GWIA

I have a small GW setup with 1 domain, 2 PO's (1 at HO and 1 at branch

office), 2 MTA's (1 for WA) and the GWIA. If I move my Internet
connection
away from HO to the branch office is it ok to setup a secondary domain
at
the branch office and run the GWIA in that until I can move all of the

domain structure to the branch office at a later date??

Thanks,
Paul.





0
Paul
6/16/2003 11:03:51 AM
novell.groupwise.6x.gwia 5303 articles. 0 followers. Follow

4 Replies
506 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 23

Hi,

Sure, this wont be a problem. Create your secondary domain at them
branch,
and setup the new GWIA there. In ConsoleOne, goto tools menu -> system

operations -> internet addressing and select the new gwia from the
drop
down. This will make all outbound mail go to the new gwia. You'll need
to
get in touch with your ISP and change your domains MX record to point
to
that gwias ip address to get the inbound stuff working too.

Cheers,

Steve

"Paul Slade" <paul.slade@bbr.com> wrote in message
news:ruhHa.700$Qe2.665@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> I have a small GW setup with 1 domain, 2 PO's (1 at HO and 1 at
branch
> office), 2 MTA's (1 for WA) and the GWIA. If I move my Internet
connection
> away from HO to the branch office is it ok to setup a secondary
domain at
> the branch office and run the GWIA in that until I can move all of
the
> domain structure to the branch office at a later date??
>
> Thanks,
> Paul.
>
>





0
Steve
6/16/2003 11:45:30 AM
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick response. As we will be keeping out public
address
range incoming should be fine without any changes.

The secondary domain/GWIA will be remote across a WAN link from the
primary
domain but I'm assuming this will not be a problem.

Paul.
"Steve Aitken" <forums@sdaitken.co.uk> wrote in message
news:u5iHa.739$Qe2.703@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Hi,
>
> Sure, this wont be a problem. Create your secondary domain at them
branch,
> and setup the new GWIA there. In ConsoleOne, goto tools menu ->
system
> operations -> internet addressing and select the new gwia from the
drop
> down. This will make all outbound mail go to the new gwia. You'll
need to
> get in touch with your ISP and change your domains MX record to
point to
> that gwias ip address to get the inbound stuff working too.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steve
>
> "Paul Slade" <paul.slade@bbr.com> wrote in message
> news:ruhHa.700$Qe2.665@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> > I have a small GW setup with 1 domain, 2 PO's (1 at HO and 1 at
branch
> > office), 2 MTA's (1 for WA) and the GWIA. If I move my Internet
connection
> > away from HO to the branch office is it ok to setup a secondary
domain
at
> > the branch office and run the GWIA in that until I can move all of
the
> > domain structure to the branch office at a later date??
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Paul.
> >
> >
>
>





0
Paul
6/16/2003 11:59:03 AM
Hi Paul,

No problems there as long as you use tcpip links between domains, but
bear
in mind that all internet mail will be shunted across the wan until
your
move is complete.

Cheers,

Steve


"Paul Slade" <paul.slade@bbr.com> wrote in message
news:biiHa.753$Qe2.657@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Hi Steve,
>
> Thanks for the quick response. As we will be keeping out public
address
> range incoming should be fine without any changes.
>
> The secondary domain/GWIA will be remote across a WAN link from the
primary
> domain but I'm assuming this will not be a problem.
>
> Paul.
> "Steve Aitken" <forums@sdaitken.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:u5iHa.739$Qe2.703@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sure, this wont be a problem. Create your secondary domain at them

branch,
> > and setup the new GWIA there. In ConsoleOne, goto tools menu ->
system
> > operations -> internet addressing and select the new gwia from the
drop
> > down. This will make all outbound mail go to the new gwia. You'll
need
to
> > get in touch with your ISP and change your domains MX record to
point to
> > that gwias ip address to get the inbound stuff working too.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > "Paul Slade" <paul.slade@bbr.com> wrote in message
> > news:ruhHa.700$Qe2.665@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> > > I have a small GW setup with 1 domain, 2 PO's (1 at HO and 1 at
branch
> > > office), 2 MTA's (1 for WA) and the GWIA. If I move my Internet
> connection
> > > away from HO to the branch office is it ok to setup a secondary
domain
> at
> > > the branch office and run the GWIA in that until I can move all
of the
> > > domain structure to the branch office at a later date??
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Paul.
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>





