Forcing GWIA to listen on only one NIC???

We have a Netware 6 server with 2 NICs.
I want GWIA (6.0.4) to listen for incoming e-mail
on only one of those NICs. How do I force it to stop
listening on the other NIC?

Thanks,

- Doug
0
DoubleD
5/31/2006 4:49:31 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.gwia 5303 articles. 0 followers. Follow

DoubleD@test.com wrote:

> We have a Netware 6 server with 2 NICs.
> I want GWIA (6.0.4) to listen for incoming e-mail
> on only one of those NICs. How do I force it to stop
> listening on the other NIC?

No chance with GW6.0. GW7 allows that.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop

To Gwia or not to Gwia
Hi everyone. I have 6.5.7 that is on a 10+ years box. It's time to put it to rest - I said but the boss does not want to spend the money - heard that before! It a suite using on GW and Gwava no other products. There are worried about email failure. So I'm trying GWAVA's Reload product. It works fine for the backup and the disaster recovery BUT you have no Gwia. Can I set up another Netware box with just the Gwia on it and disable the main box Gwia so that when the system fails ( and it will) we will have a email running service? Also is there a license issue here...

How do I setup one GWIA for inbound and one GWIA for outbound?
I would like to setup two Novell 5.1 servers for GWIA. One to handle inbound traffic and one to handle outbound traffic. Is there a procedure somewhere that explains how to preform this task? steven_hoffman@sti.com wrote: > Is there a procedure somewhere that explains how to preform this task? Set your MX record for the inbound GWIA - set your default GWIA in C1 for the outbound GWIA. You can truly "restrict" it once you've done this by setting switches that only allow in- or outbound traffic. -- Danita Zanre Novell Support Forums Volunteer http://www.ca...

GWIA 55EP2 and GWIA 6x Differences
Hello, I am reading the Groupwise upgrade guide, as we are planning to upgrade from GW 55EP2 to GW 6.x. In there, it mentions that we may not want to upgrade right away to a 6.x GWIA, especially if we support POP3 or IMAP clients. And it seems to indicate that the GroupWise post offices now talk directly to a 6.x GWIA, while a 5.x GWIA always communicates through the MTA. Can someone explain to me the differences in the GWIA's so we can deploy our GW upgrade without surprises? We have a single GroupWise domain, Single GWIA, Single MTA, and 8 post offices distributed on ...

groupwise 5.5 GWIA out
i'm getting this message "Mailer-Daemon@gwiaout.mycompanydomain.com" The message that you sent was undeliverable to the following: amoralezz@yahoo.com (access denied) Possibly truncated original message follows: when we use other email clients to send e-mails out. if anyone knows what is wrong please help me. we run Groupwise 5.5 regards, anthony Look at GWIA Access Control -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I...

GWIA to MTA connection afeter Groupwise migration from one server to another one
Hi to all My Groupwise 6.5 MTA, POA, GWIA and the Webaccess are now installed on a Netware 6.5 server, and I want to install it on another Netware 6.5 server which is on the same NDS that the first one.The new server has another name and IP address because I need to keep the old server on the network. After unloading all the groupwise NLM on the old server, I have tried to copy all the \\sys\grpwise directory to the new server and then reinstalled Groupwise to the new server. Users Groupwise agents are now connected to the new server and users can see their mails. But incoming...

groupwise 5.5 gwia out
I've tested out 2 different e-mail clients our .bat one and outlook express. i think our GWIA-Out is having a problem sending mail using those clients. Could there be something in the way it processes the mail that is coming from an e-mail client that is not groupwise 5.5 mail client? regards, anthony Naw, but it's nearly impossible to safely set up 5.x in a way you don't expose yourself for spam relay... -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless ...

Forcing GWIA to use specific NIC
Hi Guys I'm thinking about using a setup with two public NIC's on one of our sites (to two seperate ISP's). NIC1 will be for surfing. NIC2 will be the mail delivery. I would set it up with the default gateway on NIC1, and then tie the GWIA to the IP on NIC2. But will that make it go through NIC2 to the ISP? And how about internal communications, do I need to the the domain that it should contact the GWIA on a seperate IP, or will it discover it automatically? -- /fribse Hi, NetwareGuy wrote: > > Hi Guys > > I'm thinking about using ...

GWIA problem: The MTA has two associated GWIA and mail is being directed to the wrong one.
My network is a Netware 5 Small Business Edition, two server system, with one of the servers (S1) running GroupWise 5.5. I have transferred my Groupwise system from one server (S1) to a new server (S3) using the TID10008433. This involved copying the 'mail' directory (including the mail\'domain'\wpgate\gwia directory of the original GWIA gateway.) onto Server S2 and 'plugging it in using Nwadmin. Next I installed the Agents (MTA, POA) from the new software distribution directory onto S3. The internal groupwise system (the POA and MTA) function correct...

