Groupwise 6 and Groupwise 6.5

About to add another location to a 6 server Groupwise 6 mail system. 

Currently all the servers are Groupwise 6, mostly running on SBS servers. 

The new server will be Netware SBS 6.5, which now comes with Groupwise 6.5 

Will there any inter operability problems if I add the new system as a GW 
6.5 post office ?

Stuart.
0
Stuartr
11/2/2004 5:36:08 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.install 6728 articles. 0 followers. Follow

18 Replies
673 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 28

Yep, when upgrading versions you really need to the primary domain
first. I'd put in a GW6 system for now, and upgrade when you ar eready
to

Cheers Dave


-- 

Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/
0
Dave
11/2/2004 7:18:00 PM
Yes, you must upgrade the primary domain to GW6.5 before you can add a
secondary domain that is 6.5.



On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 17:36:08 GMT, Stuartr@nospam.please (Stuart
Robinson) wrote:

>About to add another location to a 6 server Groupwise 6 mail system. 
>
>Currently all the servers are Groupwise 6, mostly running on SBS servers. 
>
>The new server will be Netware SBS 6.5, which now comes with Groupwise 6.5 
>
>Will there any inter operability problems if I add the new system as a GW 
>6.5 post office ?
>
>Stuart.

Tim
___________________
Tim Heywood (SYSOP)
NDS8
Scotland
(God's Country)
___________________

In theory, practice and theory are the same
In Practice, they are different
0
Tim
11/2/2004 9:16:54 PM
> Yes, you must upgrade the primary domain to GW6.5 before you can add a
> secondary domain that is 6.5.

Really ?

Is it a case of it does not work at all, or not recommended ?

Can a GW 6.5 primary talk OK to all the other existing GW 6.0 secondaries, 
or d they need upgrading too ?

If I have to upgrade the primary to 6.5, its a bit of a show stopper, the 
primary domain is 50 user, the new secondary is 5 user, so the cost of 
adding 5 new users to the system would involve a 50 user upgrade license 
to the primary. 

Do the Novell licenses allow the use of the previous version ?

i.e. SBS 6.5 has GW 6.5 licenses so can I set up a GW 6.0 system on this 
new server SBS 6.5 server, I know its possible since the GW licenses are 
only paper licenses, but is it Novell legal ?


Stuart.
0
Stuartr
11/2/2004 9:29:27 PM
On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 21:29:27 GMT, Stuartr@nospam.please (Stuart
Robinson) wrote:

>> Yes, you must upgrade the primary domain to GW6.5 before you can add a
>> secondary domain that is 6.5.
>
>Really ?
Yes really.  It is a prerequisite to upgrade the Primary before
upgrading a secondary.

>
>Is it a case of it does not work at all, or not recommended ?
>
>Can a GW 6.5 primary talk OK to all the other existing GW 6.0 secondaries, 
>or d they need upgrading too ?

A 65 primary will talk to a 60 or 5.5 secondary or indeed PO
>
>If I have to upgrade the primary to 6.5, its a bit of a show stopper, the 
>primary domain is 50 user, the new secondary is 5 user, so the cost of 
>adding 5 new users to the system would involve a 50 user upgrade license 
>to the primary. 

Yes, that is correct
>
>Do the Novell licenses allow the use of the previous version ?

Yes
>
>i.e. SBS 6.5 has GW 6.5 licenses so can I set up a GW 6.0 system on this 
>new server SBS 6.5 server, I know its possible since the GW licenses are 
>only paper licenses, but is it Novell legal ?

Your licenses are for "GroupWise 6.5 and prior versions"

Therefore if you added the new site as 6.0 that would be OK.

However you are licensing mailboxes and not the domains, so if you
left the post offices as 6.0 and just upgraded the domains, then you
could make all of this work correctly without breaking any licensing
deals.  There is however one caveat, do not run GW6.5 and GW6.0 agents
on the one server... (ie a 6.5 MTA and a 6.0 POA)

Tim
___________________
Tim Heywood (SYSOP)
NDS8
Scotland
(God's Country)
___________________

In theory, practice and theory are the same
In Practice, they are different
0
Tim
11/2/2004 10:02:38 PM
Thanks for all your comments. 

