GWIA 55EP2 and GWIA 6x Differences

Hello,
 I am reading the Groupwise upgrade guide, as we are planning to upgrade
from GW 55EP2 to GW 6.x.  In there, it mentions that we may not want to
upgrade right away to a 6.x GWIA, especially if we support POP3 or IMAP
clients.  And it seems to indicate that the GroupWise post offices now
talk directly to a 6.x GWIA, while a 5.x GWIA always communicates through
the MTA.  Can someone explain to me the differences in the GWIA's so we
can deploy our GW upgrade without surprises?  We have a single GroupWise
domain, Single GWIA, Single MTA, and 8 post offices distributed on
different servers.

Thanks,
scottb@clackamas.edu
0
scottb
2/6/2004 10:12:21 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.gwia 5303 articles. 0 followers. Follow

--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____

I can't tell you all the differences but my system is similar, 12 post =
offices instead of 8.  As long as you can hit all the servers from where =
you are, you should be able to do it all at once.  I think they say to do =
the gwia last though.  I seem to remember a chart that says what works =
with what. I have some people doing POP3 without issue.  I did mine MTA =
then POA's then GWIA then GWweb.

>>> <scottb@clackamas.edu> 2/6/2004 4:12:21 PM >>>

Hello,
I am reading the Groupwise upgrade guide, as we are planning to upgrade=20
from GW 55EP2 to GW 6.x.  In there, it mentions that we may not want to=20
upgrade right away to a 6.x GWIA, especially if we support POP3 or IMAP=20
clients.  And it seems to indicate that the GroupWise post offices now=20
talk directly to a 6.x GWIA, while a 5.x GWIA always communicates =
through=20
the MTA.  Can someone explain to me the differences in the GWIA's so we=20
can deploy our GW upgrade without surprises?  We have a single GroupWise=20=

domain, Single GWIA, Single MTA, and 8 post offices distributed on=20
different servers.

Thanks,
scottb@clackamas.edu