GWIA 6.5.1 ABEND in GWIA-smtpsnd

We're running GW 6.5.1 on NetWare 6.0 SP3. Lately, the server that is
running the GWIA will ABEND with the last running process being:
GWIA-smtpsnd-010 Process. There is always a file in the SEND folder
with the same date/time stamp as the ABEND. I have to clear this file
out and then restart the server. Anyone experiencing this? Would
anyone recommend applying FTF:GroupWise 6.5.2 Internet Agent Rev. G
(beta)? Thanks.

-Marc Johnson

0
Marc
1/20/2004 4:42:18 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.gwia 5303 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I am expriencing this also.  A VAR told me there is a beta patch
available
for this but it doesn't seem to effect the servers operation so I've
just
been letting it abend once and will wait for the official sp2 unless
of
course it becomes more critical.

Marc Johnson wrote:

> We're running GW 6.5.1 on NetWare 6.0 SP3. Lately, the server that
is
> running the GWIA will ABEND with the last running process being:
> GWIA-smtpsnd-010 Process. There is always a file in the SEND folder
> with the same date/time stamp as the ABEND. I have to clear this
file
> out and then restart the server. Anyone experiencing this? Would
> anyone recommend applying FTF:GroupWise 6.5.2 Internet Agent Rev. G
> (beta)? Thanks.
>
> -Marc Johnson

0
Tim
1/21/2004 3:15:35 PM
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____

Do you know where what the beta patch is called? This is happening to
me =
as well and actually killing my server after the second abend...

--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____

--____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html;
charset=3Diso-8859-1"=

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.3790.94" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN: 4px 4px 1px; FONT: 10pt Tahoma">Do you know
where =
what the beta patch is called? This is happening to me as well and =
actually killing my server after the second abend...</BODY></HTML>

--____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____--

--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____--

0
Eric
1/22/2004 2:31:44 AM
Eric Kiehn wrote:

> Do you know where what the beta patch is called? This is happening
to me
> as well and actually killing my server after the second abend...

http://support.novell.com/filefinder/16963/beta.html

The file is called fgwia652g.exe

0
Tim

gwia 6.5.1 and bad message revert gwia back to 6.5.0 ?
Hello, we just updated our groupwise server to 6.5.1 (from 6.5.0) and now we keep getting BAD MESSAGE e-mails from it. By reading around on the forum this is apperantly caused by a bad header but the 6.5.0 gwia didnt have this problem. Most e-mails which get taken out are from our fax server which we know out of past experiences does not have a completly smtp compliant engine. We tried updating the gwia allone to 6.5.2 but that caused some serious mayhem on the groupwise server with spontanious poa abends (caused by the 6.5.2 gwenn4.nlm most likly). Is there a way to make it accept t...

groupwise 5.5 GWIA out
i'm getting this message "Mailer-Daemon@gwiaout.mycompanydomain.com" The message that you sent was undeliverable to the following: amoralezz@yahoo.com (access denied) Possibly truncated original message follows: when we use other email clients to send e-mails out. if anyone knows what is wrong please help me. we run Groupwise 5.5 regards, anthony Look at GWIA Access Control -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I...

To Gwia or not to Gwia
Hi everyone. I have 6.5.7 that is on a 10+ years box. It's time to put it to rest - I said but the boss does not want to spend the money - heard that before! It a suite using on GW and Gwava no other products. There are worried about email failure. So I'm trying GWAVA's Reload product. It works fine for the backup and the disaster recovery BUT you have no Gwia. Can I set up another Netware box with just the Gwia on it and disable the main box Gwia so that when the system fails ( and it will) we will have a email running service? Also is there a license issue here...

Anyone running 7 gwia (with FTF 6) as solid as 6.5.5 gwia ?
I am still running 6.5.5 (beta version) gwia with my 7.0 agents. I found reading the threads that upgrading to 7 gwia with the bad message problem is not worth it. Many people were holding off for service pack 1. With FTF at version 6 now - is a 7 gwia with ftf 6 as solid as a 6.5.5 or should I continue to wait ? Thanks in advance. Tim Tye wrote: > I am still running 6.5.5 (beta version) gwia with my 7.0 agents. > > I found reading the threads that upgrading to 7 gwia with the bad > message problem is not worth it. Many people were holding off for > serv...

upgrade from gwia 5.2 to gwia 6.5
Hi, Our mail server is going from SBS 4.2 (GW 5.2) to SBS 5.1 (GW 5.5) and now to Groupwise 6.5. With GW 5.2, users must write the recepient address in the following format INET:"stany_wyrzykowski@yahoo.fr" to send a mail throught the GWIA gateway. Now, all client are GW 6.5 and we want to write only stany_wyrzykowski@yahoo.fr to send a mail to the internet. Can you tell me how change this ? Thanks in advance for your help. Stany. Have a look at http://www.novell.com/documentation/lg/gw65/index.html?page=/documentation/lg/gw65/gw65_admin/data/a7q50pq.html...