> However you are licensing mailboxes and not the domains, so if you
> left the post offices as 6.0 and just upgraded the domains, then you
> could make all of this work correctly without breaking any licensing
> deals

Ah I see. So in reality I have two basic options;

1. The SBS 6.5 license allows me to use 6.0, so I just install 6.0 on the 
new server. 

2. I could use the GW 6.5 disks that come with SBS 6.5 to upgrade the 
primary domain to GW 6.5 (and the MTA & PO agents since the server with 
the primary also runs a PO), and that will happily talk to the other GW 
6.0 domains and POs.

Could I also use the GW 6.5 disks to upgrade the GWIA, which also runs on 
the primary server ?. There are no particular issues with the current 
GWIA, but are there any benefits in using the latest version ?

Stuart.
0
Stuartr
11/3/2004 8:10:42 AM
Hi,

Stuart Robinson wrote:
> 
> Ah I see. So in reality I have two basic options;
> 
> 1. The SBS 6.5 license allows me to use 6.0, so I just install 6.0 on the
> new server.

I actually don't think this is true. It only is for CLA/MLA type full
GW6.5 licenses. If, however, this SBS server would be an update from
SBS6.0 (which comes with GW6.0), you would be allowed to update only the
OS, but continue to run the previous GW version.
There's a strong pointer that using a previous version is not allowed:
Would the SBS6.5 you have be the only Netware media you have, there is
absolutely no legal way for you to get your hands on an unrestricted
GW6.0 media. 
 
> 2. I could use the GW 6.5 disks that come with SBS 6.5 to upgrade the
> primary domain to GW 6.5 (and the MTA & PO agents since the server with
> the primary also runs a PO), and that will happily talk to the other GW
> 6.0 domains and POs.

Technically correct. If this is allowed legally really can't be answered
here.
 
> Could I also use the GW 6.5 disks to upgrade the GWIA, which also runs on
> the primary server ?. 

As above. Technically yes. However, AFAIK a 6.5 GWIA can't do POP3 or
IMAP for users that are in a 6.0 PO. I may be wrong here though. As for
this being legal, I sort of doubt it. The final answer for that can only
come from Novell.

However, you actually *can* install the GW6.5 secondary into an
otherwise completely GW6.0 system. *However*, the database version of
that domain and PO will stay at 6.0, no matter what you do, and you
won't be able to use GW6.5 clients against that PO, but would be limited
to 6.0 clients.

I guess your safe bet would be to buy a minimum count of GW6.5 upgrades
for your GW6.0 system, and only update the primary domain with this. And
actually, you *can* run a GW6.5 domain and a GW6.0 PO on the same
server.

CU,
-- 
Massimo Rosen
Novell Support Connection Sysop
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0
Massimo
11/3/2004 12:50:36 PM
1 Yes,

2, No   You could upgrade the MTAs but not the POAs as then the
mailboxes would be 6.5, even if the clients are still only 6.0.

Yes the GWIA from 6.5 has many more features than the 6.0 version.
RBLs being not the least.
http://www.novell.com/documentation/gw65/index.html?page=/documentation/gw65/gw65_install/data/a8t9nzp.html



On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 08:10:42 GMT, Stuartr@nospam.please (Stuart
Robinson) wrote:

>Thanks for all your comments. 
>
>> However you are licensing mailboxes and not the domains, so if you
>> left the post offices as 6.0 and just upgraded the domains, then you
>> could make all of this work correctly without breaking any licensing
>> deals
>
>Ah I see. So in reality I have two basic options;
>
>1. The SBS 6.5 license allows me to use 6.0, so I just install 6.0 on the 
>new server. 
>
>2. I could use the GW 6.5 disks that come with SBS 6.5 to upgrade the 
>primary domain to GW 6.5 (and the MTA & PO agents since the server with 
>the primary also runs a PO), and that will happily talk to the other GW 
>6.0 domains and POs.
>
>Could I also use the GW 6.5 disks to upgrade the GWIA, which also runs on 
>the primary server ?. There are no particular issues with the current 
>GWIA, but are there any benefits in using the latest version ?
>
>Stuart.

