GWIA on GroupWise

Is is OK to have GWIA on the same server as Groupwise? Is it recommended
against having both on the same machine?
0
gvaray
1/7/2005 10:32:03 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.gwia 5303 articles. 0 followers. Follow

gvaray@consultant.com wrote:
> Is is OK to have GWIA on the same server as Groupwise? Is it recommended
> against having both on the same machine?

What do you mean by "GroupWise"? GWIA is one agent in the groupwise
system. It can peacefully coexist with the other agents (POA, MTA,
gwinter, etc) just fine on the same box.

--
Jim
NSC Sysop

In fact, its just fine to have _everything_ running on the same server.
  Its not unusal to have a 100 user organization with all file, print,
GW, web, ftp and the rest of the kitchen sink running a single or dual
processor server with about 1 gig or ram installed.

Can you run GWIA on a seperate server?  Yes you can, either with it just
talking to the rest of the GWIA through standard authentication or
having its own little secondary domain ( the recommended way ).

- Bill

gvaray@consultant.com wrote:

> Is is OK to have GWIA on the same server as Groupwise? Is it recommended
> against having both on the same machine?
0
Bill

groupwise 5.5 GWIA out
i'm getting this message "Mailer-Daemon@gwiaout.mycompanydomain.com" The message that you sent was undeliverable to the following: amoralezz@yahoo.com (access denied) Possibly truncated original message follows: when we use other email clients to send e-mails out. if anyone knows what is wrong please help me. we run Groupwise 5.5 regards, anthony Look at GWIA Access Control -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I...

groupwise 5.5 gwia out
I've tested out 2 different e-mail clients our .bat one and outlook express. i think our GWIA-Out is having a problem sending mail using those clients. Could there be something in the way it processes the mail that is coming from an e-mail client that is not groupwise 5.5 mail client? regards, anthony Naw, but it's nearly impossible to safely set up 5.x in a way you don't expose yourself for spam relay... -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless ...

To Gwia or not to Gwia
Hi everyone. I have 6.5.7 that is on a 10+ years box. It's time to put it to rest - I said but the boss does not want to spend the money - heard that before! It a suite using on GW and Gwava no other products. There are worried about email failure. So I'm trying GWAVA's Reload product. It works fine for the backup and the disaster recovery BUT you have no Gwia. Can I set up another Netware box with just the Gwia on it and disable the main box Gwia so that when the system fails ( and it will) we will have a email running service? Also is there a license issue here...

groupwise 5.5 mail issue gwia out using non groupwise client
It's me again can anyone recommend a groupwise guru. that can help me. I'll even pay a fee. regards, anthony Well you can go for the best....www.caledonia.net -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee! All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless specifically identified as such. Novell does not officially monitor these forums. Enhancement requests f...

GWIA 55EP2 and GWIA 6x Differences
Hello, I am reading the Groupwise upgrade guide, as we are planning to upgrade from GW 55EP2 to GW 6.x. In there, it mentions that we may not want to upgrade right away to a 6.x GWIA, especially if we support POP3 or IMAP clients. And it seems to indicate that the GroupWise post offices now talk directly to a 6.x GWIA, while a 5.x GWIA always communicates through the MTA. Can someone explain to me the differences in the GWIA's so we can deploy our GW upgrade without surprises? We have a single GroupWise domain, Single GWIA, Single MTA, and 8 post offices distributed on ...

Groupwise Gwia Logs
Does anyone know if you get more pertinent information from the .001 log files or from the acct files that are produced by the Gwia. I need something to give me information on emails that dont make it to Groupwise mailboxes. Thanks Mike Turn the GWIA log files up to verbose and that'll get you the most information. Ted Kumsher >>> Mberg<bergm@gw.lincoln.k12.mi.us> 4/6/2006 9:16 AM >>> Does anyone know if you get more pertinent information from the .001 log files or from the acct files that are produced by the Gwia. I need something to gi...

Certificates for GroupWise GWIA
I need to know what I'm doing wrong. I thought I had a good certificate assigned to the GWIA. Problem is when I make iMAP connections using SSL, I get the following error: Unable to verify the identity of SERVERNAME.DOMAIN.COM as a trusted site. Possible reasons for this error: The browser does rcognize the Certifiate Authority that issued the site's certificate. The site's certificate is incomplete due to a server mis .. Bla Bla Bla How can I check that the certiificate is valid so I can use it from all devices including a Motorola RAZR for iMAP with SSL....

Symantec Act2000 and Groupwise gwia
Is there a way to allow users on our network to send email through gwia from ACT2000? Currently I am able to send email when logged into Novell with administrative rights from ACT. What I did was set the outgoing SMTP server in ACT to be the IP address of our server running gwia, and the return address to be my email address. This is working fine for me, but when I use the email address of other users without administrative rights on our network as the return address,they get a message from the email deamon saying: "The message that you sent was undeliverable to the followi...

gwia on groupwise 5.5
We are having problems with sending mail outside of the firm. I suspect it is linked to a change that was made in nwadmin, but am at a loss as to the best way to correct it. In Nwadmin/groupwise view we have the domain name and under it mta and gwia. There used to be an internet object as well, but that was deleted (inadvertantly). Prior to this we had to preseed all outside emails with internet: before the email address. When the internet object was deleted, we removed the need to preceed with internet: and set up rules that would auto change any addressed email internet: to gwia: so ...

