450 Hosts Down errors

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C3E993.38DC1E80

I am getting many 450 Hosts Down errors.   I have created a route.cfg
=
under GWIA.  I placed in the mail servers for these sites.   I still
get =
them.   I checked to see if the server can ping all of the DNS
servers.  =
It can.   Any suggestions? =20

--=20
Michael A. McKenney
mckennma@wideopenwest.com
EE, CNE, MCP, CCNA, A+

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C3E993.38DC1E80

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am getting many 450 Hosts Down=20
errors.&nbsp;&nbsp; I have created a route.cfg under GWIA.&nbsp; I =
placed in the=20
mail servers for these sites.&nbsp;&nbsp; I still get
them.&nbsp;&nbsp; =
I=20
checked to see if the server can ping all of the DNS servers.&nbsp;
It=20
can.&nbsp;&nbsp; Any suggestions?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR>-- <BR>Michael A.
McKenney<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:mckennma@wideopenwest.com">mckennma@wideopenwest.com</A><B=

R>EE,=20
CNE, MCP, CCNA, A+<BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C3E993.38DC1E80--

0
Michael
2/2/2004 6:47:55 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.gwia 5303 articles. 0 followers. Follow

your errors might be caused by the defered mail in the DEFER folder...

search back a couple days for a message originating from me...subject
450 something or another..  in there i posted a tid i found concerning

the defered messages.

0
Matthew

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C3E999.110B7EE0

About 60% does get delivered.  I will check for your earlier posting.
=20
  " Michael A. McKenney" <mckennma@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message
=
  I am getting many 450 Hosts Down errors.   I have created a
route.cfg =
under GWIA.  I placed in the mail servers for these sites.   I still
get =
them.   I checked to see if the server can ping all of the DNS
servers.  =
It can.   Any suggestions? =20

  --=20
  Michael A. McKenney
  mckennma@wideopenwest.com
  EE, CNE, MCP, CCNA, A+

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C3E999.110B7EE0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>About 60% does get delivered.&nbsp; I
=
will check=20
for your earlier posting.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>" Michael A. McKenney" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:mckennma@wideopenwest.com">mckennma@wideopenwest.com</A>&g=

t;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:vXwTb.5445$Wh.282@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com">news:vXwTb.54=

45$Wh.282@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am getting many 450 Hosts Down=20

  errors.&nbsp;&nbsp; I have created a route.cfg under GWIA.&nbsp; I =

placed in=20
  the mail servers for these sites.&nbsp;&nbsp; I still get =
them.&nbsp;&nbsp; I=20
  checked to see if the server can ping all of the DNS servers.&nbsp;
It =

  can.&nbsp;&nbsp; Any suggestions?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR>-- <BR>Michael A.
McKenney<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:mckennma@wideopenwest.com">mckennma@wideopenwest.com</A><B=

R>EE,=20
  CNE, MCP, CCNA, A+<BR></FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C3E999.110B7EE0--

0
Michael

Error 450 Host Down on GWIA
Greetings, We are experiencing errors on the GWIA agent, when sending emails to some domains. Apparently, the problem is related to higher priority Mail Exchange (MX) hosts not responding to requests of the GWIA as explained in Novell's support TID number 100534469 (http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10053469.htm ). It says: "This problem has been reported to development. Customer can either install the non-enhancement pack GW 5.5.2 GWIA or create a ROUTE.CFG in the domain\WPGATE\gwia directory with the hostname they are having problems reaching ...

450 Host down error on the GWIA
Do you have a e-mail firewall system such as Proofpoint in place? We have this happen when our firewall is having problems such as rebooting for the coninuous updates that it receives from the vendor or an influx of spam. Ususally the GroupWise "Agents/gwia/defer" directory will start collecting items in it and that tells us that the mail is not going through the firewall system. We then check our firewall box and 95% of the time it is having a problem. I hope this helps in your case. Hi, rtolbert@ccisd.net wrote: > > Do you have a e-mail firewall system ...

GWIA: 450 host down...on a host that is NOT down
Hi all. i'm getting an annoying 450 host down error on my GWIA. We sent some important emails and we didn't notice they were not going out until way later. Then we checked and we were having 450 host down on that host. Some time ago we used to experience this very same problem, but then it stopped (couldn't say exactly what we did, since I was not in charge of communications back then) Obviously, I did a telnet on port 25 to the mail exchanger of the problematic domain. It was up and running. What could be causing this behaviour? How can I solve this probl...

