Multiple GWIAs - server config for GWIA

--____NIDZAURHDWSSXDWGQASR____

I realize that this is a second posting - no one responded to first one.

I'm looking to take some load off of our present GWIA.  We run all of our =
GroupWise stuff only on NetWare servers, the GWIA sits on a NetWare 6.5 =
SP5a server (a ProLiant DL360 G3) and is dedicated on that server - =
nothing else runs on that server except GWIA and McAfee's NetShield, with =
the proper exceptions for virus scanning).  We are currently running =
GroupWise 6.5 SP6 on our GWIA (SP3 on the POAs until next month when they =
will get pushed up to SP6 - our plans are to implement 7.0 SP1 sometime =
this summer).  The server has 2 Gig of RAM and over 15 Gig of free disk =
space.  Most of time the server sits in the single digit utilization =
range.  We host email as a hospital for over 10,000 accounts and we have a =
SPAM server upstream that talks to our GWIA via SMTP to verify that the =
target email address is actually valid in our GWIA before performing =
anti-SPAM and anti-virus measures.  One big no-no that we do have to =
correct is to put the GWIA in it's own domain and make that the primary =
domain.  Our primary domain has 7 post offices and 7 gateways.  That =
aside, I would like to ensure that the settings are correct in throttling =
the GWIA and our current primary MTA. =20

Second point - I want to look at setting up a secondary GWIA for outbound =
traffic.  We have an increasing amount of servers with paging functions =
that go through our current GWIA.  In addition, we have a bunch of IMAP =
folks who still point to the GWIA (I'm pushing them to their Post Offices =
as I can).  I'd like to look to set up a secondary GWIA, for this traffic, =
helping to offload the primary GWIA.  Is this even possible?  Are there =
documents and TIDs for this type of setup?

If I'm only permitted to have one GWIA, what configuration steps can I =
take to make that application scream on it's current server?

Paul Caron, CNE, MCSE
Maine Medical Center
caronpNOMO@SPAMmmc.org