groupwise 5.5 gwia out
I've tested out 2 different e-mail clients our .bat one and outlook express. i think our GWIA-Out is having a problem sending mail using those clients. Could there be something in the way it processes the mail that is coming from an e-mail client that is not groupwise 5.5 mail client? regards, anthony Naw, but it's nearly impossible to safely set up 5.x in a way you don't expose yourself for spam relay... -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless ...

post Groupwise 6.5 s/p3 GWIA-smtpsnd-009 abend
I installed the Groupwise 6.5 s/p3 patch last night and have had 2 system freezing abends (lands me in the debug screen)on my Netware 6 sp5 Dell Poweredge 2650 server. Has anyone seen this and whats a fix! Help, can't have anymore Groupwise abends! Thanks Bill P. The abend log shows: Server BEARRIVER halted Friday, December 10, 2004 9:24:43.414 am Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.60.05: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000) Registers: CS = 0008 DS = 0010 ES = 0010 FS = 0010 GS = 0010 SS = 0010 EAX = 83593000 EBX = 82BCF2C4 ECX = 82BCF224 EDX = 000000...

GWIA 5.5 works, GWIA 6.5 doesn't
Ok, I haven't been able to figure out what's going on with GWIA 6.5, but (see earlier thread re "No inbound mail since...") GWIA 6.5 gave me nothing but 450 host down type messages, IP connection refused, etc. and has left me with a ton of messages in the DEFER directory. Now with the exact same gwia.cfg, my old GWIA 5.5 is running fine, and inbound mail is arriving again. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks, Ben This is on the same server ?, same IP addresses all that sort of thing, the MTA is at v6.5 right ? Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occ...

GROUPWISE 6.5 GWIA ABENDS
Our server is Novell Small Business 6.5, so both Netware and GroupWise are version 6.5. A wrong patch was loaded. This patch was for the GWIA only, and it was for version 7, instead of 6.5. The name was gw702hp1gwia_revb.exe. This, of course, caused problems (GWIA would not load). We have since loaded Netware 6.5 Service Pack 7 and then Groupwise 6.5 Service Pack 6 (gw656up1e.exe). We made sure the GroupWise patch overwrote all files. An abend happende. We then used Novell article 3674238 to delete and reinstall GWIA (the Software Distribution Directory was patched), bu...

pb groupwise 6 SP3 : MTA in 6 , POA in 5.5 except one, GWIA in 6
Hello! got another problem we've updated the mta in groupwise 6 we are updating the frist of the seven poa in groupwise 6 gwia is still in groupwise 5;5 SP3 now, we can't send mail to internet : item to po is undeliverable : access denied that is the message we receive in return is it normal? what should we do? internal mail are going well this is really urgent thanks a lot joange should i need to update GWIA before updating any poa? we are working that way : first, update of MTA update POA one by one then update of GWIA "joange"...

Gwia 6 on GroupWise 5.5
--____JZANTQUCEAGTQLSXBLLB____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, Does someone know if it is possible to replace the GWIA 5.5 with a GWIA 6, = running on the same server as the mta & poa 5.5 (which won't be replaced). At the moment the GWIA is a 5.5.7 beta, and the provider claims that it = isn't running correctly (in their logs they get Rejcts after ETRN = requests). Also the 5.5 doesn't tell the spammer that it won't relay. = Therefore they keep trying and that costs the customer a lot of bandwi...

Gwia 6 on GroupWise 5.5
--____OMCTQHIUIKCGYFWBSXUI____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, Does someone know if it is possible to replace the GWIA 5.5 with a GWIA 6, = running on the same server as the mta & poa 5.5 (which won't be replaced). At the moment the GWIA is a 5.5.7 beta, and the provider claims that it = isn't running correctly (in their logs they get Rejcts after ETRN = requests). Also the 5.5 doesn't tell the spammer that it won't relay. = Therefore they keep trying and that costs the customer a lot of bandwi...

GWIA 6.5 and GroupWise 6
Is it possible to update only the GWIA from Version 6 to Version 6.5 or do I have to update GroupWise 6.0 SP4 as well? You have to upgrade the domains before the post offices or gateways, and the primary domain before the secondaries. So you'll need to do the domaisn first before the GWIA Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ ...

Gwia 6.5.1 abends right away
Netware 6 sp3 server Groupwise 6.5.1, poa, mta and gwia on single server. Right after I bring up the GWIA it abends 6 times, I have gone in and cleared out the receive folders thinking something is killing it but when it comes back up it dies again. The files in the receive look like garbage to me but it could just be the gwia messing them up. Help! Server KNV-M halted Tuesday, February 3, 2004 3:53:11.031 pm Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.60.03: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000) Registers: CS = 0008 DS = 005B ES = 005B FS = 005B GS = 005B SS = 0010 ...

Web resources about - GWIA 6.5.1 ABEND in GWIA-smtpsnd - novell.groupwise.6x.gwia