update shared address book not updating

When one of my users residing on DOM/PO1 shares and address book with a user
in DOM/PO2.  The updates\modifications to contacts that are entered by
DOM/PO2 user are not replicated onto DOM/PO1 user.

Sometimes, the changes make it thru.  But then disappear the next day.

I looked at both account for gwcheck errors and they are reporting just
fine.

Where can I go from here?

Any comments, suggestions, thoghts are welcome.

Thank you in advance.

0
JT
10/25/2006 2:55:52 PM
novell.groupwise.6x.clients 14887 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Look at the prime user database on PO2.

"JT" <jt@jt.com> wrote in message
> When one of my users residing on DOM/PO1 shares and address book with a
> user in DOM/PO2.  The updates\modifications to contacts that are entered
> by DOM/PO2 user are not replicated onto DOM/PO1 user.
>
> Sometimes, the changes make it thru.  But then disappear the next day.
>
> I looked at both account for gwcheck errors and they are reporting just
> fine.
>
> Where can I go from here?
>
> Any comments, suggestions, thoghts are welcome.
>
> Thank you in advance.

0
Michael
10/25/2006 6:05:57 PM
Hi Mike,

Can you elaborate on this...

Thank you.

"Michael Bell" <mikebell90@noyahoospam.com> wrote in message
> Look at the prime user database on PO2.
>

> "JT" <jt@jt.com> wrote in message
>> When one of my users residing on DOM/PO1 shares and address book with a
>> user in DOM/PO2.  The updates\modifications to contacts that are entered
>> by DOM/PO2 user are not replicated onto DOM/PO1 user.
>>
>> Sometimes, the changes make it thru.  But then disappear the next day.
>>
>> I looked at both account for gwcheck errors and they are reporting just
>> fine.
>>
>> Where can I go from here?
>>
>> Any comments, suggestions, thoghts are welcome.
>>
>> Thank you in advance.

0
JT
10/25/2006 7:26:02 PM
When you replicate a shared address book or folder it goes into a prime user
db

PUxxx.db, where xxx is a number on the destination PO OFUSERS folder

"JT" <jt@jt.com> wrote in message
> Hi Mike,
>
> Can you elaborate on this...
>
> Thank you.
>

> "Michael Bell" <mikebell90@noyahoospam.com> wrote in message
>> Look at the prime user database on PO2.
>>

>> "JT" <jt@jt.com> wrote in message
>>> When one of my users residing on DOM/PO1 shares and address book with a
>>> user in DOM/PO2.  The updates\modifications to contacts that are entered
>>> by DOM/PO2 user are not replicated onto DOM/PO1 user.
>>>
>>> Sometimes, the changes make it thru.  But then disappear the next day.
>>>
>>> I looked at both account for gwcheck errors and they are reporting just
>>> fine.
>>>
>>> Where can I go from here?
>>>
>>> Any comments, suggestions, thoghts are welcome.
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance.

0
Michael

GroupWise Clients that Cache do not update their GroupWise Address books
I am running GroupWise 6.0 Sp3 POA/MTA/GWIA/WEBACCESS and clients. Some of my employees are running their GroupWise in Cache mode and some are running in Online mode. I added a new employee to the GroupWise post office at noon yesterday and it now approx. 8:00 am the next day and the Cache clients do not see the new employees name in their contacts list. However the Online and Webaccess clients do. Why are the Cache clients so slow to update, they get mail OK? I noticed this when I added a contact in Webaccess and it took three days to get to my Cache address book. I have t...

GroupWise cache Clients address books not updating
I have several GroupWise 6.0 sp4 clients that use cache mode and when they edit a name in a shared address book the name does not synchronize with the online version of the same address book. Have noticed that when things are done in cache mode they do not update the online mode for weeks at a time. Why does this happen? Emails and appointmants seem to be alright, it is just the address books for some reason. Just wondering, Ken@rlmrlm.com go into the remote mode and check Tools, Options, Properties_of_the_account, Advanced and see how the Refresh_address_books_and_...

updates, updates, updates
Name: hans jensen Email: hansjensen44_athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: updates, updates, updates Comments: why is it everytime i go online firefox has new updates, 3 -4 times every day, its never ending..........whats all the problems??? please email me and let me know, ty,.........Hans Jensen Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

updates, updates, updates, NO MORE!
Name: Andreas Email: unbekanntatjokerdotms Product: Firefox Summary: updates, updates, updates, NO MORE! Comments: Hi ! if you want to develop a fine webbrowser, maybe you nee a new management. To release a new buggy version every two weeks is not very professional. Test your software before the release and let the user download a stable browser. this update-orgy since 2.0.0 used me to use Opera instead of FF. We haved use FF in our Company, but we can't deploy a new version every week to +200 Windows-clients, so in our company we've decided to return to IE, ...

updates, updates, updates
Holy Crap, Batman! You'd think I was running Windows XP and it's patch Tuesday. So far this week - new kernel (2.6.27.10), 2 new browsers (Opera 9.63 and Firefox 3.05) and a new plugin (Flash 10.0.156.3). I'm about ready to try one od the BSD's! vince wrote: > Holy Crap, Batman! You'd think I was running Windows XP and it's patch > Tuesday. > > So far this week - new kernel (2.6.27.10), 2 new browsers (Opera 9.63 > and Firefox 3.05) and a new plugin (Flash 10.0.156.3). I'm about ready > to try one od the BSD's! I take ...

