GroupWise 5.5.5 client to GroupWise 6.5 System?

Will a GroupWise 5.5.5 client attach to a GroupWise 6.5 server okay for a
temporary period of time? IT Staff will need time to update all of the
clients manually. Want to make sure there will be no immediate loss of
function after we upgrade GroupWise 5.5.5 to 6.5...

THANKS!

novell.groupwise.6x.install 6728 articles. 0 followers. Follow

should be ok

order of upgrade

pri domain
other domains/post offices
clients
gateways

--
Michael J. Bell
Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)

PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!

All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless
specifically identified as such.

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

"You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"

Johnny Cash (RIP)

"R Carroll" <rcarroll@cspinc.com> wrote in message

> Will a GroupWise 5.5.5 client attach to a GroupWise 6.5 server okay for a
> temporary period of time? IT Staff will need time to update all of the
> clients manually. Want to make sure there will be no immediate loss of
> function after we upgrade GroupWise 5.5.5 to 6.5...
>
> THANKS!

0
Michael
2/20/2004 7:48:03 PM
Wait a minute? How do we upgrade "clients" before "gateways"? We have to
have GWIA reinstalled and up and running right away. Or did I misunderstand?
By the way, we have just one Domain, one PO... GWIA, and over 100 clients...

THANKS!

"Michael Bell" <mikebellno90spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> should be ok
>
> order of upgrade
>
> pri domain
> other domains/post offices
> clients
> gateways
>

> --
> Michael J. Bell
> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop
> Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)
>
> PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
> I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!
>
> All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless
> specifically identified as such.
>
> Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>
> "You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
> for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
> turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"
>
> Johnny Cash (RIP)
>
> "R Carroll" <rcarroll@cspinc.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Will a GroupWise 5.5.5 client attach to a GroupWise 6.5 server okay for
> > temporary period of time? IT Staff will need time to update all of the
> > clients manually. Want to make sure there will be no immediate loss of
> > function after we upgrade GroupWise 5.5.5 to 6.5...
> >
> > THANKS!

Ok, but

a) old gwia works with 6.5
b) new gwia cannot do pop/imap with old pos

which is why the order recommended. It's fine otherwise to switch em

--

> Wait a minute? How do we upgrade "clients" before "gateways"? We have to
> have GWIA reinstalled and up and running right away. Or did I
misunderstand?
> By the way, we have just one Domain, one PO... GWIA, and over 100
clients...

> THANKS!
>

> "Michael Bell" <mikebellno90spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > should be ok
> >
> > order of upgrade
> >
> > pri domain
> > other domains/post offices
> > clients
> > gateways
> >

> > --
> > Michael J. Bell
> > Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop
> > Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)
> >
> > PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
> > I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!
> >
> > All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless
> > specifically identified as such.
> >
> > Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
> > Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> > http://support.novell.com/enhancement
> >
> > "You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
> > for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
> > turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"
> >
> > Johnny Cash (RIP)
> >
> > "R Carroll" <rcarroll@cspinc.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Will a GroupWise 5.5.5 client attach to a GroupWise 6.5 server okay
for
> > > temporary period of time? IT Staff will need time to update all of the
> > > clients manually. Want to make sure there will be no immediate loss of
> > > function after we upgrade GroupWise 5.5.5 to 6.5...
> > >
> > > THANKS!

0
Michael

GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 server clients
I have a bit of problem and not sure which way I should tackle this one. I have 2 x Netware 4.11 servers, which will be upgraded to Netware 6.5 and one of these servers have Groupwise 5.5 which will be upgraded to Groupwise 6.5. The one server is being used for Groupwise archiving and currently setup for UNC for archiving, i.e. p:\\ab_hp, on this server I was planning on using the migration wizard as this server also holds the user data. On the 2nd server which Groupwise is running and the clients are configured for tcp/ip connectivity to the groupwise system. This server only hold...

