GWIA 450 Host Down on 1 domain

I'm getting a 450 Host Down message on GWIA only when sending to 1
specific domain. I can telnet to port 25 and do an NSLookup to the MX
record and it responds ok.

I tried creating a Route.cfg with the ip address up the remote domain and
still got the same condition.

GWIA 6.5.4

0
dhoffrogge
10/13/2006 7:45:00 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.gwia 5303 articles. 0 followers. Follow

dhoffrogge@comcast.net wrote:

> I'm getting a 450 Host Down message on GWIA only when sending to 1
> specific domain. I can telnet to port 25

Directly from your GWIA server? This is exactly what a 450 host down
says. YOur gwia can not connect to port 25 of the resolved server. If
all else fails, take lan trace on your server. You can use pktscan.nlm
for that.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 19:45:00 GMT, dhoffrogge@comcast.net wrote:

>I'm getting a 450 Host Down message on GWIA only when sending to 1
>specific domain. I can telnet to port 25 and do an NSLookup to the MX
>record and it responds ok.
>
>I tried creating a Route.cfg with the ip address up the remote domain and
>still got the same condition.
>
>GWIA 6.5.4
Tim
___________________
Tim Heywood (SYSOP)
NDS8
Scotland
(God's Country)
www.nds8.co.uk
___________________

In theory, practice and theory are the same
In Practice, they are different
0
Tim
10/13/2006 9:44:25 PM
> I'm not getting much cooperation from the the side, they just say it's
> not us. They can send mail to us though.

> Are they using an RBL that has a ban on your GWIA's IP address?
>

> On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 19:45:00 GMT, dhoffrogge@comcast.net wrote:
>
> >I'm getting a 450 Host Down message on GWIA only when sending to 1
> >specific domain. I can telnet to port 25 and do an NSLookup to the MX
> >record and it responds ok.
> >
> >I tried creating a Route.cfg with the ip address up the remote domain
and
> >still got the same condition.
> >
> >GWIA 6.5.4
> Tim
> ___________________
> Tim Heywood (SYSOP)
> NDS8
> Scotland
> (God's Country)
> www.nds8.co.uk
> ___________________
>
> In theory, practice and theory are the same
> In Practice, they are different

0
dhoffrogge
10/14/2006 10:05:36 PM
> Hi,
>
> dhoffrogge@comcast.net wrote:
> >
> > I'm getting a 450 Host Down message on GWIA only when sending to 1
> > specific domain. I can telnet to port 25
>
> Directly from your GWIA server? This is exactly what a 450 host down
> says. YOur gwia can not connect to port 25 of the resolved server. If
> all else fails, take lan trace on your server. You can use pktscan.nlm
> for that.
>
> CU,
> --
> Massimo Rosen
> Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
> No emails please!
> http://www.cfc-it.de

The GWIA should be able to, I can do an NSLOOKUP on the remote MX record
right from the GWIA server and it resolves ok. Thay can also send mail to
me. It's almost as if they are blocking mail from us but I'm not sure how
I can prove that.

0
dhoffrogge
10/14/2006 10:10:38 PM
Can you change the NAT so that the one that GWIA usually uses points
to a workstation?  Then you can behave as if you are the GWIA and
PROOVE what they are doing.

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 22:05:36 GMT, dhoffrogge@comcast.net wrote:

>> I'm not getting much cooperation from the the side, they just say it's
>> not us. They can send mail to us though.
>

>> Are they using an RBL that has a ban on your GWIA's IP address?
>>

>> On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 19:45:00 GMT, dhoffrogge@comcast.net wrote:
>>
>> >I'm getting a 450 Host Down message on GWIA only when sending to 1
>> >specific domain. I can telnet to port 25 and do an NSLookup to the MX
>> >record and it responds ok.
>> >
>> >I tried creating a Route.cfg with the ip address up the remote domain
>and
>> >still got the same condition.
>> >
>> >GWIA 6.5.4
>> Tim
>> ___________________
>> Tim Heywood (SYSOP)
>> NDS8
>> Scotland
>> (God's Country)
>> www.nds8.co.uk
>> ___________________
>>
>> In theory, practice and theory are the same
>> In Practice, they are different
Tim
___________________
Tim Heywood (SYSOP)
NDS8
Scotland
(God's Country)
www.nds8.co.uk
___________________

In theory, practice and theory are the same
In Practice, they are different
0
Tim

dhoffrogge@comcast.net wrote:

> The GWIA should be able to, I can do an NSLOOKUP on the remote MX record
> right from the GWIA server and it resolves ok. Thay can also send mail to
> me. It's almost as if they are blocking mail from us but I'm not sure how
> I can prove that.

