GWIA All Hosts Down

I have no idea at this point what could possibly have happened, but my
gwia 6.0.3 began returning all outgoing mail with a host down (450)
message. This started several days ago with the only related even I can
think of was the sending of a broadcats email message to approx. 1,100
bcc recipients 5 days ago.  Clearly some received the message (though I
have no way of know how many at this point), yet just as clearly hundreds
did not because of the 450 host down response.  What I don know for
certain is that for the past two days no email messages are being sent
out with all having the 450 host down message.  I have continued to
receive email messages on what seems to be the normal level.  I do have
GWAVA sitting on this server.  I am service packing to 4 today.  Any
suggestions?

Brian
0
Brian
9/28/2004 3:49:54 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.gwia 5303 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try PING novell.com on the console. It sure sounds like GWIA is fine and DNS
is what is messed up

--
Michael J. Bell
Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)

PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!

All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless
specifically identified as such.

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

"You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"

Johnny Cash (RIP)

<Brian.Gibson@plam.org> wrote in message
> I have no idea at this point what could possibly have happened, but my
> gwia 6.0.3 began returning all outgoing mail with a host down (450)
> message. This started several days ago with the only related even I can
> think of was the sending of a broadcats email message to approx. 1,100
> bcc recipients 5 days ago.  Clearly some received the message (though I
> have no way of know how many at this point), yet just as clearly hundreds
> did not because of the 450 host down response.  What I don know for
> certain is that for the past two days no email messages are being sent
> out with all having the 450 host down message.  I have continued to
> receive email messages on what seems to be the normal level.  I do have
> GWAVA sitting on this server.  I am service packing to 4 today.  Any
> suggestions?
>
> Brian

0
Michael
9/28/2004 5:21:32 PM
Ok...I cannot ping anything form the server console.  Why has this
happened?  My Netdb.nlm is loaded and the resolve.cfg file remains
unchanged from more than a year ago.  No one has touched the intercfg
setup.

Brian

P.S.  Great job on initial narrow down!

> Try PING novell.com on the console. It sure sounds like GWIA is fine
and DNS
> is what is messed up
>
> --
> Michael J. Bell
> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop
> Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)
>
> PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
> I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!
>
> All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless
> specifically identified as such.
>
> Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>
> "You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
> for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
> turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"
>
> Johnny Cash (RIP)
>
> <Brian.Gibson@plam.org> wrote in message
> > I have no idea at this point what could possibly have happened, but my
> > gwia 6.0.3 began returning all outgoing mail with a host down (450)
> > message. This started several days ago with the only related even I
can
> > think of was the sending of a broadcats email message to approx. 1,100
> > bcc recipients 5 days ago.  Clearly some received the message (though
> > have no way of know how many at this point), yet just as clearly
hundreds
> > did not because of the 450 host down response.  What I don know for
> > certain is that for the past two days no email messages are being sent
> > out with all having the 450 host down message.  I have continued to
> > receive email messages on what seems to be the normal level.  I do
have
> > GWAVA sitting on this server.  I am service packing to 4 today.  Any
> > suggestions?
> >
> > Brian