0
Steve
6/16/2003 2:37:10 PM
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your help.

Paul.
"Steve Aitken" <forums@sdaitken.co.uk> wrote in message
news:qCkHa.922$Qe2.783@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Hi Paul,
>
> No problems there as long as you use tcpip links between domains,
but bear
> in mind that all internet mail will be shunted across the wan until
your
> move is complete.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steve
>
>
> "Paul Slade" <paul.slade@bbr.com> wrote in message
> news:biiHa.753$Qe2.657@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> > Hi Steve,
> >
> > Thanks for the quick response. As we will be keeping out public
address
> > range incoming should be fine without any changes.
> >
> > The secondary domain/GWIA will be remote across a WAN link from
the
> primary
> > domain but I'm assuming this will not be a problem.
> >
> > Paul.
> > "Steve Aitken" <forums@sdaitken.co.uk> wrote in message
> > news:u5iHa.739$Qe2.703@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Sure, this wont be a problem. Create your secondary domain at
them
> branch,
> > > and setup the new GWIA there. In ConsoleOne, goto tools menu ->
system
> > > operations -> internet addressing and select the new gwia from
the
drop
> > > down. This will make all outbound mail go to the new gwia.
You'll need
> to
> > > get in touch with your ISP and change your domains MX record to
point
to
> > > that gwias ip address to get the inbound stuff working too.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Steve
> > >
> > > "Paul Slade" <paul.slade@bbr.com> wrote in message
> > > news:ruhHa.700$Qe2.665@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> > > > I have a small GW setup with 1 domain, 2 PO's (1 at HO and 1
at
branch
> > > > office), 2 MTA's (1 for WA) and the GWIA. If I move my
Internet
> > connection
> > > > away from HO to the branch office is it ok to setup a
secondary
domain
> > at
> > > > the branch office and run the GWIA in that until I can move
all of
the
> > > > domain structure to the branch office at a later date??
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > > Paul.
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>





0
Paul
6/16/2003 5:18:16 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

To Gwia or not to Gwia
Hi everyone. I have 6.5.7 that is on a 10+ years box. It's time to put it to rest - I said but the boss does not want to spend the money - heard that before! It a suite using on GW and Gwava no other products. There are worried about email failure. So I'm trying GWAVA's Reload product. It works fine for the backup and the disaster recovery BUT you have no Gwia. Can I set up another Netware box with just the Gwia on it and disable the main box Gwia so that when the system fails ( and it will) we will have a email running service? Also is there a license issue here...

GWIA 55EP2 and GWIA 6x Differences
Hello, I am reading the Groupwise upgrade guide, as we are planning to upgrade from GW 55EP2 to GW 6.x. In there, it mentions that we may not want to upgrade right away to a 6.x GWIA, especially if we support POP3 or IMAP clients. And it seems to indicate that the GroupWise post offices now talk directly to a 6.x GWIA, while a 5.x GWIA always communicates through the MTA. Can someone explain to me the differences in the GWIA's so we can deploy our GW upgrade without surprises? We have a single GroupWise domain, Single GWIA, Single MTA, and 8 post offices distributed on ...

groupwise 5.5 GWIA out
i'm getting this message "Mailer-Daemon@gwiaout.mycompanydomain.com" The message that you sent was undeliverable to the following: amoralezz@yahoo.com (access denied) Possibly truncated original message follows: when we use other email clients to send e-mails out. if anyone knows what is wrong please help me. we run Groupwise 5.5 regards, anthony Look at GWIA Access Control -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I...

groupwise 5.5 gwia out
I've tested out 2 different e-mail clients our .bat one and outlook express. i think our GWIA-Out is having a problem sending mail using those clients. Could there be something in the way it processes the mail that is coming from an e-mail client that is not groupwise 5.5 mail client? regards, anthony Naw, but it's nearly impossible to safely set up 5.x in a way you don't expose yourself for spam relay... -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless ...

GWIA on GroupWise
Is is OK to have GWIA on the same server as Groupwise? Is it recommended against having both on the same machine? gvaray@consultant.com wrote: > Is is OK to have GWIA on the same server as Groupwise? Is it recommended > against having both on the same machine? What do you mean by "GroupWise"? GWIA is one agent in the groupwise system. It can peacefully coexist with the other agents (POA, MTA, gwinter, etc) just fine on the same box. -- Jim NSC Sysop It is just fine to have the gwia running on the same server. In fact, its just fine to have _everything_ ...

GWIA00.PRCGWWORK
Strange GWIA problem after 7.02(HP) update One file in GWIA00.PRCGWWORK directory is eating all disk space. File name 46bb703b.001 is now almost 4,2 Gb and its growing slowly. Total amount of files in that directory is 297 and other files size are normal 1-20 Kb. Our GWIA version is 7.0.2 HP. How can I clean this up? Sorry some technical problems with my question Here it is again.. Stange GWIA problem after 7.02 HP update One file in GWIA00.PRCGWWORK directory is now 4,2 Gb and it is growing slowly. Other files in directory are normal size. How do I clean this up...

gwia
Can one domain have two gwia installed? Please advise! thank you! april <april@123.com> wrote: > Can one domain have two gwia installed? > > Please advise! > > thank you! Yes - that's not a problem at all. -- Danita - www.caledonia.net/gwmove.html Danita Zanrè wrote: > april <april@123.com> wrote: >> Can one domain have two gwia installed? >> >> Please advise! >> >> thank you! > > Yes - that's not a problem at all. > Thanks a lot! Then after I configured the alternate gwi...

