Gwia 450 host down

Hello,

I'm getting 450 host down errors from one particular site.
I've used the gwip and tested the mx connectivity and it does connect, but very slowly.  I can alos connect froma workstation, again, the response time back from the foreign server is slow.

Is there a GWIA setting/timeout that controls how long the GWIA should wait before declaring the host down with a 450 error?

thanks
0
Guinevere
3/9/2005 5:07:02 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.gwia 5303 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ConsoleOne, GWIA object, SMTP/MIME, Timeouts.

>>> Guinevere<Guinevere@ftj.com> 3/9/2005 11:07 AM >>>
Hello,

I'm getting 450 host down errors from one particular site.
I've used the gwip and tested the mx connectivity and it does connect, but
very slowly.  I can alos connect froma workstation, again, the response time
back from the foreign server is slow.

Is there a GWIA setting/timeout that controls how long the GWIA should wait
before declaring the host down with a 450 error?

thanks

0
Ted

GWIA: 450 host down...on a host that is NOT down
Hi all. i'm getting an annoying 450 host down error on my GWIA. We sent some important emails and we didn't notice they were not going out until way later. Then we checked and we were having 450 host down on that host. Some time ago we used to experience this very same problem, but then it stopped (couldn't say exactly what we did, since I was not in charge of communications back then) Obviously, I did a telnet on port 25 to the mail exchanger of the problematic domain. It was up and running. What could be causing this behaviour? How can I solve this probl...

To Gwia or not to Gwia
Hi everyone. I have 6.5.7 that is on a 10+ years box. It's time to put it to rest - I said but the boss does not want to spend the money - heard that before! It a suite using on GW and Gwava no other products. There are worried about email failure. So I'm trying GWAVA's Reload product. It works fine for the backup and the disaster recovery BUT you have no Gwia. Can I set up another Netware box with just the Gwia on it and disable the main box Gwia so that when the system fails ( and it will) we will have a email running service? Also is there a license issue here...

GWIA 55EP2 and GWIA 6x Differences
Hello, I am reading the Groupwise upgrade guide, as we are planning to upgrade from GW 55EP2 to GW 6.x. In there, it mentions that we may not want to upgrade right away to a 6.x GWIA, especially if we support POP3 or IMAP clients. And it seems to indicate that the GroupWise post offices now talk directly to a 6.x GWIA, while a 5.x GWIA always communicates through the MTA. Can someone explain to me the differences in the GWIA's so we can deploy our GW upgrade without surprises? We have a single GroupWise domain, Single GWIA, Single MTA, and 8 post offices distributed on ...

GWIA
new to groupwise GW 6.5 (SP3) I can receive mail from the outside world however I cannot send out any message to the outside world.. I always get a 450 Host down error here is my gwia.cfg file Any ideas ?? Thanks in advance Doug ;====================================================================== ; GroupWise 6 GWIA ; Startup File ;---------------------------------------------------------------------- ; This contains the configuation options for GroupWise Internet Agent. ; Use ConsoleOne to modify this file with Advan...

GWIA
Hi Recently I noticed a lot of Host Down instances according to the stats on the GWIA web interface. With 3 days of uptime the numbers were 216 "sent" email and 560 "host down". Further checks revealed this sort of error in the logs: MSG 6201 Analyzing result file: MAIL/DATA:\GRPWISE\MAILINT\WPGATE\GWIA\result\r99589a6.040 02-17-09 00:08:07 0 MSG 6201 Detected error on SMTP command 02-17-09 00:08:07 0 MSG 6201 Command: domain.com.au 02-17-09 00:08:07 0 MSG 6201 Response: 450 Host down (domain.com.au) 02-17-09 00:08:07 0 MSG 6202 Analyzing result file: ...

groupwise 5.5 GWIA out
i'm getting this message "Mailer-Daemon@gwiaout.mycompanydomain.com" The message that you sent was undeliverable to the following: amoralezz@yahoo.com (access denied) Possibly truncated original message follows: when we use other email clients to send e-mails out. if anyone knows what is wrong please help me. we run Groupwise 5.5 regards, anthony Look at GWIA Access Control -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I...

groupwise 5.5 gwia out
I've tested out 2 different e-mail clients our .bat one and outlook express. i think our GWIA-Out is having a problem sending mail using those clients. Could there be something in the way it processes the mail that is coming from an e-mail client that is not groupwise 5.5 mail client? regards, anthony Naw, but it's nearly impossible to safely set up 5.x in a way you don't expose yourself for spam relay... -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless ...

450 Host down error on the GWIA
Do you have a e-mail firewall system such as Proofpoint in place? We have this happen when our firewall is having problems such as rebooting for the coninuous updates that it receives from the vendor or an influx of spam. Ususally the GroupWise "Agents/gwia/defer" directory will start collecting items in it and that tells us that the mail is not going through the firewall system. We then check our firewall box and 95% of the time it is having a problem. I hope this helps in your case. Hi, rtolbert@ccisd.net wrote: > > Do you have a e-mail firewall system ...