0
Brian
9/28/2004 5:45:10 PM
dunno, but this is an os/tcpip level issue not a gw issue. Have you
rebooted?

--

> Ok...I cannot ping anything form the server console.  Why has this
> happened?  My Netdb.nlm is loaded and the resolve.cfg file remains
> unchanged from more than a year ago.  No one has touched the intercfg
> setup.
>
> Brian
>
> P.S.  Great job on initial narrow down!
>
> > Try PING novell.com on the console. It sure sounds like GWIA is fine
> and DNS
> > is what is messed up
> >
> > --
> > Michael J. Bell
> > Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop
> > Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)
> >
> > PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
> > I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!
> >
> > All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless
> > specifically identified as such.
> >
> > Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
> > Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> > http://support.novell.com/enhancement
> >
> > "You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
> > for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
> > turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"
> >
> > Johnny Cash (RIP)
> >
> > <Brian.Gibson@plam.org> wrote in message
> > > I have no idea at this point what could possibly have happened, but my
> > > gwia 6.0.3 began returning all outgoing mail with a host down (450)
> > > message. This started several days ago with the only related even I
> can
> > > think of was the sending of a broadcats email message to approx. 1,100
> > > bcc recipients 5 days ago.  Clearly some received the message (though
> > > have no way of know how many at this point), yet just as clearly
> hundreds
> > > did not because of the 450 host down response.  What I don know for
> > > certain is that for the past two days no email messages are being sent
> > > out with all having the 450 host down message.  I have continued to
> > > receive email messages on what seems to be the normal level.  I do
> have
> > > GWAVA sitting on this server.  I am service packing to 4 today.  Any
> > > suggestions?
> > >
> > > Brian

0
Michael
9/28/2004 7:51:55 PM
Oh yes to the reboot!  I have asked in the NSBS6 forum for answers.
Thanks for your help.

Brian

> dunno, but this is an os/tcpip level issue not a gw issue. Have you
> rebooted?
>

> --
> Michael J. Bell
> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop
> Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)
>
> PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
> I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!
>
> All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless
> specifically identified as such.
>
> Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>
> "You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
> for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
> turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"
>
> Johnny Cash (RIP)
>
> <Brian.Gibson@plam.org> wrote in message
> > Ok...I cannot ping anything form the server console.  Why has this
> > happened?  My Netdb.nlm is loaded and the resolve.cfg file remains
> > unchanged from more than a year ago.  No one has touched the intercfg
> > setup.
> >
> > Brian
> >
> > P.S.  Great job on initial narrow down!
> >
> > > Try PING novell.com on the console. It sure sounds like GWIA is fine
> > and DNS
> > > is what is messed up
> > >
> > > --
> > > Michael J. Bell
> > > Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop
> > > Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com)
> > >
> > > PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked.
> > > I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee!
> > >
> > > All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's
unless
> > > specifically identified as such.
> > >
> > > Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
> > > Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> > > http://support.novell.com/enhancement
> > >
> > > "You've got a way to keep me on your side/You give me cause
> > > for love that I can't hide/For you I know I'd even try to
> > > turn the tide/Because you're mine, I walk the line"
> > >
> > > Johnny Cash (RIP)
> > >
> > > <Brian.Gibson@plam.org> wrote in message
> > can
1,100
> > hundreds
> > have
Any

0
Brian

Brian.Gibson@plam.org wrote:

> Ok...I cannot ping anything form the server console.

Define "can not ping" please. What is the error message? Can't it
resolve the name, or can it simply not ping (which might be completely
normal and due to a firewall). I sort o f disagree with Michael here, a
DNS malfunction would result in a 450 MX lookup error, a 450 host down
means that DNDS resolution has been completed succesfully, but that GWIA
simply cannot connect to the resolved target.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop

To Gwia or not to Gwia
Hi everyone. I have 6.5.7 that is on a 10+ years box. It's time to put it to rest - I said but the boss does not want to spend the money - heard that before! It a suite using on GW and Gwava no other products. There are worried about email failure. So I'm trying GWAVA's Reload product. It works fine for the backup and the disaster recovery BUT you have no Gwia. Can I set up another Netware box with just the Gwia on it and disable the main box Gwia so that when the system fails ( and it will) we will have a email running service? Also is there a license issue here...

GWIA 55EP2 and GWIA 6x Differences
Hello, I am reading the Groupwise upgrade guide, as we are planning to upgrade from GW 55EP2 to GW 6.x. In there, it mentions that we may not want to upgrade right away to a 6.x GWIA, especially if we support POP3 or IMAP clients. And it seems to indicate that the GroupWise post offices now talk directly to a 6.x GWIA, while a 5.x GWIA always communicates through the MTA. Can someone explain to me the differences in the GWIA's so we can deploy our GW upgrade without surprises? We have a single GroupWise domain, Single GWIA, Single MTA, and 8 post offices distributed on ...