I doubt it's them blocking you directly, because that usually wouldn't
produce a 450 host down.

As for the proof, as I said, use pktscan.nlm on your server, and take a
trace of the conection attempt.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0
Massimo

gwia and 450 Host down for own domain
Suddenly have a spate of this going on, no apparent reason. 450 Host Down stmarks.pp.catholic.edu.au (Which is the name of our domain) Defer is filling up with messages that are being sent by gwia to (itself?) mostly dealing with failed deliveries of emails for one (real) reason or another (typos in address etc) Most of these are from <> ie null sender. Inbound mail from other domains (ie the internet at large) seems ok. Outbound mail to other domains is likewise ok. Caveat: AOHell and now Hotmail, but that's not GWIA's fault - they have decided we are on a dial...

To Gwia or not to Gwia
Hi everyone. I have 6.5.7 that is on a 10+ years box. It's time to put it to rest - I said but the boss does not want to spend the money - heard that before! It a suite using on GW and Gwava no other products. There are worried about email failure. So I'm trying GWAVA's Reload product. It works fine for the backup and the disaster recovery BUT you have no Gwia. Can I set up another Netware box with just the Gwia on it and disable the main box Gwia so that when the system fails ( and it will) we will have a email running service? Also is there a license issue here...

GWIA: 450 host down...on a host that is NOT down
Hi all. i'm getting an annoying 450 host down error on my GWIA. We sent some important emails and we didn't notice they were not going out until way later. Then we checked and we were having 450 host down on that host. Some time ago we used to experience this very same problem, but then it stopped (couldn't say exactly what we did, since I was not in charge of communications back then) Obviously, I did a telnet on port 25 to the mail exchanger of the problematic domain. It was up and running. What could be causing this behaviour? How can I solve this probl...

GWIA 55EP2 and GWIA 6x Differences
Hello, I am reading the Groupwise upgrade guide, as we are planning to upgrade from GW 55EP2 to GW 6.x. In there, it mentions that we may not want to upgrade right away to a 6.x GWIA, especially if we support POP3 or IMAP clients. And it seems to indicate that the GroupWise post offices now talk directly to a 6.x GWIA, while a 5.x GWIA always communicates through the MTA. Can someone explain to me the differences in the GWIA's so we can deploy our GW upgrade without surprises? We have a single GroupWise domain, Single GWIA, Single MTA, and 8 post offices distributed on ...

Gwia 450 host down
Hello, I'm getting 450 host down errors from one particular site. I've used the gwip and tested the mx connectivity and it does connect, but very slowly. I can alos connect froma workstation, again, the response time back from the foreign server is slow. Is there a GWIA setting/timeout that controls how long the GWIA should wait before declaring the host down with a 450 error? thanks ConsoleOne, GWIA object, SMTP/MIME, Timeouts. >>> Guinevere<Guinevere@ftj.com> 3/9/2005 11:07 AM >>> Hello, I'm getting 450 host down errors from one part...

GWIA
new to groupwise GW 6.5 (SP3) I can receive mail from the outside world however I cannot send out any message to the outside world.. I always get a 450 Host down error here is my gwia.cfg file Any ideas ?? Thanks in advance Doug ;====================================================================== ; GroupWise 6 GWIA ; Startup File ;---------------------------------------------------------------------- ; This contains the configuation options for GroupWise Internet Agent. ; Use ConsoleOne to modify this file with Advan...

GWIA
Hi Recently I noticed a lot of Host Down instances according to the stats on the GWIA web interface. With 3 days of uptime the numbers were 216 "sent" email and 560 "host down". Further checks revealed this sort of error in the logs: MSG 6201 Analyzing result file: MAIL/DATA:\GRPWISE\MAILINT\WPGATE\GWIA\result\r99589a6.040 02-17-09 00:08:07 0 MSG 6201 Detected error on SMTP command 02-17-09 00:08:07 0 MSG 6201 Command: domain.com.au 02-17-09 00:08:07 0 MSG 6201 Response: 450 Host down (domain.com.au) 02-17-09 00:08:07 0 MSG 6202 Analyzing result file: ...

groupwise 5.5 GWIA out
i'm getting this message "Mailer-Daemon@gwiaout.mycompanydomain.com" The message that you sent was undeliverable to the following: amoralezz@yahoo.com (access denied) Possibly truncated original message follows: when we use other email clients to send e-mails out. if anyone knows what is wrong please help me. we run Groupwise 5.5 regards, anthony Look at GWIA Access Control -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I...