Updates Updates Updates
I was a big fan of Firefox.. Now, I don't even like to use it. Seems like every time I start it up I have to update some addin OR the browser itself. And unfortunately the update nag messages are always presented when I start a browsing session. I find this annoying because, typically, when I open a web browser all I want to do is go to a web page. Not update the browser. I can agree that staying current with the latest version could give the best, fastest, safest web experience. But that point becomes mute when I start off every other browsing session with a new update. And mos...

Updates, updates and more updates
Name: pirhan Email: pirhan_chanathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Updates, updates and more updates Comments: Hello, Normally I use Safari, but my iBook is out of commission for a while. So, I am forced to use a PC to which I would much rather use Firefox than Internet Exploder. However, as much I enjoy not using a Microsoft product, and use a product that works decently, I am severely annoyed about the constant updates I am put through. In the last two days, I had to wait for Firefox to install updates before I could browse and now, I'm alerted that there'...

Shared Address Books
I manage a shared address book for a group of users in my department. The address book includes contacts for users as well as distribution lists. When I make a change to the distribution lists (added and deleted users) the changes are not syncronizing with the people who have shared access to this book. I have syncronized the changes and hit the refresh book button...however, the no one can see the change when they open the address book from their login account. We are using client 6.5.1 and 6.5.3 and neither of these versions see the changes. Does anyone have a sugges...

groupwise address book will not update email address
I have an existing user that I would like to change the address book entry of. The address book had his Groupwise email address as the listed email address. I want to change this email address to the user's personal email address which is provided by his home ISP. However, when I make the change using either ConsoleOne of iManager the changes do not get updated in the address book. The user's groupwise email address is still listed for the user. When I make the change using ConsoleOne I am presented with a warning that states: ------------------------------------------...

GroupWise Webaccess address book isn't the same as GroupWise Client address book
I am running GroupWise 6.0 sp3 along with GroupWise Webaccess sp3. I made a new entry to my address book from an internet connection to my Webaccess and when I went to review my entry through my GroupWise client it wasn't there, but when I went back into Webaccess it was there. Why wouldn't it synchronize with my GroupWise client? Everything else seems to synchronize OK. Just wondering, Ken@rlmrlm.com I think that stuff usually takes a minute to synchronize to the client unless you launch ConsoleOne and right click on the domain or user and choose GroupWise Utilitie...

Shared Address Book does not update
Hi all, we have a GW65SP4 server running on NW65SP3. The primary domain has 2 Post offices, there are also 2 other secondary domains. A shared address book has been created and shared. The problem is that the shared address book does not update for users in one of the Post offices in the primary domain. All other users see updates. The problem seems to have started when the GW system was upgraded from 6.0 to 6.5. Any help would be greatly appreciated, TIA Lou lou@systemcraft.com.au, > Hi all, we have a GW65SP4 server running on NW65SP3. The primary domain has 2 Post o...

SHared Address Book not updating
I have created a shared address book from the Novell GW address book. (copied all the users and created a new book) I added the new fields I wanted, shared it with a Administrative Assistant. The AA does not get the revisions I make to the address book and when she deletes users they reappear. I have removed her access, she deleted the book from her client . I shared the address book again and when she opens it it is an outdated address book with info that has been deleted from mine some time ago??? GW6.5.1 NW 6.5 sp2 Joe Melhiser VP CIO Peoples Trust & Savings Bank 132 South ...

Updates Updates Updates #3
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Updates Updates Updates Comments: Seems like every time I open the program there is a wait period while some new arcane update gets installed. I have enjoyed and advocated firefox for a good while, but the update thing is really starting to bug me. Doubtless I could simply change the settings to accept the updates or not notify me or something similar - but I CAN'T BE ASSED. I'd have to consider this for more than 30 seconds and as we've already seen I CAN'T BE ASSED. Please make this less annoying in return for which I promis...

updates,updates, updates,etc.
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: updates,updates, updates,etc. Comments: I am so fed up with all these gd updates I COULD SCREAM! Why can't you get it right and stay with it for a while. Between you guys and MSFT you drive me nuts. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Web resources about - update shared address book not updating - novell.groupwise.6x.clients

Wikipedia talk:Updating information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is brilliant! It would probably work best for elections etc in minor locations. For something that's well-known like a US predidential election, ...

8 Tools For Updating Facebook Offsite
Applications for receiving Facebook updates and notifications without having to keep the site open in a browser keep coming out. Here are eight ...

Updating how Cost per Click is Measured on Facebook
To help advertisers better understand how their ads perform, we're updating the definition of cost per click on Facebook. Learn what the change ...

Updating Your App for iOS 9: What You Need to Know
Updating Your App for iOS 9: What You Need to Know

Facebook for iPhone 3.0 to Include Page Updating
... who want to more easily update their Facebook Pages on the go: Facebook for iPhone 3.0 , which should be released soon, will include Page updating, ...

Updating trends on mobile
Trends are a great way to find out what people are talking about on Twitter at a given moment and at a single glance. Starting today, we’re making ...

Delhi Metro Fare Calculator and Auto-Updating Map on the App Store on iTunes
Get Delhi Metro Fare Calculator and Auto-Updating Map on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Updating Emma: Jane Austen's classic joins list of literary reworks
Jane Austen published six novels. Just six. She died before she completed the seventh.

Tips For Updating Your Appearance
Like Joe Hockey, all men can pull off a radical mid-life makover by following some simple guidelines.