groupwise 5.5 GWIA out
i'm getting this message "Mailer-Daemon@gwiaout.mycompanydomain.com" The message that you sent was undeliverable to the following: amoralezz@yahoo.com (access denied) Possibly truncated original message follows: when we use other email clients to send e-mails out. if anyone knows what is wrong please help me. we run Groupwise 5.5 regards, anthony Look at GWIA Access Control -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I...

groupwise 5.5 gwia out
I've tested out 2 different e-mail clients our .bat one and outlook express. i think our GWIA-Out is having a problem sending mail using those clients. Could there be something in the way it processes the mail that is coming from an e-mail client that is not groupwise 5.5 mail client? regards, anthony Naw, but it's nearly impossible to safely set up 5.x in a way you don't expose yourself for spam relay... -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless ...

GWIA: 450 host down...on a host that is NOT down
Hi all. i'm getting an annoying 450 host down error on my GWIA. We sent some important emails and we didn't notice they were not going out until way later. Then we checked and we were having 450 host down on that host. Some time ago we used to experience this very same problem, but then it stopped (couldn't say exactly what we did, since I was not in charge of communications back then) Obviously, I did a telnet on port 25 to the mail exchanger of the problematic domain. It was up and running. What could be causing this behaviour? How can I solve this probl...

GroupWise 6.5 GWIA 550 host unknown
--____OGTFFHAIOAIQITFBCMKV____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 24 Aug 2006 09:20:45 -0700" have a user sending then same mail to a group of 15 people, consistently = 13 of the messages get a 550 host unknown error tested over a 5 day cycle. = Another user tries to send to the same people same error. Users all have = different domains. The user address and domains are correct. Any one seen this problem --____OGTFFHAIOAIQITFBCMKV____ Content-Type: multipart...

GWIA on GroupWise
Is is OK to have GWIA on the same server as Groupwise? Is it recommended against having both on the same machine? gvaray@consultant.com wrote: > Is is OK to have GWIA on the same server as Groupwise? Is it recommended > against having both on the same machine? What do you mean by "GroupWise"? GWIA is one agent in the groupwise system. It can peacefully coexist with the other agents (POA, MTA, gwinter, etc) just fine on the same box. -- Jim NSC Sysop It is just fine to have the gwia running on the same server. In fact, its just fine to have _everything_ ...

GWIA00.PRCGWWORK
Strange GWIA problem after 7.02(HP) update One file in GWIA00.PRCGWWORK directory is eating all disk space. File name 46bb703b.001 is now almost 4,2 Gb and its growing slowly. Total amount of files in that directory is 297 and other files size are normal 1-20 Kb. Our GWIA version is 7.0.2 HP. How can I clean this up? Sorry some technical problems with my question Here it is again.. Stange GWIA problem after 7.02 HP update One file in GWIA00.PRCGWWORK directory is now 4,2 Gb and it is growing slowly. Other files in directory are normal size. How do I clean this up...

GWIA
Just upgraded to Groupwise 7.0 I get the following error message when trying to send outbound messages (553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)) Not a GW message. You are using a SMTP relay and you used to bind to one IP address and now you are not? My best guess is that you used to have the "Bind IP at Load Time" ticked (under SMTP) and now you don't On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 09:22:23 GMT, wbl_1@hotmail.com wrote: >Just upgraded to Groupwise 7.0 I get the following error message when >trying to send outbound messages (5...

gwia
Can one domain have two gwia installed? Please advise! thank you! april <april@123.com> wrote: > Can one domain have two gwia installed? > > Please advise! > > thank you! Yes - that's not a problem at all. -- Danita - www.caledonia.net/gwmove.html Danita Zanrè wrote: > april <april@123.com> wrote: >> Can one domain have two gwia installed? >> >> Please advise! >> >> thank you! > > Yes - that's not a problem at all. > Thanks a lot! Then after I configured the alternate gwi...