Error 450 Host Down on GWIA
Greetings, We are experiencing errors on the GWIA agent, when sending emails to some domains. Apparently, the problem is related to higher priority Mail Exchange (MX) hosts not responding to requests of the GWIA as explained in Novell's support TID number 100534469 (http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10053469.htm ). It says: "This problem has been reported to development. Customer can either install the non-enhancement pack GW 5.5.2 GWIA or create a ROUTE.CFG in the domain\WPGATE\gwia directory with the hostname they are having problems reaching ...

450 host down (mydomain) on GWIA
Can somebody explain how I am getting these. Everything seems to be working. Mail is entering and exiting. I only have one PO, which is on another machine, so I'm not sure why I am getting these at the GWIA. I am assuming that internal mail should not make it to the GWIA. I am getting mail from the internet in my mailbox so how can it say the host is down. What host is it talking about? Mike McCarron Do you have the entries for both servers in the HOSTS file? This is important to GWIA. "Michael P. McCarron" <mccarron@osfphila.org> wrote in mess...

gwia and 450 Host down for own domain
Suddenly have a spate of this going on, no apparent reason. 450 Host Down stmarks.pp.catholic.edu.au (Which is the name of our domain) Defer is filling up with messages that are being sent by gwia to (itself?) mostly dealing with failed deliveries of emails for one (real) reason or another (typos in address etc) Most of these are from <> ie null sender. Inbound mail from other domains (ie the internet at large) seems ok. Outbound mail to other domains is likewise ok. Caveat: AOHell and now Hotmail, but that's not GWIA's fault - they have decided we are on a dial...

GWIA not sending mail(450 Host down)
We had a series of NS go do and made the change to a another provider. I've changed the DNS records to reflect the change. I've changed the resolve.cfg file to reflect the changes. When I run GWIA every outgoing mail has on it 450 Host down (destination domain) ex: 01-21-10 00:47:15 0 Queuing deferred message: NWFS1/MAIL:\GWDOM\WPGATE\GWIA\send\sb56eb93.009 01-21-10 00:47:15 10 DMN: MSG 397 Sending file: NWFS1/MAIL:\GWDOM\WPGATE\GWIA\send\pb56eb93.009 01-21-10 00:47:15 10 DMN: MSG 397 Send Failure: 450 Host down (gmail.com) 01-21-10 00:47:25 0 MSG 398 Analyzing result f...

GWIA keeps giving 450 Host down
We have a groupwise 7.x system that is installed on windows 2000. The former tech had installed two NICS on a windows 2000 system one with a private ip address and the other NIC with a public ip address which was the registered IP for our domain. We have decided to move our server inside of a firewall. Now the public ip address is actually the Sonicwall firewall public ip address and we are port forwarding port 25 and port 110. The mail server now has only one NIC which is the private internal ip address. Internal mail works fine and we can receive external email too. GWIA just will ...

GWIA 450 Host Down on 1 domain
I'm getting a 450 Host Down message on GWIA only when sending to 1 specific domain. I can telnet to port 25 and do an NSLookup to the MX record and it responds ok. I tried creating a Route.cfg with the ip address up the remote domain and still got the same condition. GWIA 6.5.4 Hi, dhoffrogge@comcast.net wrote: > > I'm getting a 450 Host Down message on GWIA only when sending to 1 > specific domain. I can telnet to port 25 Directly from your GWIA server? This is exactly what a 450 host down says. YOur gwia can not connect to port 25 of the resolved ...

Web resources about - Gwia 450 host down - novell.groupwise.6x.gwia

Is Peace Possible? (@IsPeacePossible) on Twitter

Moving a GroupWise System from NetWare to a Windows Server
Need to move your GroupWise system from NetWare to a Windows server? This tip from Jim Michael should help ... +read more

Some important evidence of negative white birth rate
List of countries and territories by fertility rate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_territories_by_fertility_rate White people ...

INTERSNP - Genome-wide Interaction Analysis Software
INTERSNP is a software for genome-wide interaction analysis (GWIA) of case-control SNP data and quantitative traits.

Events at SFS - School of Foreign Service
Skip to main content Georgetown University Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service SFS Admissions SFS Academics SFS Research SFS Today Search: ...

Global Urban Development Magazine
METROPOLITAN ECONOMIC STRATEGY Eliminating Poverty Through Market-Based Social Entrepreneurship Muhammad Yunus I have chosen to discuss the ...

Group-wide Internal Audit Charter – Prudential plc
1. Mandate The primary objective of Group-wide Internal Audit (GwIA) is ‘to assist the Board, Group Executive Committee, Group Audit Committee ...

Part time jobs, full time jobs, working from home & flexible jobs - Working Mums - WorkingMums.co.uk
Work from home and find part time jobs, full time jobs and flexible jobs here at Working Mums. We offer flexible jobs for mums wanting a new ...

Support - Novell
Novell's technical support site with up-to-date patches and files, Knowledgebase, and forums.

Moving a GroupWise System from NetWare to a Windows Server - Cool Solutions - Novell