GWIA one linux: 450 Host down error
I'm having problems getting the GWIA to work. Internal communications with groupwise 7.0 works, but it can not communicate out to the net and messages can not come in. This is a new OES1 Linux server running Groupwise 7.0 some info: when trying to send out, in the gwia log I get: BBO Queuing deferred message .... BB0 DMN: MSG 151 Send Failure: 450 Host down ([ipaddress]) If I set the /mh to the outside mail server's host name or domain name instead of the ip address I get a: 450 MX lookup failure ([hostname]) However, I am able to "telnet [ipaddr] 25"...

Gwia 6.5 450 Host down Error
Hello All, I've been noticing an odd "450 Host Down" error on GWIA. The odd thing about it is that it is generating this error on my own domain which is alive and well. It seems to be happening when someone using a groupwise account attempts to send to another groupwise user using username@domain.org rather than the groupwise address book. Any thoughts or suggestions as to what might be wrong? We're running GW 6.5.0 on an NW 6.5 SP1 Thanks in advance. Jim TID 10052707 ??? If it doesn't work, put the route.cfg file in SYS:System -- Best R...

GWIA 450 host down (worldimpact.org) errors and DNS Help
Hello, I have GW, BorderManager,Gwava. I'm getting 450 host down (worldimpact.org) errors and periodically the SMTP service stops working. I have two GWIA's. These are my MX records xx.xx.xx.123 smtp.worldimpact.org xx.xx.xx.125 mail.worldimpact.org. both preferences set to 10. We have the remote clients use the setting smtp.worldimpact.org for both POP and SMTP services. Gwava is on the mail.worldimpact.org server. The .123 service stalls sometimes so we moved the remote clients using Netscape Thunderbird to the .125 mail.worldimpact.org. and so far so g...

no MX record for relay host, error 450 host down
Hi, My provider, who force me to use a relay host, has removed it's mx records from the relay server dns name. Thus making sending emails impossible because sinds this change the gwia keeps on reporting: error 450 host down How to fix this in the gwia Hi, Alex Warmerdam wrote: > > Hi, > > My provider, who force me to use a relay host, has removed it's mx > records from the relay server dns name. > > Thus making sending emails impossible because sinds this change the > gwia keeps on reporting: error 450 host down > > How to...

GWIA
Hi Recently I noticed a lot of Host Down instances according to the stats on the GWIA web interface. With 3 days of uptime the numbers were 216 "sent" email and 560 "host down". Further checks revealed this sort of error in the logs: MSG 6201 Analyzing result file: MAIL/DATA:\GRPWISE\MAILINT\WPGATE\GWIA\result\r99589a6.040 02-17-09 00:08:07 0 MSG 6201 Detected error on SMTP command 02-17-09 00:08:07 0 MSG 6201 Command: domain.com.au 02-17-09 00:08:07 0 MSG 6201 Response: 450 Host down (domain.com.au) 02-17-09 00:08:07 0 MSG 6202 Analyzing result file: ...

gwia 450 error
Hello, I keep getting the following error on my gwia screen. detected error on smpt command command: homedaleschools.org response: 450 host down (homedaleschools.org) homedaleschools.org is my domain, the one the gwia is handling mail for. All mail seems to come and go fine. Would like to know what this means. running GW6.5.4 on nw6.5sp4 Thanks Dave Holmes dholmes@homedaleschools.org wrote: > Hello, > I keep getting the following error on my gwia screen. > > detected error on smpt command > command: homedaleschools.org > response: 450 hos...

error 450 Host Down
I am new to Groupwise and am trying to set it up. Netware 6.0 SP4 on all servers, BM 3.7 latest patches running proxy and filtering, Groupwise 6 SP4. I have the system setup and could yesterday send email messages back and forth inside of my network but not to or from the outside world. I then installed the GWIA and had three errors. One was not assigning a postmaster - taken care of. The other two were "No relay host connectivity from target server" and "Invalid or unspecified Internet Host name" - I think that I took care of this one by filling in the Foreign ID ...

