GWIA - 450 Host down

Hi
Recently I noticed a lot of Host Down instances according to the stats
on the GWIA web interface.  With 3 days of uptime the numbers were 216
"sent" email and 560 "host down".

Further checks revealed this sort of error in the logs:
MSG 6201 Analyzing result file:
MAIL/DATA:\GRPWISE\MAILINT\WPGATE\GWIA\result\r99589a6.040
02-17-09 00:08:07 0  MSG 6201 Detected error on SMTP command
02-17-09 00:08:07 0  MSG 6201  Command:  domain.com.au
02-17-09 00:08:07 0  MSG 6201  Response: 450 Host down (domain.com.au)
02-17-09 00:08:07 0  MSG 6202 Analyzing result file:
MAIL/DATA:\GRPWISE\MAILINT\WPGATE\GWIA\result\r996a3b9.086
02-17-09 00:08:07 0  MSG 6202 Detected error on SMTP command
02-17-09 00:08:07 0  MSG 6202  Command:  domain.com.au
02-17-09 00:08:07 0  MSG 6202  Response: 450 Host down (domain.com.au)

These all refer to our own email domain (domain.com.au for privacy) and
we have an internally hosted email server 6.5.4 on Netware 6.5.
How do I examine the emails above, MSG6202 etc?
When I checked for the ..\GWIA\result folder there is nothing there.
What is the best way to check

I understand that the route.cfg file in the GWIA folder should be used
for internally hosted email server.  Our file looks like:
domain.com.au [192.168.0.1]

^There is a CR on the end of the line.

Assuming that the route.cfg file is correct for our internally hosted
mail server setup.  What else should I check?

DNS is a split brain configuration and just I found that the internal
DNS did not response to MX lookups, but this is now fixed.  Not sure if
this would matter anyway given that route.cfg was in place anyway.
Correct?

Furthermore, I noticed that there were 11 objects in the defer folder
and four of them are from April 2008!!??  Should I just delete these?
Could they be looping (retrying) through the system forever??  If I want
to try and send an OLD item from the Defer folder how do I do it?

If there are any other suggestions to troubleshoot the "Hosts down"
incidents, fire away.

Many thanks
Paul

--
Paul-Rudd

Paul
2/17/2009 4:06:02 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.gwia 5303 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Anything that is older than you would care to deliver now can be
deleted.  Not sure that's the issue though.

In any event, you might want to make sure that your route.cfg is still
a text file (sometimes opening it in Word or something like that might
try to convert it), or even delete the route.cfg and recreate it from
scratch.

--
Danita Zanre
Novell Support Forums Sysop

0
dzanre
2/17/2009 5:56:02 PM
I pretty much must be a route.cfg problem.  We just have to figure out why.

Open one of the deferred emails and see what the first line says.  It should
actually show the [192.168.0.1] if the route.cfg file is correct and being
used.

If it's not there, then -- I don't know -- make sure there's a hard return
(CR LF) at the end of the file.  Maybe put a couple of hard returns in it.
Make sure it's in the correct directory.  Reboot the entire server.  Make
sure the ENTIRE domain that is shown as "Host down" is listed as-is in the
route.cfg file (so you can't just have domain.com if mail.domain.com is
actually listed as host down).

Ted

wrote:

> Hi
> Recently I noticed a lot of Host Down instances according to the stats
> on the GWIA web interface.  With 3 days of uptime the numbers were 216
> "sent" email and 560 "host down".
>
> Further checks revealed this sort of error in the logs:
> MSG 6201 Analyzing result file:
> MAIL/DATA:\GRPWISE\MAILINT\WPGATE\GWIA\result\r99589a6.040
> 02-17-09 00:08:07 0  MSG 6201 Detected error on SMTP command
> 02-17-09 00:08:07 0  MSG 6201  Command:  domain.com.au
> 02-17-09 00:08:07 0  MSG 6201  Response: 450 Host down (domain.com.au)
> 02-17-09 00:08:07 0  MSG 6202 Analyzing result file:
> MAIL/DATA:\GRPWISE\MAILINT\WPGATE\GWIA\result\r996a3b9.086
> 02-17-09 00:08:07 0  MSG 6202 Detected error on SMTP command
> 02-17-09 00:08:07 0  MSG 6202  Command:  domain.com.au
> 02-17-09 00:08:07 0  MSG 6202  Response: 450 Host down (domain.com.au)
>
> These all refer to our own email domain (domain.com.au for privacy) and
> we have an internally hosted email server 6.5.4 on Netware 6.5.
> How do I examine the emails above, MSG6202 etc?
> When I checked for the ..\GWIA\result folder there is nothing there.
> What is the best way to check
>
> I understand that the route.cfg file in the GWIA folder should be used
> for internally hosted email server.  Our file looks like:
> domain.com.au [192.168.0.1]
>
> ^There is a CR on the end of the line.
>
> Assuming that the route.cfg file is correct for our internally hosted
> mail server setup.  What else should I check?
>
> DNS is a split brain configuration and just I found that the internal
> DNS did not response to MX lookups, but this is now fixed.  Not sure if
> this would matter anyway given that route.cfg was in place anyway.
> Correct?
>
> Furthermore, I noticed that there were 11 objects in the defer folder
> and four of them are from April 2008!!??  Should I just delete these?
> Could they be looping (retrying) through the system forever??  If I want
> to try and send an OLD item from the Defer folder how do I do it?
>
> If there are any other suggestions to troubleshoot the "Hosts down"
> incidents, fire away.
>
> Many thanks
> Paul
0
Ted
2/18/2009 6:03:30 PM
All suggestions pointed to route.cfg, and what good suggestions they
were...
I deleted the existing one and re-created it from the Netware console
editor, restarted GWIA and .......drum roll... no more "Host down"
errors in the logs and the deferred email queue reduced to just the old
entries from early 2008, so I deleted those as well.
Happy dayz!

