2 domain names but 1 GW Domain/GWIA/MTA/PO in our office

We have 2 domain names (one .ORG and one .NL) but only 1 GW
Domain/GWIA/MTA/PO in our office.
Only 2 users need the second domain to receive but also to SENT messages.

Is it possible get the option on which Domains behalf they are going to
sent a message? I tried some options but none of them worked so far.

Do I need to create an another PostOffice or domain to get this working
or are there easier  solutions.

We use GW6.5Sp1b on Netware 6SP4

Frank

0
f_a_van_velpen
2/27/2004 9:09:10 AM
novell.groupwise.6x.gwia 5303 articles. 0 followers. Follow

No you dont.

The work qround is as follows:

Enable POP3 on your GW system from C1, Groupwise Tools-Client Options

Once you have POP3 enabled, go to those two users.

When you start GW up again, it will have a new Menu feature called accounts.

Vreate an account for the seconndary domain, set it up to send as the
user you require.  You will send through YOUR smtp server using the
users GW password.

DO NOT set the account to auto send/retrive.

Once you do this the send button has the option of which account to send
from.

This has been explined in greate detail in other articles, searh through
if you need more info.

- Bill

f_a_van_velpen@hotmail.com wrote:

> We have 2 domain names (one .ORG and one .NL) but only 1 GW
> Domain/GWIA/MTA/PO in our office.
> Only 2 users need the second domain to receive but also to SENT messages.
>
> Is it possible get the option on which Domains behalf they are going to
> sent a message? I tried some options but none of them worked so far.
>
> Do I need to create an another PostOffice or domain to get this working
> or are there easier  solutions.
>
> We use GW6.5Sp1b on Netware 6SP4
>
> Frank

0
Bill

2 domain names but 1 GW Domain/MTA/PO in our office
We have 2 domain names (one .ORG and one .NL) but only 1 GW Domain/MTA/PO in our office. Only 2 users need the second domain to receive but also to SENT messages. Is it possible get the option on which Domains behalf they are going to sent a message? I tried some options but none of them worked so far. Do I need to create an another PostOffice or domain to get this working or are there easier solutions. We use GW6.5Sp1b on Netware 6SP4 Frank Running multiple internet domains is not a problem both to receive to and send from. The hangup however is that each user can ...

"user@domain".GWIA.PO@DOMAIN
--____RRPFYCVEASMWGABNOKGR____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 24 May 2006 09:06:16 -0400" I am transitioning from Netmail to Groupwise 7. I have the netmail server = in front, forwarding undeliverables to the GW server. Everything works = fine except mail from users on the Netmail system comes to GW users with = the "user@domain".GWIA.PO@DOMAIN format. Replys work, but users are = thrown by it. Any way to get rid of it, or do I have to live with...

Move users from GroupWise 6 Domain/PO to GroupWise 7 Domain/PO
Hello, It's been over three years since I transferred users from a GW 5.X domain to a GW 6.X domain so I'm a little rusty?? Situation: GW 6 running on Netware 6 two PO's under one domain. Created new server GW 7 on Netware 6.5 with two new PO's under a new domain. New system is up and running with GWIA and WebAccess completly functional. Question: How can I transfer users from the older GW 6 PO to the Newer GW 7 PO. Thanks in advance, Wayne Aaron Savannah Country Day School You just don't do this. You don't do upgrades like this. You upgrade the ...

2 Domain names, 1 GW Ssytem
We are running GW 7.01 SP2 (release). 1 PO/MTA/GWIA. Small simple 2 node clusterd system. We have 2 domain names, we want to switch the one we are using now for email to the other one, but we need to keep the other one running for up to a month for the trasition period for all contacts and important email. Is there any way to setup GW to accept email from two different doamin names? and if so, how does one go about setting this up? Thanks in advance for any assistance. -- dlehman On Fri, 04 May 2007 13:57:54 +0000, dlehman wrote: > We have 2 domain names, we want to...

gwia and 1 grpwise domaine and multiple po
hello, in my corporate, we have one domaine and multiples post-offices. we have multiples internet domaine too. I want to know if it's possible to redirect one internet domaine to one post offices. For example, "england.novell.com" internet domain could be redirect to the post office england_po and scotland.novell.com redirect to scotland_po post office? and there is TID to explain that? Hi, popo@hotmail.com wrote: > > hello, > in my corporate, we have one domaine and multiples post-offices. > we have multiples internet domaine too. > I want t...

can 1 gwia service 2 domains?
--____ZXNUHVDAWUEHGWBCOAXW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a customer who has a groupwise system w/gwia. He wants to set up a server in a separate tree, with it's own groupwise = system and manage it for a friend. Can his gwia service this other groupwise system? If so, how do you set = it up? Thanks. --____ZXNUHVDAWUEHGWBCOAXW____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____BKWNYXJPNVOLDRZQBBXS____" --____BKWNYXJPNVOLDRZQBBXS____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252 Cont...

GroupWise 7.1 hosting 2 domain names?
Hi, We are planning to change our name and are going to need to host the old name and the new name until the old one is phased out. Does anyone know how easy this will be? Is it possible? Our GroupWise receives/passes external email through a Mailsweeper system so it's not at the front end. We are running WebAccess also. Any advice would be helpful! Thanks in advance Alan Graham Here's a cool solution tip will help.. http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tip/19649.html along with some config at your mailsweeper to accept email for that domain. when do...