Groupwise 6.5 client with Groupwise 5.5 server?
Is it possible to run Groupwise 6.5 clients with Groupwise 5.5 server? Reason why I'm asking is that there are 160 clients and I'd rather install Groupwise 6.5 client first then upgrade the Groupwise 5.5 server to Groupwise 6.5. Thanks Sorry, but no. It does however works the other way around -- Best Regards Tommy Mikkelsen IT Quality A/S Denmark Novell Support Forums SYSOP Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn Sorry, but no support through email "I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB Be a GroupWiseR...

groupwise 5.5 server groupwise 5.5 client multipule mails
i have a user that is getting the same e-mail from a cient she has. she's getting socres of the same e-mail. i made her logout of groupwise. i also see other mail disappear as this multipule e-mails come in. anyway i can stop this. this client's e-mail address is legit. I don't want her mailbox to crash please help regards, harry Harryste, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following opti...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 #3
I have two Servers,Data(Primary) and Groupwise. Data Server was Migrated to NSBS 6.5 from Netware 5.0. Groupwise server is Netware 5.0 with Groupwise 5.5. What would be the best course to Upgrade Groupwise server to NSBS 6.5 and then Upgrade Groupwise to 6.5? I know I can not upgrade to NSBS 6.5 from Netware 5.0 and I wish to keep Groupwise Data intact. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks Leo Admin, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been ...

GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5 #2
I currently am using GroupWise 5.5e on a Novell 4.11 server . I want to go to GroupWise 6.5 on a Windows 2000 Server computer but I can not find any thing that tells me how to move or migrate the database.. Has anyone done this.. It's pretty much just a case of copying the domain and PO directories to Windows, running the Windows agent installs and changing paths in ConsoleOne - UNLESS you have external document storage locations for DMS -that needs some extra help. -- Danita Zanre Novell Volunteer Sysop www.caledonia.net/iris.html > It's pretty much just a cas...

Upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5
Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise 6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. Thanks Eric There is some reasonable documentation on how to do an upgrade at www.novell.com/documentation/lg/gw65 If you want the best and most comprehensive guide to how to upgrade and what might go wrong I would get the Upgrade guide from www.caledonia.net Tim On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:36:04 GMT, xeemxais@hotmail.com wrote: >Does anyone have any advice on how to upgrade GroupWise 5.5 to GroupWise >6.5?. Any upgrade guide for this?. > >Th...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 migration
I have a bit of problem and not sure which way I should tackle this one. I have 2 x Netware 4.11 servers, which will be upgraded to Netware 6.5 and one of these servers have Groupwise 5.5 which will be upgraded to Groupwise 6.5. The one server is being used for Groupwise archiving and currently setup for UNC for archiving, i.e. p:\\ab_hp, on this server I was planning on using the migration wizard as this server also holds the user data. On the 2nd server which Groupwise is running and the clients are configured for tcp/ip connectivity to the groupwise system. This server onl...

GroupWise 6.5 WebAccess and GroupWise 5.5
Greetings, We are in the middle of upgrading our GroupWise from 5.5 to 6.5.1. The old version of the Webaccess will not access 6.5 databases so we have two versions on Webaccess installed on two different servers (one is a 4.11 and the new one is 5.1). 1. Is it possible to make the new version of Webaccess work with the 5.5 databases? I know it looks like you should be able to do this but has anyone actually done it? 2. Also could you run the Webaccess twice on the same server, one to access the 6.5 POAs and one for 5.5, if you use a different port? 3. If this will w...

Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade
I am preparing for a Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5 upgrade and am asking if there are any recommended procedures or best practices I should be following. I have not been able to find much information on 5.5 to 6.5 upgrades. Any input would be appreciated. Thank-you. --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This may be purest voodoo, but the only problems I have encountered are = those of the databases not updating to the latest version after the = install. If you have your post -office set to clie...