GWIA
new to groupwise GW 6.5 (SP3) I can receive mail from the outside world however I cannot send out any message to the outside world.. I always get a 450 Host down error here is my gwia.cfg file Any ideas ?? Thanks in advance Doug ;====================================================================== ; GroupWise 6 GWIA ; Startup File ;---------------------------------------------------------------------- ; This contains the configuation options for GroupWise Internet Agent. ; Use ConsoleOne to modify this file with Advan...

Host down 450 error
Hi, I have GW 701. Today, the server can't send any email to two domains (sympatico.ca and txt.bellmobility.ca) and getting error "450 Host down". However, I was able to send email to both domain with hotmail. I tested the connection and MX OK between my GW server and the two domains with GWIP.NLM. Since I am able to send email with other system, it looks like the problem is on my server. However, I have no idea where to look at. Could anyone help, please? Thanks, Aldous Aldous, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to ...

450 Host Errors
At our district we can send out email (internally and externally) but we can only receive email from within, not from an outside source. Some please help I am at my wits end with the GWIA, this is the log that is being logged on a daily basis right now: \ 10-14-05 00:00:00 0 SMP On 10-14-05 00:00:00 0 SNMP On 10-14-05 00:00:00 0 Startup Switches= /Home- \\groupwise\data\grpwise\domain 10-14-05 00:00:00 0 \WPGATE\GWIA /DHome- \\groupwise\data\grpwise\domain\W 10-14-05 00:00:00 0 PGATE\GWIA /DSN /DSNAGE- 4 /SMTP /POP3 /IMAP4 /LDAP /M 10-14-05 00:00:00 0 I...

450 host down errors
--____YCLHYHAFWSSUBYTVSCXU____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Tue, 27 Nov 2006 06:12:30 -0500" Has anyone had success troubleshooting 450 Host Down errors with GW7 Sp1 = on a Windows server? I am getting these every few days resulting in mail = being deferred by GWIA. The only remedy seems to be to reboot the = GroupWise server. The GroupWise 7 POA, MTA GWIA and Webaccess agents are all running on a = Windows 2003 Server with SP1. --____YCLHYHAFWSSUBYTVSCXU____ ...

error: 450 host down
I have a NW5 SP6 SBServer, with groupwise 5.5 SP4 running on it. My GWIA reports the above error code and we are unable to get any mail in or out. I have check with my ISP and everything is ok from that side. From any PC I can ping the outside world but I am unable to do so from my server, which leads me to believe that its some setting in inetcfg. I have reconfigured my default route added the set nat dynamic mode to pass thru=on command but I am still unable to get outside. I don't have any firewalls in place either. Any Ideas? Thanks Check sys:etc\resolv.c...

Web resources about - 450 Hosts Down errors - novell.groupwise.6x.gwia

Error - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The word error entails different meanings and usages relative to how it is conceptually applied. The concrete meaning of the Latin word "error" ...

My error: Council announces ambitious target and I believed it
An article published yesterday about councils aiming to procure 1200 megawatts of renewable energy is incorrect. A Melbourne City Council official ...

The Friends error you never saw - The Courier-Mail Search Search
THEY’LL be there for you ... except when you have to reshoot your lines.

The Friends error you never saw - DailyTelegraph Search Search
THEY’LL be there for you ... except when you have to reshoot your lines.

The Friends error you never saw
THEY’LL be there for you ... except when you have to reshoot your lines.

Did ISIS just make a huge tactical error with Paris attacks? - PerthNow Search Search
THE world has been shocked by the Paris attacks but could they have revealed a big weakness for Islamic State?

Inside my Centrelink nightmare: myGov 'error' locks new mother out of maternity leave payments
Mother Bec Smith has been trying for months to access Centrelink payments. A &quot;serious error&quot; is preventing her.

Rare manufacturing error leaves iPad Pro with gold Touch ID ring and silver back
... with a silver Touch ID ring. When our reader contacted Apple about the problem, they told him it’s an “extremely rare” manufacturing error, ...

NYT East Africa Bureau Chief Still Paying the Price for Mugabe Error
... Jeffrey Gettleman , East Africa bureau chief for The New York Times, tweeted the following: Still getting nasty msgs. I corrected error, apologized ...

NFL admits officiating error in Ravens-Jaguars ending - Baltimore Sun
The NFL acknowledged Monday that neither Elvis Dumervil&amp;rsquo;s 15-yard face mask penalty nor kicker Jason Myers&amp;rsquo; 53-yard game-winning ...