Tim
___________________
Tim Heywood (SYSOP)
NDS8
Scotland
(God's Country)
___________________

In theory, practice and theory are the same
In Practice, they are different
0
Tim
11/3/2004 9:22:33 PM
> Yes the GWIA from 6.5 has many more features than the 6.0 version.
> RBLs being not the least.

I see, the RBL and your ability to define your own blocks could be useful. 

Can you just upgrade the GWIA to 6.5 on the primary ?

The current situation is that the GW6 primary is on the same server as the 
GWIA and one PO. 

Stuart.
0
Stuartr
11/4/2004 9:25:57 AM
> Would the SBS6.5 you have be the only Netware media you have, there is
> absolutely no legal way for you to get your hands on an unrestricted
> GW6.0 media. 

I take your point, but am I mistaken in recalling that the GW6 service 
pack comes with a complete set of all the files required to set up GW6 ?

Stuart.
0
Stuartr
11/4/2004 9:25:57 AM
On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 09:25:57 GMT, Stuartr@nospam.please (Stuart
Robinson) wrote:

>> Yes the GWIA from 6.5 has many more features than the 6.0 version.
>> RBLs being not the least.
>
>I see, the RBL and your ability to define your own blocks could be useful. 
>
>Can you just upgrade the GWIA to 6.5 on the primary ?
>
>The current situation is that the GW6 primary is on the same server as the 
>GWIA and one PO. 
>
>Stuart.


That one PO would be your problem.  I would create a new secondary
(GW6), promote that to the primary, upgrade it to 6.5 and then you can
add the new site as you wish.  If you happen to use the GWIA on that
new domain...

Tim
___________________
Tim Heywood (SYSOP)
NDS8
Scotland
(God's Country)
___________________

In theory, practice and theory are the same
In Practice, they are different
0
Tim
11/4/2004 6:45:10 PM
All but a few crucial files.  You require the original media to
acquire those files.



On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 09:25:57 GMT, Stuartr@nospam.please (Stuart
Robinson) wrote:

>> Would the SBS6.5 you have be the only Netware media you have, there is
>> absolutely no legal way for you to get your hands on an unrestricted
>> GW6.0 media. 
>
>I take your point, but am I mistaken in recalling that the GW6 service 
>pack comes with a complete set of all the files required to set up GW6 ?
>
>Stuart.

Tim
___________________
Tim Heywood (SYSOP)
NDS8
Scotland
(God's Country)
___________________

In theory, practice and theory are the same
In Practice, they are different
0
Tim
11/4/2004 6:46:45 PM
On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 12:50:36 GMT, Massimo Rosen
<mrosenno@spamcfc-it.de> wrote:

>I actually don't think this is true. It only is for CLA/MLA type full
>GW6.5 licenses. If, however, this SBS server would be an update from
>SBS6.0 (which comes with GW6.0), you would be allowed to update only the
>OS, but continue to run the previous GW version.
>There's a strong pointer that using a previous version is not allowed:
>Would the SBS6.5 you have be the only Netware media you have, there is
>absolutely no legal way for you to get your hands on an unrestricted
>GW6.0 media. 


Massimo, the big change with the ZfD4 and GW6 license (full product
not SBS) was the inclusion of the words "or Prior version"   Thus if
you used GW5.5 you could purchase additional licenses(for GW6) and
keep on  using gw5.5 with a legal license count.   As long as the
total mailboxes used are matched with licenses for that version or a
later version (and obviously a upgraded license would not count) then
that is OK.   I have a client who hit this problem, they are a CLA now
(because I got them one) but they used to be red box.  I had to sort
this for them and Novell UK showed me the text in the license.