/ARI-NEVER & "user@domain".GWIA.PO@domain addressing
From a few posts here, I gather that the /ARI-NEVER switch should stop internet addresses being formatted as "user@domain".GWIA.PO@DOMAIN Checking our GWIA config and console confirms we have this set however, we still see instances of this from time to time. Worse though, is that occasionally something goes awry with emails with that address format in which the routing info gets screwed and somehow it's interpreted as being a post office of it's own. For example, "joe.blow@domain".GWIA.PO@DOMAIN would result in a delivery failure because "Item t...

delete and recreate gwia in new domain
If I delete gwia and recreate it in a new secondary domain can I create an alias of the old domain ..com"smtp.city1" so the repiles will work I just don't understand why/where you are seeing that address format ? Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ ...

GW (Domain or POA, not gwia !!!) LOST MAIL FROM THE Internet ! ! ! (i see this for mail from one domain)
From the internet user: igor@uga0.zp.pib.com.ua send test mail to the address: <skoltogyan@mail.ru>, <ksr@ami.ua> Where ksr@ami.ua - GroupWise mail box. Result: I receive and see mail in the skoltogyan@mail.ru - OK I receive(gwia received) mail for ksr@ami.ua , but can not see this mail in the my mail-box: ksr@ami.ua. (kujbd.kujbp.ksr) GWIA - NORMAL RECEIVE MAIL and send it to te INTERD domain. INTERD domain send this mail to the KUJBD domain, but in the KUJBD.KUJBP.KSR i can not see this mail..:( - THIS PROBLEM ! About this test-mail: 1. THis header mail ...

we use 2 domain names in gwia can ldap lookup both?
We are trying to reject email using ldap but we use 2 domain names and ldap only finds the first one listed. Anyone know how to do this? Hi, rhowe@cityoftulsa.org wrote: > > We are trying to reject email using ldap but we use 2 domain names and ldap > only finds the first one listed. > > Anyone know how to do this? You can't. Ldap will only ever show you the primary email address of a user. CU, -- Massimo Rosen Novell Product Support Forum Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de ...

Groupwise 6.5 Domains/Post Office and GWIA 5.5
Hi, We have alomost completed upgrading all of our Domains/Post offices across the company. We have done all of the domains (primary then secondaries) and we have one post office left to do. We have had no problems whatsoever with the upgrade process. The only thing that we haven't upgraded at the moment is the GWIA which is still version 5.5 We also heavily rely on the document management system within Groupwise. After the upgrade a number of users have complained that their external customers cannot read attachments they have sent. One lady has sent me a copy of an...

GWIA uses "userid.postoffice.domain@domain" rather than "userid@domain"
We're using GroupWise 6.5SP1 and encounter some strange behaviour at the GWIA level. When I send an external (ie internet) user a message and CC users from other domains, some of the users are listed as "userid@domain" and some other users as "userid.postoffice.domain@domain". I think it must be something on GroupWise Domain level, as all users from 1 domain have the issue, others haven't. Anyone any idea about this? Thanks, Michel In ConsoleOne, highlight the GroupWise system. Go to Tools / GroupWise System Operations / Internet Addressing. ...

Moving GWIA from one domain to another domain
Hello, I have moved my GW System from a server to a cluster environment with two nodes but I would like to run my WebAccess and GWIA on another server. To accomplish that I have created a secondary domain for GWIA and WebAccess. That secondary domain is already running like a charm and, now I would like to _MOVE_ the GWIA object from my primary domain to the new secondary domain. I have a lot of access control rules and I don't want to re-write all of them but all documentation I have be able to found is telling me I must delete and recreate the GWIA object. :-( Any ide...

Web resources about - 2 domain names but 1 GW Domain/GWIA/MTA/PO in our office - novell.groupwise.6x.gwia

The Domain, Sydney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , New South Wales , Australia . It is located on the eastern edge of the Sydney central business district , near Woolloomooloo . The Domain ...

Apple registers three car-related domain names, hinting at its electric vehicle project
... during media events while Tim Cook has resisted denying the project . The biggest tease to date comes in the form of new car-related domain ...

Apple registers a series of car-related domains
Apple registered three car-related domains in December, according to a recent report, potentially signaling the developing of the much-rumored ...

New domain registration sparks iCar chatter
You may not be able to buy an Apple Car yet, but an Apple Car website could be in the works.

Apple snaps up a trio of car-related web domains
... evidence is lending further weight to the possibility that we may one day cruise down the street in an Apple Car. Listings on domain search ...

Apple is buying up Apple Car domains
... it appears the company is doing what it can to stop opportunists from derailing its plans. MacRumors reports that it's begun buying up domain ...

Apple Registers 'Apple.car' Domain: Sign of Cars to Come? - Fortune
Apple has registered several car-related domain names, suggesting that the company may be working on an Apple Car.

Cruz hits Trump on immigration, eminent domain in New Hampshire
Cruz hits Trump on immigration, eminent domain in New Hampshire

The Public Domain Once Again Loses In The New Year
... of every year under US Copyright Law, creative and scientific works that have reached the end of their copyright terms go into the public domain. ...

Anne Frank's Diary and Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf Both Enter the Public Domain on Friday
A copyright fight is brewing in Europe this week as the deadline after which two key WWII-era texts will fall within the public domain steadily ...