Migrate Groupwise 5.5 to Groupwise 6.5
I wonder if someone has migrated Groupwise 5.5 to 6.5? The server runs today Groupwise 5.5 without sp. --Patrik Hi Patrik, >I wonder if someone has migrated Groupwise 5.5 to 6.5? If that's the only question you have, the answer is yes. ;-) If you want to know more, take a look at THE gw upgrade guide for all other answers: http://www.caledonia.net/update65.html regards -Frank Korpershoek- :Korpershoek Networking: :tel +31 15 2130034:mob +31 6 55730822:fax +31 15 2124278: ...

groupwise 5.5 on netware [to] groupwise 6.5 on windows
Hello all, I am trying to search everywhere I can to find someone with the same setup as I'm encountering and looking for any type of documenation available on this subject and I can't find it. Can anyone here help me in the direction I need to go with this? I have a netware/groupwise 5.5 machine and I want to move this to a new groupwise 6.5 domain on a windows 2003 box. How can I migrate this over? I see options for migrating from netware to netware using the migration tool and also see some links on migrating netware to linux but not to windows? Anyone help? Tha...

Groupwise webaccess (6.5) and Groupwise 5.5.4
Dear All, We still using GW 5.5.4 and hoping to upgrade to GW 6.5 early next year. One of the first things we have been asked to do (by the MAnagers) is to get Webaccess working. Will 6.5 Webaccess work with the GW 5.5.4 MTA/POA's - i.e Can we get away with installing Webaccess first and then migrating the MTA/POAs ? Will there be a client functionality difference between 5.5. webaccess and 6.5. I know there was no proxy in 5.5 ?? Many Thanks for any help. Varuni CNE6 varuniw@hotmail.com wrote: > Will 6.5 Webaccess work with the GW 5.5.4 MTA/POA's - i....

GroupWise 5.5.5 under Netware 6.5
I have not been able to get my Groupwise snapins back since I upgraded my Groupwise server to Netware 6.5. Is there any way to do this? Recopy the snapins from the SDD Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ I got an error before, but this time it worked. Thanks. "Dave Parkes" <Dave@Norgren.co.uk> wrote in message news:MPG.1a495f6d48d9516ce6@support-forums.novell.com... > Recopy the snapins from the SDD > > Cheers Dave > > > -- > > Dave Parkes [NSCS] ...

Web resources about - GroupWise 5.5.5 client to GroupWise 6.5 System? - novell.groupwise.6x.install

GroupWise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GroupWise is a messaging and collaboration platform from Novell that supports email , calendaring , personal information management , instant ...

BlackBerry Enterprise IM Clients (OCS, Sametime, GroupWise) Get v2.5 Update
Most of RIM's enterprise-specific BlackBerry instant messaging and collaboration clients have been updated to version 2.5, adding credence to ...

Los Angeles goes Google; dumps GroupWise; shuns Microsoft; ignores IBM
The City of Los Angeles has had it with GroupWise, and will replace it with Google Apps. It's a big win for la GOOG, especially as it beat Microsoft ...

Collaboration: Novell Releases GroupWise 2014
Novell has put the finishing touches on GroupWise 2014, marking the first time the company has updated the collaboration platform since 2012. ...

Novell GroupWise goes mobile with iPhone support
The company’s new mobile solution will work with any ActiveSync-enabled device Novell's messaging and collaboration platform, GroupWise, has ...

No One Cares That Novell Has A New Version of GroupWise
Today Novell released its 2012 version of its email software GroupWise , and the announcement was greeted by most with a big yawn. GroupWise? ...

Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook
Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook is a professional tool for the migration of GroupWise mailboxes to MS Outlook. Many GroupWise...

App Store - DejaOffice
Get DejaOffice on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Email - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electronic mail , commonly known as email or e-mail , is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. Modern ...

SBS looks to Cloud services - cloud computing, email, GroupWise, Klaus Schelp, Microsoft Office 365 ...
When Klaus Schelp started at SBS at the beginning of this year he focused on business outcomes ahead of technology operations. As the head of ...