Tim
___________________
Tim Heywood (SYSOP)
NDS8
Scotland
(God's Country)
___________________

In theory, practice and theory are the same
In Practice, they are different
0
Tim
11/4/2004 6:52:01 PM
Stuart,

Stuart Robinson wrote:
> 
> > Would the SBS6.5 you have be the only Netware media you have, there is
> > absolutely no legal way for you to get your hands on an unrestricted
> > GW6.0 media.
> 
> I take your point, but am I mistaken in recalling that the GW6 service
> pack comes with a complete set of all the files required to set up GW6 ?

What Tim said. The service packs are *not* complete. That's why the
first thing they do when you start the setup.exe in their root, is to
ask for the original CD.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0
Massimo
11/4/2004 10:25:41 PM
Tim,

"Tim Heywood (NSC SYSOP)" wrote:
> 
> Massimo, the big change with the ZfD4 and GW6 license (full product
> not SBS) was the inclusion of the words "or Prior version"  

Look again. This is exclusively true for XLA licenses. Not for SBS.

> Thus if
> you used GW5.5 you could purchase additional licenses(for GW6) and
> keep on  using gw5.5 with a legal license count.   

True. But that's not the point here. You're not allowed to use *any*
part of SBS outside of that SBS server. 

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0
Massimo
11/4/2004 10:29:39 PM
Ah IC, tvm.

Stuart.
0
Stuartr
11/5/2004 7:58:12 AM
So it would appear that the cheapest option, short term wise,  would be to 
buy a boxed copy of GW6.5 and that would allow me to install GW6.0 on the 
new SBS server (the company do have legit media for GW6.0).

That course of action would avoid complications and expense of upgrading 
the GW6.0 50 user primary. 

Stuart.
0
Stuartr
11/5/2004 9:27:17 AM
Correct.



On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 09:27:17 GMT, Stuartr@nospam.please (Stuart
Robinson) wrote:

>So it would appear that the cheapest option, short term wise,  would be to 
>buy a boxed copy of GW6.5 and that would allow me to install GW6.0 on the 
>new SBS server (the company do have legit media for GW6.0).
>
>That course of action would avoid complications and expense of upgrading 
>the GW6.0 50 user primary. 
>
>Stuart.

Tim
___________________
Tim Heywood (SYSOP)
NDS8
Scotland
(God's Country)
___________________

In theory, practice and theory are the same
In Practice, they are different
0
Tim
11/5/2004 1:41:28 PM
Thanks for your help.

Stuart.
0
Stuartr
11/5/2004 3:20:49 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Groupwise 6.5 with groupwise 6
Hi, I am currently setting up a test groupwise 6.5 server to evaluate the product. I would like to connect it to our current groupwise 6 server to allow sending and recieving of email across our whole company. I don't want to impact on our live server (groupwise 6). What would be the best way to get the two running together with the lease impact on the live system. BTW - the 6.5 server is in its own test tree. Cheers Michael Penney Serco Assurance michael.penney@sercoassurance.com wrote: > I am currently setting up a test groupwise 6.5 server to evaluate the...

Migrating from GroupWise 6 on Netware 6 to GroupWise 6.5 on Linux
I have transfer data from GroupWise 6 on Netware to GroupWise 6.5 on Linux. The data is successfully copied using dbcopy and the mailbox is accessible from both Linux and Windows clients. Great so far, but the funny thing is whenever I try to create or modify any user DN in eDirectory on Linux or the GroupWise account information that the changes are completely ignored by GroupWise. This does not happen if I were to create a Post Office from scratch. Only when I migrate the data over. It seems to me that there is a local database within GroupWise that it is not accessing the eDirectory ...