Set GWIA to listen only on one IP address?
--____CYIVTLGRHYAEOUUCQLPN____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable My GroupWise server has three IP addresses bound to it. Spammers have = over time cached my server name. I've changed the MX record for my domain = to move through a ProofPoint Anti-spam solution (20,000+ blocked in one = week's time for a 500 employee company!). We still get some rouge spam = coming through sent directly to the IP address of the GroupWise server, = but we're not entirely sure what's going on with all of this. I tried changin...

Force GWIA to send mail out thru Public NIC
Hi Since upgrading my system to GW701 my GWIA is sending mail out thru the private NIC 10.10.10.x which is then default routing out via NAT. The result is that our mail shows it is coming from our firewall IPaddress. This has caused us to be placed on CBL block list. How can I force GWIA to send mail out thru the Public NIC in the mail server? Thanks. Rod Fraser admin@sfeca.org wrote: > Hi > > Since upgrading my system to GW701 my GWIA is sending mail out thru the > private NIC 10.10.10.x which is then default routing out via NAT. The > result is that ...

One GWIA to send and one to receive
Is the above possible? Yep, provided they are different machines, TID 10065083 gives some guidance Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ Thanks for that Dave, got it working a treat now! "Dave Parkes" <Dave@Norgren.co.uk> wrote in message news:xn0ehnro77ya2k008@support-forums.novell.com... > Yep, provided they are different machines, TID 10065083 gives some guidance > > Cheers Dave > > > -- > > Dave Parkes [NSCS] > Occasionally resident at http://support-forums....

gwia not listening
Hi, I'm running gwia 6.5.2 on a netware 5.1sp6 platform. Every now and then (and almost daily recently), gwia stops listening. telnet port 25 gets: telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused At times, when I restart gwia, I get: SMTP service - Error: Unable to listen on SMTP port. (Rc=3) At times, even after REBOOTING, gwia does not listen on port 25. My colleague thinks it's the postfix box I set up as an antispam relay, but I can't imagine how that could kill gwia. And keep it from running, AFTER a reboot. Here's a tcpdump when g...

Can 2 Separate GroupWise System share one GWIA
Hi, I have another question. Can 2 separate GroupWise System share on GWIA. For example, currently I have 1 GroupWise System and 1 GWIA (abc.com). I would like to setup another GroupWise System but share the existing GWIA. However, this GWIA will host multiple Internet Domain such as abc.com, 123.abc.com, 234.abc.com and so on. Can it be done? Thanks On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 08:20:07 GMT, tcteng@mcsb.com wrote: >Hi, > >I have another question. Can 2 separate GroupWise System share on GWIA. >For example, currently I have 1 GroupWise System and 1 GWIA (abc.com). ...

GWIA on GroupWise
Is is OK to have GWIA on the same server as Groupwise? Is it recommended against having both on the same machine? gvaray@consultant.com wrote: > Is is OK to have GWIA on the same server as Groupwise? Is it recommended > against having both on the same machine? What do you mean by "GroupWise"? GWIA is one agent in the groupwise system. It can peacefully coexist with the other agents (POA, MTA, gwinter, etc) just fine on the same box. -- Jim NSC Sysop It is just fine to have the gwia running on the same server. In fact, its just fine to have _everything_ ...

Web resources about - Forcing GWIA to listen on only one NIC??? - novell.groupwise.6x.gwia

Forcing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Update to Facebook Messenger for iOS Prevents Scammers from Forcing iPhones to Place Calls
Facebook is rolling out an update to its Messenger application for iOS to protect users from a vulnerability in the operating system that allowed ...

Forcing Flu Shots on Health Care Workers Who is Next? 09-30-2010 - YouTube
Forcing Flu Shots on Health Care Workers Who is Next? 09-30-2010, Barbara Loe Fisher, NVIC, National Vaccine Information Center

Dubai landlord ‘forcing Discovery Gardens tenants to sign non-renewable contract’
Landlords demand they all vacate or pay a rental amount that is not in line with the Rera index. Mario Volpi is here to help.

German city says OpenOffice shortcomings are forcing it back to Microsoft
The city council in Freiburg, Germany, is planning to ditch an open source office suite and go back to using Microsoft Office.

Funding cuts forcing Australian War Memorial to shed 19 staff
The Australian War Memorial will lose 19 staff over the next three years.

Surplus fixation forcing the RBA's hand
Surplus fixation forcing the RBA's hand

Gartner: 7 major trends forcing IT security pros to change
Enterprises are under heavy pressure to change their approach to IT security because of a "nexus of forces" that include big data, social networking, ...

Environmental Activists Accused Of Forcing Mining Companies To Obey The Law
The Government has revealed plans to alter the Environmental Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act as a means to deal with a spate of ...

NSW prison population hits record high forcing police to 'babysit' inmates
The NSW prisoner population is at a historic high of 11,100, with inmates having to be detained overnight at police stations and courthouses ...