Thank you both!

- Paul

--
Paul-Rudd
Paul-Rudd's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=35135
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=360859

0
Paul

To Gwia or not to Gwia
Hi everyone. I have 6.5.7 that is on a 10+ years box. It's time to put it to rest - I said but the boss does not want to spend the money - heard that before! It a suite using on GW and Gwava no other products. There are worried about email failure. So I'm trying GWAVA's Reload product. It works fine for the backup and the disaster recovery BUT you have no Gwia. Can I set up another Netware box with just the Gwia on it and disable the main box Gwia so that when the system fails ( and it will) we will have a email running service? Also is there a license issue here...

GWIA 55EP2 and GWIA 6x Differences
Hello, I am reading the Groupwise upgrade guide, as we are planning to upgrade from GW 55EP2 to GW 6.x. In there, it mentions that we may not want to upgrade right away to a 6.x GWIA, especially if we support POP3 or IMAP clients. And it seems to indicate that the GroupWise post offices now talk directly to a 6.x GWIA, while a 5.x GWIA always communicates through the MTA. Can someone explain to me the differences in the GWIA's so we can deploy our GW upgrade without surprises? We have a single GroupWise domain, Single GWIA, Single MTA, and 8 post offices distributed on ...

groupwise 5.5 GWIA out
i'm getting this message "Mailer-Daemon@gwiaout.mycompanydomain.com" The message that you sent was undeliverable to the following: amoralezz@yahoo.com (access denied) Possibly truncated original message follows: when we use other email clients to send e-mails out. if anyone knows what is wrong please help me. we run Groupwise 5.5 regards, anthony Look at GWIA Access Control -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I...

groupwise 5.5 gwia out
I've tested out 2 different e-mail clients our .bat one and outlook express. i think our GWIA-Out is having a problem sending mail using those clients. Could there be something in the way it processes the mail that is coming from an e-mail client that is not groupwise 5.5 mail client? regards, anthony Naw, but it's nearly impossible to safely set up 5.x in a way you don't expose yourself for spam relay... -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless ...

GroupWise 6.5 GWIA 550 host unknown
--____OGTFFHAIOAIQITFBCMKV____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 24 Aug 2006 09:20:45 -0700" have a user sending then same mail to a group of 15 people, consistently = 13 of the messages get a 550 host unknown error tested over a 5 day cycle. = Another user tries to send to the same people same error. Users all have = different domains. The user address and domains are correct. Any one seen this problem --____OGTFFHAIOAIQITFBCMKV____ Content-Type: multipart...

GWIA All Hosts Down
I have no idea at this point what could possibly have happened, but my gwia 6.0.3 began returning all outgoing mail with a host down (450) message. This started several days ago with the only related even I can think of was the sending of a broadcats email message to approx. 1,100 bcc recipients 5 days ago. Clearly some received the message (though I have no way of know how many at this point), yet just as clearly hundreds did not because of the 450 host down response. What I don know for certain is that for the past two days no email messages are being sent out with all havi...

GWIA on GroupWise
Is is OK to have GWIA on the same server as Groupwise? Is it recommended against having both on the same machine? gvaray@consultant.com wrote: > Is is OK to have GWIA on the same server as Groupwise? Is it recommended > against having both on the same machine? What do you mean by "GroupWise"? GWIA is one agent in the groupwise system. It can peacefully coexist with the other agents (POA, MTA, gwinter, etc) just fine on the same box. -- Jim NSC Sysop It is just fine to have the gwia running on the same server. In fact, its just fine to have _everything_ ...

GWIA00.PRCGWWORK
Strange GWIA problem after 7.02(HP) update One file in GWIA00.PRCGWWORK directory is eating all disk space. File name 46bb703b.001 is now almost 4,2 Gb and its growing slowly. Total amount of files in that directory is 297 and other files size are normal 1-20 Kb. Our GWIA version is 7.0.2 HP. How can I clean this up? Sorry some technical problems with my question Here it is again.. Stange GWIA problem after 7.02 HP update One file in GWIA00.PRCGWWORK directory is now 4,2 Gb and it is growing slowly. Other files in directory are normal size. How do I clean this up...