Graft between Groupwise 6 and Groupwise 6.5
We have NW6 server with NDS crashed This server doesn't boot NW6 (error in stage 3 at startup.ncf) We can access data on sys: by mouting it into an other installation of Netware (volume renamed with portlock) On the crashed server we have a Groupwise6 installed We want install a new NW6.5 server with a new NDS with same names for TREE,CONTEXT,... And recreate the users with same names On this one, installing Groupwise 6.5 Can we retrieve data from the old mailboxes? If it is possible how do we proceed? Wich operation must we do? I think we can do that with grafting but can...

Netware 5.0+Groupwise 6.0 -->> Netware 6.0+Groupwise 6.5
Hi. We've got a Netware 5.0 server running Groupwise 6.0 and we would like to upgrade it to Netware 6.0 with Groupwise 6.5. What's the safest way of doing this? We've got a spare server where we can dump things temporarily. Should we upgrade Groupwise first or Netware? Thanks... Scott Le Brun Computer Operations Co-ordinator Mount Scopus Memorial College slebrun@no-spam.scopus.vic.edu.au: > Should we upgrade Groupwise first or Netware? Personally, I'd upgrade Netware first, make sure GW works in it's current config and then upgrade GW....

GroupWise 6.5 Sp1 to GroupWise 6.5 Sp2 upgrade
Do the .dc files need to be copied for the sp1 to sp2 upgrade? Or is loading of the newer nlm's sufficient? Thanks... I can't remember if the .dc files changed, but I'd copy the new ones over to be on the safe side Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ ...

GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5
...

Using Groupwise 6.0 and Groupwise 6.5
I have a user that can log into his email on Groupwise 6.0 and open his email. When he logs into Groupwise 6.5 he can see his email but he cannot open it. Is there a reason why he can't do this? If there is a way to fix this problem any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You Jason Roggentien Jroggen, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgeb...

Upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5
Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. Thanks Eric There is some reasonable documentation on how to do an upgrade at www.novell.com/documentation/lg/gw65 If you want the best and most comprehensive guide to how to upgrade and what might go wrong I would get the Upgrade guide from www.caledonia.net Tim On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:36:04 GMT, xeemxais@hotmail.com wrote: >Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise >6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. > >Th...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 migration
I have a bit of problem and not sure which way I should tackle this one. I have 2 x Netware 4.11 servers, which will be upgraded to Netware 6.5 and one of these servers have Groupwise 5.5 which will be upgraded to Groupwise 6.5. The one server is being used for Groupwise archiving and currently setup for UNC for archiving, i.e. p:\\ab_hp, on this server I was planning on using the migration wizard as this server also holds the user data. On the 2nd server which Groupwise is running and the clients are configured for tcp/ip connectivity to the groupwise system. This server onl...

GroupWise 6.5 WebAccess and GroupWise 5.5
Greetings, We are in the middle of upgrading our GroupWise from 5.5 to 6.5.1. The old version of the Webaccess will not access 6.5 databases so we have two versions on Webaccess installed on two different servers (one is a 4.11 and the new one is 5.1). 1. Is it possible to make the new version of Webaccess work with the 5.5 databases? I know it looks like you should be able to do this but has anyone actually done it? 2. Also could you run the Webaccess twice on the same server, one to access the 6.5 POAs and one for 5.5, if you use a different port? 3. If this will w...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 #3
I have two Servers,Data(Primary) and Groupwise. Data Server was Migrated to NSBS 6.5 from Netware 5.0. Groupwise server is Netware 5.0 with Groupwise 5.5. What would be the best course to Upgrade Groupwise server to NSBS 6.5 and then Upgrade Groupwise to 6.5? I know I can not upgrade to NSBS 6.5 from Netware 5.0 and I wish to keep Groupwise Data intact. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks Leo Admin, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been ...