2 domain names but 1 GW Domain/GWIA/MTA/PO in our office
We have 2 domain names (one .ORG and one .NL) but only 1 GW Domain/GWIA/MTA/PO in our office. Only 2 users need the second domain to receive but also to SENT messages. Is it possible get the option on which Domains behalf they are going to sent a message? I tried some options but none of them worked so far. Do I need to create an another PostOffice or domain to get this working or are there easier solutions. We use GW6.5Sp1b on Netware 6SP4 Frank No you dont. The work qround is as follows: Enable POP3 on your GW system from C1, Groupwise Tools-Client Options ...

GWIA 6.5.1 ABEND in GWIA-smtpsnd
We're running GW 6.5.1 on NetWare 6.0 SP3. Lately, the server that is running the GWIA will ABEND with the last running process being: GWIA-smtpsnd-010 Process. There is always a file in the SEND folder with the same date/time stamp as the ABEND. I have to clear this file out and then restart the server. Anyone experiencing this? Would anyone recommend applying FTF:GroupWise 6.5.2 Internet Agent Rev. G (beta)? Thanks. -Marc Johnson I am expriencing this also. A VAR told me there is a beta patch available for this but it doesn't seem to effect the servers operation s...

Error 450 Host Down on GWIA
Greetings, We are experiencing errors on the GWIA agent, when sending emails to some domains. Apparently, the problem is related to higher priority Mail Exchange (MX) hosts not responding to requests of the GWIA as explained in Novell's support TID number 100534469 (http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10053469.htm ). It says: "This problem has been reported to development. Customer can either install the non-enhancement pack GW 5.5.2 GWIA or create a ROUTE.CFG in the domain\WPGATE\gwia directory with the hostname they are having problems reaching ...

groupwise 5.5 gwia out
I've tested out 2 different e-mail clients our .bat one and outlook express. i think our GWIA-Out is having a problem sending mail using those clients. Could there be something in the way it processes the mail that is coming from an e-mail client that is not groupwise 5.5 mail client? regards, anthony Naw, but it's nearly impossible to safely set up 5.x in a way you don't expose yourself for spam relay... -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless ...

Host Down error on GWIA Domain
On a GW 6.5 SP1 system, I am still getting the '450 Host Down' Error at times when an outbound message is going to our own domain. In the log file it looks like: "DMN: MSG 5494 Send Failure: 450 Host down (MYDOMAIN.COM)" Where MYDOMAIN.COM is our own Internet domain. I have followed the suggestions of TID 10060050 and put an entry in the Route.cfg file for the GWIA like so: mydomain.com [192.168.100.10] Where 192.168.100.10 is the internal private IP address of our BorderManager server that is also running the GWIA. Why do messages that originate ...

450 Host down error on the GWIA
Do you have a e-mail firewall system such as Proofpoint in place? We have this happen when our firewall is having problems such as rebooting for the coninuous updates that it receives from the vendor or an influx of spam. Ususally the GroupWise "Agents/gwia/defer" directory will start collecting items in it and that tells us that the mail is not going through the firewall system. We then check our firewall box and 95% of the time it is having a problem. I hope this helps in your case. Hi, rtolbert@ccisd.net wrote: > > Do you have a e-mail firewall system ...

Web resources about - GWIA 450 Host Down on 1 domain - novell.groupwise.6x.gwia

Domain name - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A domain name is an identification string that defines a realm of administrative autonomy, authority, or control on the Internet . Domain names ...

Apple registers three car-related domain names, hinting at its electric vehicle project
... during media events while Tim Cook has resisted denying the project . The biggest tease to date comes in the form of new car-related domain ...

Apple registers a series of car-related domains
Apple registered three car-related domains in December, according to a recent report, potentially signaling the developing of the much-rumored ...

New domain registration sparks iCar chatter
You may not be able to buy an Apple Car yet, but an Apple Car website could be in the works.

Apple snaps up a trio of car-related web domains
... evidence is lending further weight to the possibility that we may one day cruise down the street in an Apple Car. Listings on domain search ...

NY Public Library releases 180,000 free public domain pictures
The New York Public Library has made 180,000 old-timey, out-of-copyright pictures available as high-res downloads through its Digital Collections ...

The Public Domain Once Again Loses In The New Year
... of every year under US Copyright Law, creative and scientific works that have reached the end of their copyright terms go into the public domain. ...

Anne Frank's Diary and Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf Both Enter the Public Domain on Friday
A copyright fight is brewing in Europe this week as the deadline after which two key WWII-era texts will fall within the public domain steadily ...

Apple Just Called Dibs On A Few Car-Related Domain Names
... it happen eventually, and it we may just be getting closer to that day—in December, the company registered several car-related website domain ...

The New York Public Library Releases More Than 180,000 Digitized Items Into the Public Domain
The New York Public Library has released more than 180,000 digitized items into the public domain. Users can freely browse the digital collection ...