GWIA
Just upgraded to Groupwise 7.0 I get the following error message when trying to send outbound messages (553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)) Not a GW message. You are using a SMTP relay and you used to bind to one IP address and now you are not? My best guess is that you used to have the "Bind IP at Load Time" ticked (under SMTP) and now you don't On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 09:22:23 GMT, wbl_1@hotmail.com wrote: >Just upgraded to Groupwise 7.0 I get the following error message when >trying to send outbound messages (5...

gwia
Can one domain have two gwia installed? Please advise! thank you! april <april@123.com> wrote: > Can one domain have two gwia installed? > > Please advise! > > thank you! Yes - that's not a problem at all. -- Danita - www.caledonia.net/gwmove.html Danita Zanrè wrote: > april <april@123.com> wrote: >> Can one domain have two gwia installed? >> >> Please advise! >> >> thank you! > > Yes - that's not a problem at all. > Thanks a lot! Then after I configured the alternate gwi...

GWIA
I have a small GW setup with 1 domain, 2 PO's (1 at HO and 1 at branch office), 2 MTA's (1 for WA) and the GWIA. If I move my Internet connection away from HO to the branch office is it ok to setup a secondary domain at the branch office and run the GWIA in that until I can move all of the domain structure to the branch office at a later date?? Thanks, Paul. Hi, Sure, this wont be a problem. Create your secondary domain at them branch, and setup the new GWIA there. In ConsoleOne, goto tools menu -> system operations -> internet addressing and sel...

GWIA
I have GroupWise 6.0 with GW6SP3m installed. I must sent my outgoing mails via a gateway which needs authentification. Does anyone know if AUTH is possible with GWIA from GroupWise 6.0? I found something similar in GroupWise 6.5 but I have GroupWise 6.0. Thanks.. Hi, Markus Herbert wrote: > > I have GroupWise 6.0 with GW6SP3m installed. I must sent my outgoing mails > via a gateway which needs authentification. Does anyone know if AUTH is > possible with GWIA from GroupWise 6.0? > I found something similar in GroupWise 6.5 but I have GroupWise 6.0. ...

GWIA can recieve from a host, but not send to the same host
Ok, this sounds like a DNS problem, but I'm a little confused, this is what is happening: -The host I am trying to send mail to is optonline.net -The server cannot ping this host, however, it can ping www.optonline.net and mail.optonline.net -The GWIA can RECEIVE mail from user@optonline.net, but it cannot SEND mail -If I use a basic e-mail client (like MS Outlook), I can sent to optonline.net fine -I can type optonline.net in my browser (which uses BorderManager located on the same server as the GWIA) and be connected to the host -I tried sending and receiving mail to us...

GWIA on Linux
We are running GWIA on 2 different Linux servers. One is configured to send all outbound email and working just fine. The second is intended as a failover for the first GWIA. When I go to: DOMAIN1>Properties>GroupWise>Internet Addressing: Internet Agent for Outbound SMTP/MIME messages: Override check box, leave the default GWIA alone......then check box for Alternate Internet Agent for outbound SMTP/MIME messages and select the 2nd GWIA. The above "Alternate....." check box is greyed and not available to be selected. Thanks for the help in advance, Bill...

GWIA Config
We are being forced to use a "centralized" message relay host due to State mandates. So . . . most everything is working except messages sent to comcast.net. For some reason the GWIA is trying to communicate directly with comcast.net (76.96.62.116). Here is my configuration (all my GW systems are GW 7.0.3 lastest service patch, NW6.5SP8 server): PO - on its own server PO MTA - on its own server GWIA MTA and GWIA - on their own server GWIA is configured to use "Relay Host for outbound messages:" - domain.com The following is from my GWIA Log showing where ...

Web resources about - GWIA - 450 Host down - novell.groupwise.6x.gwia

Is Peace Possible? (@IsPeacePossible) on Twitter

Moving a GroupWise System from NetWare to a Windows Server
Need to move your GroupWise system from NetWare to a Windows server? This tip from Jim Michael should help ... +read more

Some important evidence of negative white birth rate
List of countries and territories by fertility rate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_territories_by_fertility_rate White people ...

INTERSNP - Genome-wide Interaction Analysis Software
INTERSNP is a software for genome-wide interaction analysis (GWIA) of case-control SNP data and quantitative traits.

Events at SFS - School of Foreign Service
Skip to main content Georgetown University Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service SFS Admissions SFS Academics SFS Research SFS Today Search: ...

Global Urban Development Magazine
METROPOLITAN ECONOMIC STRATEGY Eliminating Poverty Through Market-Based Social Entrepreneurship Muhammad Yunus I have chosen to discuss the ...

Group-wide Internal Audit Charter – Prudential plc
1. Mandate The primary objective of Group-wide Internal Audit (GwIA) is ‘to assist the Board, Group Executive Committee, Group Audit Committee ...

Part time jobs, full time jobs, working from home & flexible jobs - Working Mums - WorkingMums.co.uk
Work from home and find part time jobs, full time jobs and flexible jobs here at Working Mums. We offer flexible jobs for mums wanting a new ...

Support - Novell
Novell's technical support site with up-to-date patches and files, Knowledgebase, and forums.

Moving a GroupWise System from NetWare to a Windows Server - Cool Solutions - Novell