Migrate Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5
I wonder if someone has migrated Groupwise 5.5 to 6.5? The server runs today Groupwise 5.5 without sp. --Patrik Hi Patrik, >I wonder if someone has migrated Groupwise 5.5 to 6.5? If that's the only question you have, the answer is yes. ;-) If you want to know more, take a look at THE gw upgrade guide for all other answers: http://www.caledonia.net/update65.html regards -Frank Korpershoek- :Korpershoek Networking: :tel +31 15 2130034:mob +31 6 55730822:fax +31 15 2124278: ...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade
I am preparing for a Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade and am asking if there are any recommended procedures or best practices I should be following. I have not been able to find much information on 5.5 to 6.5 upgrades. Any input would be appreciated. Thank-you. --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This may be purest voodoo, but the only problems I have encountered are = those of the databases not updating to the latest version after the = install. If you have your post -office set to clie...

GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5 #2
I currently am using GroupWise 5.5e on a Novell 4.11 server . I want to go to GroupWise 6.5 on a Windows 2000 Server computer but I can not find any thing that tells me how to move or migrate the database.. Has anyone done this.. It's pretty much just a case of copying the domain and PO directories to Windows, running the Windows agent installs and changing paths in ConsoleOne - UNLESS you have external document storage locations for DMS -that needs some extra help. -- Danita Zanre Novell Volunteer Sysop www.caledonia.net/iris.html > It's pretty much just a cas...

GroupWise 6 SP5 beta client is GroupWise 6.5
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2967892.htm says it's GW6 SP5, but it's actually a beta for the GroupWise 6.5 client. I sent an e-mail to Novell about it but they tell me I should report it here or open an incident ... Hmm. Well, that's done. - Gert GWCheck.com Gert, thank you very much, I reported it! Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so. Confirmed and Seconded Tim On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 23:29:31 GMT, "Gert" <...

GroupWise 5.5.5 client to GroupWise 6.5 System?
Will a GroupWise 5.5.5 client attach to a GroupWise 6.5 server okay for a temporary period of time? IT Staff will need time to update all of the clients manually. Want to make sure there will be no immediate loss of function after we upgrade GroupWise 5.5.5 to 6.5... THANKS! should be ok order of upgrade pri domain other domains/post offices clients gateways -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Nov...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 server clients
I have a bit of problem and not sure which way I should tackle this one. I have 2 x Netware 4.11 servers, which will be upgraded to Netware 6.5 and one of these servers have Groupwise 5.5 which will be upgraded to Groupwise 6.5. The one server is being used for Groupwise archiving and currently setup for UNC for archiving, i.e. p:\\ab_hp, on this server I was planning on using the migration wizard as this server also holds the user data. On the 2nd server which Groupwise is running and the clients are configured for tcp/ip connectivity to the groupwise system. This server only hold...

Groupwise webaccess (6.5) and Groupwise 5.5.4
Dear All, We still using GW 5.5.4 and hoping to upgrade to GW 6.5 early next year. One of the first things we have been asked to do (by the MAnagers) is to get Webaccess working. Will 6.5 Webaccess work with the GW 5.5.4 MTA/POA's - i.e Can we get away with installing Webaccess first and then migrating the MTA/POAs ? Will there be a client functionality difference between 5.5. webaccess and 6.5. I know there was no proxy in 5.5 ?? Many Thanks for any help. Varuni CNE6 varuniw@hotmail.com wrote: > Will 6.5 Webaccess work with the GW 5.5.4 MTA/POA's - i....

groupwise 5.5 on netware [to] groupwise 6.5 on windows
Hello all, I am trying to search everywhere I can to find someone with the same setup as I'm encountering and looking for any type of documenation available on this subject and I can't find it. Can anyone here help me in the direction I need to go with this? I have a netware/groupwise 5.5 machine and I want to move this to a new groupwise 6.5 domain on a windows 2003 box. How can I migrate this over? I see options for migrating from netware to netware using the migration tool and also see some links on migrating netware to linux but not to windows? Anyone help? Tha...

Groupwise 6.5 client with Groupwise 5.5 server?
Is it possible to run Groupwise 6.5 clients with Groupwise 5.5 server? Reason why I'm asking is that there are 160 clients and I'd rather install Groupwise 6.5 client first then upgrade the Groupwise 5.5 server to Groupwise 6.5. Thanks Sorry, but no. It does however works the other way around -- Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen IT Quality A/S Denmark Novell Support Forums SYSOP Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB Be a GroupWiseR...