GWIA Bug Remains GWIA Closed
Well after having the issue in Groupwise 7 BETA, I see they have tried to fix it and its still broken. GWIA shows as closed and no inbound or outbound email is working. I see they changed the MTP port to 0 but that isn't working. I got it working by removing the 0 and putting 0 back in again. Restart gwia problem resolved. Andre Southgate wrote: > I see they changed the MTP port to 0 but that isn't working. I got it > working by removing the 0 and putting 0 back in again. Restart gwia > problem resolved. Glad it's fixed for you - and good info just ...

Multiple GWIAs
--____NIDZAURHDWSSXDWGQASR____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I realize that this is a second posting - no one responded to first one. I'm looking to take some load off of our present GWIA. We run all of our = GroupWise stuff only on NetWare servers, the GWIA sits on a NetWare 6.5 = SP5a server (a ProLiant DL360 G3) and is dedicated on that server - = nothing else runs on that server except GWIA and McAfee's NetShield, with = the proper exceptions for virus scanning). We are currently running = GroupWise 6.5 SP6...

GWIA on Linux
We are running GWIA on 2 different Linux servers. One is configured to send all outbound email and working just fine. The second is intended as a failover for the first GWIA. When I go to: DOMAIN1>Properties>GroupWise>Internet Addressing: Internet Agent for Outbound SMTP/MIME messages: Override check box, leave the default GWIA alone......then check box for Alternate Internet Agent for outbound SMTP/MIME messages and select the 2nd GWIA. The above "Alternate....." check box is greyed and not available to be selected. Thanks for the help in advance, Bill...

GWIA Config
We are being forced to use a "centralized" message relay host due to State mandates. So . . . most everything is working except messages sent to comcast.net. For some reason the GWIA is trying to communicate directly with comcast.net (76.96.62.116). Here is my configuration (all my GW systems are GW 7.0.3 lastest service patch, NW6.5SP8 server): PO - on its own server PO MTA - on its own server GWIA MTA and GWIA - on their own server GWIA is configured to use "Relay Host for outbound messages:" - domain.com The following is from my GWIA Log showing where ...

GWIA to GWIA Authentication, and User Authentication
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The GWIA documentation portions quoted below are rather vague. Here is = what I want to do: I have a NW6.5 based GWIA inside a firewall that = handles all traffic to a mail relay host for inbound and outbound = messages. I have a Second GWIA in a DMZ for IMAP users. I want the Second = GWIA to authenticate users before accepting any mail to send, and then I = want it to push everything to the inside GWIA to for relay to the relay = host. How can I do this? Out...

Web resources about - GWIA - novell.groupwise.6x.gwia

Is Peace Possible? (@IsPeacePossible) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up To bring you Twitter, we and our partners use cookies on our and other websites. Cookies help personalize Twitter content, tailor ...

Moving a GroupWise System from NetWare to a Windows Server
Need to move your GroupWise system from NetWare to a Windows server? This tip from Jim Michael should help ... +read more

Some important evidence of negative white birth rate
List of countries and territories by fertility rate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_territories_by_fertility_rate White people ...

INTERSNP - Genome-wide Interaction Analysis Software
INTERSNP is a software for genome-wide interaction analysis (GWIA) of case-control SNP data and quantitative traits.

Events at SFS - School of Foreign Service
Skip to main content Georgetown University Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service SFS Admissions SFS Academics SFS Research SFS Today Search: ...

Global Urban Development Magazine
METROPOLITAN ECONOMIC STRATEGY Eliminating Poverty Through Market-Based Social Entrepreneurship Muhammad Yunus I have chosen to discuss the ...

Group-wide Internal Audit Charter – Prudential plc
1. Mandate The primary objective of Group-wide Internal Audit (GwIA) is ‘to assist the Board, Group Executive Committee, Group Audit Committee ...

Part time jobs, full time jobs, working from home & flexible jobs - Working Mums - WorkingMums.co.uk
Work from home and find part time jobs, full time jobs and flexible jobs here at Working Mums. We offer flexible jobs for mums wanting a new ...

Support - Novell
Novell's technical support site with up-to-date patches and files, Knowledgebase, and forums.

Moving a GroupWise System from NetWare to a Windows Server - Cool Solutions - Novell
Need to move your GroupWise system from NetWare to a Windows server? This tip from Jim Michael should help ... +read more

Resources last updated: 12/18/2015 4:37:26 PM