoleOne - UNLESS you have external document storage locations for DMS -that needs some extra help. -- Danita Zanre Novell Volunteer Sysop www.caledonia.net/iris.html > It's pretty much just a cas...

Upgrade Groupwise 5 Archives to Groupwise 6.5
I have installed a new Small Business 6.6 Novell server on our network and replaced the old Netware box. We had to archive our emails as we were short of volume space on the original server. I now have 20 users with archive folders on their local drives in Groupwise 5 format. How do I upgrade these folders to be seen by the new Groupwise 6.6 Clients. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks Dominick. Dominick wrote: > I have installed a new Small Business 6.6 Novell server on our network > and replaced the old Netware box. We had to archive our emails as we > ...

GroupWise 6.5 WebAccess and GroupWise 5.5
Greetings, We are in the middle of upgrading our GroupWise from 5.5 to 6.5.1. The old version of the Webaccess will not access 6.5 databases so we have two versions on Webaccess installed on two different servers (one is a 4.11 and the new one is 5.1). 1. Is it possible to make the new version of Webaccess work with the 5.5 databases? I know it looks like you should be able to do this but has anyone actually done it? 2. Also could you run the Webaccess twice on the same server, one to access the 6.5 POAs and one for 5.5, if you use a different port? 3. If this will w...

Upgrade 6.0 to 6.5 with Groupwise 6.5
Morning, Any issues with upgrading a Netware 6.0 latest sp server to Netware 6.5 sp4 with Groupwise 6.5 latest service pack on it? Thnaks, Ray > Any issues with upgrading a Netware 6.0 latest sp server to Netware 6.5 > sp4 with Groupwise 6.5 latest service pack on it? > Should be fine -- SBS 6.5 and 6.6 shipped with 6.5 SP1b and then SP3 and GroupWise 6.5.4. One thing though, why SP4 on the NW 6.5 server? I'd go with SP5 plus the post SP5 update package. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Only reason is config control, the ot...

Web resources about - GroupWise 6.5 Sp1 to GroupWise 6.5 Sp2 upgrade - novell.groupwise.6x.install

GroupWise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GroupWise is a messaging and collaboration platform from Novell that supports email , calendaring , personal information management , instant ...

BlackBerry Enterprise IM Clients (OCS, Sametime, GroupWise) Get v2.5 Update
Most of RIM's enterprise-specific BlackBerry instant messaging and collaboration clients have been updated to version 2.5, adding credence to ...

Los Angeles goes Google; dumps GroupWise; shuns Microsoft; ignores IBM
The City of Los Angeles has had it with GroupWise, and will replace it with Google Apps. It's a big win for la GOOG, especially as it beat Microsoft ...

Collaboration: Novell Releases GroupWise 2014
Novell has put the finishing touches on GroupWise 2014, marking the first time the company has updated the collaboration platform since 2012. ...

Novell GroupWise goes mobile with iPhone support
The company’s new mobile solution will work with any ActiveSync-enabled device Novell's messaging and collaboration platform, GroupWise, has ...

No One Cares That Novell Has A New Version of GroupWise
Today Novell released its 2012 version of its email software GroupWise , and the announcement was greeted by most with a big yawn. GroupWise? ...

Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook
Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook is a professional tool for the migration of GroupWise mailboxes to MS Outlook. Many GroupWise...

App Store - DejaOffice
Get DejaOffice on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Email - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electronic mail , commonly known as email or e-mail , is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. Modern ...

SBS looks to Cloud services - cloud computing, email, GroupWise, Klaus Schelp, Microsoft Office 365 ...
When Klaus Schelp started at SBS at the beginning of this year he focused on business outcomes ahead of technology operations. As the head of ...