Migrate/Upgrade/Move GroupWise 6 PO to a GroupWise 6.5
Hello All, I am currently try to test the change over from NDS 8.82 and GroupWise 6.02 on Netware 5.1 to eDirectory and GroupWise 6.5 on Windows 2003. I have a 6.5 PO up and running with edirectory on a test network. I am also restored a PO of ours to that same server. I need to know how I would go about moving the users and email form the GroupWise 6.02 to the GroupWise 6/5 PO. All our users are external entities so there are no NDS accounts to be created for the users. Has anyone done this? Thanks Dup Post from Install-Setup <RJLayton@stpete.org> wrote...

Will the GroupWise 6.5 client work with GroupWise 6.0?
Will the GroupWise 6.5 client work with GroupWise 6.0? Thanks! Hi, dlorenzen@vtg.biz wrote: > > Will the GroupWise 6.5 client work with GroupWise 6.0? No. CU, -- Massimo Rosen Novell Support Connection Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de ...

Migrate/Upgrade/Move GroupWise 6 PO to a GroupWise 6.5
Hello All, I am currently try to test the change over from NDS 8.82 and GroupWise 6.02 on Netware 5.1 to eDirectory and GroupWise 6.5 on Windows 2003. I have a 6.5 PO up and running with edirectory on a test network. I am also restored a PO of ours to that same server. I need to know how I would go about moving the users and email form the GroupWise 6.02 to the GroupWise 6/5 PO. All our users are external entities so there are no NDS accounts to be created for the users. Has anyone done this? Thanks I think this is how you'll want to go about it.... In...

Upgrading GroupWise 6.0.2 to GroupWise 6.5.x
Has anyone seen any problems upgrading the GroupWise version mentioned in the subject line? askiles@hccsc.k12.in.us wrote: > > Has anyone seen any problems upgrading the GroupWise version mentioned in > the subject line? Our upgrade went very smooth from 6.0.2. I recommend going straight to 6.5.1, though! -- Jim NSC Sysop ...

Web resources about - Groupwise 6 and Groupwise 6.5 - novell.groupwise.6x.install

GroupWise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GroupWise is a messaging and collaboration platform from Novell that supports email , calendaring , personal information management , instant ...

BlackBerry Enterprise IM Clients (OCS, Sametime, GroupWise) Get v2.5 Update
Most of RIM's enterprise-specific BlackBerry instant messaging and collaboration clients have been updated to version 2.5, adding credence to ...

Los Angeles goes Google; dumps GroupWise; shuns Microsoft; ignores IBM
The City of Los Angeles has had it with GroupWise, and will replace it with Google Apps. It's a big win for la GOOG, especially as it beat Microsoft ...

Collaboration: Novell Releases GroupWise 2014
Novell has put the finishing touches on GroupWise 2014, marking the first time the company has updated the collaboration platform since 2012. ...

Novell GroupWise goes mobile with iPhone support
The company’s new mobile solution will work with any ActiveSync-enabled device Novell's messaging and collaboration platform, GroupWise, has ...

No One Cares That Novell Has A New Version of GroupWise
Today Novell released its 2012 version of its email software GroupWise , and the announcement was greeted by most with a big yawn. GroupWise? ...

Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook
Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook is a professional tool for the migration of GroupWise mailboxes to MS Outlook. Many GroupWise...

App Store - DejaOffice
Get DejaOffice on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Email - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electronic mail , commonly known as email or e-mail , is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. Modern ...

SBS looks to Cloud services - cloud computing, email, GroupWise, Klaus Schelp, Microsoft Office 365 ...
When Klaus Schelp started at SBS at the beginning of this year he focused on business outcomes ahead of technology operations. As the head of ...

Resources last updated: 2/19/2016 8:02:37 AM