GWIA
I have a small GW setup with 1 domain, 2 PO's (1 at HO and 1 at branch office), 2 MTA's (1 for WA) and the GWIA. If I move my Internet connection away from HO to the branch office is it ok to setup a secondary domain at the branch office and run the GWIA in that until I can move all of the domain structure to the branch office at a later date?? Thanks, Paul. Hi, Sure, this wont be a problem. Create your secondary domain at them branch, and setup the new GWIA there. In ConsoleOne, goto tools menu -> system operations -> internet addressing and sel...

GWIA
I have GroupWise 6.0 with GW6SP3m installed. I must sent my outgoing mails via a gateway which needs authentification. Does anyone know if AUTH is possible with GWIA from GroupWise 6.0? I found something similar in GroupWise 6.5 but I have GroupWise 6.0. Thanks.. Hi, Markus Herbert wrote: > > I have GroupWise 6.0 with GW6SP3m installed. I must sent my outgoing mails > via a gateway which needs authentification. Does anyone know if AUTH is > possible with GWIA from GroupWise 6.0? > I found something similar in GroupWise 6.5 but I have GroupWise 6.0. ...

GWIA can recieve from a host, but not send to the same host
Ok, this sounds like a DNS problem, but I'm a little confused, this is what is happening: -The host I am trying to send mail to is optonline.net -The server cannot ping this host, however, it can ping www.optonline.net and mail.optonline.net -The GWIA can RECEIVE mail from user@optonline.net, but it cannot SEND mail -If I use a basic e-mail client (like MS Outlook), I can sent to optonline.net fine -I can type optonline.net in my browser (which uses BorderManager located on the same server as the GWIA) and be connected to the host -I tried sending and receiving mail to us...

GWIA on Linux
We are running GWIA on 2 different Linux servers. One is configured to send all outbound email and working just fine. The second is intended as a failover for the first GWIA. When I go to: DOMAIN1>Properties>GroupWise>Internet Addressing: Internet Agent for Outbound SMTP/MIME messages: Override check box, leave the default GWIA alone......then check box for Alternate Internet Agent for outbound SMTP/MIME messages and select the 2nd GWIA. The above "Alternate....." check box is greyed and not available to be selected. Thanks for the help in advance, Bill...

Web resources about - GWIA All Hosts Down - novell.groupwise.6x.gwia

Host - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Golden Globes 2016: Ricky Gervais as host is crude, rude and very nearly off the rails
The measure of any awards show host is revealed in the opening volley. It's a love affair with the audience which is won or lost in a moment. ...

RIP: New York Talk Show Host Stanley Siegel
Try for a moment to imagine Michael Strahan lying down on a couch once a week for 10 minutes to speak to a psychoanalyst about his personal struggles, ...

Marvell Implements Host Memory Buffer for DRAM-less 88NV1140 SSD Controller
... one feature introduced in the NVMe 1.2 revision has been picked up by a controller that will likely see use in the consumer space. The Host ...

'Morning Joe' hosts mock protesters interrupting their Donald Trump interview
Real-estate mogul Donald Trump smiled as protesters interrupted his Friday interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe." But it was the hosts who rhetorically ...

Social media calls for Schumer, Lawrence to host next year's Globes
"In all seriousness," the BFFs were "thrilled" to be onstage together will we be seeing them again next year?

AirBNB Will Gently Nag Hosts In San Francisco Instead Of Requiring City Registration
Airbnb’s hometown of San Francisco voted down a proposition that would have limited the number of days per year that a host on the service can ...

Notre Dame Hosts ‘Black Lives Matter’ Activists For MLK Day
Notre Dame Hosts ‘Black Lives Matter’ Activists For MLK Day

Golden Globes Ratings Up Slightly From 2015 As Ricky Gervais Returns To Host
... The Revenant , The Martian , Mr. Robot and Mozart In the Jungle and the caustic comedic return of Ricky Gervais for his fourth stint as host. ...

Jimmy Fallon, Stephen Colbert & Other Late-Night Hosts Pay Tribute to David Bowie
Jimmy Fallon, Stephen Colbert & Other Late-Night Hosts Pay Tribute to David Bowie