GroupWise GWIA abends on startup...
Hello, About 2 weeks ago, our GroupWise 6.5 sp4 server started abending right after loading the gwia. It seems to work fine after that point but it is in an abended state. We also have Gee Whiz installed. Here is part of the abend log... Novell Netware, V6.5 Support Pack 3 - CPR Release PVER: 6.50.03 Server MAILSVR halted Friday, September 23, 2005 4:30:37.069 pm Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.70.03: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000) Registers: CS = 0060 DS = 007B ES = 007B FS = 007B GS = 007B SS = 0068 EAX = 00000000 EBX = 546B1E02 ECX = 00000...

GWIA Abends GroupWise Server
NetWare 6.0SP4 running Groupwise 6.5SP3 abending itself immediately upon mounting and starting GWIA. I have remmed out grpwise and gwia from autoexec.ncf but have not rebooted yet to see if that was the cause. I tried attaching the whole abend.log and message never posted so here is this mornings portion: Server ODIN halted Wednesday, September 21, 2005 9:00:08.698 am Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.60.04: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000) Registers: CS = 0008 DS = 0010 ES = 0010 FS = 0010 GS = 0010 SS = 0010 EAX = 0A0D2D3D EBX = CF9F43F4 ECX = CEF17...

GroupWise Database Version
This may be sort of a stupid question, but I feel I need to ask. GroupWise 5.5 SP5 - GWIA 5.5 - NetWare 6.0 Frequently having the gwcorr.db corrupt. It is easy enough to rename it and let GWIA recreate it. It is starting to happen more frequently, and I am worried that something else is wrong. While poking aroound in the GWIA object in C1 - I noticed that it shows that the database version is 4.x. Should this not be Database version 5.x (which does show as an option)? If so, I assume that I can change it in C1, shut down GWIA, rename the gwcorr.db, then restart GWIA. Secon...

Gwia in Groupwise 6.0
Gwia envia mensagens externas, com o ano de 2099. O que pode ser??? I'm not sure that behavior is the responsibility of the GWIA. Look at the time on the server and workstation computers. Also see TID10007320 for helpful suggestion on how to "trap" the message in the GWIA to check its contents Babelfish: Eu n�o sou certo que o comportamento � a responsabilidade do GWIA. Olhe naquele tempo nos computadores do usu�rio e da esta��o de trabalho. Veja tamb�m TID10007320 para sugest�es �teis em como prender a mensagem no GWIA para verificar seus �ndices -- ...

GroupWise 7 views versus GroupWise 6x views
Regarding copying the GroupWise views to the post office directory (GroupWise 7 Installation Guide, page 222). GroupWise 7 includes new views for the GroupWise Windows client. When the POA starts, it updates the post office database and also attemps to update the client views in the post office directory.In a hospital setting we have several post offices and thousands of users, so we are upgrading in increments. Can these files remain as 6.2 views and changed later? Were can I find more documentation on this issue. Vivian Short I just done views update on my GW 7 system &...

Web resources about - GWIA on GroupWise - novell.groupwise.6x.gwia

GroupWise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
GroupWise is a messaging and collaboration platform from Novell that supports email , calendaring , personal information management , instant ...

BlackBerry Enterprise IM Clients (OCS, Sametime, GroupWise) Get v2.5 Update
Most of RIM's enterprise-specific BlackBerry instant messaging and collaboration clients have been updated to version 2.5, adding credence to ...

Los Angeles goes Google; dumps GroupWise; shuns Microsoft; ignores IBM
The City of Los Angeles has had it with GroupWise, and will replace it with Google Apps. It's a big win for la GOOG, especially as it beat Microsoft ...

Collaboration: Novell Releases GroupWise 2014
Novell has put the finishing touches on GroupWise 2014, marking the first time the company has updated the collaboration platform since 2012. ...

Novell GroupWise goes mobile with iPhone support
The company’s new mobile solution will work with any ActiveSync-enabled device Novell's messaging and collaboration platform, GroupWise, has ...

No One Cares That Novell Has A New Version of GroupWise
Today Novell released its 2012 version of its email software GroupWise , and the announcement was greeted by most with a big yawn. GroupWise? ...

Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook
Kernel for Novell GroupWise to Outlook is a professional tool for the migration of GroupWise mailboxes to MS Outlook. Many GroupWise...

App Store - DejaOffice
Get DejaOffice on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Email - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electronic mail , commonly known as email or e-mail , is a method of exchanging digital messages from an author to one or more recipients. Modern ...

SBS looks to Cloud services - cloud computing, email, GroupWise, Klaus Schelp, Microsoft Office 365 ...
When Klaus Schelp started at SBS at the beginning of this year he focused on business outcomes ahead of technology operations. As the head of ...